The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #51
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

BUT WHERE IS THOR'S HELMET?!?! How the hell can he fight without his bloody helmet????

Movie. Ruined.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #52
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Those set pics are the bee's knees. I can't believe how excited I am for Thor 2.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #53
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post

Loki has no right sitting on Aegon's throne!
Burn him! Burn the lot of them!

Cool pic though

Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #54
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Thor's new costume looks fantastic. Love the subtle tweaks to the chest piece, it looks more and more like a tangible piece of armour.

Also, regarding the Loki chat, he HAS to feature in this movie, primarily because I feel like we haven't seen Loki in his classic state yet, that is, in Asgard when he ISN'T the villain, but causes trouble and problems anyway, just because. Imagine if we see him every now and then, showing up, but he seems to do nothing villainous, right until the end. No reveal, no tease for Thor 3, nothing. Then, in Thor 3, you have a straw man for a villain, and have Loki behind the whole thing, have him orchestrated some gnarly, epic plot and have him actually pull it off. Have him do something huge like kill Odin, bring about Ragnarok, something like that. Something huge. It would be a GREAT character journey and would give Thor the chance to finally see Loki as the villain he truly is, which he still hasn't really done. He's recognised Loki is capable of great evil but you can see he still loves his brother.

Those are just my thoughts anyway. I always loved when Loki showed up in Thor and just had dialogue or something but you KNEW there was something behind it, something you wouldn't find out until like 10 issues later.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #55
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm wondering if it'll serve the film better if it started right after the events of "The Avengers" or if it should start awhile later (like a few weeks to months after the events of TA)

Old 09-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #56
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well Fiege is on record as saying Thor 2 picks up right where Avengers leaves off.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #57
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Well Fiege is on record as saying Thor 2 picks up right where Avengers leaves off.
In that case, it's too bad that Thor couldn't summon his Thor 2 Get-up for the final NYC battle than the costume that we got. haha

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #58
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well, as a Prince of Asgard, I'm sure he has a rather full wardrobe to begin with. He probably changes outfits, after a steamy Asgardian shower scene (so they can fit in the obligatory Hemsworth abs shot)

Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #59
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

Set pictures look bloody fantastic. I didn't notice the changes to Thor's outfit at first, but I definitely see them now, the best costume out of all 3 movies, IMO. Any speculation as to who Thor and the other Asgardian's are fighting?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #60
He-Man
Side-Kick

http://marvel.wikia.com/Dark_Elves

Looks pretty close to the comics

Old 09-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #61
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
Well, as a Prince of Asgard, I'm sure he has a rather full wardrobe to begin with. He probably changes outfits, after a steamy Asgardian shower scene (so they can fit in the obligatory Hemsworth abs shot)
lol!

Regarding when exactly the movie starts, I think it's quite likely that they do a little bit taking place right at the end of TA (Loki's punishment after all should be swift), and then jump to "one year later". . . .

Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #62
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I wonder if the film is being shot in sequence? I wouldn't mind if we were thrust in to this battle at the outset then get back to cover Loki's punishment.

Anyways, looking forward to today's batch of pics. If Hopkins was seen practicing with his ravens would that mean he's expected to be seen here too? Fingers crossed.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #63
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
*sits above the avi politics*

I wonder where the humans are.
Not on set, I don't believe. Someone here said Kat Dennings was filming her TV show as of last week, the von Trier film that Stellan Skarsgaard is in filming right now, and the Terrence Malick film that Natalie Portman is in is filming right now too. (And apparently Portman was spotted at LAX yestserday).

But presumably they have figured everyone's schedules out.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #64
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Just realized that Thor's still not wearing the helmet.

Doesn't degrade the look for me at all, though.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #65
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I wonder if the film is being shot in sequence? I wouldn't mind if we were thrust in to this battle at the outset then get back to cover Loki's punishment.

Anyways, looking forward to today's batch of pics. If Hopkins was seen practicing with his ravens would that mean he's expected to be seen here too? Fingers crossed.
IMO a better way to handle it would be to show Loki's punishment doled out before the opening title. After "Thor: The Dark World" flashes on screen, I could see this battle taking place to remind the audience how formidable Thor and Co. are

Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #66
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Thor 2 Set Video

BAD. ASS. Love how all of those guys topple down after Thor slams down his hammer. I'm thinking multiple lightning strikes.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 09-12-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #67
Marvin
Side-Kick

maybe it will even surpass this sort of thing
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Taylor has a better shot than Branagh ever did.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #68
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Awesome video. Love the bit where everyone gets taken down

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #69
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

MELEE!!

I'm absolutely loving it! I was hoping for a more rough, GoT/LOTR look with the other realms. But now I'm curious as to how Taylor's vision will translate into Asgard's palaces. I wouldn't mind seeing them as they were in the first film, but less CGI-y, more lived-in.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #70
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Asgards look needs to stay the same, it was spot on Jack Kirby. I agree the cg definitely needs to be improved upon though.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #71
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Not on set, I don't believe. Someone here said Kat Dennings was filming her TV show as of last week, the von Trier film that Stellan Skarsgaard is in filming right now, and the Terrence Malick film that Natalie Portman is in is filming right now too. (And apparently Portman was spotted at LAX yestserday).

But presumably they have figured everyone's schedules out.
Kat is pretty open about her schedule on twitter. She mentioned England trip #1 (and that she's an anglophile!) so I assume she will be there on and off over the coming months. But I would expect Natalie to have scenes outside of them.

I wonder where they are in the story when Thor and his pals are fighting marauders.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #72
Superhero 101
DESI

Anyone think that this might be the opening of the film and when the lights flash and thor Gets up that's like his Intro.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #73
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Thor 2 Set Video

BAD. ASS. Love how all of those guys topple down after Thor slams down his hammer. I'm thinking multiple lightning strikes.

No one better ruin this for me!!! In my mind thats The Executioner!!! Yay!! Probably leaving Amora for the sequel!!

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #74
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

No that's Master Blaster sans helmet. He's searching for his helmet in the bush.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #75
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Loving the viking feel they're giving to the movie.

Closed Thread