The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 09-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Lol at anyone thinking bane was done well in arkham.

Tom hardy's bane was a fantastic representation, and even felt like he had some sort of jamaican accent in scenes (I didn't see da liiightuntil I wasa man!); and yes, I know bane's a Spaniard in the comics. It will be a long time before someone is that awesome, scary, and imposing on screen again.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Travesty
TEOL

Where has anyone said that Bane was amazing in the Arkham games?

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #28
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Just skimmed the topic, and read something about bane and arkham. Thought someone brought it up

Old 09-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #29
the_scream
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus_Snape View Post
Just skimmed the topic, and read something about bane and arkham. Thought someone brought it up
I said people are praising the Arkham games and characters not specifically Bane.

the_scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #30
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Surely people are praising the story of characters of Arkham by video game story and characterization standards? Because by film standards it is pitiful. Far worse than this film even.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #31
The Batman
The Dark Knight

To act like Arkham got it better or worse than Nolan is laughable.

Arkham City's Talia is ten times better than Nolan's version, and anyone who actually cares about the character would agree, IMO. However, to say the Bane in the Arkham games is better than Nolan's Bane is flat out ridiculous.

And I'll say this for the Batman in the video games...while he was supposedly invincible, its no worse than a Batman who's villains were mostly a step ahead of him until the last minute, like in the last two Nolan films.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #32
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Has this been posted yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #33
Cunning Stunts

Quote:
Lol at anyone thinking bane was done well in arkham.

Tom hardy's bane was a fantastic representation, and even felt like he had some sort of jamaican accent in scenes (I didn't see da liiightuntil I wasa man!); and yes, I know bane's a Spaniard in the comics. It will be a long time before someone is that awesome, scary, and imposing on screen again.
His accent wasn't even remotely close to Jamaican. He based it off of the boxer Bartley Gorman, who he claimed had a "Romani Gypsi" feel to his voice.

Cunning Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #34
JackWhite
Third Man

lmfao at Bane sounding Jamaican. But yeah, there was a weird ethnic quality to Bane's voice when he said words like "Body".

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #35
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Arkham City's Talia is ten times better than Nolan's version, and anyone who actually cares about the character would agree, IMO. However, to say the Bane in the Arkham games is better than Nolan's Bane is flat out ridiculous.

And I'll say this for the Batman in the video games...while he was supposedly invincible, its no worse than a Batman who's villains were mostly a step ahead of him until the last minute, like in the last two Nolan films.
Yeah, and the set photos that were leaked around this time last year totally killed the end twist. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
lmfao at Bane sounding Jamaican. But yeah, there was a weird ethnic quality to Bane's voice when he said words like "Body".
Well not jamaican. Just kinda...I can't really place it.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #36
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Yeah, and the set photos that were leaked around this time last year totally killed the end twist. Lol

Well not jamaican. Just kinda...I can't really place it.
I wasn't pointing and laughing at you. Just thinking about Bane saying his lines with a Jamaican accent made me laugh out loud.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #37
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
His accent wasn't even remotely close to Jamaican. He based it off of the boxer Bartley Gorman, who he claimed had a "Romani Gypsi" feel to his voice.
That particular quote about the light did sound Jamaican

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #38
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

The accent was fictional. Hardy based it on a bare-knuckle Boxer and studied European and Caribbean dialects to get down Bane's unique voice.

I loved it. Tom's interpretation was aristocratic and keen.

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #39
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
Bartley Gorman is Irish. There's an obvious European flavor to the voice but it seemed to me to be a mix of a lot of different accents. There are times I can hear the Caribbean influences in it.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #40
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The Arkham games butchered Bane. He was laughably bad in them. Especially in Arkham City.
Yep, I don't understand his thinking in regards to the Titan containers side mission especially.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #41
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Everything about Bane in the Arkham games was an abomination.

*shivers*

DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #42
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

She seemed like she was pretty close to Grant Morrisons current take on her,ofcourse she was nothing like classic Talia.Whether that's good or bad I dunno but classic Talia makes me think of Bella Swan.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #43
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
You can still have a better/more accurate portrayal in something, without the story being the best in the world. It happens in the comics all the time.

And I think Bane has been portrayed MUCH better in the comics and animation.
You mean in TAS where he was initially just a stereotypical luchadore with a laughable costume,fighting style and accent? while they did improve him later on in that universe he was still nothing more than just any other guy whom Batman had to pulverize.No interesting backstory,personality, presence etc.Or are you referring to "the Batman version" where he was just a crappy Hulk ripoff? same goes for Brave and the Bold.He was a pushover in Young Justice and JL Doom so how exactly is he so great in animation?

Ofcourse the comics Bane is better duh,but even comics Bane has had hiccoughs,I mean take a look at his new-52 version from the Dark Knight series.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #44
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Yep, I don't understand his thinking in regards to the Titan containers side mission especially.
Well I could understand him wanting all the Titan for himself considering it was made from the venom taken from his blood. But it was how all he did in the game was ask Batman to help him get them all, then get so laughably defeated by being clumsily trapped behind a flimsy metal elevator gate we all know he could tear down in a heartbeat.

Paul Dini must have something against Bane.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #45
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
But it was how all he did in the game was ask Batman to help him get them all, then get so laughably defeated by being clumsily trapped behind a flimsy metal elevator gate we all know he could tear down in a heartbeat.
His defeat was absolutely weak and he looked like a bone head. I thought it was odd he asked Batman in the first place when he could have had all of the containers to himself without Batman destroying the other half, and then ultimately all of them.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #46
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
You mean in TAS where he was initially just a stereotypical luchadore with a laughable costume,fighting style and accent? while they did improve him later on in that universe he was still nothing more than just any other guy whom Batman had to pulverize.No interesting backstory,personality, presence etc.Or are you referring to "the Batman version" where he was just a crappy Hulk ripoff? same goes for Brave and the Bold.He was a pushover in Young Justice and JL Doom so how exactly is he so great in animation?

Ofcourse the comics Bane is better duh,but even comics Bane has had hiccoughs,I mean take a look at his new-52 version from the Dark Knight series.
Obviously, you don't like Bane's characterization, aside from Nolan's.

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Obviously, you don't like Bane's characterization, aside from Nolan's.
So what exactly am I supposed to like about the Arkham,Brave and the Bold and The Batman versions of Bane?

TAS Bane was laughable in his debut,watch his fight with Bruce.They were using clothlines,irish whips,dominators and Leg scissors.

They improved him later on but he still just a simple minded thug,same goes for JL Doom.

Young Justice Bane was a pushover.

So yeah Nolan's Bane wins cause they managed to incorporate many aspects of the character from the comics.

We got Knightfall(breaking the Bat,taking over Gotham)
Bane of the Demon/Legacy(wanting to lead the League and continue Ra's legacy)
Secret Six(his relationship with Talia was reminiscent of his relationship with Scandal Savage)
He was raised in a prison,presented himself as a revolutionary(the people of Santa Prisca view him similarly)

Nolan's Bane was the MOST accurate Bane and dare I say more closer to the source material than any other character in the trilogy.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
His defeat was absolutely weak and he looked like a bone head. I thought it was odd he asked Batman in the first place when he could have had all of the containers to himself without Batman destroying the other half, and then ultimately all of them.
He was basically setting himself up there. Batman saw right through his BS. "I knew I couldn't trust you, Bane. So I used you instead".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post
Nolan's Bane was the MOST accurate Bane and dare I say more closer to the source material than any other character in the trilogy.
Jim Gordon wins that title. With Joker in second place: http://www.jokerfans.blogspot.ie/

Catwoman would be a close third.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #49
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

What TDKR did taking Bane's best stories and putting into story not exactly but similarly like they did same with other characters. Nolan's Batman story/characterizations are quite faithfull even they are visually different.

It's like comics collage combined with Nolan's own style.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #50
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Bane's movie costume is cooler than the comics anyways.