The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #76
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
I want this helmet.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #77
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I want this helmet.
Yeah, dude looks just like Frazetta's Death Dealer. Just give him the right shield and the glowing red eyes and we're set.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #78
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Not on set, I don't believe. Someone here said Kat Dennings was filming her TV show as of last week, the von Trier film that Stellan Skarsgaard is in filming right now, and the Terrence Malick film that Natalie Portman is in is filming right now too. (And apparently Portman was spotted at LAX yestserday).

But presumably they have figured everyone's schedules out.
Skarsgaard won't take too long to shoot the von Trier movie, indie films usually wrap in 1-2 months. And like someone else said, Kat Dennings has already popped over to the UK to shoot some scenes and went back to L.A. (and she'll be headed back over after doing more '2 Broke Girls').

"Come Think With Us."
Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #79
Chewy
REDACTED

I think Dennings' first trip to the UK was just for rehearsals, I believe cameras didn't start rolling until after she left

Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #80
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Bet ya SOMEONE is going to try to cause problems with that one Helmet. Looks alot like Frazetta's Death Dealer.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #81
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Oh I love this sets, I wish I could be there, behind the camers, just sitting there drinking Coke, without bothering anyone and watching the director and everyone filming the scenes.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #82
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Derp, where's my blasted helmet, derp, i need it to get back into the thunderdome, derp

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #83
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Thor 2 Set Video

BAD. ASS. Love how all of those guys topple down after Thor slams down his hammer. I'm thinking multiple lightning strikes.

Welcome to Skyrim.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #84
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Ehh, kinda.
There's still a lot more Kirby influence in their than you'd obviously see in Skyrim

and can someone pleeease do a manip of the pic of Thor were he looks like he's moshing?!
He and Moshing Girl need to be put together.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #85
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

We need a comparison betwen Avengers mosh and Thor 2 mosh. Seems to be his go to move.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #86
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Can't watch the video. Is there a youtube version of it?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #87
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuffTheRooster View Post
Looking at all these wicked helmets and armours on all these lackeys really tell me that they are going to blow us away with Kurse. He'll make Sauron look like a pussy I hope
Holy ****! Seriously, I CANNOT WAIT to see Kurse now. Even just concept art. He is going to look awesome now.

Okay. I don't know about you guys. But this picture completely blows me away. To me, this picture IS THOR. Idk what it is about it, but there is something about the pose, the armor, and the way Chris is built, that if I were to look at comic book thor, and translate him into an onscreen version, yeah, what we get in the movies may be a little bit off. But this picture, THIS is what comes to mind when I think of Thor. Just minus the helmet. This picture is the best representation of Thor on screen we have seen so far, in my opinion.

I know I am probably geeking out, but I am blown away

Old 09-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #88
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Can't watch the video. Is there a youtube version of it?
Here, found this one...hope it works:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #89
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Thor 2 Set Video

BAD. ASS. Love how all of those guys topple down after Thor slams down his hammer. I'm thinking multiple lightning strikes.
Yeah that was awesome, but I hope Thor starts to summon lightning alot more casually at some point in this film.

I like how sometimes in the comics all Thor has to do is waves his hand and lightning strikes his targets.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-12-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #90
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

These are some of the best Set pics I've ever seen.....period, pure awesomeness! And so early on in the process too!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #91
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Those set pics are awesome. This looks like its shaping up to be something fantastic. Marvel is winning

ps4 psn: djKiddVicious
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #92
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
http://marvel.wikia.com/Dark_Elves

Looks pretty close to the comics
I remember when that first picture got posted a bunch after the first Avengers trailer that showed the Redacted.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:14 PM   #93
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

^ Ha those were great times

Old 09-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #94
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope this film actually takes advantage of the fact that Thor can..you know..fly?lol

I feel like Thor's ability to fly has been severely downplayed at times, especially in terms of the visuals in favor towards allowing Iron Man to stand out more with his flying sequences.

I mean, they have a guy that can fly and summon lightning and winds at ease, while being nearly indestructible himself, why not take advantage of that?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #95
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope this film actually takes advantage of the fact that Thor can..you know..fly?lol

I feel like Thor's ability to fly has been severely downplayed at times, especially in terms of the visuals in favor towards allowing Iron Man to stand out more with his flying sequences.

I mean, they have a guy that can fly and summon lightning and winds at ease, while being nearly indestructible himself, why not take advantage of that?
agreed

Old 09-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #96
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

I agree as well but the budget would take a big hit.

Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #97
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Holy ****! Seriously, I CANNOT WAIT to see Kurse now. Even just concept art. He is going to look awesome now.

Okay. I don't know about you guys. But this picture completely blows me away. To me, this picture IS THOR. Idk what it is about it, but there is something about the pose, the armor, and the way Chris is built, that if I were to look at comic book thor, and translate him into an onscreen version, yeah, what we get in the movies may be a little bit off. But this picture, THIS is what comes to mind when I think of Thor. Just minus the helmet. This picture is the best representation of Thor on screen we have seen so far, in my opinion.

I know I am probably geeking out, but I am blown away

Yup .... that picture is just magnificent. Hemsworth looks absolutely even more perfect as Thor in that moment. Extremely stoic and downright regal.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #98
TheSkyCracker
Side-Kick

Those costumes are really something else. Looks great! Loving the vibe those pictures are giving off.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #99
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

this movie is gunna be great. Most excited for this out of all the movies prior to avengers 2

Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #100
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Clearly, that's why I'm more excited for Thor 2 than I was for TA because Thor won't have to be downplayed in favor of another hero.

I definately want to see alot more empasis put on Thor's flying and weather control abilties in this film/

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Closed Thread