The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 09-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
gingerhulk
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJStephens View Post
I'm planning on casting them in hard plastic. I'm considering getting some cold cast metal powder but haven't decided yet.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

gingerhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #77
Loviatar
Side-Kick

ghastly ghoul, i have no words. just... bravo.

bread warrior i am with you on the coat, the banepants one may be more affordable but it lacks the look of a high quality coat. the one banewagon has.. it's got the right kind of drape, which means it falls right.. it's not too stiff and it looks like you dont need to modify it to make it more screen accurate.

Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #78
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Nice work Ghastly. You should do a shot similar to the first photo that was released of Bane. I always thought that was one of the best and instantly cemented in my mind that Hardy had the physical presence to be Bane and not just the acting ability. Seeing Warrior only furthered that opinion.

Also.. to ask again. I own a Roids mask which is made out of latex. Material opinions aside on latex vs urethane. Can anyone give me some tips on darkening the mask? This would be a first for me painting a latex mask with such detail and no room for screwing up. Any tips would be appreciated. Tools, Paint, Methods etc.

Last edited by ShaneHelms; 09-22-2012 at 02:18 PM.
ShaneHelms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #79
BREAD WARRIOR
Side-Kick

Loviatar, since you're our resident leather expert, is there anyway to stiffen leather. Like for the coat, if a collar isn't stiff enough to support itself and to stick up, is there anyway to make it able to do that? Or atleast improve it to a degree?

BREAD WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #80
Opiate
Side-Kick

Well I picked up some modeling clay and a few tools yesterday. So far so good. I've never worked with it before, so it's taking a little bit to get the hang of. I'm just trying to get the proportions and such in relation to my face done at the moment so it's not exactly pretty lol.

Opiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #81
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here are pics from the side and back. You can see the seam on the side :/ so I need to figure out how to remove that. Maybe a dremel? If anyone has any experience with that sort of thing, I'd definitely appreciate advice! The back is a little jagged - not a problem with the mask itself - I just need to work on my skills with an exacto knife. Hopefully I'll get better with practice. And yeah, I'm planning on selling a few.

looking great man. If all is well and the price is right i might hav to snag me one of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghastly Ghoul View Post
Here a few of new pictures I got the other night!

looking great

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAD WARRIOR View Post
Figured I'd post what I just noticed about Bane's coat. The last few times I've watched the movie, I've mainly been looking at Bane's coat and how it fits, it's weight, collar, color and length and it's flow. One of the details I've noticed is that the buttons on the collar aren't present in a lot of scenes. Like when he is giving his speech on the tumbler, they aren't there but in the football scene just prior they are.

Another thing is, it seems like the coat is very lightweight, which is one thing I think the BanePants coat is lacking. It honestly looks too heavy and not thin enough. And I think the one Banewagon has nails that perfectly (along with the color). But I'm only judging from the pictures I've seen of the coat. Anyone with the BanePants coat have any opinion on how the weight is? That honestly is what's holding me back on commiting to it. The color could be altered fairly easily and the collar I think mimmicks the real one perfect. Same with the length. But the weight would obviously be next to impossible to alter.
how many times have you seen the movie, just out of curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
Well I picked up some modeling clay and a few tools yesterday. So far so good. I've never worked with it before, so it's taking a little bit to get the hang of. I'm just trying to get the proportions and such in relation to my face done at the moment so it's not exactly pretty lol.

looking great- cant wait to see

pisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #82
BREAD WARRIOR
Side-Kick

A lot haha. In the theater only about 4 times (if you know what I mean).

BREAD WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #83
KGC
Newbie First Class

Good work!
We advise you to use a dremel, so you can remove that line, then once you get past the primer sperisce each track, as you have already asked, what do you use for pipes? Epoxy resin?
If you think a good price for a prendertene, I'm curious to see it complete!

If you can do some pictures closer to the mask, in all positions, so you can see fine details! Thank you very much!

Quote:
Here are pics from the side and back. You can see the seam on the side :/ so I need to figure out how to remove that. Maybe a dremel? If anyone has any experience with that sort of thing, I'd definitely appreciate advice! The back is a little jagged - not a problem with the mask itself - I just need to work on my skills with an exacto knife. Hopefully I'll get better with practice. And yeah, I'm planning on selling a few.

Last edited by KGC; 09-22-2012 at 06:29 PM.
KGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #84
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Asking yet again. I own a Roids mask which is made out of latex. Material opinions aside on latex vs urethane. Can anyone give me some tips on darkening the mask? This would be a first for me painting a latex mask with such detail and no room for screwing up. Any tips would be appreciated. Tools, Paint, Methods etc.

Come on guys. I've seen some of you throw some great knowledge out on this kind of work. I know someone must have some insight on what i can do to paint this baby before Halloween rolls around. Help a fellow Bane out.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #85
Loviatar
Side-Kick

bread warrior...well.. hm.. if we're talking about a collar your best bet is probably to make small slits in the lining and insert some supports.
it's not really possible to stiffen up the type of leather that is used for garments.. the method with which it is tanned... it chemically alters it so it will not react the same way as other leathers. unfortunately the only way to make it less soft is to basically ruin it, and i will not explain how to do that (it's a bad idea) ...i'd say inserting some interfacing or something between the lining and exterior leather would be the most simple solution.

shane, i've only painted on latex prosthetics, personally, so my suggestions might not be the best, but if you have no ideas you could always use liquid latex. you run the risk of losing the smooth texture if you are not careful. with liquid latex i have mixed acrylic paint in, or various other colorants... grease face paint, paint pigments, or eyeshadow. if you use liquid latex you can get it in clear and it will dry sticky, which is great for using pigment powders since it will let them stick without losing their luster (great for shiney stuff). i like searching the cheap makeup aisle at walgreens for colors since you can get a wide assortment of good metallics for very little money.

i also found this... http://www.monstermakers.com/categor...olorants.html/ which is specifically for painting on cast latex masks.. might be your best bet? if you are not in love with the colors remember you can mix things in. it looks like it is just liquid latex mixed with acrylic paint though, so you could probably do that on your own. liquid latex will be very sticky though, so again i will say it is a good idea to find an eyeshadow that will match the color you want, and some transparent powder as well (baby powder will make things look pale).
i like using small torn up sponges to apply liquid latex- you have to change them out often, otherwise you get clumpy weirdness going on. at some craft stores you can get packs of them on handles in the stenciling section.

i went to target today to help my friend pick up supplies for a group costume we're doing and while there i found the child-size bane mask. hilariously bad. it fit my head but it was awful. also smelled like the inside of a new car on a hot day.

Last edited by Loviatar; 09-22-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #86
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAD WARRIOR View Post
A lot haha. In the theater only about 4 times (if you know what I mean).
i am guilty of the same...If you know what i mean

Old 09-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #87
Loviatar
Side-Kick

i'm horrible and have only seen it once. nobody wants to go with me and i cannot bring myself to go alone.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #88
Luckyslev
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
i'm horrible and have only seen it once. nobody wants to go with me and i cannot bring myself to go alone.
I've seen it twice, and I'm dying to go again before it's out of the theaters, but I have the same problem as you, no one wants to go with me and I don't want to go alone

Luckyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #89
Loviatar
Side-Kick

lucky, sounds like you and me got a date!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #90
Luckyslev
That one guy

you know it!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #91
Rdmaul
I Break Backs!

Wow not only a costume thread but dating service too! That's cute lol!

Rdmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #92
Luckyslev
That one guy

haha well...anyways. I stumbled across this guy's progress on a Bane mask and I thought his take was pretty interesting, but it is turning out quite well IMO.

