The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #701
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I clearly said in the movie universes canon.

The X-Men Origins: Wolverine game, besides being one of the few great movie based games, is in continuity with the movies
At the time of the game being made, John Wraith (or 'Kestrel' in the comics) was the only teleporter in the films (aside from the one glimpsed very briefly at the end of The Last Stand when Magneto's army storm the island), so they tried to create a connection. Not a very good one, in my view. Will.i.am may have been okay in the John Wraith role (as he even looks like the comic book character) but who in their right mind would want Will.i.am back in these films!?

Azazel has now been introduced in First Class and is the father of Nightcrawler in the comics, so that makes more sense, especially as Azazel is also demonic-looking.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #702
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Putting Mystique and Azazel in both the same time-period and same Brotherhood and NOT going through with the story of them being parents to Nightcrawler – would be a huge disappointment.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 09-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #703
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

yes, they should hint at their future involvement, but, isn't it a little to soon to for her to be having Nightcrawler, at this point in the timeline
(despite being played by Alan Cumming, who's actual age would fit the timeline, Nightcrawler was suppose to be much younger, like early 20's) at least according to the prequel comic, and deleted extended scene

but, theirs already much bigger conon issues, to be nitpicking about deleted scenes... so, I guess it wouldn't really matter

Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #704
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Putting Mystique and Azazel in both the same time-period and same Brotherhood and NOT going through with the story of them being parents to Nightcrawler – would be a huge disappointment.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #705
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

The great thing about the Nightcrawler makeup (aside from the makeup being great,) is that we have no idea how old he is - he's at least in his early twenties and could be anywhere above that. Especially since Mystique's his mother, he may have delayed physical aging as well. No matter when X2 takes place, Nightcrawler can be brought in at anytime without explanation... except for the part about why he was conceived.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #706
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
The great thing about the Nightcrawler makeup (aside from the makeup being great,) is that we have no idea how old he is - he's at least in his early twenties and could be anywhere above that. Especially since Mystique's his mother, he may have delayed physical aging as well. No matter when X2 takes place, Nightcrawler can be brought in at anytime without explanation... except for the part about why he was conceived.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #707
DrDoom
Dictator

My main concern is how they are going to pull off the "Days of Future Past" storyline without bringing in any, if not all, of the cast from the original trilogy. First Class IS in continuity with those films so how will they show the future and not have the originals.

Of course they could just go with the fact that the Sentinels have already hunted down those specific mutants before the "First Class" could stop them.

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #708
BMM
Side-Kick

I would hope they all aren't alive. That kind of goes against the point of Days of Future Past.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #709
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Yeah, 3-4 or so X-Men alive in the future time-period is reasonable. Of those not all have to be mutants seen in the original movies and only one of them needs to have a major role in the whole film.

Actors from the original trilogy I would like to see and think is possible, Ian as Magneto, Berry as Storm and Jackman as Wolverine.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #710
BMM
Side-Kick

Agreed. I think Jackman and McKellen are necessary. I can understand why people wouldn't want Berry to return, but I would like to see Vaughn's take on Storm. Plus, it's faithful to the books. As much as I would like to see Stewart again, I think it would be too much to have both Magneto and Professor Xavier survive. Besides, I think it speaks more to how wrong things have gone, if Xavier is dead and his dream with him. Also, like with Storm, it's faithful to the books. Mystique would be interesting to see, though. The rest, I can take or leave.

Last edited by BMM; 09-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #711
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
My main concern is how they are going to pull off the "Days of Future Past" storyline without bringing in any, if not all, of the cast from the original trilogy. First Class IS in continuity with those films so how will they show the future and not have the originals.

Of course they could just go with the fact that the Sentinels have already hunted down those specific mutants before the "First Class" could stop them.
I think a good part of the reason for them doing DoFP is to bring back actors/characters from the original films (and not just the trilogy, it could be that Gambit reappears). They probably want to lead into an X4/X5.

First Class was only moderately successful, so there will be studio nerves about making other instalments with the same actors.

It's unclear what exactly they have in mind at this stage. I wish we knew more.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #712
Angamb
Banned User

Id really love to see Gambit on the future, fighting with other x-men (finally!)

Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #713
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

I'm fairly certain that what was established in Origins will have no hold on what's going to happen in DOFP. Throwing Gambit into the middle of an already character-rich setting would be pointless and only serve to hurt the film. He's just not necessary.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #714
Angamb
Banned User

well, by that mean no character is necessary at all. It just deppends of which characters they like the most and which they can get back.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-16-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #715
DrDoom
Dictator

I'd love to see scenes with McKellan and Fassbender Magneto's talking to each other

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #716
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
I'd love to see scenes with McKellan and Fassbender Magneto's talking to each other
I'm not sure the universe would be able to withstand the awesomeness that would surely ensue if that happened…

Old 09-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #717
The Original Bamfer
Sassneto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
well, by that mean no character is necessary at all. It just deppends of which characters they like the most and which they can get back.
TLS and Origins were cluster****s of pointless characters. We don't need that again. And if they do use Gambit again, he'd likely not be the same one Kitsch played. Like with Emma, he'd probably be renovated completely. But that's a different thread.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #718
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I would hope they all aren't alive. That kind of goes against the point of Days of Future Past.
Or maybe some of them just don't need to appear in the movie. They don't need to be dead.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 09-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #719
BMM
Side-Kick

This is a bleak future in which mutants are hunted down and exterminated. What are the characters not mentioned going to be doing? Enjoying their time off? No. The audience is going to wonder where these characters are and, if they aren't going to be in the movie and the future is going to be changed anyway, they may as well be dead. If X-Men don't die in Days of Future Past, the story loses its impact.

Besides, Fox should take advantage of the storyline and use it as a means to differentiate the X-Men franchise from the rest of the superhero movies out there. This is a story that no other comic book property has the narrative means to tackle, right now. You're not going to see Disney exterminate Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor anytime soon. With Nolan's more adult geared Batman franchise gone, this is Fox's chance to make a superhero movie that stands out against other typical family-friendly fare. Kill the X-Men, Fox.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #720
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
This is a bleak future in which mutants are hunted down and exterminated. What are the characters not mentioned going to be doing? Enjoying their time off? No. The audience is going to wonder where these characters are and, if they aren't going to be in the movie and the future is going to be changed anyway, they may as well be dead. If X-Men don't die in Days of Future Past, the story loses its impact.

Besides, Fox should take advantage of the storyline and use it as a means to differentiate the X-Men franchise from the rest of the superhero movies out there. This is a story that no other comic book property has the narrative means to tackle, right now. You're not going to see Disney exterminate Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor anytime soon. With Nolan's more adult geared Batman franchise gone, this is Fox's chance to make a superhero movie that stands out against other typical family-friendly fare. Kill the X-Men, Fox.
Except deaths didn't go down too well in The Last Stand. There has to be some caution here.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 AM   #721
def28
Side-Kick

There have to be deaths though, alot of consequences with the Alt future ride on that.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #722
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
There have to be deaths though, alot of consequences with the Alt future ride on that.
Yes, but we don't have to see endless death scenes.

Also, if the time traveller(s) return to their future and find nothing has changed, how will the audience know that it's only that timeline that hasn't changed and that (hopefully) another alternative timeline has been created?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:24 AM   #723
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Except deaths didn't go down too well in The Last Stand. There has to be some caution here.
They do need to exercise caution, but Days of Future Past is very different from The Last Stand. The deaths in The Last Stand didn't go down too well because they weren't supposed to happen (at least not to those familiar with the storylines from the books), and because they weren't executed very well. Here, they are supposed to happen and hopefully they are executed well, unlike what happened to poor Cyclops.

Besides, this is an alternate future. The entire point is to find a way out of these terrible events, so that should grant them more leeway.

Last edited by BMM; 09-17-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #724
def28
Side-Kick

There has to be a balance for sure. But if they play it too safe it will loose alot of the edge. The future should be ****ed up where anyone could die or be imprisoned.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #725
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I'm not sure the universe would be able to withstand the awesomeness that would surely ensue if that happened…
it also depends on what rules of time travel their are fallowing, like if they go by similar rules as BTTF, seeing future/past self could of dyer consequences...
the encounter could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe...
so the universe may quite literally not be able to infact withstand such an awesome encounter
...or coming face to face with himself 40 years older would put him into shock and he'd simply pass out lol

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 09-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Closed Thread