The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #26
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I want a Thanos-heavy Avengers 2, then Ultron built up for Avengers 3. Maybe 'Phase II' has something to do with Ultron?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #27
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Mine would be:

late 2015: Antman
2016: Thor: Surturs Revenge, Captain America: Modern Hero
2017: Nova, Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, Winter-The Incedible Hulk 2
2018: Dr. Strange, Avengers 3

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #28
BatsDC
Cold-Blooded

Ideally?

2015: Ms. Marvel
2016: Dr Strange, Black Panther, Heroes for Hire
2017: Iron Man 4, Thor 3, Namor The Submariner
2018: Captain America 3, The Avengers 3

Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
OB12
Side-Kick

Fall 2015:
Dr. Strange
SHIELD - season 3

Spring 2016:
Black Panther

Summer 2016:
The Incredible Hulk 2

Fall 2016
Thor: The Twilight Sword
SHIELD - season 4

Spring 2017:
Heroes for Hire

Summer 2017:
Amazing Spider-Man 3
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty

Fall 2017:
SHIELD - season 5

Summer 2018:
Avengers 3

Last edited by OB12; 09-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #30
grout
Side-Kick

Just a question,,,, as much as I would like to see all this happen. Dont you guys feel like it will lead to a little over saturation in the market. Kinda like a fad for a bit but then people may become a little bored with it after a point?

As much as Im sure there will be reasons why it wont, you really have to view this as everyone in here is a little biased towards this happening, I dont mean that in a bad way at all. Im just saying that we are all bigger fans of this then the average Joe so to speak. Seems like after a point the average movie going person will kinda be like "another marvel movie" damn.

Last edited by grout; 09-13-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout View Post
Just a question,,,, as much as I would like to see all this happen. Dont you guys feel like it will lead to a little over saturation in the market. Kinda like a fad for a bit but then people may become a little bored with it after a point?

As much as Im sure there will be reasons why it wont, you really have to view this as everyone in here is a little biased towards this happening, I dont mean that in a bad way at all. Im just saying that we are all bigger fans of this then the average Joe so to speak.
Yes, absolutely. 3 a year should be rare, maybe just a one-time thing to finally get Ant-Man made.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #32
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think 4 big superhero movies a year is not saturation, that's what we had in 2011 and it worked well (X-Men First Class, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America). The question then just becomes a guessing game of how many other superhero movies are coming out that year? Right now, it's not really possible to tell what's going on in Summer 2016. Will the Justice League actually come out in 2015? Will it succeed and spinoff any other films? ASM2 will be in 2014, will they keep it coming on a two year jump, or will there be scheduling delays?

I think when you talk about smaller and not-quite-superheroic films like Hellboy II, Punisher War Zone and Wanted, you can have those in the same year with a Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Hancock and still not flood the market, like in 2008. I think some of these films, like Heroes for Hire or Ant-Man or others, might benefit from being smaller off-summer films like that.

It's a balance, and a dance, but it's possible for MS to do four movies in an otherwise dry year. Three movies would probably be wiser though. 2 one year, 3 the next, 2-3-2-3.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #33
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think 4 big superhero movies a year is not saturation, that's what we had in 2011 and it worked well (X-Men First Class, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America).
Not one of them truly broke out, and one of them failed in almost every possible way. How is that working well?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think 4 big superhero movies a year is not saturation, that's what we had in 2011 and it worked well (X-Men First Class, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America). The question then just becomes a guessing game of how many other superhero movies are coming out that year? Right now, it's not really possible to tell what's going on in Summer 2016. Will the Justice League actually come out in 2015? Will it succeed and spinoff any other films? ASM2 will be in 2014, will they keep it coming on a two year jump, or will there be scheduling delays?

I think when you talk about smaller and not-quite-superheroic films like Hellboy II, Punisher War Zone and Wanted, you can have those in the same year with a Dark Knight, Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Hancock and still not flood the market, like in 2008. I think some of these films, like Heroes for Hire or Ant-Man or others, might benefit from being smaller off-summer films like that.

It's a balance, and a dance, but it's possible for MS to do four movies in an otherwise dry year. Three movies would probably be wiser though. 2 one year, 3 the next, 2-3-2-3.
I got what your saying.. I guess what im getting at is at 1st its orginal and new. Then you get into as example Iron Man 1, 2, 3 etc.. Just seems like it will die out after a point, will not have the same kind of orginal flare that set it off in the 1st place. While we might alll enjoy the ongoing,,, the average movie guy might get bored, its no longer orginal and new to them..

Last edited by grout; 09-13-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #35
OB12
Side-Kick

We've seen mulple superhero movies per year every year since about 1999. If the bubble were going to burst, it would have by now.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #36
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
We've seen mulple superhero movies per year every year since about 1999. If the bubble were going to burst, it would have by now.
You could say the same about the reeve superman movies.. It was a downward trend.. Look at xmen..... X1, did good, X2 made more, X3 made around same, slightly more then X2... First class was a downtrend money wise from the upshot of 2 and 3. First Class was awesome..

Trust me not that they did bad at all, not what im saying... tooo much seems to start a downward trend.

Last edited by grout; 09-13-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #37
Chewy
REDACTED

It's not about a bubble bursting. Usually one or two come away as clear winners each year and the rest either do middling business or fail completely. Cramming more and more into each year is only hurting your odds of each movie being the one to really and truly catch on

It's like the CG animated films - they used to all do well, then studios started cramming more into each year, and we started to see ones that either came and went or flat out failed

You want to put each of your 150+M investments in the best position to succeed, and the way to do that is certainly not by flooding the market with them

Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #38
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
This. 2011 gave us 3 new CBM and a reboot. They weren't no SM even Batman started in the 200s and a low showing WW. I would say the 4 did well all considered, maybe FC underperformed and GL bombed.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #39
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not about a bubble bursting. Usually one or two come away as clear winners each year and the rest either do middling business or fail completely. Cramming more and more into each year is only hurting your odds of each movie being the one to really and truly catch on

It's like the CG animated films - they used to all do well, then studios started cramming more into each year, and we started to see ones that either came and went or flat out failed

You want to put each of your 150+M investments in the best position to succeed, and the way to do that is certainly not by flooding the market with them
My comment was more on the macro-level whereas you are referring to the fate of the individual films. The superhero genre has its hits and misses, but on the whole the genre is wildly successful and doesn't look to be fading away anytime soon.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #40
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Which ones in 2013 will fail or do medicore business. IM3 and Thor 2 will not falter, its either Wolverine or MoS. If you consider XO:W a success, TW should follow suit. The wildcard is MoS the good thing is there is no DMC the following week.

As for 2014 the wildcard is GOTG and Ant-Man (if it gets released in 2014). WS should perform like a CBM sequel and DOFP and TASM2. TASM2 shouldn't see a decrease like SM2 did, but an increase like BB to TDK (smaller).

Old 09-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #41
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

That's a good point, I chalked the failures entirely up to lack of quality in those films, and there was definitely lack of quality involved in those that did not do well, becomes that lack becomes all the more sharp when there are other similar films of equal or better quality nearby. Cap, even with its pitiful second half would have done great if he was the only game in town.

But at the same time, that doesn't show growth of the genre. I don't think we'd make these comparisons about action films in general.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #42
Markyboy00
Side-Kick

I think 2 movies a year is perfect, but I think the main thing is that they keep showing the little hints and cameos leading to the other movies.. Thats a big part of keeping people interested and building the anticipation.. And would love to see them end the trilogy into 2, they did it with the last Potter movie and Pirates of the Carrib.. Let the villian win and wreck the good guys at the end of the first half.. And anything to do with Annihilation would be awesome.. And one hero they need to introduce, thats always been involved with shield, the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, fought thanos and fought in the annihilation war... QUASAR...

Have they even said that Thanos is going to be the villian for Avengers 2 yet? I think they should save him as the main big bad guy in Avengers 3.. Keep giving peeks of him, but save him until the end.. Let Utron be the illian in Avengers 2..

Phase 2
IronMan 3(Have SHIELD involved.. Introduce Quasar or Black Panther)
Thor 2 (Not sure)
Captin America 2 (Have SHIELD involed alot.. Introduce Quasar or Black Panther)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Have Thanos involved.. Thanos's origin.. Introduce Kree, Skrull, Shiar, Inhumans, Nova)
Ant-Man (Introduce Wasp, Ultron, Vision)
Avengers 2 (With Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Panther, Quasar, Vision Vs. Ultron)

Phase 3

Iron Man 4??(Maybe)
Thor 3
Captain America 3
Hulk 2(Show Signs of Banner losing control of the Hulk)
Quasar( Earth and Space.. Introduce any of the races)
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ( Battle Thanos and he escapes.. Peek at the end telling them that Thanos is heading towards Earth..)
Inhumans
Avengers 3 pt1 (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Quasar, Hulk.. Thanos causes Banner to lose control and they have to fight hulk first And they send him off planet, Thanos escapes)
Avengers 3 pt2 (Same cast.. Guardians get to earth, battle Avengers and then they team up and beat Thanos..)

Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

revamped my list, and through vanity am using it to bump the thread:

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor: Journey into Mystery
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers

Iron Man 3
SHIELD season 1 (Fall 2013)
Thor 2: The Dark World
Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
SHIELD season 2 (Fall 2014)
Avengers 2: Ultron Imperative, May 2015
Ant-Man

Captain America 3: Man Out of Time (May 2016)
Heroes for Hire season 1 (Fall 2016)
Doctor Strange (November 2016)
Thor 3: Flames of Surtur (April/May 2017)
Black Panther (August 2017)
Heroes for Hire season 2 (Fall 2017)

Avengers 3 part 1: Thanos Quest (May 2018)
Heroes for Hire season 3 (Fall 2018)
Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings (November 2018)

Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel (May 2019)
Heroes for Hire season 4 (Fall 2019)
Avengers 3 part 2: Infinity Gauntlet (November 2019)

2020 and beyond:
Namor the Submariner
Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
sequels to GotG/Black Panther/Doctor Strange

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 01-08-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #44
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Exactly. I actually think? Later franchises will be the glue that keeps the MCU together from generation to generation.

For example, when The Avengers 3 ends, depending on the status of TIH2 Mark Ruffalo will still have 2-3 more films on his contract (Unless they cameo him.) The Guardians of the Galaxy actors will likely have 3 films left, Whoever winds up playing Doctor Strange will likely have films left on his contract.

Basically I see a transitional block of films in the late 10's early 20's, Involving new properties, sequels to phase 2 and 3 properties, and maybe a surprise return to the marvel camp (Fantastic 4?) before they recast the big 3 Avengers.

Marvel Studios can't just stop making movies. They're a film company and that's what they do.
Agree.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #45
That Guy
Side-Kick

Awesome Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

For phase three I wuld like to see 3 movies a year. Two tentpoles during summer, and one lesser known property during November.This is where I would like to see some films that don't tie into the avengers franchise. I also assume that by phase 3, marvel studios will have gotten many more of their characters back. So anyway, here is my dream list.

May- The incredile hulk 2, dealing with the leader
August- The Black Panther
November- Dare-devil

May- iron-man 4
August- captain america 3
November- Doctor Strange

May- Thor 3 Ragnarok
August- The incredible hulk 3
November- Iron Fist

May- The Avengers 3
Call this the beginning of phase 4 if you want
August- Silver Surfer origin movie
November- The Defenders

Old 09-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #46
Zarex
Side-Kick

I'd love to see the following:

Ant Man - Winter/Early spring opening, leading to......

Avengers: Ultron - May opening with a post credit introduction to the new FF (a joint production between Marvel & Fox)

FF : Reborn - Marvel's first family travels to the Negative zone

Thor: Fall of Asgard

Captain America: Agent of Shield

Guardians of the Galaxy: Annihilation

2018:

Heroes for Hire - the team introduced in the SHIELD tv show hits the big screen

Avengers - Disassembled. This one has it all! The FF? sure. Guardians of the Galaxy? why not? Heroes for Hire? of course! Justice League? I'll get back to you, we're working on the rights. Spider-man? Captain Hammer? Richie Rich? Well, now you're being ridiculous, but you'll have to wait until 2018 to be sure.

Last edited by Zarex; 09-17-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #47
Markyboy00
Side-Kick

I have a question.. I keep hearing everyone talking about who has the rights to different titles.. Like I know Marvel dont have the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spiderman.. What other titles don't Marvel have? And whos all included in all of these titles?? Like since Marvel dont have the X-Men, does that include every mutant in the Marvel Universe? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were Avengers more than they were X-men.. Since Silver Surfer was in the FF movie, Marvel can't use him, Even tho he was also an Avenger.. Where do the Inhumans fall? They were first introduced in the Fantastic Four.. Are they off limits?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
gzilla46
Side-Kick

Howard the Duck Reboot -2015

Hulk 2 - 2014

I can't think of anything else.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy00 View Post
I have a question.. I keep hearing everyone talking about who has the rights to different titles.. Like I know Marvel dont have the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spiderman.. What other titles don't Marvel have? And whos all included in all of these titles?? Like since Marvel dont have the X-Men, does that include every mutant in the Marvel Universe? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were Avengers more than they were X-men.. Since Silver Surfer was in the FF movie, Marvel can't use him, Even tho he was also an Avenger.. Where do the Inhumans fall? They were first introduced in the Fantastic Four.. Are they off limits?
To the best of my knowledge...

Fox currently owns the movie rights to:
Fantastic Four (Silver Surfer, Galactus)
X-Men (all X-Men characters except I believe Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are shared with Marvel/Disney)
Daredevil (Elektra, Bullseye,) [Kingpin was on loan from Sony]

and Sony owns the movie rights to:
Spider-Man (and Spider-Man's villains including Kingpin)
Ghost Rider

Marvel/Disney owns the rest I believe. The studios have to make a film every 7 years or so otherwise the rights revert back to Marvel. And I specify "movie" rights because as you may have seen the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is currently being made by Disney.

EDIT: Just found out Daredevil is back in Marvel/Disney's pocket.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 09-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #50
Changeling
Banned User

Movies I want:
1. Daredevil reboot, make it ****ing happen itll be Marvels Batman, Daredevil is one of the greatest Marvel characters
2. Black Panther, badass character, could also be Marvel's answer to Batman
3. Dr Strange
4. Namor the Submariner
5. Heroes for Hire
6. Fantastic Four reboot
7. The Defenders

Closed Thread