Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
cryptic name
No Limits

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
THANK YOU!!!!

I've said the same for years [many a time in here, no less].
Cheers!

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Geeze! Box Office Mojo's Friday estimates have it sinking down to eleventh spot! Lower than Resident Evil, The Master, and House At The End of The Street! Come on!! I really hope they're a little off, at least!

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #28
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
Geeze! Box Office Mojo's Friday estimates have it sinking down to eleventh spot! Lower than Resident Evil, The Master, and House At The End of The Street! Come on!! I really hope they're a little off, at least!
They would have to be off,, if thats true... you know i dont even know what to say about people anymore.

grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #29
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Considering the reviews this is getting I'm surprised they haven't jumped on that and capitalized on.

the dmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #30
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

At least with Dredd's foreign gross, it's made almost 20,000,000 in a week.
So it just needs to make like 3 times that, and we're good.

The Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Haha.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

Old 09-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
Somebody put that money down immediately!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
cryptic name
No Limits

So here's a question; in the perfect world we all dream of, where Dredd gets sequels, how would you want to see Death and possibly the other Dark Judges portrayed? Go whole hog with alternate dimension? Could they be mutants? I myself prefer fidelity to the comic. Maybe they could keep the origin mysterious, not unlike the Joker in TDK, and only make vague allusions to the Dead World. I actually think it would be cool to see part of the original Death story adapted where Dredd destroys his body, but Death possesses Anderson. That could be really scary and dramatic. It would be a problem Dredd couldn't shoot his way out of.

What do you guys think?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 09-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #35
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

I personally wouldn't mind if they are mutants of sorts.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
The Sarge
Greatest DP ever

I was having a similar discussion on the way back from the theatre. I don't think I'd want to see them done any way but extra dimensional reapers like in the book.
Part of the draw of the dark judges is that they can't be killed easily. Even if you succeed, they can just possess people. The added danger of they killed simply through touch is another factor too.
If they were mutants or drug addicts or whatever, I couldn't see them retaining those powers, and that's just not the dark judges then.
It'd be interesting to see them redesigned to fit this universe though. I may try drawing that.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
Wha

What I've always wondered is, if they wanted Stallone's face, why didn't they have him play Rico as well as Dredd? The two are supposed to be clones, afterall.
That is inspired. Dredd keeps his helmet on, stallone gets to show his face as Rico, everyone is happy. It's a pity you weren't in charge when they were making this movie.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #38
cryptic name
No Limits

I agree, Sarge. My only thought is it would be best if we didn't learn too much about their back story or about the Dead World. If the filmmakers didn't want to touch the inter-dimensional stuff, though, we could still get recognizable Dark Judges and have them come from somewhere in the Cursed Earth. They could keep the history of the Sisters of Death giving the Dark Judges their powers and whatnot, just on this dimension.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 09-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #39
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
That is inspired. Dredd keeps his helmet on, stallone gets to show his face as Rico, everyone is happy. It's a pity you weren't in charge when they were making this movie.
Haha, thanks. But I think it would have been a hard sell for them to take notes from a 6-year-old.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 09-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #40
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

I love The Dark Judges for the sequel, but I'd be just as happy if we get The Angel Gang(including Fink) and or Chief-Judge Cal instead.

Old 09-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #41
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
I love The Dark Judges the sequel, but I'd be just as happy if we get The Angel Gang(including Fink) and or Chief-Judge Cal instead.
If it unfolds the way Alex Garland has suggested, and we get a Cursed Earth story for the second film, that would be a great place to use the Angel Gang. Especially if they do the story from the comics of Dredd leading a caravan through the Cursed Earth and they have to fend off constant attacks from freakish mutants and marauders. The Angel Clan would fit nicely into that story. I would love to see this Dredd universe's version of Mean Machine.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #42
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
If it unfolds the way Alex Garland has suggested, and we get a Cursed Earth story for the second film, that would be a great place to use the Angel Gang. Especially if they do the story from the comics of Dredd leading a caravan through the Cursed Earth and they have to fend off constant attacks from freakish mutants and marauders. The Angel Clan would fit nicely into that story. I would love to see this Dredd universe's version of Mean Machine.
Hell yeah, and Fink could be on scary and creepy looking sicko! A cross between Otis from The Devil's Rejects and a Bernie Wrightson drawing! There's also The Brotherhood of Darkness.

Last edited by rogue trooper; 09-29-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #43
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout View Post
Geeze,, "novelty" "gimmick"...critical much??

The gimmick, was showing the effect of the drug they took.. It was for the purpose of showing that viewpoint.. I thought that was pretty amazing.

The novelty, if he had to kill in order to survive how does that qualify as a novelty.

If you didnt like the movie or the "gimmick" and/or "novelty" served 0 purpose for the movie I could understand.

Im glad you enjoyed the movie but what your saying sounds like "I love to go to car races, I just hate when they go fast, i hope they have more car races".

I dont understand....
How about you chill? I said what i had to say about what I thought of the movie. I've explained what I thought, if you take a negative opinion to my thoughts on the movie then enjoy being pissed for nothing.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #44
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Haha, thanks. But I think it would have been a hard sell for them to take notes from a 6-year-old.
The movie is so bad they probably did take notes from a 6 year old.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #45
GoldCrest
Side-Kick

Finally saw this movie yesterday. I've never heard of this movie nor did I know that Dredd was a comic book character. I went to see this after hearing/reading good reviews about the movie.

The movie was good. Good acting from all the main characters; I especially enjoyed Olivia Thirlby's Anderson protrayal and the mind game with the prisoner. Yes, there weren't a lot of fight scenes, but, I don't mind it. I rather enjoyed the numerous shootings in the movie. However, sucks that the movie is bombing in the box office. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel for the movie.

Anyway, will see it again with my brother.

GoldCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
How about you chill? I said what i had to say about what I thought of the movie. I've explained what I thought, if you take a negative opinion to my thoughts on the movie then enjoy being pissed for nothing.
Nope not pissed... and im perfectly chill... I respect anybodys opinion good or bad. I was just trying to understand yours is all. I have never heard anybody say they hope for a sequel while describing the current using "gimmick" and "novelty". I dont need a response or explanation back as it really dosent matter to me at this point.

grout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #47
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Lol, real talk.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
OctaviusINC
It's Clobberin' Time!

Finally seen it last night.

Very good stuff. Acting was good. Action was brutal. The drab look of the film was cold and empty but in a good way. Anderson was portrayed well. Urban was perfect as Dredd. Beats Stallone's debacle by a long shot. Overall I'd give it a B.

Dredd isn't an extremely well known character nowadays but this movie SHOULD HAVE made him leap back into general pop culture. Shame it hasn't. A really solid entertaining action flick failed. More importantly, a solid comic book film went unnoticed by most.

But that's okay. It's almost fitting for this film to slip under the radar and be admired as a cult classic. I'm okay with that being it's status.

As for a sequel? Yeah, I'd love one.

We live in a world with 3 Punisher reboots, 2 Ghost Rider movies, 5 Bring it On movies, 6 Fast and Furious movies, 4 Step Up movies, Taken 2 comes out soon....

So even though this bombed, a sequel isn't written off. But it'll probably be avoided like the plague for some reason($$$). Even though this film deserves a sequel and has the source material to provide a stellar one.

But whatever. I still want another Daredevil movie in some capacity. And now, another Dredd movie.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #49
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Just saw it yesterday. LOVED DREDD 3D!!! Loved every second of it. IMO it raised the bar for B-rated action films. I thought it was fantastic. The action wasn't cheap, (couldn't believe it was made for only $45M), and the acting was actually very good. Karl Urban was awesome and the SLO-MO scenes were some of the best 3D sequences I've ever seen.

Aaaaaand it's bombing at the domestic box-office. Come on foreign...please see it. It has 3D!!! I mean for the love of God they saw the crap that was Ice Age 4!

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #50
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
I'm so certain we obviously did not see the same film at the cinema.

Perhaps it was mislabelled?

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote