BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Who knows?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #77
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Clearly it's the same central design as the Jean Grey School. How it fits into the film, and the franchise, isn't clear - but it seems a hint at a post-X3 scenario that could set up Days of Future Past.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #78
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

I mean, I guess... but I don't think it means anything.
It means a post-X3 setting and absolute deviation from the film Aronofsky was going to make.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #79
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
It means a post-X3 setting and absolute deviation from the film Aronofsky was going to make.
Aronofsky may have delivered something amazing but we'll never really know, not even from the script (which is just stage one of the process).

I think trying to create a larger canvas, a more coherent timeline (as Marvel Studios has done well, regardless of its films' other shortcomings) has to be a good thing. This franchise needs mapping out!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
Old 09-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #80
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Big coincidence? Doubtful. Easter egg? Perhaps. Shocking attempt at continuity? Also doubtful.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #81
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It could be post X3 OR post X2 if they were retconning Last Stand...

Old 09-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #82
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
It means Bryan Singer was quite serious when they said they want to start connecting films.That design means Wolverine will eather leave school now named Jean Grey school for gifted youngers to go to japan or film will end with Wolverine at renamed mansion In post Last stand timeline.
The wolverine will connect with both The Last Stand and Days of future past.This pretty much confirms Hugh Jackman will have some kind of role In
Days of future Past.And renaming school Jean Grey school for gifted Youngsters hints Patrick Stewert won't be In future sequenzes of DOFP.
It defently appears they are treating X-men films like Avengers related films.

The question Is how much the original script remains.I defently hope at some point the original script leaks online.It would be nice to see what originally
was planned.And that way we can know once and for all If the crapness of the leaked Batman year One script was because of Frank Miller.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #83
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It means Bryan Singer was quite serious when they said they want to start connecting films.That design means Wolverine will eather leave school now named Jean Grey school for gifted youngers to go to japan or film will end with Wolverine at renamed mansion In post Last stand timeline.
The wolverine will connect with both The Last Stand and Days of future past.This pretty much confirms Hugh Jackman will have some kind of role In
Days of future Past.And renaming school Jean Grey school for gifted Youngsters hints Patrick Stewert won't be In future sequenzes of DOFP.
It defently appears they are treating X-men films like Avengers related films.

The question Is how much the original script remains.I defently hope at some point the original script leaks online.It would be nice to see what originally
was planned.And that way we can know once and for all If the crapness of the leaked Batman year One script was because of Frank Miller.
Uhm cool, I think. Before said if it's really a good idea, i have to wait not The Wolverine but X-Men: Days of future past.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #84
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Aronofsky may have delivered something amazing but we'll never really know, not even from the script (which is just stage one of the process).

I think trying to create a larger canvas, a more coherent timeline (as Marvel Studios has done well, regardless of its films' other shortcomings) has to be a good thing. This franchise needs mapping out!
Aronofsky's shooting scripts are virtually identical to his films.

His Wolverine story was just brilliant.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
There's a scene where Logan looks through the glass of Yukio's penthouse, watching the Tokyo cityscape. All we see at first is his reflection through the glass with the bright lights outside, until we see Yukio's dead body slowly plummet into the abyss while tears fall from his eyes.

The script is filled with scenes and shots like that.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #85
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Clearly it's the same central design as the Jean Grey School. How it fits into the film, and the franchise, isn't clear - but it seems a hint at a post-X3 scenario that could set up Days of Future Past.
Yeah, dont think theres any denying that looking a lil too identical to the JG school logo. Since these the next two films are so close together, bridging them to one another in some way or another seems likely and will only raise hype for DOFP.

I guess it could be an easter egg, but thats an odd one since the symbol identifes an established school. Would be odd to put it in a random scene for no relation. With Prof X and Jean gone it seems more likely theres a post X3 scene at some point in the film.

Last edited by def28; 09-09-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #86
JP
Flame On

But why would they rename the school after Jean Grey when in X3 Wolverine was pretty much the only person who had any desire to help Jean.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #87
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

...What? How could it not mean anything? It's definitely going to mean something.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #88
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Aronofsky's shooting scripts are virtually identical to his films.

His Wolverine story was just brilliant.

There's a scene where Logan looks through the glass of Yukio's penthouse, watching the Tokyo cityscape. All we see at first is his reflection through the glass with the bright lights outside, until we see Yukio's dead body slowly plummet into the abyss while tears fall from his eyes.

The script is filled with scenes and shots like that.
wow you mean In Aronofsky's The Wolverine
Yuriko was killed.

God I wish that would have leaked especilly since
Mariko Is probally going to be killed before the end

The connection to other films probally means my dream ending for film
Viper posions Mariko while wolverine has final dual with silver samuri.
Wolverine relcuently uses claws on Mariko to put her out of misery at her request.Wolverine Is at her grave and rejects finally Yuriko and walks away alone
won't happen

The only details I read about the script was the character breakdowns from 2010 leaked after Aronofsky came on board.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #89
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
But why would they rename the school after Jean Grey when in X3 Wolverine was pretty much the only person who had any desire to help Jean.
My guess Is In post Last Stand with Xavier gone the school Is renamed
to honor her for some reason.

