The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #76
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 13

They're expected answers, but I think he was honest about it. Shannon says things very directly. We've seen Cavill doing pull ups in between shots, and I like actors that take their roles seriously.

Any positive is a positive in my book.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #77
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
Haha, did you expect anything different. I think a lot of studios have learned there lessons when it comes to the actors speaking about particular aspects because fans blow things out of proportion for no reason. I'd rather they say nothing at all to be honest.

Because the logic on the internet runs like this, cavill says he likes the red son comic ---> person reads it and thinks that the movie will be based on red son ---> message board posters believe the movie is based on red son and begin to cry out about what a bad idea this is.
There also...

message board poster plays out scenario where cavill mentions red son in an interview ---> other message board poster sees it and believes the movie is based on red son...

Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #78
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
There also...

message board poster plays out scenario where cavill mentions red son in an interview ---> other message board poster sees it and believes the movie is based on red son...
Yeah, that was ridiculous. I mean, the story is still about Superman. I'm actually pleased he mentioned it because I think it shows a deeper thinking into who the character is and what his wants and needs are.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #79
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfixo6rGFWw&feature=plcp Heh heh I forgot that I made this back in the day. LOL - Only had freeware progs at the time but it actually holds up halfway decent. I am like the official origin film activist!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #80
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Just bumped into this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upigb...yer_embedded#!

Just an old top100-superheroes, but still interesting. Supes at no. 1 is really great and all, and they say some very true things, but it's almost as if people take for granted that since he's the first he's also no. 1. Superman shouldnt just be taken for granted. He absolutely deserves the spot, but he definitely also needs to earn it as well, more now than ever.
That I hope MOS will take care of, reminding everybody who and what he really is once again.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #81
Krumm
Beer Snob

What do you guys think of a tie-in comic?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...f-steel-comic/

Old 09-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #82
Glassjaw
In training

Regardless of whether it ties into the film or not, if its Jim Lee on artwork duties for a Superman title, I'll be there. However if it is a tie in to the film, that will be really interesting.
Will they go for a Cavill likeness with the art? What point in time will it take place? (its not like it can be a prequel to the events of MoS).

I'm not familiar with Scott Snyder's work but people who read more comics then I do seem to think him and Lee would make for a bit of a dream time on a Superman title.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #83
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wasn't there a Spider-man animated series that followed the events of the first Sam Raimi movie but had nothing to do with the actual continuity of the film series?

Cause maybe the comic will just follow the events of the Man of Steel film but not have anything to do with the continuity.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 09-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #84
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Wasn't there a Spider-man animated series that followed the events of the first Sam Raimi movie but had nothing to do with the actual continuity of the film series?

Cause maybe the comic will just follow the events of the Man of Steel film but not have anything to do with the continuity.
Yeah there was one...it aired on MTV I believe. Yeah, it used the continuity established in the first film in the same way that SR used S:TM, but by no means was that series related to the actual continuity that later came with Spider-Man 2 and 3. For instance, in the series, they had Peter fight the Lizard and Dr Connors was the complete opposite of what we got in the latter two films.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #85
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Yeah there was one...it aired on MTV I believe. Yeah, it used the continuity established in the first film in the same way that SR used S:TM, but by no means was that series related to the actual continuity that later came with Spider-Man 2 and 3. For instance, in the series, they had Peter fight the Lizard and Dr Connors was the complete opposite of what we got in the latter two films.
Thought so, so yeah maybe they'll do it like that.

I can't see them doing another book in the New D52 continuity you"d have too many.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #86
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

I can't see them doing another book in the New D52 continuity you"d have too many.
Tell that to Batman.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #87
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Batman doesn't have enough!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #88
thosemortalmen
God Will Give Me Justice.

Heya boys and gals, i just want to give u a heads up and possibilty for some update of anything relates to MoS. So tomorrow noon, on my country, at JW Marriot Hotel, WBCP will held an annual tradeshow (kinda licensing expo) for the potential licensee buyer. And i saw the rundown for the show, and the highlight of the license will be The Hobbits and MoS. It is written in the rundown that they will present MoS video and pictures for 5 minutes.

So pray that i can take some picture if it is possible or reporting something that we haven't heard before.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #89
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosemortalmen View Post
Heya boys and gals, i just want to give u a heads up and possibilty for some update of anything relates to MoS. So tomorrow noon, on my country, at JW Marriot Hotel, WBCP will held an annual tradeshow (kinda licensing expo) for the potential licensee buyer. And i saw the rundown for the show, and the highlight of the license will be The Hobbits and MoS. It is written in the rundown that they will present MoS video and pictures for 5 minutes.

So pray that i can take some picture if it is possible or reporting something that we haven't heard before.
That's awesome. Good luck, pal.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #90
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:

It's like 99% gonna be in the New 52. Batman: The Dark Knight has nothing to do with the Dark Knight series. This likely won't either. WB don't feel the need to cross over their media for films with DC's publishing.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #91
andy1988

Hi guys, long time reader but a first time poster I was wondering, do you think the new Henry Cavill Superman will be the same as the one in the rumoured Justice League movie? Looking at the the trailer for Man of Steel, it seems to have a much more serious tone than what would be expected of a Justice League movie?

Old 09-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #92
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1988 View Post
Hi guys, long time reader but a first time poster I was wondering, do you think the new Henry Cavill Superman will be the same as the one in the rumoured Justice League movie? Looking at the the trailer for Man of Steel, it seems to have a much more serious tone than what would be expected of a Justice League movie?
Welcome to the hype Andy!

Honestly, I don't think HC is being prepped to star in the rumored JLA film. I mean he technically still could if WB and DC were dead set on it, but for the time being, it seems like they're just focused on establishing Superman's franchise as their next big money maker, let alone comic book film series for WB and DC.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #93
andy1988

Thanks for the warm welcome Herolee.

I tend to agree with you, and thinking about it it's probably for the best DC and WB just focus on establishing a new successful direction for the Superman franchise. Afterall, Superman is such an important and symbolic character to so many people! I feel another commercial flop could cement the idea that Supes is the dated and worn-out character many people have suggested. Although the idea of a JL movie is mouth watering, I'd prefer it was done in the right way and for the right reasons, not just as an immediate reaction to the success of The Avengers movie and how much money it made. However, if and when a JL movie is made, i'd love it to follow the storyline of the Superman Batman graphic novel, "Public Enemies".

Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #94
GreenKToo
In the fire

A tie-in would be interesting IF they focused on krypton alone. they could show the history of zod, jor-el, brainiac, etc etc. lots of possibilities.
I'm sure we'll get a taste of it ( krypton's history ) in MOS, but not a complete backstory.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #95
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

Just randomly wondering if we might get a new trailer earlier in order to put it in front of Dark Knight Rises DVDs? *shrug*

Another good captive audience moment; and putting the same one as theatrical would be a bit redundant.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:28 AM   #96
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Just randomly wondering if we might get a new trailer earlier in order to put it in front of Dark Knight Rises DVDs? *shrug*

Another good captive audience moment; and putting the same one as theatrical would be a bit redundant.
They don't tend to put cinematic trailers on DVD's do they?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 AM   #97
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I wonder if it's still possible to hope that whatever Alien Invasion Zod brings that it's at least almost as big in scale as the ones in "Birthright" or "Earth 1" origins.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #98
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Well you would think if it's a prison, other criminals are in there, That should tell u everything.It really depends on how big this prison ship is.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #99
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
It's like 99% gonna be in the New 52. Batman: The Dark Knight has nothing to do with the Dark Knight series. This likely won't either. WB don't feel the need to cross over their media for films with DC's publishing.
Probably but I'm hoping not, It doesn't have to be in the same universe as Man of Steel but it could be loosely based off it but I do think you're right.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #100
TheDailyPigMan
Side-Kick

Here's a thought...perhaps a Man of Steel prologue will be presented at IMAX theaters this December...(Nolan and WB seem to really like this strategy)

Closed Thread