The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #101
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,732
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Clearly, that's why I'm more excited for Thor 2 than I was for TA because Thor won't have to be downplayed in favor of another hero.

I definately want to see alot more empasis put on Thor's flying and weather control abilties in this film/
Thor's flying wasn't downplayed because Iron Man is favored, it was downplayed because flying has become an iconic staple of Iron Man, it's his thing, just like strength is Hulk's thing and leadership is Cap's thing. Thor already has all 3 of those things, so the reason those things are downplayed in favor of the other characters is so they can stand out more, or else why even have other characters if Thor can already do everything they can as good as they can?

For Thor, something I'd rather see more of, and the thing I want him to become known for, is his "magic." That's one thing Thor has that no other Avenger does. I want to see Thor use his magic hammer in different ways, I want to see him use his magic lightning in different ways, I want to see him use his other magical abilities. But flying? I'm fine with how much it's used, as long as they show he can do it.

EDIT:
Captain America = Soldier with shield who leads people into battles
Hulk = Big green rage monster who's extremely strong
Iron Man = Guy in mechanical suit who flies around and shoots beams and missiles
Thor = Norse god who uses a hammer, lighting and magic.

This is the way it should be IMO to keep everything balanced. Thor should definitely fly, and even use strength and leadership, but I don't care to much to see Thor zooming around the sky half the time like Iron Man.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 09-12-2012 at 09:07 PM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #102
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,605
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

guys something i noticed in the set video is that, the first few second shows a storm/tornado and when the screen clears u can see hemsworth rise up..
does anyone catch this? i thiink it is his arrival into the battle, knockin out the entire enemy force!

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #103
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!
 
misjuevos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 4,157
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

the reason they don't play up the flying is because thor doesn't fly. he throws mjolnir really hard and holds onto it.

__________________
"fear should not exist in your mind, if you fear you will never accomplish anything"
misjuevos is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #104
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,219
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
the reason they don't play up the flying is because thor doesn't fly. he throws mjolnir really hard and holds onto it.
He was able to stay in the sky in a upward position for quite awhile while battling the destroyer in his film, so I'd count that as evidence that he can fly, but he's been known to be capable of staying in the sky without throwing his hammer into any direction in the comics as well.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #105
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
He was able to stay in the sky in a upward position for quite awhile while battling the destroyer in his film, so I'd count that as evidence that he can fly, but he's been known to be capable of staying in the sky without throwing his hammer into any direction in the comics as well.
That could've been the tornado he created. It was strong enough to lift the Destroyer and keep it in the air.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #106
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 66,678
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4


__________________
Our Demons
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #107
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator
 
Hunter Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 137,467
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Oh that armored action goodness!

__________________
thinkmcflythink.com
Movie fans, hop in your Delorean and check it out!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #108
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,219
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

I wonder if we can expect to get our first official still of the film within a few weeks from now since I recall Iron Man 3 letting out one official still not that long after production began for them.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #109
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Whatevz, I guess people are gonna believe what they wanna believe.



You can put me in that category as well, because I am definately more excited about Thor 2 than I was for TA.
Then explain how Thor was smacking them in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
The Frost Giant height in Thor varied.

The soldier frost giants were only 2-5 heads taller than Thor (about the height of Hulk in The Avengers) while Laufey, as well as some others, were really huge. About 15-20 feet tall.
I am watching it right now, pausing the film to make sure. Where are some of you getting these height from?

Laufey is bigger, but not that much bigger. 10 feet, maybe 11. He isn't twice the height of Frigga, who isn't even six feet. For him to be 20 feet tall he would have to be more then three times the height of Frigga.

Even if they are reported to be that tall, the reports are clearly wrong.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #110
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,671
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Then explain how Thor was smacking them in the face.



I am watching it right now, pausing the film to make sure. Where are some of you getting these height from?

Laufey is bigger, but not that much bigger. 10 feet, maybe 11. He isn't twice the height of Frigga, who isn't even six feet. For him to be 20 feet tall he would have to be more then three times the height of Frigga.

Even if they are reported to be that tall, the reports are clearly wrong.
But look at the scene where Loki talks to Laufey. The length of Laufey's leg alone from foot to knee was half the height of Loki.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 09-12-2012 at 11:42 PM.
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #111
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
But look at the scene where Loki talks to Laufey. The length of Laufey's leg alone from foot to knee was half the height of Loki.
You mean when he is sitting down on his throne? Because that is the only shot of the two of them in frame together. The throne is elevated off the floor by steps and if anything that shot proves my point. Sitting as straight up as he is missing maybe a couple of feet of his height at most and even elevated on the elevated throne he is barely taller then Loki. Tom is listed as a little over six feet tall, so it isn't like we are looking at a being twice his height, much less three times it. How long do you think Laufey's thigh is?

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #112
DrDoom
Dictator
 
DrDoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Latveria
Posts: 5,362
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
He was able to stay in the sky in a upward position for quite awhile while battling the destroyer in his film, so I'd count that as evidence that he can fly, but he's been known to be capable of staying in the sky without throwing his hammer into any direction in the comics as well.
In those scenes you could see that Thor was spinning his hammer above his head to stay in the air.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
"The power of the Cube is MINE to control, you were a FOOL to come here. You have no one to blame but YOURSELF!"

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #113
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
In those scenes you could see that Thor was spinning his hammer above his head to stay in the air.
Well not when he is blocking the blast from the Destroyer.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #114
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,671
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Well not when he is blocking the blast from the Destroyer.
He blocks the blast, but immediately starts twirling it again.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #115
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
He blocks the blast, but immediately starts twirling it again.
That isn't actually what happens. Thor blocks the blast, brings the hammer back above his head and then strikes the next blast. The movement is fluid so he never starts spinning his hammer again. The next shot is of him falling/flying at the Destroyer.

Now I am in the group that believes he needs his hammer to fly in the films, but they don't always display it very well imo. Like the shot of him landing before he fights Loki.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 AM   #116
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,529
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

I never realized how badly the medieval/Viking feeling was missing from the previous Thor suits. As good as they were, this new outfit just feels....RIGHT. Love it. I'm very curious to see how the new art direction changes the rest of the movies designs.

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Check out my bands music at soundcloud.com/Audimire and like us on facebook!
Spider-Who? is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #117
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

I like the pics we see,but i relly hope they dont go the LOTR route with this moie.I hope to see the sci fi elements remained.

Zionite1 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 AM   #118
Orphix
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 111
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

@Zionite1

The first Thor film was so heavily influenced by Kirby's style that I am sure they are gonna keep those designs for Asgard itself. Otherwise it will look a bit jarring. But I am enjoying seeing Thor get a bit of dirt under his fingernails for a change.

As for Thor flying - he has always done it by twirling his hammer. I know in some comic panels and cartoons he is seen floating about but in his first appearance Thor pretty much makes it clear he throws it and he hangs on. Anyway it seems the MCU is going with this logic - and once you've made your own rules in a film ya gotta stick to them.

As for the scene with the destroyer - he twirls his hammer to get the whirlwind going and this keeps both him and the destroyer aloft. But apart from that he is essentially throwing himself about 'with style'.

Orphix is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #119
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,131
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Thor's flying wasn't downplayed because Iron Man is favored, it was downplayed because flying has become an iconic staple of Iron Man, it's his thing, just like strength is Hulk's thing and leadership is Cap's thing. Thor already has all 3 of those things, so the reason those things are downplayed in favor of the other characters is so they can stand out more, or else why even have other characters if Thor can already do everything they can as good as they can?

For Thor, something I'd rather see more of, and the thing I want him to become known for, is his "magic." That's one thing Thor has that no other Avenger does. I want to see Thor use his magic hammer in different ways, I want to see him use his magic lightning in different ways, I want to see him use his other magical abilities. But flying? I'm fine with how much it's used, as long as they show he can do it.

EDIT:
Captain America = Soldier with shield who leads people into battles
Hulk = Big green rage monster who's extremely strong
Iron Man = Guy in mechanical suit who flies around and shoots beams and missiles
Thor = Norse god who uses a hammer, lighting and magic.

This is the way it should be IMO to keep everything balanced. Thor should definitely fly, and even use strength and leadership, but I don't care to much to see Thor zooming around the sky half the time like Iron Man.
That's nice, like I said I'd like to see Thor's flying ability expanded upon regardless of the reason it's downplayed.

*shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Then explain how Thor was smacking them in the face.
I could but I'm not, after 11,000 posts the whole "internet debating" thing just gets a little old ya know.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #120
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's nice, like I said I'd like to see Thor's flying ability expanded upon regardless of the reason it's downplayed.

*shrugs*



I could but I'm not, after 11,000 posts the whole "internet debating" thing just gets a little old ya know.
You started this with something that could be found out by simply watching the film. You playing the "can't be bothered" card because you are clearly wrong.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 09-13-2012 at 04:57 AM.
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #121
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,395
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

I want Loki's mouth stitched shut in this one.

__________________
"The fox escaped and on my way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day."
Roose Bolton is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 AM   #122
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,834
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I want Loki's mouth stitched shut in this one.
Could try some Bettlejuice methods.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #123
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,395
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4


Someone get Michael Keaton to play Surtur ASAP!

__________________
"The fox escaped and on my way back to the Dreadfort my favorite courser came up lame, so all in all it was a dismal day."
Roose Bolton is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #124
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,843
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I want Loki's mouth stitched shut in this one.
I'd actually rather just see the Isle of Silence

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #125
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"
 
TheLongestDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Asgard
Posts: 2,015
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

I want Loki to play a Hannibal Lecter role in this movie - locked up but offering Thor some advice etc

__________________
"There will be many interpretations of Superman, but the original character created by two teenagers in the 30s will last forever." Christopher Reeve
TheLongestDay is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.