The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #151
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Whedon is a creator, avengers probably doesn't have as big a place in his heart as his original work due to the fact that it was something he signed on to and not created himself. He likely considers some of his original creations great but not the thing he was just singed up for.

It's sort of a reason you won't see very established directors jump onto other properties, they like to create the worlds themselves.

I think the only reason Disney got him back is they must have offered him the moon when it came to his salary bump up.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #152
Lorus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 276
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
i won't argue with someone who says they prefer Serenity or Firefly over the Avengers but jeez, "easily his weakest piece"

thoroughly bewildered. do you honestly prefer early Buffy to The Avengers??
Are you referring to the film or television series? I wasn't including the film when talking about his oeuvre of work because he pretty much disowned the project before it even came out due to how it was being treated. As for the the tv series, yeah, I think Buffy is very strong and boasts some great character work and clearly defined, interesting thematics throughout. I recognise the inherent problems in comparing a tv series to a film though given they are different storytelling mediums.

As for the 'rushed production' comment, I stand by it. Whedon admitted that he had very little time to get everything sorted and claimed to be writing, directing and editing the film all at the same time. He said that he enjoyed the pressure and wasn't being hostile towards Marvel when he was speaking but he did make it clear that he came in fairly last minute and was given a very strict deadline. They weren't going to move the release date again to accommodate Whedon. Under the circumstances, it's pretty impressive that Whedon produced something as great as he did.


Last edited by Lorus; 09-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #153
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

If you're talking subjectively, fine. You can like whatever the hell you want.

But to make a declaritive statement that Avengers is EASILY his weakest, there needs to be some kind of objective reasoning behind that for the statement to have any credibility at all.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #154
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,212
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
Are you referring to the film or television series? I wasn't including the film when talking about his oeuvre of work because he pretty much disowned the project before it even came out due to how it was being treated.

The Buffy film is still Whedon's artistic work, whether or not he wants to disown it. As is the case with the wretched Alien Resurrection. It's understandable that Whedon wouldn't want to take the blame for those massive failures, but he got sole writing credits for both the Buffy film and AR, which makes him responsible for those scripts. And then there's Dollhouse. Even allowing for the subjective nature of judgments about quality, claiming that it was better than The Avengers is laughable on its face.


Would you say that The Avengers is weaker than Alien Ressurection or Dollhouse? Or are you pulling the "Whedon didn't like it/the network interfered so it isn't his work" card for those ones, too?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #155
Lorus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 276
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
If you're talking subjectively, fine. You can like whatever the hell you want.

But to make a declaritive statement that Avengers is EASILY his weakest, there needs to be some kind of objective reasoning behind that for the statement to have any credibility at all.
We're talking about artistic works in which there can be no objective judge of quality. Given that we all understand that, I'd have thought that I could make comments and have everyone appreciate that I don't speak with absolute authority on the matter given that none exists. I do have reasoning behind making my decision which I'm happy to discuss and debate, that's the whole point of these boards. Not many posters have offered much objective reasoning for the Avengers superiority and nobody appears outraged.

Quote:
The Buffy film is still Whedon's artistic work, whether or not he wants to disown it. As is the case with the wretched Alien Resurrection. It's understandable that Whedon wouldn't want to take the blame for those massive failures, but he got sole writing credits for both the Buffy film and AR, which makes him responsible for those scripts. And then there's Dollhouse. Even allowing for the subjective nature of judgments about quality, claiming that it was better than The Avengers is laughable on its face.


Would you say that The Avengers is weaker than Alien Ressurection or Dollhouse? Or are you pulling the "Whedon didn't like it/the network interfered so it isn't his work" card for those ones, too?
From what I can gather, Whedon disowned the Buffy film because it didn't accurately represent his ideas, hence the show. He refused to associate with the film before any critical reception was received. As such, I don't associate that film with Whedon more than I associate the Avengers with Penn. I have no idea how Alien Resurrection went down but the situation seems similar. If I must clarify then I'll amend the statement to say that I consider Avengers weaker than his television work, Serenity and his Marvel comics.

