The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 08-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

Default Re: Winter Soldier: Bionic arm or not?

i say no to domino mask.
i think splinter cell/metal gear solid googles should be the way to go. In the context of the scene the goggles get damaged or there's a flash/flashbang and Bucky take them off.
Cap - "Bucky?"
WS - "Who the hell is Bucky?"

Charlie Hunnam/Iron Fist
Hugh Dancy/Mr. FantasticClive Owen/Dr. Strange
Simon Baker/Hank PymJon Hamm/Frank Castle

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:11 AM   #52
SingItWithMeNow
Side-Kick

Long hair!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0fy892EMgP...T+S01E17+2.png

SingItWithMeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #53
The Epic Beyond
Side-Kick

There's no reason not to have a robotic arm. Iron Man has a full suit of armor. One robotic body part isn't that out there. My only thought would be to make a though different than the comics, where it looks like he borrowed it from colossus or cable. Winter Solder should look a little more mechanical and less technorganic

The Epic Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #54
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
He totally should. Its a big part of the character
I agreed.

That's like Cap with no STAR on his chest.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #55
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I agreed.

That's like Cap with no STAR on his chest.
Granted, Cap has had his star on his chest for over 70 years--so it has reached iconic status. WS has been around for less than 10 years, so the bionic arm isn't as important as Cap's star. Still, it would be awesome.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #56
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yes to bionic arm. He lost it falling off that train.

However, they should be careful with how they do the cyborg Coldblood in IM3 to be sure he's completely different than Winter Soldier. I'd prefer no one have to end up comparing the two.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #57
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Just re-watched it, he appears to have both arms attached, but having the arm severed (or vaporized) would have been a nice touch. Bionic arm either way, some line about frostbite or whatever.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
Changeling
Banned User

A million times yes, we need the long hair and the bionic arm. The domino mask would be cool, but he didnt wear it as Bucky why would he need it as Winter Soldier?

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #59
Changeling
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Yes to bionic arm. He lost it falling off that train.

However, they should be careful with how they do the cyborg Coldblood in IM3 to be sure he's completely different than Winter Soldier. I'd prefer no one have to end up comparing the two.
Youre full of awesome ideas dude.

What about when he fell off that train he was able to grab something on the way of falling but the force of the fall ****ed up his arm? Does that make sense? I did a bad job of explaining that

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #60
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

or a slab of sharp ice tore it clean off when he landed

Charlie Hunnam/Iron Fist
Hugh Dancy/Mr. FantasticClive Owen/Dr. Strange
Simon Baker/Hank PymJon Hamm/Frank Castle

Steve Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #61
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
Cap - "Bucky?"
WS - "Who the hell is Bucky?"
This right here is the most important quote from the entire Winter Soldier storyline. It really nails exactly what's transpired, and just how completely brainwashed Bucky is. I hope they keep it in the movie.

As for the bionic arm, it's tricky. One one hand, it's basically THE staple of the character, red star and all. On the other, is pretty "out there" by conventional movie standards, especially considering how it looks (ribbed silver). I mean, how do you make that work realistically without changing it to something more "RoboCop-y?"

Regardless, I have faith that they'll nail his look, as Marvel always has with its characters. Hopefully the script follows suite.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #62
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

to put it simply, yes, because it's an iconic part of his physical character, there is nothing else to it, nothing to think deeply, and consider things. Its a part of his character, they need to do it. Period

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #63
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
This right here is the most important quote from the entire Winter Soldier storyline. It really nails exactly what's transpired, and just how completely brainwashed Bucky is. I hope they keep it in the movie.

As for the bionic arm, it's tricky. One one hand, it's basically THE staple of the character, red star and all. On the other, is pretty "out there" by conventional movie standards, especially considering how it looks (ribbed silver). I mean, how do you make that work realistically without changing it to something more "RoboCop-y?"

Regardless, I have faith that they'll nail his look, as Marvel always has with its characters. Hopefully the script follows suite.
Make it like the destroyer from Thor, Or just Iron Man-ish if that's still too out there I suppose.

Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #64
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

There's no end of ways they can do it. It's an arm and its a machine. That is all.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #65
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Yes to the bionic arm.

and this thread needs a poll.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #66
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

literally, why wouldnt they do the bionic arm

Old 09-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #67
marcvader
Lurker #1

I guess people forget this will be set in the MCU. Who know?

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #68
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I think the mask would work. He is pretty much going to be a villain in this film, so it will add a bit of mystery (to those in the movie and people who don't know who WS is). I'm sure by the end of the film the mask will be off and the 'big reveal' of it being Bucky will be a "shock" to the characters and movie-goers.

Even if he is in a future movie I think should keep it as whatever he does would probably be top secret and a mystery to the public(whether its for good or he gets away and does his own thing). That would give reason to keep the mask as to not being identified.

I would like to see the Bionic Arm but I won't be surprised if they don't use it. Maybe his arm gets damaged in this movie if SHIELD actually captures him they fix him up with the robo-arm.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #69
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
There's no end of ways they can do it. It's an arm and its a machine. That is all.

I like that. What's it from, Cant tell.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #70
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I think the mask would work. He is pretty much going to be a villain in this film, so it will add a bit of mystery (to those in the movie and people who don't know who WS is). I'm sure by the end of the film the mask will be off and the 'big reveal' of it being Bucky will be a "shock" to the characters and movie-goers.

Even if he is in a future movie I think should keep it as whatever he does would probably be top secret and a mystery to the public(whether its for good or he gets away and does his own thing). That would give reason to keep the mask as to not being identified.

I would like to see the Bionic Arm but I won't be surprised if they don't use it. Maybe his arm gets damaged in this movie if SHIELD actually captures him they fix him up with the robo-arm.
Finding out that Winter Soldier is actually Bucky would be a "shock" to exactly no one in the audience. His name is already in the title, and every geek or wannabe geek in the theater will have told everyone within listening distance that Bucky is the Winter Soldier. It'll only be a surprise to Cap and the rest of the characters.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #71
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

I think the domino mask works. Winter Soldier is a complete weirdo, after all. He's been systematically brainwashed for 70 years after receiving a massive head injury. It'd be weird if eccentricity didn't come included. It even makes sense in the context of the story. Captain America is known to history as the world's first super hero. It would stand to reason that Bucky is remembered in history as his side kick, and the mask would be his demented way of mocking the concept.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #72
Banshee
Side-Kick

Can totally see them going a mix of a heavily damaged arm with robotic components woven in to fix it. It will look robotic with a bit of organic mixed in, but don't expect it to be the strips of metal that are marvel staple for cybernetic limbs ; see cable, forge, etc. cue 90% of this board having a temper tantrum until the film comes out, then they realize it works just fine.

My life is most likely better than yours.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post

A bionic arm worked fine in I, Robot where Will Smith only reveals halfway through the movie that he actually has a bionic arm (and that's the reason why he hates robots as well).

I think it wouldn't seem too hokey at all in this movie. Why should it, when the whole genre is about people with super powers?

As for the domino mask, I think he needs something at least to prevent Cap from instantly recognising him at first.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #74
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post

I would go a two shock system. No bionic arm at first. He battles Cap, Cap uses the shield, beats him down with it and ends up removing his arm. He unmasks him, revealing he's Bucky. Crossbones or whoever attacks, retrieves WS, takes him back to HYDRAs base or whatever. Steve is distraught, emotional, etc. They meet and fight again, WS is nonstop attacking him, reveals the bionic arm (think the fight in the tunnel from I, Robot).

You get the emotional "surprise" early, and the action surprise late.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #75
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I would go a two shock system. No bionic arm at first. He battles Cap, Cap uses the shield, beats him down with it and ends up removing his arm. He unmasks him, revealing he's Bucky. Crossbones or whoever attacks, retrieves WS, takes him back to HYDRAs base or whatever. Steve is distraught, emotional, etc. They meet and fight again, WS is nonstop attacking him, reveals the bionic arm (think the fight in the tunnel from I, Robot).

You get the emotional "surprise" early, and the action surprise late.
I think you should get the action surprise first when Cap is battling WS. That will make him less likely to think it's Bucky. Then, when he does unmask him, the horror of the situation will hit him when he realises what they've done to Bucky. If nothing has been done in terms of mutilation and arm replacement, then it's not as big a horror to Cap.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote