The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default How about the acts of vengeance?

Unlike a Masters of Evil movie (which would require more of a team dynamic, and thus require 1 major villain and a bunch of henchmen) The Acts of Vengeance was a team of big hitters, who got together and switched enemies. An Acts of Vengeance style plotline would also keep the film from getting cluttered with 12 characters on the screen at once, since it would be more a one on one series of battles.

A link for those of you less familiar with the plot line.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Orphix
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 117
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

The Acts of Vengeance plotline is interesting because it subverts and has it's origins on the very first appearance of the MoE in The Avengers. In AoV the villains swap their adversaries to gain the upper hand. In their first appearance of The Avengers it is the Avengers who swap targets to defeat the MoE.

I'm not so keen on the one main villain and several henchmen style dynamic either. It makes it a little too formulaic somewhat like the first X-men film with Magneto as the leader.

I quite like using the western Silverado as a template (bare with me!) because in that film each protagonist gets their own personal nemesis who actually has an investment in that antogonistic relationship and own plotlines.

Orphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphix View Post
The Acts of Vengeance plotline is interesting because it subverts and has it's origins on the very first appearance of the MoE in The Avengers. In AoV the villains swap their adversaries to gain the upper hand. In their first appearance of The Avengers it is the Avengers who swap targets to defeat the MoE.

I'm not so keen on the one main villain and several henchmen style dynamic either. It makes it a little too formulaic somewhat like the first X-men film with Magneto as the leader.

I quite like using the western Silverado as a template (bare with me!) because in that film each protagonist gets their own personal nemesis who actually has an investment in that antogonistic relationship and own plotlines.
Exactly. You get it.

Instead of getting stuck with a generic Brotherhood of Evil mutants-type team, with one villain and a bunch of lackeys (which is what the Masters of Evil is) we can have that dream Mandarin/ Red Skull / Leader / Loki line-up that people keep pushing in the MOE thread.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
The Strategos
Side-Kick
 
The Strategos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 376
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Yeah, I like it! You could do the direction like Kill Bill (I hate that film but anyway) where the fights could take place in seperate sections which gradually reveal both the begining and the end of the overall story. Just an idea.

__________________
Marvel is Magic!
The Strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

I think Acts of Vengeance can be done with the Masters of Evil, and would prefer it that way. They've already fought their nemeses, why not trade with other like minded individuals. Surey someone might bring them together, an nega-Nick Fury of sorts, but they each function independently. Ultron, imho, could play this nega-Nick Fury role, and then we'd have the best of all worlds.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
The Strategos
Side-Kick
 
The Strategos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 376
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Yeah, like!

__________________
Marvel is Magic!
The Strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think Acts of Vengeance can be done with the Masters of Evil, and would prefer it that way. They've already fought their nemeses, why not trade with other like minded individuals. Surey someone might bring them together, an nega-Nick Fury of sorts, but they each function independently. Ultron, imho, could play this nega-Nick Fury role, and then we'd have the best of all worlds.
Which would basically just make it the acts of vengeance...not the Masters of Evil...

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Hmmm... if they use the Masters of Evil characters, then it's the Masters of Evildoing Acts of Vengeance. Perhaps some attack together and some attack separately, perhaps both happen, it's all very fluid, not either or.

__________________
WW TV Show Ideas - X-Men TV Show Ideas -
With a Ph.D in Metascience
"Sufficiently understood magic is indistinguishable from science."
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,820
Default Re: How about the acts of vengeance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Hmmm... if they use the Masters of Evil characters, then it's the Masters of Evildoing Acts of Vengeance. Perhaps some attack together and some attack separately, perhaps both happen, it's all very fluid, not either or.
True. I guess my point is it's a different dynamic. The Masters of Evil is basically a crime family; you have a hierarchy, with one guy at the top. The Acts of Vengeance was like a meeting of the heads of several crime families.

__________________
MCU Rest of Decade prediction:

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.