The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #76
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 21,204
Default Re: First Official Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
My own thoughts were that it looked very like a martial arts movie poster, reminding me of Bruce Lee.
Enter the Jackman.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #77
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,269
Default Re: First Official Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Enter the Jackman.
Indeed.

But more Jackman than traditional Wolverine, as it looks at present.

I wonder if Mark Millar will have any influence on this production, even at this late stage. He's written Wolverine comics and Alexei Belyakov was saying that the script (during Aronofsky's tenure) had the brown/orange comic book costume in it...

__________________
The Geek Files Blog of the Year Gold Award Winner

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #78
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: First Official Photo

I think he will be on for DOFP, Wolverine is too far in and shooting over seas. Think hes busy with Kick-Ass 2 filming as well. Never know though. I would hope if anything he would sway for a more violent side of Logan to be shown. Logan wasnt very threatening last we saw him.


Last edited by def28; 09-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #79
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: First Official Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Indeed.

But more Jackman than traditional Wolverine, as it looks at present.

I wonder if Mark Millar will have any influence on this production, even at this late stage. He's written Wolverine comics and Alexei Belyakov was saying that the script (during Aronofsky's tenure) had the brown/orange comic book costume in it...
Yeah, in Aronofsky's draft
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he breaks into a dressing room at an opera in Tokyo where a Yakuza boss sits in the front row. Wolverine grabs a costume off a rack (the brown and orange costume) to blend in and walks onto the stage. He then kills everyone in the front row. At first the audience thinks its part of the play but then people start shooting at Wolverine so people begin to storm out of the theatre. Amongst them are Mariko and Noburo - who's personal security rushes to get out. Mariko manages to lock eyes with Wolverine through the mask and she cries as he slaughters the Yakuza. As soon as she's out of his periphery, he chops a guy's head off right behind him.


Its a brilliant way to incorporate the costume, specially with the eye to eye moment. Reminds me of Point Break when Keanu & Swayze look at each other through the mask.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #80
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,494
Default Re: First Official Photo

Wow that sounds ****ing awesome!

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 23,680
Default Re: First Official Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Yeah, in Aronofsky's draft
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
he breaks into a dressing room at an opera in Tokyo where a Yakuza boss sits in the front row. Wolverine grabs a costume off a rack (the brown and orange costume) to blend in and walks onto the stage. He then kills everyone in the front row. At first the audience thinks its part of the play but then people start shooting at Wolverine so people begin to storm out of the theatre. Amongst them are Mariko and Noburo - who's personal security rushes to get out. Mariko manages to lock eyes with Wolverine through the mask and she cries as he slaughters the Yakuza. As soon as she's out of his periphery, he chops a guy's head off right behind him.


Its a brilliant way to incorporate the costume, specially with the eye to eye moment. Reminds me of Point Break when Keanu & Swayze look at each other through the mask.
In all fairness that does sound amazing, hope that manages to stay in somehow.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #82
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: First Official Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
In all fairness that does sound amazing, hope that manages to stay in somehow.
The screenplay in its entirety is amazing.

Wolverine is finally done right, in a brutal R-rated story.

I really hope Mangold didn't deviate nor removed from anything on said screenplay, but rather just added.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #83
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: First Official Photo

It sounds quite interesting. I wonder if they took that theatre massacre scene out following the Batman situation.

__________________
I support giving an Asian actor the chance to play the Immortal Iron Fist!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #84
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A world I long to see.
Posts: 21,204
Default Re: First Official Photo

Just a deleted a post in here, but just a reminder to everyone: no jokes about Aurora shootings are funny. Don't post them.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:56 AM   #85
Silvermoth
Avenger
 
Silvermoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,902
Default Re: First Official Photo

I would never do that! I swear I wasn't having a laugh. Hopefully you mean someone posted something which was inappropriate rather than that I said something.

I thought the whole thing was awful and I would never joke about such a thing.

__________________
I support giving an Asian actor the chance to play the Immortal Iron Fist!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.