The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #201
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Default Re: The Best, The Worst of Smallville

ERica Durance has been my favorite Lois behind Dana Delaney, if that counts. Not sure what show you were watching.

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #202
Johnny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover View Post
Erica D is still the worst, as her Lois was stupid, dumb, and slept her way into the DP, not only once but twice. And that she and Tom has zero chemistry, and had acting stiles so out of touch made it laughable, and sad.
The only laughable and sad thing here is this comment. It's the same old nonsense that just spews out of morons' mouths. Sad indeed.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #203
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover View Post
Erica D is still the worst, as her Lois was stupid, dumb, and slept her way into the DP, not only once but twice. And that she and Tom has zero chemistry, and had acting stiles so out of touch made it laughable, and sad.

Number 2, that Welling didn't care about the character or his role in history was a total shame. That he couldn't act only adds to that shame.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #204
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
ERica Durance has been my favorite Lois behind Dana Delaney, if that counts. Not sure what show you were watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
The only laughable and sad thing here is this comment. It's the same old nonsense that just spews out of morons' mouths. Sad indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
this. I'm not even in the mood to argue with redrover on how he/she is wrong. just hope the door doesn't hit him/her on the way out.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #205
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
It sounds like the talking points I hear over at TWOP

I would love to hear somebody who explains she slept her way to the DP, give canon proof on the show she did(ie they can't)

Last edited by SV Fan; 09-27-2012 at 04:36 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #206
Johnny
Side-Kick

To me some people act like that just to be pricks. I'm not saying anyone shouldn't dislike Lois, I'm a huge fan of hers and even to me there were some times when she was unlikeable. But this "she slept her way to the top" is so incredibly stupid, tired and false, that at this point it's just laughable. It shows that people who use it have no arguments to support their claim whatsoever and just do it to act like jerks. Lois was hired by that jackass Grant because of her work and investigations for The Inquisitor, not because he found her attractive. I kinda understand when people complain that it took Chloe so much effort to get a job at the DP, and Lois got it so fast, but that had nothing to do with the fact that she started seeing that guy. This didn't happen until later on. And "to the top"? Did he promote her as his assistant or something? She remained in the basement for the rest of the series. No matter how you try to look at it, this saying just makes no sense. I can't take people seriously when they still say retarded stuff like that.

Last edited by Johnny; 09-27-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #207
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
But this "she slept her way to the top" is so incredibly stupid, tired and false, that at this point it's just laughable. It shows that people who use it have no arguments to support their claim whatsoever...
Yeah I never get it myself, it just sounds like a comment I would expect out of a jealous catty preteen trying to put down somebody they hate even thought he comment isn't backed up by actual facts. I mean honestly their is many ways you can attack all characters on the show using actual show canon, why make up something to try prove your point.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #208
chumchees
Side-Kick

Lois was the only woman I liked on the show. But she was still portrayed as dumb on many occasions. Almost 90% of her time on this show she was never part of the main storyline. And her and Clarks journalism careers were very poorly handled. Clarks more so than Lois'.

chumchees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #209
Johnny
Side-Kick

Lois' lack of character development in her initial seasons wasn't totally the producers' fault. For a long time they were severely restricted in how to use her character. They couldn't put her in the DP or give her any journalistic endeavors, they couldn't get her and Clark to be closer. It wasn't until the last few seasons where those restrictions were lifted and they were free to do more with her. I think it was mainly because of Superman Returns, which to this day I find no logic in. That's a movie and Smallville is a TV show. What difference does it make if you have Lois being a reporter in both the movie and the show, everyone knows Lois Lane as the intrepid reporter anyway. DC's restrictions especially when it came to Lois or her and Clark's initial acquaintance never made any sense to me. It's one thing to restrict having Bruce and Diana on the show, but to not allow Lois be more active and important castmember? That's retarded.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #210
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I know the show really made viewers suspend their belief several times, but the one thing that always bothered me was how the show was trying to play off that Green Arrow was an effective crime fighter with his given arsenal and resources.

I mean, the character always only had three arrows...THREE ARROWS with him, while having a small dart/mini arrow gun as well. Not to mention, he didn't wear any protective armor like materials, so it was just very hard to believe at many times that the character could survive in the real world of crime.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #211
GWHH
Banned User

Some of the better stuff from the show.

Anyone Know which episode this is from?

Last edited by GWHH; 10-21-2012 at 02:18 PM.
GWHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #212
Johnny
Side-Kick

Arrow. Season 6, episode 4.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #213
Know One
Side-Kick

Hello gang,

Smallville was five minutes of Superman and 4 seasons of Green Arrow. Ok - that was bad.

Up to season 3 - Smallville could've "kinda" been branched as a sequel to the Christopher Reeve movies. Then it began something else with everyone in the entire World knowing about Clark (Lana, Pete, Chloe, tons of stranges, JLA, Lex at some point, ect...). Then, it became something else for a third time again when we had guests over guests (Martian Manhunter, LSH (which was wonderful), JSA and I forget). And it seemed that Clark Kent didn't have so much to say anymore and he was a guest in his own show... Lana love story shouldn't have lasted that long and Lois' one was too corny to be "real" even in comic book's eyeview.
Don't get me wrong - I bought all ten seasons, got the 3 official cds (yup - 3rd one from Lalaland - wonderful score tracks). Got all magazines but gave the figures to a friend at work who was in love with the show. I even got the spaceship/cave key prop.

"Ryan" was probably to me the most beautiful and fabulous show of Smallville and of any tv show. It demonstrated so many things. How Clark was kind and VULNERABLE, yes, vulnerable when at the end he's alone at the hospital with comic books...

Worst show ever - I'm sorry - I forget the title here was when Clark & Lana "have" a baby who groes older every hour or so. This was an old plot from Space 1999 and also from Star Trek tng (Deana Troy, anyone?) and probably other sci-fi shows...

Later,

Know One.

Know One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #214
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know One View Post
Worst show ever - I'm sorry - I forget the title here was when Clark & Lana "have" a baby who groes older every hour or so. This was an old plot from Space 1999 and also from Star Trek tng (Deana Troy, anyone?) and probably other sci-fi shows...
Sort of a delayed response but you are referring to Season 4's Ageless

Ironically I think Ageless tried to rip off the ending of you favorite episode Ryan(ie the hot air balloon scene, in Ageless Lana took the kid up to a windmill just before he exploded because he wanted to see a windmill like Ryan wanted to ride a hot air balloon). In general Ageless had the exploding kid relive a few Smallville moments which just came off awkward and unintentionally funny

Last edited by SV Fan; 01-09-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #215
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Oh God. "Ageless".

Honestly, the only reason season 4 counts for me was because of Lois's entrance.

Seasons 1-3. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I didn't truly start enjoying the show again until Lana was gone. There were just... moments, and maybe an episode here or there that I liked. I watched just for Lois for a long time.

Last edited by Zatanna; 01-09-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #216
Indy1Jones
The Batfleck

I agree^^

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #217
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
Oh God. "Ageless".

Honestly, the only reason season 4 counts for me was because of Lois's entrance.

Seasons 1-3. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I didn't truly start enjoying the show again until Lana was gone. There were just... moments, and maybe an episode here or there that I liked. I watched just for Lois for a long time.
I liked early Smallville, especially Season 1. Although it was mostly freak of the week, it still felt fresh. Early Smallville didn't feel so typically like a CW show, probably partly because the CW didn't exist yet. Anyone remember which season they began? When did Jensen Ackles show up?

Clark just abandoned his college years. They never really showed the resolution of that. He just began working for the planet.

With the awful finale, it just sours the whole series for me and makes everything feel like a big waste of time. It's a shame it didn't end better.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #218
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I think the early seasons were better then the later ones. Especially 1-4. After that the quality of the show was weaker. The first half of seasons 8 and 9 though were really great and season 10 was also pretty good.

I believe Ackles joined the show either in season 3 or 4.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #219
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

best and worst huh.............anything and everything seriously, for everything Smallville did right in some episodes, the same elements in other episodes where just plain bad........

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #220
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I think Smallville should've had a distinctive break in the series like the Batman animated series or the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. That way they could've then had the latter half of it called Metropolis (or more clumsily, "Smallville: Metropolis") which could've been a sequel series with the same cast where Clark is actually Superman. The way it was done felt like everything was dragged out over 10 seasons. Having it a proper Superman series would've injected a new lease of life into it, and you would be able to watch the two series separately without feeling that one never had a decent resolution.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #221
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Early Smallville didn't feel so typically like a CW show, probably partly because the CW didn't exist yet. Anyone remember which season they began?
WB switched the the CW in S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think Smallville should've had a distinctive break in the series like the Batman animated series or the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. That way they could've then had the latter half of it called Metropolis (or more clumsily, "Smallville: Metropolis") which could've been a sequel series with the same cast where Clark is actually Superman. The way it was done felt like everything was dragged out over 10 seasons. Having it a proper Superman series would've injected a new lease of life into it, and you would be able to watch the two series separately without feeling that one never had a decent resolution.
Simpler then that is have Clark go to college in Season 5 and get rid of all the high school characters and have Clark interact with new people(basically anybody named Kent or Luthor stays, everybody else goes). I think having Clark deal with a bunch of new people opens up a bunch of new storylines

Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #222
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
It's just little nitpick but, it still bothers me a little that both kal-El / Clark Kent's biological Kryptonian parents had blonde hair.
Clark is supposed to look like his father and they really mucked that up in S9. The Lara and Jor El in Smallville gave no generics to their son. Maybe Kara and Kal El were switched at birth.
I agree that Clark should have stays in college or at least taken a class or 2. And if not he should have done something more than just stay on that farm. Everyone on the show moved on and out of Smallville except Clark who was doing the same thing in season 7 that he was doing in season 2.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 AM   #223
Stephen Harmon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know One View Post
Hello gang,

Smallville was five minutes of Superman and 4 seasons of Green Arrow. Ok - that was bad.

Up to season 3 - Smallville could've "kinda" been branched as a sequel to the Christopher Reeve movies. Then it began something else with everyone in the entire World knowing about Clark (Lana, Pete, Chloe, tons of stranges, JLA, Lex at some point, ect...). Then, it became something else for a third time again when we had guests over guests (Martian Manhunter, LSH (which was wonderful), JSA and I forget). And it seemed that Clark Kent didn't have so much to say anymore and he was a guest in his own show... Lana love story shouldn't have lasted that long and Lois' one was too corny to be "real" even in comic book's eyeview.
Don't get me wrong - I bought all ten seasons, got the 3 official cds (yup - 3rd one from Lalaland - wonderful score tracks). Got all magazines but gave the figures to a friend at work who was in love with the show. I even got the spaceship/cave key prop.

"Ryan" was probably to me the most beautiful and fabulous show of Smallville and of any tv show. It demonstrated so many things. How Clark was kind and VULNERABLE, yes, vulnerable when at the end he's alone at the hospital with comic books...

Worst show ever - I'm sorry - I forget the title here was when Clark & Lana "have" a baby who groes older every hour or so. This was an old plot from Space 1999 and also from Star Trek tng (Deanna Troi, anyone?) and probably other sci-fi shows...

Later,

Know One.
Fixed.

Stephen Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #224
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

^ Thanks for clearing that up for us

Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #225
Maia87
Side-Kick

I absolutely love the first 5 seasons of the show. A lot of "freak of the week" episodes were very well-written back in the days. Visitor, Hereafter, Obsession, Skinwalker, Talisman were one of my favorite. I miss the good old Smallville.

Maia87 is offline   Reply With Quote