The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #51
VenomShock
Side-Kick

Default Re: SPIDER-MAN 3=Marvel's BATMAN & ROBIN?

I know I'm in a huge minority, but I ****ing love Spider-Man 3. I actually think it's up there among the greats. While it is still very flawed, it still has absolutely beautiful moments that were all Raimi. On top of that I thought it made several improvements here and there, namely with Eddie Brock (not Venom).

I feel that some of the flaws (such as the butler) would've been excused in a more loved movie. But oh well.

It's still up there for me with the other two. I think it's one of the best of the genre as a FILM and I'm not gonna apologize for that.

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User

At least you know you're in the minority, lol

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #53
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
both movies were failures.

Spider-Man 3 was the equivalent of taking a physics test, not having studied the test material.

Batman & Robin was the equivalent of taking a physics test and falling asleep before even writing your name.
Interesting way of putting it.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #54
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd say SM3 is more even with Batman Forever. For me it didn't reach the failure of B&R.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #55
Viper81
Agent of Mac Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
The first half of Spider-man 3 is decent , it just falls apart somewhere in the middle. Batman and Robin is a complete failure. I don't compare the two.
I came in here to say this. The first half of spiderman 3 is actually pretty good. It had the potential to top spiderman 2 at one point, especially with the friendship plot of peter, Harry, and MJ. But it was like halfway through, it fumbled the ball and never recovered.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #56
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomShock View Post
I know I'm in a huge minority, but I ****ing love Spider-Man 3. I actually think it's up there among the greats. While it is still very flawed, it still has absolutely beautiful moments that were all Raimi. On top of that I thought it made several improvements here and there, namely with Eddie Brock (not Venom).

I feel that some of the flaws (such as the butler) would've been excused in a more loved movie. But oh well.

It's still up there for me with the other two. I think it's one of the best of the genre as a FILM and I'm not gonna apologize for that.
No need to apologize.I don't think the minority is really that huge.I agree,that 3 was great.It has it's flaws.(Very few films don't) But it's still solid.I personally like it better than 2.(Although,Molina has the edge for villain as Ock.)

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #57
Anno_Domini
Banned User

There is a MAJOR minority that actually loved Spider-Man 3. To think it's as loved as the greats like Spider-Man 2, The Dark Knight, X2 is silly.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #58
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

No one said it was as loved as TDK,X2 or SM 2,but to compare it to B&R,that's silly.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #59
Anno_Domini
Banned User

A film in a comic book franchise that killed the certain series. I can see the comparison. And if you were to say there would've been a fourth Spidey film in Raimi's series, I can bring up the fact that Schumacher was slated to return as director for Batman Triumphant. Still, Spider-Man 3 killed Raimi's series as much as Batman & Robin killed Burton's/Schumacher's series.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #60
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

That's not entirely the case.SM 3 made money,and they did have Raimi working on a 4th until he decided to drop out.In B&R's case it was considered a bomb both critically and financially.Any work Schumacher was going to do on a 5th film died a swift death.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #61
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And THAT'S not the case either. Raimi had to work on a script that Sony shoe-horned with the villains and Raimi finally decided to walk off. Spider-Man 4, either way you look at it, would've ended in a swift death just as how Triumphant ended. The only difference between the two is how much one made in the box office. Both were awful and both killed their series. Perhaps Batman Forever killed the series as well, but it was still followed by another installment.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #62
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

SM3 is by far my least favorite of the Spidey movies. It's one of the biggest letdowns in my movie-going lifetime mostly because it didn't fit the mold and I had high expectations. Between SM1 and SM2 there is a progression of 'getting better' as you go from one to the next and I expected to see the same with SM3...that it would also continue to improve upon the series or at least the movie that came before it. I would have settled for the movie being just as good as SM1 seeing as how being better than SM2 is a pretty tall order, imo.

SM3 is quite awful. It has its moments but otherwise it's not a good movie. The OP makes some interesting points about SM3 being similar to B&R and I can agree with what is listed, however in terms of quality, SM3 is a better product than B&R.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote