The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #51
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

Exactly. Not to mention the time allotted for post, I'm certain no stone will be left unturned.

WoodyROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
echostation
Banned User

I'm starting to distrust my source more and more. He isn't even high level anyways and has been frequently wrong (making a big deal of Roland Emmerich being considered on the remake back in 2009 when his name has been thrown around by a only a few execs overall, using the Incredible Hulk remake to see how a remake would fair as the main strategy, again only suggested by some lousy WB execs). He pretty much hears about random ideas and scraps but too often to me makes a big deal out of it but take this latest one for what its worth which might sound big but really I doubt much of it is true at all:

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #53
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Mmm, if true, add in Faora's costume and this extreme beatdown. I say BDSM Superman fans will be very happy.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #54
tomoe
Side-Kick

Not sure if I like the idea of Superman getting his @$$ kicked so severely by a girl....

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #55
flickchick85
Loose Seal

As long as it's a "girl" with the same superpowers as him and superior fight training, I don't see the problem.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #56
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
I am the biggest "man of steel will be the best movie ever" advocate, but I have to agree with Rust, that shot just doesn't look good. I'm sure it'll be fine in the film, but it isnt now. No need for hostility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm with Rust as well. It's quick, but it didn't look good to me either. Of course it'll look better for the movie, though. It's Zack ****ing Snyder!

Right. I'm sure the final product will look different. More finished. Probably just a polished test-shot of some sorts.

And yes, hostility is futile. Just dont step on my toes (needlessly).

Old 09-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #57
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well I hope that's not true, I don't mind Superman getting an ass kicking but if he can barely put up a fight then I'll be disapointed I don't wanna watch Superman gets his ass kicked for two hours.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #58
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mmm, if true, add in Faora's costume and this extreme beatdown. I say BDSM Superman fans will be very happy.
Hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well I hope that's not true, I don't mind Superman getting an ass kicking but if he can barely put up a fight then I'll be disapointed I don't wanna watch Superman gets his ass kicked for two hours.
It's just one fight scene, not the whole movie

I think this sounds pretty logical actually. In alot of films there is usually the first fight which doesn't go so well for the hero... they then recover, come up with a plan of how to defeat them, and go back for a second round with goes a lot better.

As for the army being able to hurt him... well I think that impression was coming across pretty strongly anyway. I mean, the army do seem to be playing a major role in this film, and it'd be pretty pointless having them attacking him all through the film and him just standing there.

Personally, I don't mind what Supes power level is. It doesn't bother me much either way, because his story has always been beyond his powers to me. The reason he's the best isn't because he's the strongest.

I'm assuming kryptonite has nothing to do with this beating either, as Faora is krytonian too, so that should make a few people happy who were frustrated with it being the only way to show him in any real sort of danger. At least people at the same power level can actually harm each other!

But will it really be bloody? I mean, how bloody can it be? Kids are gonna wanna see this after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Not sure if I like the idea of Superman getting his @$$ kicked so severely by a girl....
Maybe his mistake is holding back BECAUSE it's a girl.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Oh well if its one fight scene fair enough but tbh I don't think its true. If Zod is the big baddie then he will need showcasing as the most powerful obstacle in Superman's path not his right hand woman.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #60
GreenKToo
In the fire

I wouldn't mind if the military's bigger weapons could stagger/sting supes, ie, tanks, missiles, etc, but not smaller weapons.
Also, I get the feeling that this superman *may* be a bit weaker than what we are used to.

I wouldnt mind seeing his strength limit be around lifting the weight of an aircraft carrier. I just hope they don't weaken him down so much that he is no longer superman, all just to make him more relatable.
I want to see SUPERman, not relatableman.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 09-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #61
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Oh well if its one fight scene fair enough but tbh I don't think its true. If Zod is the big baddie then he will need showcasing as the most powerful obstacle in Superman's path not his right hand woman.
Well Zod is the big baddie in the sense that he is in charge, he's the leader.

I don't mind if Faora catches Superman off guard before he really knows the extent of her power and gives him a good wooping.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #62
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well with Faora being such as a ass kicker...it's no wonder why the guy with a Kneeling Fetish married her...lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #63
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
I'm starting to distrust my source more and more. He isn't even high level anyways and has been frequently wrong (making a big deal of Roland Emmerich being considered on the remake back in 2009 when his name has been thrown around by a only a few execs overall, using the Incredible Hulk remake to see how a remake would fair as the main strategy, again only suggested by some lousy WB execs). He pretty much hears about random ideas and scraps but too often to me makes a big deal out of it but take this latest one for what its worth which might sound big but really I doubt much of it is true at all:

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...
What other things has your source told you about MoS?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #64
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Even with nothing concrete to go on, I can see this 'Superman gets pulverised in combat' talk happening and being a way of showing the audience he's not always invincible, and would go a way in humanising him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
As long as it's a "girl" with the same superpowers as him and superior fight training, I don't see the problem.
Neither do I. Go get him, girl!

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #65
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Hell yeah!
I guess you can call it 50 Shades of Truth, Justice and the American Way.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #66
The Guard
Side-Kick

Actually, Superman barely scraping by sounds about right. This is a rookie superhero, and he's facing hardened Kryptonian warriors. The comics have featured this type of thing. JJ Abrams nailed that element in his SUPERMAN script, and it looks to have carried over here.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #67
Krumm
Beer Snob

I can't help but read this and think, "Well, of course that would happen."

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #68
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Smile Re: Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Right. I'm sure the final product will look different. More finished. Probably just a polished test-shot of some sorts.

And yes, hostility is futile. Just dont step on my toes (needlessly).
I hear ya, my hostility comment was actually directed towards coca cola.

WoodyROM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #69
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Well Zod is the big baddie in the sense that he is in charge, he's the leader.

I don't mind if Faora catches Superman off guard before he really knows the extent of her power and gives him a good wooping.
That would work for me

Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #70
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Actually, Superman barely scraping by sounds about right. This is a rookie superhero, and he's facing hardened Kryptonian warriors. The comics have featured this type of thing. JJ Abrams nailed that element in his SUPERMAN script, and it looks to have carried over here.
This. Faora/Zod have trained fighting skills so it makes sence they would put a whooping on Superman at first. Faora is trained in some krypton martial arts so shes supposedly a pretty badass fighter.
Far as the military knocking Superman around a little bit, I don't have a real problem with this, I understand them trying to keep Superman a more realistic type of movie(long as they don't severely under power him.).

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #71
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I just hope that Faora doesn't give Superman a worse beating than Zod.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #72
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

She should dammit! Feministas Unite!!!!!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I have no problem with a woman giving Superman a beating. It's just that Zod is the main bad guy of the movie, I'd rather see him do that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #74
the last son
Side-Kick

I just watched that trailer and all I can say is wow. I really hope they keep Journey To The Center in some way shape or form as the Superman theme. It really fit well. I have been as critical as anyone of Cavill as being cast as Superman but after that trailer I can rest easy. This movie looks fantastic. FANTASTIC! I'm sorry Henry for bashing you for months now. I'm sorry Nolan for thinking just because you ruined Batman you would do the same for Superman. That trailer gets a 9/10. Nothing gets a 10/10 because nothing is perfect. But the cast looked brilliant. See Crowe who I hate but love as Jor-El was brilliant. I can't wait. I said I wouldn't watch any trailers but I had to check it out. I also liked how they didn't show too much. Hopefully they keep it that way. Great trailer. Looked like it can overtake Batman Begins as the better movie.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #75
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I just watched that trailer and all I can say is wow. I really hope they keep Journey To The Center in some way shape or form as the Superman theme. It really fit well. I have been as critical as anyone of Cavill as being cast as Superman but after that trailer I can rest easy. This movie looks fantastic. FANTASTIC! I'm sorry Henry for bashing you for months now. I'm sorry Nolan for thinking just because you ruined Batman you would do the same for Superman. That trailer gets a 9/10. Nothing gets a 10/10 because nothing is perfect. But the cast looked brilliant. See Crowe who I hate but love as Jor-El was brilliant. I can't wait. I said I wouldn't watch any trailers but I had to check it out. I also liked how they didn't show too much. Hopefully they keep it that way. Great trailer. Looked like it can overtake Batman Begins as the better movie.
Last Son, you may loath Nolan's take on Batman but don't state fictitious statements. Nolan is the reason why Batman is the only title/character to have back-to-back billion dollar installments, and the reason why Batman is a 'hot' superhero property again.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote