The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Thanos and Loki

Mods or anyone if you wanna close this thread, go for it.

But I figured, make it, since it seems important enough.

Will Thanos appear in this movie? At all?

We know he will be out to get Loki based on what was said in The Avengers. And as far as we KNOW, The Infinity Gauntlet is in Odin's vault.

Thanos being the Big Bad of the MCU it seems like, what do you guys think?

Will we see him in Thor:TDW??

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

The payoff to this subplot (Loki failing Thanos) needs to be in an Avengers sequel, not a Thor sequel.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The payoff to this subplot (Loki failing Thanos) needs to be in an Avengers sequel, not a Thor sequel.
the thing is though, I don't think Asgard will be in an Avengers Sequel, its to Thor orriented. And Secondly, I would bet my life that Loki will not be in any Avengers movie. Literally. I'd bet my life

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

lol not sure that's a bet you should be making. The filmmakers made a big point of how bad Loki's punishment would be in the first Avengers movie, they'll follow it up in whichever Avengers sequel features Thanos. You don't need Asgard to have Loki in it.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

nah. I just don't see it being covered in another Avengers movie. Tom is more than likely done with Avengers movies. Thanos will appear in multiple films. I would be shocked if Loki appears in another Avengers movie. I find it very doubtful

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,730
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Based on the demand for more Loki I could see him appearing at least in a limited role where he shows up in the beginning/middle and then again at the end

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
nah. I just don't see it being covered in another Avengers movie. Tom is more than likely done with Avengers movies. Thanos will appear in multiple films. I would be shocked if Loki appears in another Avengers movie. I find it very doubtful
There are three or four long-ish conversations about how bad Loki's punishment is going to be in Avengers. That isn't material they aren't going to cover in the sequels.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,633
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

I kind of doubt Thanos will appear in any level beyond that of the reference of ending cameo. However, that's because I am, personally, skeptical that Thanos is going to be the villain of Avengers 2.

He'll cast a shadow on Thor 2, by way of Loki's presence and punishment ( and likely scenes of interrogation ). However, it would not shock if Thanos doesn't actually appear at all.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

yeah, I figured it would be covered in Thor 2.

Obviously. We are gunna go into Thor 2, and what happened to Loki during the avengers will be skipped out? I doubt it

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I kind of doubt Thanos will appear in any level beyond that of the reference of ending cameo. However, that's because I am, personally, skeptical that Thanos is going to be the villain of Avengers 2.

He'll cast a shadow on Thor 2, by way of Loki's presence and punishment ( and likely scenes of interrogation ). However, it would not shock if Thanos doesn't actually appear at all.
that's how I see it.

Reference, or a line or two. Nothing plot related.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
Morning Root
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 82
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
the thing is though, I don't think Asgard will be in an Avengers Sequel, its to Thor orriented. And Secondly, I would bet my life that Loki will not be in any Avengers movie. Literally. I'd bet my life
I won't ask you to bet your life. But yes, I agree.
Having a Thor-based villain already in Phase 1 will likely cancel out his continuation of significance in the following Avenger films. Or at least it should, in my mind. It would be like having two separate series of Thor films.

Morning Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yeah, I figured it would be covered in Thor 2.

Obviously. We are gunna go into Thor 2, and what happened to Loki during the avengers will be skipped out? I doubt it
Odin'll punish him. Then we can assume he'll free himself, or Malekith will free him, or somehow he'll be freed. And then, down the line, in a later film, Thanos will punish him

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,576
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Thanos doesn't *need* to punish Loki. It was just a threat.

I'll say it again: Thanos manipulated Loki. All he wanted was to get the Cube back to Asgard, so that Thanos can get into the vault and get his cherished glove back. He doesn't need to "punish" Loki, because it was all a ruse.

Odin, however, certainly has reason to punish Loki, and he'll probably either wind up in his mythological/Marvel place in chains with Jormungandr eternally dripping acid into his unblinking eyeballs (look it up if you don't believe me), or he'll wind up redeeming himself by saving Asgard from whoever invades it in Thor 2.

Yeah, I think Thanos will have a bit part in Thor 2. I think it'll come at the end of the movie, when Asgard lies in ruins after Surtur destroys it, and Odin lies dead, and Thor takes the throne. The movie ends, or post-creds, with Thanos finding the Gauntlet in the ruins, and putting it on.

That's where my bet for Thor 2 is going.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Thanos doesn't *need* to punish Loki. It was just a threat.

I'll say it again: Thanos manipulated Loki. All he wanted was to get the Cube back to Asgard, so that Thanos can get into the vault and get his cherished glove back. He doesn't need to "punish" Loki, because it was all a ruse.

Odin, however, certainly has reason to punish Loki, and he'll probably either wind up in his mythological/Marvel place in chains with Jormungandr eternally dripping acid into his unblinking eyeballs (look it up if you don't believe me), or he'll wind up redeeming himself by saving Asgard from whoever invades it in Thor 2.

Yeah, I think Thanos will have a bit part in Thor 2. I think it'll come at the end of the movie, when Asgard lies in ruins after Surtur destroys it, and Odin lies dead, and Thor takes the throne. The movie ends, or post-creds, with Thanos finding the Gauntlet in the ruins, and putting it on.

That's where my bet for Thor 2 is going.
You are really sold on Surtur being in this.

Let me ask you two things.

One. Do you think it will set up continuing a Surtur twilight thing for Thor 3? While Thor rules?

Two, is there something you are not telling us? Or something you are trying to tell us? lol

have you heard "word"? in all honesty, because all of us find it very unlikely, however, you speak as if you know for a fact. 0.o

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Yeah, i think Thanos will possibly have a role, but i don't think he's that interested in punishing Loki, if anything it will be the "other" the one who does that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,023
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

It's tough. I mean, if Thanos isn't gunna do anything to Loki, then aside from the gauntlet, he doesn't need to be in it. I think it is too early for him to get the gauntlet, especially if some of us think he will stretch all the way to avengers 3.

If he doesn't punish Loki, as Sam said, won't Loki sort just, have no reason to fear him anymore?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing
 
Baneis8feettall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in indecent times
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
the thing is though, I don't think Asgard will be in an Avengers Sequel, its to Thor orriented. And Secondly, I would bet my life that Loki will not be in any Avengers movie. Literally. I'd bet my life
I think they'll keep Loki in Avengers 2 as well. He is more popular than many avengers alone.

__________________
"Nothing less than a knight, shining."
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #18
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing
 
Baneis8feettall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in indecent times
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It's tough. I mean, if Thanos isn't gunna do anything to Loki, then aside from the gauntlet, he doesn't need to be in it. I think it is too early for him to get the gauntlet, especially if some of us think he will stretch all the way to avengers 3.

If he doesn't punish Loki, as Sam said, won't Loki sort just, have no reason to fear him anymore?
Maybe it was Thanos' plan to get Tesseract in Asgard. Loki has been manipulated so he doesn't need to get punishment for his failure.

__________________
"Nothing less than a knight, shining."
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #19
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You are really sold on Surtur being in this.
Ya, seriously. Obsessed.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Thanos doesn't *need* to punish Loki. It was just a threat.

I'll say it again: Thanos manipulated Loki. All he wanted was to get the Cube back to Asgard, so that Thanos can get into the vault and get his cherished glove back. He doesn't need to "punish" Loki, because it was all a ruse.
I don't think it was a ruse. It was a win-win in either scenario. The Other was pretty freakin' stern about their other-dimensional ambitions once they go their hands on the cube, even raised his hand to Loki.

Nothing could be better from a story telling perspective than having the red-headed step child bringing arguably the universes' most feared right to Asgard's doorstep because of his continued poor choices. This leaves the brother and the father left with the duality of knowing the problems/deaths Loki has caused but also dealing with the desire to protect their brother/son.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing
 
Baneis8feettall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in indecent times
Posts: 1,156
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I don't think it was a ruse. It was a win-win in either scenario. The Other was pretty freakin' stern about their other-dimensional ambitions once they go their hands on the cube, even raised his hand to Loki.

Nothing could be better from a story telling perspective than having the red-headed step child bringing arguably the universes' most feared right to Asgard's doorstep because of his continued poor choices. This leaves the brother and the father left with the duality of knowing the problems/deaths Loki has caused but also dealing with the desire to protect their brother/son.
Like Troy.Stupidty of Paris brought Agamemnon and caused destruction of Troy and death of Hector.

Nice.

__________________
"Nothing less than a knight, shining."
Baneis8feettall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #22
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,576
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
You are really sold on Surtur being in this.

Let me ask you two things.

One. Do you think it will set up continuing a Surtur twilight thing for Thor 3? While Thor rules?

Two, is there something you are not telling us? Or something you are trying to tell us? lol

have you heard "word"? in all honesty, because all of us find it very unlikely, however, you speak as if you know for a fact. 0.o
Nope.
No "inside info," no "proof," just conjecture.
Just a reasonable assumption, based on how Simonson's story plays out; on casting calls for extras that almost certainly point to fire demons; and simply my firm belief that Marvel Studios intends to go a lot bigger in this movie.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #23
Godzilla2000
Empathically Inclined
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Having trouble with the cheesecake thing.
Posts: 6,816
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
The payoff to this subplot (Loki failing Thanos) needs to be in an Avengers sequel, not a Thor sequel.
You know, this got me thinking what if Thor and Loki are marooned on Earth, bereft of their powers without the technology of Asgard to bail them out because of Ragnarok and that's when Thanos decides to invade Earth?

__________________
- Why is so much anger, possessiveness and jealousy unfairly attached to me like a herculean burden akin to Atlas holding up the world for all eternity or Sisyphus rolling a boulder futilely up a mountain?

- Keep riding that crazy train.

- It's others that are the problem in a case of addictions. The loved one must be separated from these influences and have positive, nonaddicted, good influences implanted in their lives.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Chewy
REDACTED
 
Chewy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,016
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Thanos doesn't need them powerless, though. He's all powerful. And a whole movie with powerless Thor and Loki would kind of be the pits, haha

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #25
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,633
Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Also, being marooned on Earth wouldn't make either of them powerless. Thor was only powerless because Odin stripped him of his powers.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.