The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #251
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Damn .... has anyone seen the pre-visuals for the Thor/IM/Cap scene in the forest? It's over on CBM right now ...... I wonder why they decided not to let the scene unfold that way. Would've been even more bad ass. It kind of reminds me of how they still have yet to let Cap show his acrobatic prowess.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #252
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Damn .... has anyone seen the pre-visuals for the Thor/IM/Cap scene in the forest? It's over on CBM right now ...... I wonder why they decided not to let the scene unfold that way. Would've been even more bad ass. It kind of reminds me of how they still have yet to let Cap show his acrobatic prowess.
WTF?! Cap was so acrobatic there, where the hell did they screw up and decide not to include those moves?

Old 09-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #253
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
They did. It was just done to quickly to see. Plus the camera was focused on Ironman.

Captian America action sequence close up and slowed down
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #254
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
They did. It was just done to quickly to see. Plus the camera was focused on Ironman.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I want that front and center in the next movie and not blink and youll miss it. You hear me, Joss!

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #255
CGHulk
Green Guy

Honest Trailers - The Avengers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #256
marcvader
Lurker #1

Saw it couple days ago. Some things are on point and funny but most of it was reaching and off base. I guess they had to do it that way since the movie was near flawless.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #257
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That is not the same scene brochacho.

The one you posted is the CGI version of Cap in the movie and it's so fast most people barely even notice it. But he's not moving around like in that previs. It's the way I imagined him moving in a movie.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #258
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah I loved that sequence with Cap.
Unless you're going frame by frame like I was choosing pics for my Screen saver, you wouldn't have noticed Cap in the back ground. He does some cool stuff as Tony flies towards him.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #259
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Agreed. I hope we see him more acrobatic in the sequel and his own sequel film.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #260
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

lol 'brochacho'

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #261
mc7791
The boys have arrived

that was amazing. I hope to see more of that in Cap's solo film as well as in Avengers 2 and have the sequences shot to show Cap better. Cap rules!!!

mc7791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #262
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I mean if you really think about that scene, Thor was a good 5-10 yards away from Cap. Would someone with Cap's agility initially think to just kneel down and duck under the shield as Thor is jumping across to get to him ..... Especially after he just watched Thor pummel IM back with his hammer?

I know I'm knit picking ..... but I truly want to see Cap's abilities fully come to life on film. Would like to see Marvel hire a better stunt/fight coordinator to up the stakes a bit.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #263
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
lol 'brochacho'
LOL .... my friends and I have a ton of them that we use.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #264
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Purely beyond anything considered spectacle (which was amazing imo) this should sum it up:

The Avengers was the first majorly successful team-up and crossover in film. And I'm not just talking box office, it combined heroes from drastically different worlds/directors/visions into one cohesive plot. Not X-Men, Fantastic Four or Watchmen can even say that. And by no means can those be considered crossovers.

He managed to do justice to four different characters who could easily be considered the star or protagonist all on the same screen and often at the same time. While giving new emotive identity to 2 others, BW and Fury. All while simultaneously introducing 2 new characters (Hill and Barton, I'm not counting his cameo in Thor) and made me (for one) care about who they were and why they were even involved. Fleshing out 8 characters on a scale from key to integral in a movie where 1.5/2.25 hours could be considered action or "spectacle."

He showed prowess doing what Jon Favreau/Shane Black have already done with RDJ, and by creating the first widely acclaimed Hulk/Banner, and he did his best with Captain America (even though one of his better scenes was cut). Thor may have been lacking in this film, but he wasnt screwed up by any means.

Finally, he made a villain who, though not nearly as popular or iconic as The Joker, brought significant competition to the realm of Super Villains in cinema. No I'm not saying Hiddleston was on par with Ledger's performance. But he was at least a substantial villain who provided an entertaining and believably large enough threat for a team of 6+ powerful heroes.

Sure most of this has to do with character development, but thats what Whedon does, he makes amazing characters we can relate to in a short amount of time while holding an audiences attention. I agree with anyone who says that The Avengers barely scratches the surface of Whedon's vision for the MCU. And being that he co-wrote and directed this multi billion dollar film, yeah, I'd say that gains him the respect of a little more than his "weakest piece of work."

Keeping in mind I'm a forserious Browncoat and it is still tough for me to say Avengers was better than Serenity or Firefly.

The Ironstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #265
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
You're VERY welcome Chu! We all try hard to keep up with news.
We need a LIKE button

Old 09-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #266
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Honest trailers is right though, Loki's plan is so ****ing stupid. I've seen the film 10 times and love it, but that ****ing saturday morning cartoon plan of his keeps this from being in my top 10 of all time. Its just simply stupid.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #267
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

I love this old review of the Avengers:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #268
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
Honest trailers is right though, Loki's plan is so ****ing stupid. I've seen the film 10 times and love it, but that ****ing saturday morning cartoon plan of his keeps this from being in my top 10 of all time. Its just simply stupid.
I've defended that scene many times. However, recently I saw the CGI pre-visuals and in it Loki used his holograms to try to fool Hulk. I know we've seen him use it before ...... but I'm curious why they didn't that time. They probably could've combined a weee bit of Loki defending himself while opining to Hulk and then have Hulk bash him.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #269
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
I disagree. His main plan was to take the tesseract and open the portal for the Chitauri army. Thanks to Hawkeye, he knew that Fury would create a team that could threaten this plan. So he lets himself be captured so he can mess up Fury's plan by unleashing the Hulk. While he was creating chaos in the helicarrier, Selvig was able to set up the tesseract in Stark's tower.

He also anticipated that Iron Man will show up so he planned to control him via his staff. That didn't work. If he had succeeded in controlling Iron Man, things would have been very very different. Everything was going well for Loki until this moment.

Of course, Loki's biggest mistake (as is typical of villains) is that he underestimated the human spirit. He thought that the team would be too defeated to mount up any offense after the helicarrier incident. He was wrong, and so he failed.

So all in all, Loki had a good plan but failed because of his arrogance.

Loki vs Hulk: I do not have a problem with this scene at all. The way things happened leading to this scene, I saw Loki being too disoriented, distracted and very very frustrated that things are getting out of his control. At this point, Loki is not thinking clearly and is just letting his emotions get the better of him. He became a kid having a tantrum stamping his feet because he's not getting what he wanted.

Last edited by Lei D Loki; 09-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Lei D Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #270
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
I've defended that scene many times. However, recently I saw the CGI pre-visuals and in it Loki used his holograms to try to fool Hulk. I know we've seen him use it before ...... but I'm curious why they didn't that time. They probably could've combined a weee bit of Loki defending himself while opining to Hulk and then have Hulk bash him.
Would have liked to have seen Hulk take a few swings at illusory Lokis and getting more and more pissed before grabbing the real one. Then WHAMWHAMPOWSMACKCRUNCH!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #271
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
According to the commentary, Joss said it ended up being too expensive to be worth it. Apparently the "You can smell crazy on him" line was a set-up for Hulk recognizing the real Loki by taking a sniff.

Speaking of the Blu-Ray, when I was looking for the commentary I accidentally found the Visually Impaired track and it's weirdly hilarious. Especially in this scene (VO Guy: "THE HULK SMASHES LOKI REPEATEDLY INTO THE GROUND LIKE A RAG DOLL."). I didn't listen to the whole thing of course, but I skipped to that part cuz I knew it'd be funny.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #272
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rizElQfDOpU&feature=plcp

as well as the Hulk/Loki one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKu9ilTbNUw&feature=plcp

Those are damn cool.

Joss did talk about that Loki scene in the commentary when Bruce said you can smell crazy on Loki. I think he said it was definitely a budget issue why it was cut.

I'd guess they trimmed the Cap fight for the same reason. They spent money wisely from what I've seen but they had to keep it under control I would guess.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #273
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It would've been nice to get a few more action beats with Cap in there for the Iron Man/Thor/Cap confrontation, but it was probably a budget and timing issue.

Just remember even with Spider-Man 2 and that movie getting over $210 million, there was stuff from the fight scenes they started and conceptualized but didn't finish for the final product. Later they did for the extended cut and they were good little bits, but when you make these movies you are on the clock and everyone is scrambling to finish and make it all come together so stuff has to go even if its stuff you really like and think is really cool.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #274
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
Honest Trailers - The Avengers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDajL441mZc
LOL Funny stuff.

rashad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 AM   #275
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I was digging it until the stupid plug about their Avengers haters show.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote