The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #951
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

This would be a good time to change your avatar BigThor. Time to move on from phase 1.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #952
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
These have me far more excited then anything I saw before the Avengers.
Then you must be a serious Thor fan first and foremost. For me seeing the big three in the same frame for the first time trumps anything in the MCU.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #953
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Then you must be a serious Thor fan first and foremost. For me seeing the big three in the same frame for the first time trumps anything in the MCU.
Thor is my favorite of the group and I love that this film looks fantastical. With Avengers, Cap's suit really put me off and I just didn't like the overall look of the film before the last batch of trailers/tv spots. The early set pictures just didn't do it for me.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #954
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
These have me far more excited then anything I saw before the Avengers.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #955
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Also, that looks like his actual hair, people, albeit with extensions. Yay.
I believe it is. He's been growing his hair since before the last film he did. In the last paparazzi pics I saw of him (from about a month ago), hos hair was pretty long so I think that's his actual hair this time. At the most, he has a small bit of extensions but no where near as much as they used for Thor and Avengers, in which, it was basically a wig. His hair wasn't long at all for thor and only medium for Avengers.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #956
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I believe it is. He's been growing his hair since before the last film he did. In the last paparazzi pics I saw of him (from about a month ago), hos hair was pretty long so I think that's his actual hair this time. At the most, he has a small bit of extensions but no where near as much as they used for Thor and Avengers, in which, it was basically a wig. His hair wasn't long at all for thor and only medium for Avengers.
Could explain why it looks a bit more natural.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #957
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Here's a pic of him about a month ago

As you can see, he had actually been growing it out for this one and it was pretty long. So, I don't doubt that that is mostly his hair, or at least 75 percent, his hair.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #958
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Actually it should probably be even. Cap is to humans what Thor is to mystical beings.
Quote:
My thinking is kind of along these lines. These aren't humans Thor's fighting but they should go flying regardless.
But these guys are human sized, I don't care what kind of beings they are physics still applies.

If Thor is able to send giants flying, he should definately be able to send these guys alot further.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 09-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #959
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Saw the new pics. I'm excited for the fact that Thor's back to fighting mythological stuff in a Viking-ish setting. Should be fun.

The main change to his costume--the cape attaching directly to his top two discs--looks a little awkward to me. In the pics where you see him turning or from certain angles, the cape looks like it's crinkling in weird ways to accommodate the obviously unnatural way it flows over his shoulders. It seems like that looked more natural when it was attached higher up the shoulders to the black part of the torso armor.

But that's a nitpick. Overall the costume looks great. I like the longer loincloth piece for more of that barbarian warrior look, and it looks like they've brought the boots up to knee height in a pretty cool-looking way, finally bridging that last gap between his movie costumes and the majority of his comic ones.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #960
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Fabulous! So excited to see all these shots. Love the smidge of mail on his trousers. Thor's hair looks spot on.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #961
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Reiterating what I said earlier, change your avatar now BigThor! Do it!

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #962
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Well in light of this news I have made my return...I just want to express ....how much I freaking love Thor's new Suit, holy cow! Bring on Phase 2! Oh and HI EVERYBODY!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #963
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Thor's new outfit looks boss.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #964
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

The new costume looks great. Little details here and there, but very important details.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #965
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
But these guys are human sized, I don't care what kind of beings they are physics still applies.

If Thor is able to send giants flying, he should definately be able to send these guys alot further.
The giants weren't that big and we honestly don't know what these guys are made of. Also if we are talking physics, pretty sure these guys wouldn't go flying if hit with such force. An uppercut from Thor's hammer would simply rip your head off.

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #966
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, superhero comics (and, by extension, their movies) are all about giving physics the finger. Not a big deal.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #967
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Yeah, superhero comics (and, by extension, their movies) are all about giving physics the finger. Not a big deal.
I agree for the most part. Though once you start applying science in the movies themselves, you start opening up a can of worms you probably shouldn't have.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #968
Nathan

The guys need to fly off screen, like the Chitauri in Avengers, whenever they got hit by Thor. I just want Sif and the Warriors Three to be able to do the same this time.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #969
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

What if the guys are super-dense trolls or something who weigh three times an Earth being of their size? That was the explanation behind the higher strength and durability of a lot of the mythological beings in the comics.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #970
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
What if the guys are super-dense trolls or something who weigh three times an Earth being of their size? That was the explanation behind the higher strength and durability of a lot of the mythological beings in the comics.
Exactly. We don't know who or what they are exactly yet. For all we know they are packing the same kind of armor as the Asgardians and have roughly the same kind of biology.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #971
Nathan

You can still have people flung around left and right, even if they are in the same power category.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #972
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Looking at the hammer in some shots, it looks like they more or less kept the Avengers version, with possible a new pommel again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
You can still have people flung around left and right, even if they are in the same power category.
You can, but it also doesn't mean every last strike from Thor's hammer is going to end up a home run. After what he did to Hulk however, you would expect more then a few flying bodies.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #973
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Thor 2 TheDarkWorld @Thor2themovie
Stayed tuned this week everyone for pictures of @twhiddleston on set of Thor 2 back to play #Loki
Why do I have a sinking feeling that the internet might break?

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #974
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
My thinking is kind of along these lines. These aren't humans Thor's fighting but they should go flying regardless.
Something to consider, but the frost giants ( or at least the ones who managed to hit Thor ) seemed to have about as much impact on him as Iron Man did. Its an indirect conclusion, certainly, but it does put a new light on the battle on Jotunheim, among other things in the Thor movie.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #975
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Why do I have a sinking feeling that the internet might break?

I can't wait to see how Loki looks.

Closed Thread