The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 09-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #151
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
My top 6 would be:

1.Wasp
2.Pym
3.Ms Marvel
5.Vision
6.Scarlet Witch

I doubt we'd get Vision & Scarlet Witch since Fox has the rights,and I rather not have a watered down version.

Marvel has the rights to the Vision free and clear. They share the rights to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver with Fox. If Marvel uses the twins they can't refer to Magneto as their father or call them mutants; Fox can't mention the Avengers or any characters that Marvel owns.

It would be ideal if Marvel used Wanda (with or without Pietro) in an Avengers sequel before Fox decides to **** them over in one of its wretched X franchise films. The way Fox operates, I wouldn't put it past them to tell Vaughn to use the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver solely to ruin Marvel's chances of ever including them in The Avengers. (And based on the way Vaughn's last film treated female characters, Wanda would probably be a stripper with Pietro as her manager.)

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #152
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

My Top 6

1. Black Panther
2. Ms. Marvel
3. Vision (by hook or crook, the personality is more important than who builds him)
4. Giant Man (Whoever, even Barton)
5. Luke Cage
6. War Machine

I know Falcon is a given, it'll be alright to see him, but he's never been my favorite.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #153
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Marvel has the rights to the Vision free and clear. They share the rights to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver with Fox. If Marvel uses the twins they can't refer to Magneto as their father or call them mutants; Fox can't mention the Avengers or any characters that Marvel owns.

It would be ideal if Marvel used Wanda (with or without Pietro) in an Avengers sequel before Fox decides to **** them over in one of its wretched X franchise films. The way Fox operates, I wouldn't put it past them to tell Vaughn to use the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver solely to ruin Marvel's chances of ever including them in The Avengers. (And based on the way Vaughn's last film treated female characters, Wanda would probably be a stripper with Pietro as her manager.)
But then the question becomes... if Scarlet Witch really breaks out in an Avengers sequel, wouldn't Fox just immediately turn around and put their own version of Scarlet Witch in their movies anyway?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #154
Silvermoth
Avenger

Not really. Marvel needs to give permission before they use their characters in a movie right? That's what cockblocked the Daredevil remake. I don't think Marvel would agree to something if it went against themselves.

The only way they could do it is if Fox suddenly turns around and does something random like making Galactus a cloud.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #155
Chewy
REDACTED

What cockblocked the Daredevil remake is that their 7 year window to make a Daredevil movie was closing.

Fox keeps making the X-Men movies, and they will keep making the X-Men movies.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #156
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
But then the question becomes... if Scarlet Witch really breaks out in an Avengers sequel, wouldn't Fox just immediately turn around and put their own version of Scarlet Witch in their movies anyway?
That's a good point, Fox would probably try to capitalize on that.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #157
AcidMage
Newbie First Class

In terms of the properties still in the possession of other studios, we can already see the attempts at creating their own "Universe" films with the announcement of a Venom film. I seem to remember the X-franchise was supposed to be much more fleshed out, too, with more "Origins" movies. The problem was they didn't have the right people working on those movies, but now? I kinda feel they do.

A massive cross-over film would be difficult to wrangle, and would teeter dangerously towards pointless fan-service, like The Last Stand including Multiple Man for no goddamn reason, and Phoenix - arguably the greatest character in X-Men comics - becoming little more than a foot-note pretending to be a catalyst.

Additionally, these films aren't made entirely for the hardcore comic book fans, they are also heavily marketed to people who have never read a comic book in their lives, so too many nods to characters (such as the - albeit cool - Black Panther cameo someone mentioned earlier) might leave them scratching their heads.

But hey, I'm not saying it couldn't be done - focus on a key group of five or six heroes, with others providing supporting roles. A lot of characterisation would need to be handled through action sequences, I think.

AcidMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 AM   #158
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

I think they'll just add instead of rotate. Cap, IM, and Thor will stay. The only way I see the Hulk leaving is if he turns on the Avengers, which I highly doubt after the end of the first film.

Panther, Ant Man, and Wasp are locks. Vision and Ms. Marvel are probables.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #159
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
I think they'll just add instead of rotate. Cap, IM, and Thor will stay. The only way I see the Hulk leaving is if he turns on the Avengers, which I highly doubt after the end of the first film.

Panther, Ant Man, and Wasp are locks. Vision and Ms. Marvel are probables.
I can only see one of those being a *possible* lock: Ant-Man. So far, Wasp still hasn't even been *mentioned* by Edgar Wright, so we can't expect her to be in the Ant-Man film at all, until further notice.

There's only one "lock" I see so far: Falcon, in CATWS, is being groomed for Avengers 2. Ant-Man --- and any auxiliary characters, like Scott Lang and/or Hank Pym, and Wasp --- will make the team *if* Wright gets his film in on time. So that's a very big "if." As for Vision and Ms. Marvel, they've never been mentioned in any rumors or interviews, just fanboy wishlisting on the forums. (Including a fanboy wishTweet from Vin Diesel himself to play Vision.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #160
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I can only see one of those being a *possible* lock: Ant-Man. So far, Wasp still hasn't even been *mentioned* by Edgar Wright, so we can't expect her to be in the Ant-Man film at all, until further notice.

There's only one "lock" I see so far: Falcon, in CATWS, is being groomed for Avengers 2. Ant-Man --- and any auxiliary characters, like Scott Lang and/or Hank Pym, and Wasp --- will make the team *if* Wright gets his film in on time. So that's a very big "if." As for Vision and Ms. Marvel, they've never been mentioned in any rumors or interviews, just fanboy wishlisting on the forums. (Including a fanboy wishTweet from Vin Diesel himself to play Vision.)
What's a "possible lock"?

And, isn't fanboy wishlisting on forums pretty much what this thread has turned into?

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #161
Marathon
Side-Kick

I'm not too enthusiastic about Falcon, to be honest... the character is not a "heavy hitter" nor particularly quirky personality- or power-wise... kind of hard to get excited about a character like that, especially in the context of Avengers.

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #162
Havok83
Side-Kick

The only character I feel NEEDS to be added is Ms. Marvel. My second choice would be Black Panther. Im okay with ditching Hawkeye and Black Widow (although I loved her here)

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #163
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Why not have The Civil War story?That's a way to change the roster,it's a way to make Captain America a leader for a team.We could see some heroes thrown into special made prisons so they don't get any more screen time for the movie,and we can see new heroes pop up for some screen time.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #164
Havok83
Side-Kick

Ugh no. For one theres not enough heroes in the MU to do CW justice and besides, the team JUST formed. They dont need to be fighting and splitting this early

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #165
natey2k4
Side-Kick

How could anyone want Hawkeye to leave before 1) you get any character development and 2) you get to see some awesome trick arrows?

Marvel has done a lot to push Hawkeye lately. He's also being included in the new Avengers TV show, he's not going anywhere.

The roster will be;
The same + Falcon (unless he dies in the Captain America movie at the hands of Winter Soldier).

Depending on Ant-Man, they may include Pym, but I'm not sure.

I expect Thanos to defeat the Guardians of the Galaxy as well, so I don't see them joining the fight.

natey2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #166
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How could anyone want Hawkeye to leave before 1) you get any character development and 2) you get to see some awesome trick arrows?

Marvel has done a lot to push Hawkeye lately. He's also being included in the new Avengers TV show, he's not going anywhere.

The roster will be;
The same + Falcon (unless he dies in the Captain America movie at the hands of Winter Soldier).

Depending on Ant-Man, they may include Pym, but I'm not sure.

I expect Thanos to defeat the Guardians of the Galaxy as well, so I don't see them joining the fight.
Where are you getting Falcon and Hawkeye appearing in the SHIELD TV show? (Note that it *is* a SHIELD TV show, and Joss Whedon has made it abundantly clear that it doesn't have a thing to do with the Avengers.) The only characters that have been confirmed for the show are a bunch of SHIELD agents who were invented specifically for TV, and who have no comic-book counterparts.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #167
That Guy
Side-Kick

I believe he was talking about the new avengers assemble animated show.

That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #168
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I don't get this sense that movies like this are obligated to have a certain level of diversity. It's just weird to me that this is a problem for people. Same thing for women, I don't see the big deal.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #169
Chewy
REDACTED

Thanks for sharing.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:33 AM   #170
Silvermoth
Avenger

A lack of diversity in an Avengers cast makes as much sense as not including Iron man, Thor or Captain America or a representative of them.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:40 AM   #171
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

The Chitauri lack diversity.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #172
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
The Chitauri lack diversity.
what is this i don't even

Let me know when the Chitauri get their own popular comic book team that franchises out for 50+ years. Then your comparison might not be moot.

The Avengers don't lack diversity. Never have, never will.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #173
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If Hulk/Banner leaves, it'll be temporary like it always is in the books. Something may happen where trust is broken amongst them, he gets angry at them, says he quits, then comes back later in the movie or leaves at the end of the flick, possibly leaving it open for a new Hulk film then his return in the third.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #174
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
what is this i don't even

Let me know when the Chitauri get their own popular comic book team that franchises out for 50+ years. Then your comparison might not be moot.

The Avengers don't lack diversity. Never have, never will.
You missed the point totally. Ideally, it would be nice to see more diversity, but that kind of diversity can't exist for its own sake.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #175
Chewy
REDACTED

It was a stupid point. It's for the sake of better reflecting our society. Superheroes are escapist fare meant to represent the human ideal, fighting off the "bad guys" and striving to do what's right. A really bizarre metaphor for our system of ethics, characters for our kids to look up to identify with.

It's hard to pretend it's truly all-inclusive entertainment when it's a bunch of straight white dudes hanging out and saving the day.

"lol all the CGI alien bad guys look the same lol." Sigh.