Dollhouse is not perfect, nothing is, but I think its strengths outweigh its flaws. Season 1's 'Man on the Street', season 2's 'Vows' or the unaired pilot 'Echo' are good examples of the strengths of that show. All written by Whedon. They tackle some interesting themes, provide good characterisation and the subtext is tackled with perhaps a greater degree of nuance, or is less muddled than Avengers. I don't find those statement particularly absurd.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #156
lixdexia
Blood Angels
 
lixdexia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,951
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

edited for douchiness of statement

__________________
INTENSITY
INTEGRITY
INTELLIGENCE

dictated, not read.

Last edited by lixdexia; 09-04-2012 at 07:47 AM.
lixdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #157
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
We're talking about artistic works in which there can be no objective judge of quality. Given that we all understand that, I'd have thought that I could make comments and have everyone appreciate that I don't speak with absolute authority on the matter given that none exists. I do have reasoning behind making my decision which I'm happy to discuss and debate, that's the whole point of these boards. Not many posters have offered much objective reasoning for the Avengers superiority and nobody appears outraged.
Around here, whenever you express an opinion or speculation, everybody automatically assumes you're trying to assert cold hard facts; and therefore, when your opinion or speculation disagrees with their beliefs, you are therefore "wrong."

It's the nature of the 'Hype.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #158
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

No, I think on these forums, whenever someone has an opinion that is particularly strong or extreme, if they DON'T back it up with any real reasoning, a lot of the time they're trolling. It's an unfortunate truth on the Hype.

However, I would like to have a discussion about it so Lorus, I'm curious as to your rationale, particularly with shows like Dollhouse that I think are bigger weaknesses of Whedon's.

I'll start with my reasons why I think Avengers was one of his best, because he managed to perfectly bridge the mediums of comic and film by using all the same skills and writing tools he has utilised in his years of comic writing and managed to make it work on screen. He managed to juggle 5 or more big characters, included some great character moments, some of which are that particular characters greatest moments in any non-comic medium as well as delivering an amazing action finale.

Discuss? :P

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #159
Lorus
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 276
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
No, I think on these forums, whenever someone has an opinion that is particularly strong or extreme, if they DON'T back it up with any real reasoning, a lot of the time they're trolling. It's an unfortunate truth on the Hype.

However, I would like to have a discussion about it so Lorus, I'm curious as to your rationale, particularly with shows like Dollhouse that I think are bigger weaknesses of Whedon's.

I'll start with my reasons why I think Avengers was one of his best, because he managed to perfectly bridge the mediums of comic and film by using all the same skills and writing tools he has utilised in his years of comic writing and managed to make it work on screen. He managed to juggle 5 or more big characters, included some great character moments, some of which are that particular characters greatest moments in any non-comic medium as well as delivering an amazing action finale.

Discuss? :P
Well, I think I should start by again stating that I do think the Avengers is a strong piece of work, so when I call it Whedon's weakest I'm not attempting to demean it. I agree with much of what you say about it, however I think there are parts of the craft which he has more deftly handled elsewhere.

Take the character arcs, they are fairly small and perfectly functional within the film, tying into the overall theme of the film. However, they are weakened somewhat by the fact that they don't get much exploration as it were. Take Natasha's arc: she wrestles with her own self delusion about the morality and clinical nature of her world view before actively deciding to involve herself in the world. This is instigated by her interrogation of Loki but there is little exploration of the idea before she concludes her arc in talking to Hawkeye.

His other works, I think, delve into the evolution of the arcs more thoroughly. Serenity, which is a weaker ensemble piece in the sense of equally developed characters but a stronger overall film, takes more time with Mal's development and explores it to a greater degree. His tv ensemble work obvious does this too, but I hesitate to compare the depth of character work over a season of television to one film.

The subtext is murkier in the Avengers as well. The themes of individualism, collectivism, control and identity are there but they don't quite cohere in my mind because they don't appear to have Whedon's full attention. I find that a bit frustrating because it makes some elements seem a bit disjointed. There seems to be a greater degree of streamlining in his other work, Dollhouse, I feel is very strong in this area.

There are also a few awkward moments of storytelling within the Avengers. To an extent, the audience can be blamed for complaining about Stark's supposed regression or the Hulk's level of control because they have misinterpreted the film, but Whedon also bears some level of responsibility for not expressing himself clearly. I must confess that I feel I only understand Banner's character as I do because Whedon used a very similar device in Astonishing X-Men with Cyclops, where it was better expressed.

I'm possibly rambling a bit but hopefully this can open a dialogue which will allow me to streamline my thoughts.

Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #160
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

On the topic of subtext and character development, I don't think it's quite fair to compare it with Whedon's television work. In those instances, he has about 12 - 20 hours per season to flesh out his characters, and they are HIS characters right from the get go.

With Avengers, he was picking up other peoples iterations of these characters and his goal was to, along with bringing them all together in a cohesive and engaging story, to make the characters his as well, both things I think he succeeded at. Now, part of this is due to the strong level of communication Marvel has had across all the films as far as maintaining a continuity. But consider the fact that Joss Whedon now has the role of overseeing all of the Marvel properties. He is the one who will be joining the dots, connecting the visions. I think Avengers was just the start of Whedons vision, and with that in mind, I don't think it's fair to judge the extent of the character development we saw. The fact that we saw such great character development in a huge ensemble film like this at all is amazing, but in the scope of the overall MCU story, this is just one comic volume, one episode of an overall 'series' if you will. I don't think there needs to be the same expectation on development. If anything, a lot of the character development was resolved in the final fight, with some character conflicts being resolved from their OWN movies.

The threads left untied seem more than likely to continue in the characters solo movies and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Think of a comic book. How often do you get EVERYTHING resolved in the one volume?

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #161
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 807
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
So you're saying he had two years to work on the script?
Hired in summer 2010, film releases in 2012....no, that's 2 years to make the entire movie.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #162
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,137
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

On the topic of subtext and character development, I don't think it's quite fair to compare it with Whedon's television work. In those instances, he has about 12 - 20 hours per season to flesh out his characters, and they are HIS characters right from the get go.

With Avengers, he was picking up other peoples iterations of these characters and his goal was to, along with bringing them all together in a cohesive and engaging story, to make the characters his as well, both things I think he succeeded at. Now, part of this is due to the strong level of communication Marvel has had across all the films as far as maintaining a continuity. But consider the fact that Joss Whedon now has the role of overseeing all of the Marvel properties. He is the one who will be joining the dots, connecting the visions. I think Avengers was just the start of Whedons vision, and with that in mind, I don't think it's fair to judge the extent of the character development we saw. The fact that we saw such great character development in a huge ensemble film like this at all is amazing, but in the scope of the overall MCU story, this is just one comic volume, one episode of an overall 'series' if you will. I don't think there needs to be the same expectation on development. If anything, a lot of the character development was resolved in the final fight, with some character conflicts being resolved from their OWN movies.

The threads left untied seem more than likely to continue in the characters solo movies and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. Think of a comic book. How often do you get EVERYTHING resolved in the one volume?
This.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #163
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,844
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
Hired in summer 2010, film releases in 2012....no, that's 2 years to make the entire movie.
Which is not entirely unheard of and pretty doable in Hollywood. It's not like he was starting with a whole cast of blank characters he had to flesh out in a 2.5 hour film. Plus, Marvel had plenty of resources and people to help him with anything he needed.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #164
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 807
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Which is not entirely unheard of and pretty doable in Hollywood.
I didn't say it's unheard of. It's doable, but as I said earlier, it is a very tight schedule and doesn't allow for very much course correction (see Iron Man 2). Which is why I agree that it's a miracle the movie turned out to be as great as it is, and why I'm very happy that Whedon has more time for the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It's not like he was starting with a whole cast of blank characters he had to flesh out in a 2.5 hour film.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #165
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,854
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

I think Avengers is FAR from Whedon's weakest piece (It easily tops Alien Resurrection, the Buffy movie, and maybe also Dollhouse and Dr. Horrible even though I love those), but I do think Buffy The Show, on the whole (not each and every episode, just like not each and every scene in the Avengers is without criticism), was a much bigger and better achievement. I actually still think it's his greatest achievement as a storyteller. BUT, Phase II (& maybe III?) has the potential to be even better if he ends up seeing it all through as one gigantic story. Avengers on it's own is like S1 of any Whedon show - barely scratching the surface of what it could/would become, imo.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 09-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #166
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Avengers= weak on any level????

Some people just don't get it...

__________________
Iron Man Captain America Thor Hulk
Black Widow Hawkeye Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #167
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,212
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Avengers= weak on any level????

Some people just don't get it...

At least most of them seem to have dropped the "looks like a TV show/the cinematography is horrible" canard, so I guess we should be grateful.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #168
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,756
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Honestly, I wouldn't buy Buffy being stronger, not as a whole. Bearing in mind that comparing a movie to a TV series is somewhat apples and oranges, Buffy has two positively dreadful seasons, and large chunks of mediocrity. Avengers, by contrast, manages to maintain note-perfect characterization and ( especially ) pacing from beginning to end. Consistency is a major virtue.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #169
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,052
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Buffy also has quite a few annoying characters, and he was still in the thick of his excessive Whedonisms back then. They've gradually been pruned away so that people can be a bit more normal and not sound so quirky and adding "y" onto the end of everything. Avengers is a more mature and balanced work. Even Dollhouse had pruned away some of those elements, with the only overly quirky character being Topher, who would've been so commonplace back at the time of Buffy.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #170
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 69,783
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

The Avengers just lacks the depth that Buffy often had.

It's Joss making his version of a Michael Bay Transformers movie. Granted, it's considerably better than an actual Michael Bay Transformers movie. But it's just all spectacle.

Now, it's obviously not his worst work, that's just crazy. But it's also not his best.

__________________
#TakeBackTheLounge

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them


Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #171
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,918
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The Avengers just lacks the depth that Buffy often had.

It's Joss making his version of a Michael Bay Transformers movie. Granted, it's considerably better than an actual Michael Bay Transformers movie. But it's just all spectacle.

Now, it's obviously not his worst work, that's just crazy. But it's also not his best.
I think it's fair to say I disagree with you on that point.

I can't really speak to whether Buffy was better, since I've never seen it. Maybe it is. I don't think it's fair to categorize Avengers as just a spectacle. Whedon doesn't write those kinds of stories.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #172
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,850
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The Avengers just lacks the depth that Buffy often had.
If your talking about the series then sure. An on going series can go deeper because they have all the time in the world and you know the chatracters and sub plots from previous episodes. If you're talking about the movie then no freakin way. In fact that might be the worst thing that Joss ever wrote.

Quote:
It's Joss making his version of a Michael Bay Transformers movie. Granted, it's considerably better than an actual Michael Bay Transformers movie. But it's just all spectacle.
There was nothing Micheal Bay about it at all. Not in any way. That's just absurd.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #173
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

THE AVENGERS isn’t remotely Whedon’s weakest work. It’s also nowhere near his best, other than action and scale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorus View Post
The subtext is murkier in the Avengers as well. The themes of individualism, collectivism, control and identity are there but they don't quite cohere in my mind because they don't appear to have Whedon's full attention.
And that is the film’s weakest element…it introduces concepts and themes, but it does little to explore them. Joss Whedon’s a much, much better writer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Yeah, I get where you're coming from.
The fact that we saw such great character development in a huge ensemble film like this at all is amazing, but in the scope of the overall MCU story, this is just one comic volume, one episode of an overall 'series' if you will. I don't think there needs to be the same expectation on development. If anything, a lot of the character development was resolved in the final fight, with some character
Calling this film’s character development “great” strikes me as serious hyperbole. The character interaction in the film is pretty solid, at least unique.

The actual character development is minimal.

And yes, there’s a difference in the time one has to develop characters in the TV format VS film, but there’s really no difference in the idea of shifting focus from character development to story and action. You either focus on that element as a writer, or you don’t. Whedon chose to focus on humor instead, and let a lot of the weighter and more interesting elements sit on the backburner. And I think he recognizes that.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #174
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
The Avengers just lacks the depth that Buffy often had.

It's Joss making his version of a Michael Bay Transformers movie.
Congrats you've just said the dumbest thing on the internet today!

__________________
Iron Man Captain America Thor Hulk
Black Widow Hawkeye Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #175
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 69,783
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Oh gosh, I've pissed off the fanatics!

Get over yourselves.

__________________
#TakeBackTheLounge

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them


Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.