The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #526
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: Smallville

Artists will probably neverr not use the super steriod/ripped looked in drawing like for female characters always getting huge breasts and skimpy outfits.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #527
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Smile Re: Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Agreed, also didn't you use Frank's stuff as an inspiration for some Welling/Superman fan art you did?
Yeah, I did two drawings based on his style because I wanted to do something different than another Reeve manip. Plus seeing how they changed the costume in every comic now, I thought it would be nice to do one based on the original look and his style was so well done, in my opinion, that I thought it would fit well with Welling.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #528
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

It's just little nitpick but, it still bothers me a little that both kal-El / Clark Kent's biological Kryptonian parents had blonde hair.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #529
Johnny
Side-Kick

That was weird. However how can you complain when it comes to Helen Slater.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #530
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/sons-o...omments-anchor

The guy who played Gabriel in Hidden died what one may say is a rather weird death

SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #531
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I'm trying to re-get into the series and enjoyed the series/episodes when they delved into the DCU, what season did Smallville delve into the Justice League and DCU?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #532
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I'm trying to re-get into the series and enjoyed the series/episodes when they delved into the DCU, what season did Smallville delve into the Justice League and DCU?
Season 6; mainly the first half.

They started bringing in and utilizing DC Characters a lot back in Season 5 though, with the likes of Aquaman, Cyborg, Zod, and Brainiac having been introduced into the series for that season, along with the Fortress of Solitude and the Phantom Zone.

If you're mainly interested in the JLA episodes though, then I'd say the first and last episode of season 8 covers the JLA, while the 2 Hour "Absolute Justice" in Season 9 and its season finale covers the JLA and JSA very well. Season 9's "Checkmate" is another good episode as well that deals with JLA material.

The Last JLA themed episode that we saw is probably the one in Season 10 where we see Aquaman and Mera.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #533
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Season 6; mainly the first half.

They started bringing in and utilizing DC Characters a lot back in Season 5 though, with the likes of Aquaman, Cyborg, Zod, and Brainiac having been introduced into the series for that season, along with the Fortress of Solitude and the Phantom Zone.

If you're mainly interested in the JLA episodes though, then I'd say the first and last episode of season 8 covers the JLA, while the 2 Hour "Absolute Justice" in Season 9 and its season finale covers the JLA and JSA very well. Season 9's "Checkmate" is another good episode as well that deals with JLA material.

The Last JLA themed episode that we saw is probably the one in Season 10 where we see Aquaman and Mera.

Thanks, greatly appreciated.

I was thinking Season 6.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #534
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Thanks, greatly appreciated.

I was thinking Season 6.
What about no Flash love he was the first member of the league to be shown in season 4.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #535
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

One of the many things I like about the Smallville Season 11 comic is that the artists haven't given Clark Kent / Superman a bodybuilder physique. Sure he's drawn to look big/ripped, but he's fortunately not bodybuilder big.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #536
Johnny
Side-Kick

Well he was pretty ripped in Guardian during the apartment scene with Lois. Though yes, it wasn't that exaggerated. Artists tend to draw him ridiculously ripped sometimes.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #537
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well he was pretty ripped in Guardian during the apartment scene with Lois. Though yes, it wasn't that exaggerated. Artists tend to draw him ridiculously ripped sometimes.
I know that annoys the heck out of me. How do they expect the mild mannered reporter persona to be believable if Clark Kent / Superman has a bodybuilder type physique.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #538
Johnny
Side-Kick

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. It annoys me just as much if they draw Kara with huge boobs. It just doesn't make sense.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #539
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Agreed

Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #540
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. It annoys me just as much if they draw Kara with huge boobs. It just doesn't make sense.
I'm more annoying when they make her, or any female character really, to be stick thin. Like I did a few drawings based on Frank's Superman, but his Kara looked really skinny.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #541
Johnny
Side-Kick

They shouldn't make her skinny, but they certainly shouldn't make her that "gifted" lol. She's a teenage girl, she can't be drawn with boobs all over the place. Just like they can't draw Clark like some steroid freak. Yes, they both should be in great shape but balance is the key. That's something many artists unfortunately don't seem to realize or are being pushed by people above them to do. I actually like Gary Frank's Kara a lot. God help us if they ever let Rob Liefeld be an ongoing Superman artist...

Old 10-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #542
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
They shouldn't make her skinny, but they certainly shouldn't make her that "gifted" lol. She's a teenage girl, she can't be drawn with boobs all over the place. Just like they can't draw Clark like some steroid freak. Yes, they both should be in great shape but balance is the key. That's something many artists unfortunately don't seem to realize or are being pushed by people above them to do. I actually like Gary Frank's Kara a lot. God help us if they ever let Rob Liefeld be an ongoing Superman artist...
LOL, yeah nothing is as bad as Liefield. But there should definitely be balance. I don't mind her being skinny, but when she has a tiny waistline, it starts to head into the same exaggerated look as Superman looking like a steroid junkie. Both go into the comic/video game stereotypes of what the ideal bodies should look like.

I think one of the best transformations I've seen in recent times is the Tomb Raider franchise. Lara Croft has always been known to have a skinny waistline but huge boobs, but with the recent reboot, they've ground it so she looks more like a real girl than some fantasy. I commend them and really do wish this was done more in both industries.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #543
Johnny
Side-Kick

True. Tomb Raider is a very good example. People should watch and learn.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #544
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

If one of the human Green Lantern's appear in Smallville Season 11, which one would you want to see?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #545
Johnny
Side-Kick

As a long time Hal Jordan fan, to me it's a no-brainer.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #546
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Same, I'd also love to see their take on john stewart as well.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #547
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Either Hal, John Stewart, or Kyle Rayner would work for me.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #548
Johnny
Side-Kick

Hal is the most recognizable version of GL so it would most likely be him. DC are obviously all about going forward with the classic version of the characters(Barbara instead of Steph) so it makes sense to bring Jordan in.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #549
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Both Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles auditioned for the role of Clark Kent on “Smallville”. Which of the two actors could have made a better Clark on the show? My vote goes to Jared, he has the buid, height, and looks to pull off the role. Not that anyone could top Tom Welling in the role.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #550
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I think if you watch the first few episodes of Supernatural, you can see that Jared had a similar kind of look to Clark, in that he was this young guy who was a little scared because of the life he had, and just wanted to be normal and fit in. In some way, you can almost make the argument that the relationship between Sam and his dad was very similar to the relationship between Clark and Jor-El.

Jensen's a great actor, but in the roles I've seen him in during his time on Smallville and Supernatural, I just don't get that same vibe from him, even though the roles he played are completely different than Clark. Ironically though, Eric Johnson, who went on to play Whitney, was the favorite before they found Welling. Imagine how that could've went.