The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 09-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #76
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I just watched that trailer and all I can say is wow. I really hope they keep Journey To The Center in some way shape or form as the Superman theme. It really fit well. I have been as critical as anyone of Cavill as being cast as Superman but after that trailer I can rest easy. This movie looks fantastic. FANTASTIC! I'm sorry Henry for bashing you for months now. I'm sorry Nolan for thinking just because you ruined Batman you would do the same for Superman. That trailer gets a 9/10. Nothing gets a 10/10 because nothing is perfect. But the cast looked brilliant. See Crowe who I hate but love as Jor-El was brilliant. I can't wait. I said I wouldn't watch any trailers but I had to check it out. I also liked how they didn't show too much. Hopefully they keep it that way. Great trailer. Looked like it can overtake Batman Begins as the better movie.
Did u watch the Comic Con trailer?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #77
the last son
Side-Kick

Yes, I that's the one I'm talking about. When I saw the teaser I still had really big reservations about the project in general. But after watching the comic con trailer I was blown away.

the last son is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #78
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Last Son, you may loath Nolan's take on Batman but don't state fictitious statements. Nolan is the reason why Batman is the only title/character to have back-to-back billion dollar installments, and the reason why Batman is a 'hot' superhero property again.
This. I'm not a huge Batman fan, but I do like the character and Nolan put a fresh look on the Batman franchise. While I thought the 3rd installment was so-so, it was still leaps and bounds about a lot of other comic movies. Now back on Superman..........

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #79
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Yes, I that's the one I'm talking about. When I saw the teaser I still had really big reservations about the project in general. But after watching the comic con trailer I was blown away.
Yeah the Comic Con trailer is amazing, I must've watched it about a billion times lol. I loved the teasers too though but the CC trailer is on another level.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
Superman141
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
I'm starting to distrust my source more and more. He isn't even high level anyways and has been frequently wrong (making a big deal of Roland Emmerich being considered on the remake back in 2009 when his name has been thrown around by a only a few execs overall, using the Incredible Hulk remake to see how a remake would fair as the main strategy, again only suggested by some lousy WB execs). He pretty much hears about random ideas and scraps but too often to me makes a big deal out of it but take this latest one for what its worth which might sound big but really I doubt much of it is true at all:

In line with what I've heard that Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand...

Well I can pretty much guarantee this is a load of crap... Zach said at comic con he wanted to take superman off his big blue boyscout throne, and make him to were he can "beat the **** outta people"... Not get the **** beat out of him bye a woman!
He wants to make Superman a badass, not a lil ***** that gets his ass beat by a girl!

Superman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #81
protocida
Side-Kick

^ Those are not mutually exclusive, you know.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #82
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman141 View Post
... Not get the **** beat out of him by[e] a woman!
The “fake science of Superman” is tricky to define. But lore has it that super powers are endowed via the combination of Kryptonian physiology and a yellow star’s radiation. In other words, physical size and/or muscle mass are all but irrelevant. Ergo, a female Kryptonian would be - to all intents and purposes - exactly as strong as a male.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #83
Superman141
Side-Kick

He may find himself in one heck of a fight... but gettin his Rear kicked, I think not! I also doubt the Army can hurt him.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #84
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

They don't call it the 'Almighty Uterus' for nothing.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #85
protocida
Side-Kick

We know he can take a missile in the chest and only get dishoriented. Anything above that that the Army uses might be effective.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #86
Superman141
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
We know he can take a missile in the chest and only get dishoriented. Anything above that that the Army uses might be effective.

How is it we know that? Because some toolbag got on the internet and said that he got to see a sizzle reel?

I'm not buying it!

Old 09-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #87
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
The “fake science of Superman” is tricky to define. But lore has it that super powers are endowed via the combination of Kryptonian physiology and a yellow star’s radiation. In other words, physical size and/or muscle mass are all but irrelevant. Ergo, a female Kryptonian would be - to all intents and purposes - exactly as strong as a male.
I'm a little confused. If it's physiology AND yellow sun radiation, I would think that means they would NOT be exactly the same. This is under the assumption that Kryptonians are similar to humans in that females physically weaker in comparison to men.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #88
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman141 View Post
How is it we know that? Because some toolbag got on the internet and said that he got to see a sizzle reel?

I'm not buying it!
The "toolbag" is a recognized professional from the SFX market.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #89
Superman141
Side-Kick

Give me some proof!

Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #90
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I'm a little confused. If it's physiology AND yellow sun radiation, I would think that means they would NOT be exactly the same. This is under the assumption that Kryptonians are similar to humans in that females physically weaker in comparison to men.
the only way females would be equal in strength to men is if they were already naturally equal to males on krypton sans yellow sun. if they weren't, then they won't be on earth. to me, it's linked proportionally. if you're a beasty woman on krypton who can beat up some of the scrawnier guys on krypton, you could do the same on earth. the collateral damage is just infinitely more severe.

dabilee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #91
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
the only way females would be equal in strength to men is if they were already naturally equal to males on krypton sans yellow sun. if they weren't, then they won't be on earth. to me, it's linked proportionally. if you're a beasty woman on krypton who can beat up some of the scrawnier guys on krypton, you could do the same on earth. the collateral damage is just infinitely more severe.
Exactly what I was thinking. Dr.'s comment was a little confusing as to what he meant.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #92
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Sorry, I meant cellular physiology - something mysterious and sci-fi-y going on at the microscopic level (storing enormous amounts of energy, or some such).

Basically, if Supes can bench press an asteroid, the force imparted by the physical size of his deltoids is all but irrelevant. It’s the “yellow Sun business” that’s doing all the work. So that same asteroid would be no problem for Supergirl either.

In a fight between a Kryptonian male and female (where each is capable of punching the other across the Grand Canyon), I think it would take a very specific circumstance where intrinsic/normal strength would factor into the match as a significant “advantage.”

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #93
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Sorry, I meant cellular physiology - something mysterious and sci-fi-y going on at the microscopic level (storing enormous amounts of energy, or some such).

Basically, if Supes can bench press an asteroid, the force imparted by the physical size of his deltoids is all but irrelevant. It’s the “yellow Sun business” that’s doing all the work. So that same asteroid would be no problem for Supergirl either.

In a fight between a Kryptonian male and female (where each is capable of punching the other across the Grand Canyon), I think it would take a very specific circumstance where intrinsic/normal strength would factor into the match as a significant “advantage.”
Gotcha. Anyone ever tell you that you're excellent at explaining things?

Old 09-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #94
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
They don't call it the 'Almighty Uterus' for nothing.
Lmfao

Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #95
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
What if female Kryptonians can absorb yellow sunlight better than males? Or they could have better muscle acceleration. Muscle mass doesn't directly translate to power.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYdBeRrIKZg

Besides, you're only referring to physical power. Maybe female Kryptonians have stronger heat vision or faster flight. You can't really apply human anatomy to aliens. :P

Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #96
echostation
Banned User

All I really heard is that she beats the bloody **** out of him pretty badly and he screams in major agony for most of it. Much of it has to do apparently with her being an expert in some Kryptonian martial art (Hooro Kunu?? or something like that) and she pretty much renders Superman's limbs useless by hitting nerves and pressure points and joints. I'm presuming after disabling him the beat down begins, but she physically bests him in pretty much every way possible in one on one combat.

echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #97
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Lol I don't know how I feel about superman hitting a woman, regardless of how powerful she is. Which leads me to think if its true, that maybe he doesn't want to strike faora

Old 09-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #98
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
All I really heard is that she beats the bloody **** out of him pretty badly and he screams in major agony for most of it. Much of it has to do apparently with her being an expert in some Kryptonian martial art (Hooro Kunu?? or something like that) and she pretty much renders Superman's limbs useless by hitting nerves and pressure points and joints. I'm presuming after disabling him the beat down begins, but she physically bests him in pretty much every way possible in one on one combat.
Well that would match the comics I have the issues somewhere where she keeps beating Superman up with some martial arts.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #99
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know, I honestly wonder...

Ever since seeing the Comic Con Panel for MOS...I've been wondering if Nolan may have a lot more leverage when it comes to this film since:

1. The trailer that we got at CC would have definitely been the first one released under a normal Snyder Production given his track records with his trailers. Heck, didn't someone also hear and say that Snyder had somewhat jokingly told the audience not to tell Nolan that he had brought them so much good footage for the comic con panel?

2. Despite the fact that everyone's known about Zod being the villain of the film, along with MS and others confirming it several times in the media, Snyder for some strange reason was reluctant to even say who the villain was, let alone that MS was Zod, and given on how Nolan is known for being one of the most secretive directors when it comes to anything that he's involved with, I wonder if that's further evidence.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #100
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think the Zod thing was maybe just because he isn't the only villain in the film and/or that he hasn't actually been confirmed as the villain and they have some bigger reveal planned (stupid I know considering Shannon himself has confirmed it).

On the CC trailer I think its probably more WBs and wanting to emulate the way they've marketed the Batman films.