Source: http://instagram.com/p/P6A5NOuyxy/

Last edited by Luckyslev; 09-23-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 AM   #93
Loviatar
Side-Kick

i know this is slightly off topic but there does not seem to be a good place to ask anywhere else... anyone on here have a face shell they want to get rid of? like the kind used under a spiderman mask. eye frames would be awesome too. i've suddenly become responsible for an agent venom mask (essentially a black spiderman mask) and i need to get it done in the next 18 days. crap.

to bring it back to bane, check out this mish-mash bane i found from dragon con. i like the idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired. i kinda wish he has used the classic bane color scheme on the new bane mask.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #94
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyslev View Post
I've seen it twice, and I'm dying to go again before it's out of the theaters, but I have the same problem as you, no one wants to go with me and I don't want to go alone
haha ikr i waanna see it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdmaul View Post
Wow not only a costume thread but dating service too! That's cute lol!
ikr

Quote:
i know this is slightly off topic but there does not seem to be a good place to ask anywhere else... anyone on here have a face shell they want to get rid of? like the kind used under a spiderman mask. eye frames would be awesome too. i've suddenly become responsible for an agent venom mask (essentially a black spiderman mask) and i need to get it done in the next 18 days. crap.

to bring it back to bane, check out this mish-mash bane i found from dragon con. i like the idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired. i kinda wish he has used the classic bane color scheme on the new bane mask.

thats awesome

Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #95
ED-E

Could anyone who has any knowlegde about the pants and coat from banepants.com give me some pointers on their sizing. I can't figure out what I should go with. Like I said im 198cm and 102kg. not skinny, not huge. I would really appreciate if you took the time to give me some advice. I'm afraid that they will be sold out soon :/

Thanks

ED-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #96
MJStephens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGC View Post
Good work!
We advise you to use a dremel, so you can remove that line, then once you get past the primer sperisce each track, as you have already asked, what do you use for pipes? Epoxy resin?
If you think a good price for a prendertene, I'm curious to see it complete!

If you can do some pictures closer to the mask, in all positions, so you can see fine details! Thank you very much!
Hey, thanks for the advice. What type of dremel attachent would you suggest for use on a shore A hardness 40 uretrhane rubber? For the pipes, I have urethane resin. I'll get some close up shots ofthe mask and get them posted a little later today.

MJStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #97
Vikinghammer87

Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I'm renting a Bane costume for Halloween from a local costume shop. The mask is great, the owner ordered it from some movie fx company and cost 300.00. He has decent Bane pants and good boots. The issue I have is with the vest he is making. It looks good for what it is but it's not accurate at all. I was wondering if anyone on here is selling or know somebody that is selling a close-to-accurate looking vest. I looked on ebay and the price is a little too steep. Thanks.

Vikinghammer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Quote:
shane, i've only painted on latex prosthetics, personally, so my suggestions might not be the best, but if you have no ideas you could always use liquid latex. you run the risk of losing the smooth texture if you are not careful. with liquid latex i have mixed acrylic paint in, or various other colorants... grease face paint, paint pigments, or eyeshadow. if you use liquid latex you can get it in clear and it will dry sticky, which is great for using pigment powders since it will let them stick without losing their luster (great for shiney stuff). i like searching the cheap makeup aisle at walgreens for colors since you can get a wide assortment of good metallics for very little money.

i also found this... http://www.monstermakers.com/categor...olorants.html/ which is specifically for painting on cast latex masks.. might be your best bet? if you are not in love with the colors remember you can mix things in. it looks like it is just liquid latex mixed with acrylic paint though, so you could probably do that on your own. liquid latex will be very sticky though, so again i will say it is a good idea to find an eyeshadow that will match the color you want, and some transparent powder as well (baby powder will make things look pale).
i like using small torn up sponges to apply liquid latex- you have to change them out often, otherwise you get clumpy weirdness going on. at some craft stores you can get packs of them on handles in the stenciling section.
Thanks for the tips brother. I'm going to try and work on it this week. We'll see how it turns out.

Old 09-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #99
pisker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinghammer87 View Post
Hi guys I'm new to the forum. I'm renting a Bane costume for Halloween from a local costume shop. The mask is great, the owner ordered it from some movie fx company and cost 300.00. He has decent Bane pants and good boots. The issue I have is with the vest he is making. It looks good for what it is but it's not accurate at all. I was wondering if anyone on here is selling or know somebody that is selling a close-to-accurate looking vest. I looked on ebay and the price is a little too steep. Thanks.
hey post some picks

Old 09-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #100
Vikinghammer87

Last edited by Vikinghammer87; 09-23-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Vikinghammer87 is offline   Reply With Quote