The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh77 View Post
Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can watch the 90 minute documentary for the avengers? I don't have the movie as you can see.
I had aleady placed my order with Amazon and then I walk into a Target to find out their DVD/BR have an exclusive bonus disc, I hate when that happens.

Anyone who bought Target's version is the bonus disc worth it?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #27
xage
Side-Kick

Avengers Blu-Ray with Slipcover

Avengers Costco Exclusive Collectible Cards

FYE Tote Bag

Disney Store Marvel Certified Lithographs

Walmart Graphic Novel Gift Set

Bestbuy Viva Metal Box

Besbuy Gift Set

Target Blu-ray 3d Exclusive

Target Blu-ray Exclusive

XAGE's USA Released Avengers Collection

xage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #28
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Caught some of it at the store earlier, and Hulk really is seamless in his shots. Usually when **** gets to HD you can kind of see the CG much more blatant, but they did a good job.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #29
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
ticks me off you need a damned credit card for the FREE itunes and FREE second screen app.

If it's FREE why the hell do you need a card of ANY kind?
I don't know what you did wrong on the digital soundtrack download but I didn't need a credit card to redeem it. Did you go to http://www.avengersassembleoffer.com/ & type in your code? The most I had to do was type in the code, then my DOB, name & email address & that was it & then downloaded the soundtrack in the form of a zip file.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #30
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
********. The blacks on this disc don't come near the image quality of the blacks on the Tron Legacy disc. Not even close.
You're right about the black levels on Tron Legacy, but there's a lot of color banding.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 09-27-2012 at 02:56 AM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 AM   #31
Optimus27932
Side-Kick

Quote:
Um I think the first few days at Wally World, but they have a different set than best buy and Target
Ok, now i need to see which is the best set to buy.Any suggestions anyone who has bought certain copies or have diff sets from diff stores?

Optimus27932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 AM   #32
Adamantium
Your King

Arrgh! I haven't got a BluRay player yet. So I thought I'll just enjoy the DVD for now. The only thing that bothers me is that the EXCLUSIVE 90 MINUTE from TARGET is on BluRay. Why would they do that? Who has to see this in BluRay format...it's a documentary folks?

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Arrgh! I haven't got a BluRay player yet. So I thought I'll just enjoy the DVD for now. The only thing that bothers me is that the EXCLUSIVE 90 MINUTE from TARGET is on BluRay. Why would they do that? Who has to see this in BluRay format...it's a documentary folks?
Ah, but it's a High-Def documentary. Welcome to the 21st Century. Just about EVERYTHING is in HD nowadays.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #34
jrd550
He who is him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus27932 View Post
Ok, now i need to see which is the best set to buy.Any suggestions anyone who has bought certain copies or have diff sets from diff stores?
I got the Target exclusive with the bonus disc and given that the regular disc is so low on extras I'm glad I did.

jrd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #35
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Has anyone else received a price drop email from amazon? It seems they're "refunding" $5 because of their pre-order price guarantee. I'm just kind of surprised, because the only copy I got from Amazon was the free bluray for missing out on the box set. Free five bucks is cool

Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #36
Adamantium
Your King

I've asked in a couple of spots and they may have not even been seen, so that's okay. Is it not allowed to be discussed?

How can I take parts of my DVDs and make a video with scenes from different movies and make a video? Like you see a video of marvel movies that a fan made on YouTube. How are they ripping their DVDs to make these? Is there a specific software to buy or for free online you use? I really want to make some stuff and I just want to get some real advice from someone here who may know.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #37
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Man I wish there was a download for the second screen for my laptop WITHOUT the need for a freaking credit Card.
That's my biggest gripe right now. It's b.s. that you need to give apple your card # for a FREE program.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #38
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I've asked in a couple of spots and they may have not even been seen, so that's okay. Is it not allowed to be discussed?

How can I take parts of my DVDs and make a video with scenes from different movies and make a video? Like you see a video of marvel movies that a fan made on YouTube. How are they ripping their DVDs to make these? Is there a specific software to buy or for free online you use? I really want to make some stuff and I just want to get some real advice from someone here who may know.
Well the player I used to watch my dvds on my laptop is called VLC media player, Not sure there's a way to record/play blurays the same way.
The VLC player allows recording from dvds and editting like you want BUT most deleted/extended scenes are for the most part on blurays that I can't get onto my laptop.

EDIT and note, make sure your computer can HANDLE playing dvds first.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Last edited by Vartha; 09-27-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #39
jrd550
He who is him

If you are on a Mac and have the DVD version you can probably use something like Mac the ripper to get the files off the DVD and then edit them in iMovie. Not sure though. Maybe try a forum on fanedit.org ?

jrd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Man I wish there was a download for the second screen for my laptop WITHOUT the need for a freaking credit Card.
That's my biggest gripe right now. It's b.s. that you need to give apple your card # for a FREE program.
There is the web version of the app on the official site: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie (left hand column select Second Screen Experience, then select "Using a Mac or a PC?" in the window that pops up). My only issue with that is that no matter what you're prompted to sync via either BD-Live if your BR player is enabled for it (which mine isn't) or via an Audio sync (which for some reason, no matter how many times I try, how loud I have my stereo system, how non-existant ambient noise is, the app and/or my laptop isn't able to sync). What makes it more annoying, is that when you look at the FAQs (and I think even the Blu-Ray itself makes mention of this) indicates there should also be an option to do a manual sync (this is what I've done in the past for movies like Tron: Legacy, POTC 4, etc...) - unless I'm blind, there's not a manual sync option anywhere on the web app. It's only via BD-Live or Audio

I've emailed the support address they indicated in the FAQs detailing my annoyance and distress at this.

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 09-27-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #41
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
I don't know what you did wrong on the digital soundtrack download but I didn't need a credit card to redeem it. Did you go to http://www.avengersassembleoffer.com/ & type in your code? The most I had to do was type in the code, then my DOB, name & email address & that was it & then downloaded the soundtrack in the form of a zip file.
No, there's a "Second Screen app" that runs on your laptop or Iphone at the same time the Bluray plays. (shows SHIELD files and exclusive second screen files)
In order to DOWNLOAD that second screen app, you need a danged credit card, I don't have any kind of card and don't WANT one.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #42
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Well the player I used to watch my dvds on my laptop is called VLC media player, Not sure there's a way to record/play blurays the same way.
The VLC player allows recording from dvds and editting like you want BUT most deleted/extended scenes are for the most part on blurays that I can't get onto my laptop.

EDIT and note, make sure your computer can HANDLE playing dvds first.

I'll look into this. I just have my home computer that plays DVDs through Windows Media Player. Is a VLC player something you download or buy? Or did that come on your laptop? I'll google too and look up info on VLC. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #43
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd550 View Post
If you are on a Mac and have the DVD version you can probably use something like Mac the ripper to get the files off the DVD and then edit them in iMovie. Not sure though. Maybe try a forum on fanedit.org ?
I'll try that forum too. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #44
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

That's the thing tho, I don't have internet at home, so I can't even use the site version, if it DID work.

To ME it's the fact they say "FREE" when it costs US our card/personal information. That's NOT free no matter how you look at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
There is the web version of the app on the official site: http://marvel.com/avengers_movie (left hand column select Second Screen Experience, then select "Using a Mac or a PC?" in the window that pops up). My only issue with that is that no matter what you're prompted to sync via either BD-Live if your BR player is enabled for it (which mine isn't) or via an Audio sync (which for some reason, no matter how many times I try, how loud I have my stereo system, how non-existant ambient noise is, the app and/or my laptop isn't able to sync). What makes it more annoying, is that when you look at the FAQs (and I think even the Blu-Ray itself makes mention of this) indicates there should also be an option to do a manual sync (this is what I've done in the past for movies like Tron: Legacy, POTC 4, etc...) - unless I'm blind, there's not a manual sync option anywhere on the web app. It's only via BD-Live or Audio

I've emailed the support address they indicated in the FAQs detailing my annoyance and distress at this.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #45
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I'll look into this. I just have my home computer that plays DVDs through Windows Media Player. Is a VLC player something you download or buy? Or did that come on your laptop? I'll google too and look up info on VLC. Thanks.
It's a free player, tho I tried playing the digital copy for the media player yesterday and it was all digitized. Might need an update for the VLC, but it plays fine in regular media player.
The vlc wouldn't play my Bats Begins or Darknight about amonth ago, but I updated it and now they do so who knows?

Try Cnet for a download.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #46
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimmings View Post
Has anyone else received a price drop email from amazon? It seems they're "refunding" $5 because of their pre-order price guarantee. I'm just kind of surprised, because the only copy I got from Amazon was the free bluray for missing out on the box set. Free five bucks is cool
Yep, I received that same email. The funny thing is I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! lol The one that was sent to me was the free one since I had pre-ordered the Phase 1 set. So I got The Avengers for free, and now I'm getting a $5 refund. Amazon is awesome.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #47
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Yep, I received that same email. The funny thing is I DIDN'T PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE! lol The one that was sent to me was the free one since I had pre-ordered the Phase 1 set. So I got The Avengers for free, and now I'm getting a $5 refund. Amazon is awesome.
Yeah saw the pm! NICE set!!

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #48
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Joss commentary is pretty damn funny lol.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #49
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
It's a free player, tho I tried playing the digital copy for the media player yesterday and it was all digitized. Might need an update for the VLC, but it plays fine in regular media player.
The vlc wouldn't play my Bats Begins or Darknight about amonth ago, but I updated it and now they do so who knows?

Try Cnet for a download.
I will Roger that.

You're not or know of another member taking on a squadron dowm on Sixth...right?

Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #50
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I will Roger that.

You're not or know of another member taking on a squadron dowm on Sixth...right?
lol na, but I AM a Security Officer with a Corp. Ranking lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011