I wonder If this means there will be any surprise cameos by other characters
alive at end of Last Stand.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #90
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Based on that pic we are looking at multiple timeframes In this film.I think we are looking at 2 possibiltys

1:Prologue In world war II.Bulk of film set before X-men trilogy with final sequenze set post Last stand
2:Prologue set In world War 2.bulk of film has Wolverine going to japan post The Last Stand with flashback showing how wolverine bearded first met Viper
my only argument with this idea.. is since Jean and Xavier died in the same film... why is Xavier losing the name off of his school and building? unless.. the mansion get's destroyed post X3... and we find out about that in X-men Day's of Future Past?????????

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #91
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

i don't know... it's actually very startlingly similar..

and lets face it... the X-men are fox's avengers. By syncing up all the marvel films in the avengers and what not... it really wouldn't shock me if Fox wants to sync up everything the best way they can

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #92
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
my only argument with this idea.. is since Jean and Xavier died in the same film... why is Xavier losing the name off of his school and building? unless.. the mansion get's destroyed post X3... and we find out about that in X-men Day's of Future Past?????????
Was just thinking that. It would be a ***** slap to Xavier to ditch his name for Jeans so soon after they both died. UNless they have Xavier still alive post credit X3 style and he gives the rename the ok. Destroyed school is a possibility...and this is a stretch but maybe future with two schools?

Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #93
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
welll there's 2 scenerio imo where this seems logical

1) X3 is retconned out of existence

2) sometime between X3 and the "future" of Days of future past, the mansion is destroyed and rebuilt in jeans name. I've been speculating which events are most likely that the "past" needs to change in order to get a better "future" in the comics it was Sen Kelly's assassination that started the whole apocalyptic universe of dofp.... which could very well still be the premise of this new film, but.... it could also be the events of jean grey. which... has also been hinted at in more recent comics by Bishop as being a cause... so.. really it's a toss up.

i suspect that X-men: Days of Future Past, will either be about preventing magneto from turning Sen Kelly into a mutant (and his death) in X1, or stopping Jean Grey from going all "phoenix" in X2/X3

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #94
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Was just thinking that. It would be a ***** slap to Xavier to ditch his name for Jeans so soon after they both died. UNless they have Xavier still is alive post credit X3 style and he gives the rename the ok. Destroyed is a possibility...and this is a stretch but maybe future with two schools?
that is true too.. if it's Cannon to X3... xavier is technically still alive sorta...

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #95
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
wow you mean In Aronofsky's The Wolverine
Yuriko was killed.

God I wish that would have leaked especilly since
Mariko Is probally going to be killed before the end

The connection to other films probally means my dream ending for film
Viper posions Mariko while wolverine has final dual with silver samuri.
Wolverine relcuently uses claws on Mariko to put her out of misery at her request.Wolverine Is at her grave and rejects finally Yuriko and walks away alone
won't happen

The only details I read about the script was the character breakdowns from 2010 leaked after Aronofsky came on board.
... wait.. so both Mariko and Yuriko are in this film????? so we're getting Lady Deathstrike post stryker?

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #96
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
... wait.. so both Mariko and Yuriko are in this film????? so we're getting Lady Deathstrike post stryker?
Mariko and Yukio are in this film, because they're both in the storyline this film is based heavily upon.

No Yuriko...

Old 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #97
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

ahh. that makes a little more sense. though... eh.. i really wouldn't complain to much if they went the animated series route with deathstrike... it's been speculation for years now that wolverine sorta looked at DS when dying as if he remembered her. and truth be told this film would set up a great connection for that... but i also understand that connection bothered alot of people

but.. that being said... there's quite alot of females in this film surprisingly. Mariko, Yukio, and Viper. which is very nice

that also being said. Wolverine also knows far too many females with similar sounding names.. haha

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #98
JP
Flame On

Agreed. And I'm glad that so far there doesn't seem to be any random additions. Everyone in the film is who appeared in this storyline.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #99
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Agreed. And I'm glad that so far there doesn't seem to be any random additions. Everyone in the film is who appeared in this storyline.
im fine if they're additions that make sense (at least ones that make sense to me) like.. i really wouldnt be pissed if we get sunfire or a Lady Deathstrike connection.. or an easter egg of Ravanche. However... i would be pissed if Thunderbird, Storm, Gambit, or Xavier randomly showed up.. that being said.. Psylocke would piss me off too... if they want any psylocke reference id prefer it just be Ravanche, and nothing more than a ninja female being named that.

[=]
Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 PM   #100
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

oh.. and TO HELL if they even try to put Jubilee and Armor in this...

im worried enough they will push Dagen cameos

[=]
Closed Thread