The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #76
Viper81
Agent of Mac Sauce

Default Re: Predictions for the next Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyPurpleSocks View Post
I would love to see a film that focuses solely on one villain, as that hasn't been done since '89.

Imagine having Mr. Freeze as the solo antagonist, with only the mob presence as the other criminal threat in Gotham. Have Freeze's origin and transformation from Dr. Fries into the monster he is, all in the quest to try and save his wife...show that he is willing to do ANYTHING necessary to bring her back, even to go so far as stealing, killing, maiming. Batman, on the other hand, can already be formed in his origins, but have constant callbacks to why he does what he does. Show that he is willing to put his life at risk, but only willing to do anything necessary short of killing. Make it a character study, a detective caper, the groundwork for a whole universe where the fantastic is commonplace.

Plant the seeds for the bat-family, have him rescue a young orphan Tim Drake, or bring it all back to the circus incident with Dick Grayson in order to have allusions to Bruce's losing his own parents. Don't make him Robin yet, don't bring in Batgirl until the third movie, let it all happen organically, with these characters existing in Gotham (Barbara, Grayson, Leslie Thompkins, Zucco, Dent, Harleen Quinzel, Bullock, Murdoch, Thorne, Falcone) but don't have anything 'jump the shark' until the new series calls for it, keep the main focus on Batman trying to stop Mr. Freeze from destroying the city in his quest to save his wife. Have him be taken seriously, and make him sympathetic in a way 'B&R' failed to...make the wait until a film introduces Joker that much more suspenseful, even include some future rogues as Wayne employees if you like (Man-Bat, Mad Hatter, Riddler) but let it all play out. You can switch out actors for Batman like the Bond series, but always keep a loose continuity within the Universe.
I actually think it would be cooler to have a series of movies (a trilogy most likely) that had the same main villain in all three movies (and used other villains from the Batman universe in partnership roles with the villain). (ala...the original star wars trilogy with Luke vs. Vader)

Imagine having three Batman movies where the fight is between Batman and the Joker. Actually, that was kind of what I was hoping The Dark Knight series was going for. If Heath Ledger hadn't of died, I imagine the Joker would have returned as the main antagonist in the next film as well.

I would love to see an established Batman and the three movies mark the transformation of the Joker....Have him start as the Red Hood in movie one and lead up to the climax in movie three.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #77
TheWatcher
Dapper

Harley Quinn will be in the next set of movies.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #78
HolyPurpleSocks
Tusi Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper81 View Post
I actually think it would be cooler to have a series of movies (a trilogy most likely) that had the same main villain in all three movies (and used other villains from the Batman universe in partnership roles with the villain). (ala...the original star wars trilogy with Luke vs. Vader)

Imagine having three Batman movies where the fight is between Batman and the Joker. Actually, that was kind of what I was hoping The Dark Knight series was going for. If Heath Ledger hadn't of died, I imagine the Joker would have returned as the main antagonist in the next film as well.

I would love to see an established Batman and the three movies mark the transformation of the Joker....Have him start as the Red Hood in movie one and lead up to the climax in movie three.
I'd definitely, undoubtedly love that for the next few installations...we all know Joker is the most well-known, the most complex, sadistic, intriguing and deep villain possibly of any comic book character ever put onto film. So having him as the main threat for a whole trilogy would allow for things to breathe and develop...that way, I wouldn't complain if there were a few minor threats/villains in each film that Bats takes down on his path to Joker. I don't necessarily think Joker needs to have an origin story in order to make it work, just flesh him out- show the transformation of Harleen Quinzel to Harley, have Joker possibly kill Jason Todd, or cripple Batgirl...you know, alot of the major evil things he's best known for.

I also feel that Heath would have returned for TDKR had he not died, but it's something we'll never know, because Nolan won't budge on his stance. I'd really love the chance to get to see those two characters face off for three full films, as it's my favorite dynamic between a good/bad guy, in any incarnation.

Innercity Bonfire, IMO.

"She wants to kill you, Dick..."
--George Clooney (to Chris O'Donnell)
'Batman & Robin', 1997
HolyPurpleSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #79
Changeling
Banned User

What I want in the next series:

Robin, later have him turn into Nightwing, Id love to see Jason Todd as well

Barbara Gordon, maybe not even Batgirl at least Barbara Gordon though

I dont think Lucius should be in the next series, and if he is, give him a small role.

Id kinda like to see Leslie Thompkins too

SCARECROW DONE RIGHT! i loved Scarecrow in the Nolan films but he wasnt enough like the comics for my taste, something along the lines of Arkham Asylum games and BTAS

Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya, maybe throw Crispus Allen in there too

Bats needs to be way more of a detective

Batman suit needs to have some gray in it. I didnt really like the TDK/TDKR suit all that much, the BB suit was solid though.

Gotham needs to be way more gothic, more like Tim Burtons Gotham but less extreme. Nolans Gotham wasnt fantastical at all, Gotham needs to be a little unrealistic, I loved Burtons Gotham for how fantastical it was.

I dont want to see a Batmobile that looks anything like the tumbler. It should look more like a car and less of a tank. The batmobile really needs to be updated theres so much they can do with it.

The Batcave should be more like the Schumacher and Burton Batcaves. Along the lines of the comics. Im ready for the giant computer screen like in BTAS and all the trophies in the batcave.

We need a veteran Batman for sure.

Im also ready for another Batboat, that could be cool.

Id love to see any of these:Manbat, Clayface, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Riddler, Killer Croc (henchman type), Mad Hatter (in a small role), Harley Quinn, Ventriloquist and Scarface (small role again), Poison Ivy, Hugo Strange and Black Mask.

Along with Joker and a mob boss Two Face not anything like what we got in TDK, I think there should be no origin for Two Face in the new series, just set him up as a Badass mob boss with an obsession with the number 2 and a split personality. The split personality didnt exist in TDK whats up with that?

And we deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefinitely need a perma white and perma grin joker in the new film. Heath was great yes, but we need something new and along the lines of the comics, but i say save Joker for the third film as it will probably be another trilogy.

Batman needs to visit his parents grave too.

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #80
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

I really don't want to see Burton's Gotham again. I'm hit and miss on it. Each director has brought something new to their film so I want another interesting take on Gotham. Sure, have it Gothic, just not Burton Gothic.

CapedCrusader14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #81
TheWatcher
Dapper

^I'm thinking B:TAS Gotham.

Actually I'm thinking B:TAS everything.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #82
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Agreed ^^

I dony care if Batman is younger or older. I just need a great reboot!!!!!!

spidergeek232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #83
Changeling
Banned User

BTAS mixed with Arkham Asylum/City with some elements of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth, the imagery in that is insane.

A lot of Dark Victory should be adapted

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #84
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

^^Dark Victory is one of my favorite Batman stories! So yeah, Dark Victory should be adapted.

spidergeek232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #85
Invisiboy
All-American Loser

Well, it definitely should be a different tone than the Nolan movies. Not knocking Nolan's take on it (I have my problems with it, that's for another tirade) but I think it would really be pointless to just do another three movies with a Nolan imitator, though I'm afraid in the current movie climate they might try to do that.

I personally would like to see something more cartoony - not like Schumacher, but more like a live action B:TAS. The Batman universe (IMO) has an inherently surreal, larger-than-life quality to it, yet with some darkness to balance it out, and I would really like to see that represented in a film.

Invisiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 AM   #86
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I want Hugo Strange as a main villain for the next series. I would also love to include more of the bat family.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #87
batworld
New User - Level 0

Hello,

Im a new member.

Ive heard that Antonio Sabato Jr could play Batman in a next movie (pictures below). Would you have some news about it (which film maker and scenario, etc)? I love his resemblance and sport training. I think the last stories in movies had flatness.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/1706/a...jrisbatman.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/5506/34045.jpg

Thanks in advance.

batworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #88
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I'd also love a semi sort of origin story like we got in the killing joke, he becomes red hood before.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #89
The Hyena
Spagett!

I realize it would be interesting to see Solo Antagonists this time around, but I think having multiple villains in one film really helps the fans be satisfied. That being said, without repeating what's already been said, I think we have Batman start off already Batman, he's been working with petty crime and it's not until this film that he faces off against his true first villain. (hopefully Mr. Freeze) In the first film you could also see someone like the Penguin toying with the political side of things, in the role of a mob boss rather than a man obsessed with birds. At the end of the first film we could see the beginnings of the Robin character.
By the second film, Robin is now a full fledged bad ass sidekick, helping Batman fight the crime Gotham is infested with. In this film I'd like to see the Riddler and Black Mask, Black Mask could take the spot of Cobblepot in the secondary role while Riddler is the main antagonist, performing gritty puzzles and labrynths that also have a comic book flare to it. At the end/middle of this film, a brief scene where Black Masks thugs push a man masked in a red hood into a vat of acid.
Third and final film, we have the Joker. I'd really like to see this because it gives the opportunity to kill off Robin which will create an inner turmoil in Batman, and show us that the Joker, as the final villain, is Batman's true arch-nemesis. This could parallel to the DKR in the fact that Batman breaks, though this time not physically but psychologically due to the Joker's torment.

Additional note, I think the Joker, along with all the other villains, would need a redesign. Something more comical than the DK trilogy but also more realistic and gritty than the comics themselves. Just a starting idea for the Joker was that when falling into the acid vat, his face is horribly scarred, so rather than having the white face, red lips, he wears the mask of an ever smiling clown, with a disgusting and deformed face underneath. Just a thought.

The Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #90
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Regardless of what they do for the reboot, there are two things that I want them to keep from the Nolan films:

1) I want the reboot to be just as dark as the Nolan films were - no campy or family friendly tone. Batman works the best when he is dark. Keep the dark tone that Nolan got right.

2) Keep the intelligence and complexity of the Nolan films. This means a story with tons of twists, tons of things that challenge you, great character development, good and strong themes, and with philoshopical/psychological arguments added in.

These two things are crucial to a Batman franchise and are part of what makes Batman who he is.

I heard some people say they can't do this because the reboot would get bashed for copying Nolan but I don't really see how the reboot keeping these 2 things means that it's copying Nolan. Nolan did not create dark tones and intelligent & complex stories with good character development. These things have been around for a long time. Heck, a lot of Batman stories in the comics have had the same dark tone as the Nolan films and the same level of intelligence and complexity along with philoshopical/psychological added in (example: The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween). These are not things Nolan brought to Batman but things Nolan adapted from Batman. I also heard some people say the tone shouldn't be as dark and serious and then proceeded to say they want a more fictional/cartoony setting with costumes more like the comics. I don't see how these are related in any way. You can have a fantasy based setting with costumes like the comics and still keep the dark serious tone and the quality stories of the Nolan films. Many Batman related stories did this in the past. Best examples are Batman TAS, The Dark Knight Returns, The Long Halloween, No Man's Land, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, etc.

For me, the best versions of the Batman universe are those that combine the realism with the fantasy aspects. Basically a world where Batman fights off mobsters, criminals, and all other crime-drama related types of people while still existing in a universe where people like Mr Freeze, Clayface, and Solomon Grundy can exist. Gotham City looks gothic but not Burton gothic, like someone else already said. It looks similar to the Gotham found in Batman TAS, the Arkham games, and The Long Halloween.

That's what I personally hope the reboot will have. It's time to combine the best elements from all Batman adaptations to make a great reboot .

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
A lot of Dark Victory should be adapted
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
^^Dark Victory is one of my favorite Batman stories! So yeah, Dark Victory should be adapted.
Dark Victory should be adapted in a way that it can be spread out for an entire trilogy. Have it focus on Bruce Wayne but also Dick Grayson and the trials of Batman needing a sidekick for his quest and Dick Grayson coming to terms about his parents, the murderer and him finally becoming Robin.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #92
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batworld View Post
I’ve heard that Antonio Sabato Jr could play Batman in a next movie (pictures below). Would you have some news about it (which film maker and scenario, etc…)?

Ponyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #93
Invader Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
- No origin

- No Joker, Two-Face, Bane or the al Ghuls
ARE YOU CRAZY!? Batman is nothing without the Joker, you can't make a trilogy of Batman withouth the Joker, that would be like making cake without eggs.

Invader Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #94
shauner111
Side-Kick

Batman is nothing without the Joker? You know nothing. Joker is nothing without Batman, not the other way around. Unless that last sentence means that u were jk. lol.

Joker needs to be mentioned in the next series. But I prefer if we never see him (for at least 3 films) but we hear of him. Batman has had battles with him in the past, maybe he's on the loose, or locked up in Arkham for the time being, but we dont need joker for a while. There's PLENTY of villains to do before we start repeating the ones Nolan utilized.

I dont like the idea of doing a trilogy with the same villain. Joker or someone else. It's repetitive. It's bloody hard creating a trilogy with different villains each time, and keeping the quality high. It would be impossible creating a trilogy with the exact same villain without stumbling on the same things over and over. Fanboys aren't the biggest percentage seeing these movies. The general audience would get sick of it after 1 or 2 movies i'm sure.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #95
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Out of boredom I was watching The Spirit (stupid movie btw) and if it wasn't for the actor Gabriel Macht being 40 years old, he's actually 2 years older than Bale and I'm assuming WB needs an actor in their late 20's early 30's for the reboot that Gabriel would've been pretty decent as Batman, since he was narrating in The Spirit he does have a deep masculine voice without having to growl like Bale.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote