The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 08-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #301
Rincewind
grezdei

Default Re: Batman: Earth One

I got it and read it today. I really liked it. The idea to show Batman as young and inexperienced crimefighter is a refreshing one when we're so used to see him pull off nearly impossible things. I like how he had trouble taking down Penguin's thugs, how he barely managed to defeat the random serial killer and so on.

The art is great. It shows a modernized but very much recognizable vision of Batman and Gotham.

Overall, I like how they build this new world. Some things struck me as a bit weird like Bruce being half an Arkham or Harvey Dent being a sort of a bully as a kid but as a whole the thing works well. Aside from Aflred and Bullock, most of the characters aren't changed dramatically.

As a whole, I liked it. I can't wait for the next one. And think about it... if this Batman had a rough time with the Penguin, imagine him against this world's Joker or Bane? If they get this thing rolling it could make for a very entertaining series where Batsy actually might have a very tough time.

Last edited by Rincewind; 08-29-2012 at 03:47 AM.
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #302
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
I got it and read it today. I really liked it. The idea to show Batman as young and inexperienced crimefighter is a refreshing one when we're so used to see him pull off nearly impossible things. I like how he had trouble taking down Penguin's thugs, how he barely managed to defeat the random serial killer and so on.

The art is great. It shows a modernized but very much recognizable vision of Batman and Gotham.

Overall, I like how they build this new world. Some things struck me as a bit weird like Bruce being half an Arkham or Harvey Dent being a sort of a bully as a kid but as a whole the thing works well. Aside from Aflred and Bullock, most of the characters aren't changed dramatically.

As a whole, I liked it. I can't wait for the next one. And think about it... if this Batman had a rough time with the Penguin, imagine him against this world's Joker or Bane? If they get this thing rolling it could make for a very entertaining series where Batsy actually might have a very tough time.
He was just starting out, he'll get better over time.

How do you guys think Dick Grayson will come along in this universe? Batgirl will probably come first like in The Batman but Dick will have to be introduced eventually.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #303
Broseph44
We Are Groot

I'm excited for the riddler

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 AM   #304
Rincewind
grezdei

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
How do you guys think Dick Grayson will come along in this universe? Batgirl will probably come first like in The Batman but Dick will have to be introduced eventually.
It's anyone's guess at this point. I think they will remain somewhat faithful to the general idea (the Graysons being killed, Bruce taking him in and so on) because it doesn't seem like they want to reinvent the whole thing but rather to modernize it a bit and start with a clean slate. I suspect that if they keep the idea that Bruce adopts and trains him he will come into the story later because at this point Bruce himself is pretty young and very inexperienced. It seems that Batgirl will definitely come first.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #305
TheWatcher
Dapper

Or maybe he gets Dick when he is still very much young himself and trains him for about 3 years before he becomes Robin, that is more realistic.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #306
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I re-read it yesterday and enjoyed it even more.

I am looking forward to Volume 2.

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #307
CLewis

Is it worth buying? Because I have a really small collection consisting of Hush, RIP, and Batman Reborn. I know loads about Batman, but I don't have a massive collection. I'm also currently collecting Batman Incorporated and The Dark Knight. I have about 13 to spend and I don't want to waste it when I go to my nearest Forbidden Planet on Saturday.

CLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #308
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Am I the only one who likes the Earth One Bat-Suit more then the DCnU Bat-Suit?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 AM   #309
Rincewind
grezdei

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLewis View Post
Is it worth buying? Because I have a really small collection consisting of Hush, RIP, and Batman Reborn. I know loads about Batman, but I don't have a massive collection. I'm also currently collecting Batman Incorporated and The Dark Knight. I have about 13 to spend and I don't want to waste it when I go to my nearest Forbidden Planet on Saturday.
Depends on what you want to read. This is an origin story set in a new universe and timeline not unlike Marvel's Ultimate line. If that concept interests you then, yes, I think it's worth reading and I'm glad I bought it. If not, spend your 13 on something you'll enjoy more.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #310
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

it.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #311
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I am desperate to read this but I need to wait until I get paid

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #312
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Wow - I thought I would hate this, but I honestly LOVED it!

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #313
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

This is one of my favorite Batman books. And this thread deserves a bump.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote