The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 09-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #26
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wang Xuegi as Radioactive Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Radioactive Man has always been more of a Thor villain than an Iron Man villian.
I think Thor works best fighting gods and monsters from Norse mythology. That's part of the reason why Mr. Hyde started off fighting Thor, but ended up as a Daredevil and Captain America villain. Radioactive Man is more of a science based villain and being a Chinese scientist fits with the plot of IM3 that is set in China. That's why Radioactive Man is in this movie and why Thor will be fighting Dark Elves in his next film. How would fit Radioactive Man into a Thor movie, he wouldn't fit in with the magical enemies Thor usually fights and wouldn't be able to carry a movie by himself. Thor works best in a fantasy setting, so having a sci fi character would be out of place.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #27
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I think Thor works best fighting gods and monsters from Norse mythology. That's part of the reason why Mr. Hyde started off fighting Thor, but ended up as a Daredevil and Captain America villain. Radioactive Man is more of a science based villain and being a Chinese scientist fits with the plot of IM3 that is set in China. That's why Radioactive Man is in this movie and why Thor will be fighting Dark Elves in his next film. How would fit Radioactive Man into a Thor movie, he wouldn't fit in with the magical enemies Thor usually fights and wouldn't be able to carry a movie by himself. Thor works best in a fantasy setting, so having a sci fi character would be out of place.
He could work as a Thor villain in a Thor movie that was almost entirely set on earth. Any Villain can work anywhere if you want to make it work. That's how The Avengers was even capable of existing. Whedon wanted to make it work so it did.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #28
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
He could work as a Thor villain in a Thor movie that was almost entirely set on earth. Any Villain can work anywhere if you want to make it work. That's how The Avengers was even capable of existing. Whedon wanted to make it work so it did.
Why would you set a Thor movie entirely on Earth? Is it not more fun to see Thor fighting mythical beasts and be in fantastical realms? Setting a Thor movie entirely on Earth seems like a step back at this point. Radioactive Man wouldn't work as a Big bad in a film, he was mainly a minion in the Masters of Evil story lines he appeared in, so what role would he play in a Thor movie. It seems like all he would do was provide a fight scene in a Thor movie, rather being a character that advances the plot. He isn't the Big Bad in the Iron Man 3 movie, but considering it is set in China, Radioactive Man seems more like a natural fit in Iron Man 3 then the next Thor movie where Thor will fight Dark Elves.

Not all villains can carry every type of movie, I think Mr. Hyde would work way better in a Daredevil movie then in a Thor movie.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I could see Radioactive Man being in Ant-Man as a/the villain. Other than Ultron all of Ant-Man's villains are lame. Radioactive makes sense because he's a science based character, and biologically altered just like Pym.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
Fives
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I could see Radioactive Man being in Ant-Man as a/the villain. Other than Ultron all of Ant-Man's villains are lame. Radioactive makes sense because he's a science based character, and biologically altered just like Pym.
I see Radioactive Man as being too strong for Ant-Man. It's also because of Thor that Chen Lu became Radioactive Man, and Thor was the first super hero he fought.

He first appeared in JIM#93:

Fives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
This. Thor basically has two complete rogues galleries. An Earth one with Absorbing Man, Radioactive Man, Mister Hyde, Grey Gargoyle, Cobra and the Wrecking Crew, and an Asgardian one with Loki, Enchantress, Hela, Surtur, Karnilla etc.

Heroes have been borrowing his Earth based Rogues since the 1960s and 1970s. It's nothing new. Radioactive Man has also been associated with the Mandarin, The Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in the comics, so to say he's not an Iron Man rogue is wrong. He's one of those characters who falls into two rogues galleries, the way that Kingpin is both a Spider-Man and a Daredevil villain, or M.O.D.O.K. originated as a Captain America villain, but wound up fighting Hulk, Iron Man and Ms. Marvel.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
This. Thor basically has two complete rogues galleries. An Earth one with Absorbing Man, Radioactive Man, Mister Hyde, Grey Gargoyle, Cobra and the Wrecking Crew, and an Asgardian one with Loki, Enchantress, Hela, Surtur, Karnilla etc.

Heroes have been borrowing his Earth based Rogues since the 1960s and 1970s. It's nothing new. Radioactive Man has also been associated with the Mandarin, The Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in the comics, so to say he's not an Iron Man rogue is wrong. He's one of those characters who falls into two rogues galleries, the way that Kingpin is both a Spider-Man and a Daredevil villain, or M.O.D.O.K. originated as a Captain America villain, but wound up fighting Hulk, Iron Man and Ms. Marvel.
Kind of like how Thanos started out as an Iron man villain turned universal Marvel villain.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #33
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fives View Post
I see Radioactive Man as being too strong for Ant-Man. It's also because of Thor that Chen Lu became Radioactive Man, and Thor was the first super hero he fought.

He first appeared in JIM#93:
Ant-Man(if Pym) could use his mind and/or inventions against Radioactive Man instead of brute strength and power.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #34
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

This ****ing thread seems pointless now... dammit.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #35
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Yup.
Thread needs to be retitled "Wang Xuequi As Generic Doctor #3."

Sounds like "Dr. Wu" is just there as Tony's surgeon for the Extremis implant. Don't know if that makes him good, bad, or neutral.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #36
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

idk guys... Anton Vanko became Whiplash's father.

Maybe Dr. Wu is half red herring, half creative liberty. It isn't likely but maybe they are ramping up to MoE in Avengers 2 and want this guy's true identity to be a secret.

Wang Xuegi seems too big to be Generic Doctor #3... idk

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 12-12-2012 at 05:38 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

edit mispost

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

There's hope once again! This time it's a little more concrete.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I'd say Radioactive Man is 50/50 now. But that's a lot better odds than "no chance" just a few days ago.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #40
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

yeah I agree, though I am sort of at a 70/30, against it, in my personal opinion

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

You're just against him being in this movie or you don't think it's happening?

There's not many other guys that lego figure could be. Green skin and veins on his face? Sounds radioactive.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #42
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

There's not many other guys that lego figure could be. Green skin and veins on his face? Sounds radioactive.
I'd say the other possibilities are Coldblood, Firepower or Mandarin with the Extremis virus; or Dr. Samuel Sterns as The Leader from TIH.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #43
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Sterns would be epically random. At least RM ties into the known element of "Chinese scientist."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #44
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

True, but he's right, they are possibilities.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #45
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I was really hoping for him to be in it but I think it makes sense that it would be Coldblood or Firepower, we have no idea what they are going to do with those characters. They may have made changes to the characters appearance (i.e. Green skin)

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #46
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

pale green skin* in fact.

i reckon it is eric savin, who will be a mix of mallen and coldblood from the comics

Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #47
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Im not against it at all. I just, in my opinion am leading towards it being not him. However, after thinking about it, it very well could be him

Old 01-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #48
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
pale green skin* in fact.

i reckon it is eric savin, who will be a mix of mallen and coldblood from the comics
that seals the deal for me I'm going with no Radioactive Man in IM3 but maybe Ant-Man.

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote