The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #101
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

They're yet to really and truly adapt an arc yet. All of the movies have been a bunch of ideas from different popular stuff mixed to form an entirely new storyline. No reason to think that'll change now

Old 10-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #102
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengingLeague View Post
If it were me it would go like this:
Captain America 3
Thor 3
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
The Avengers 3
I think this is the most solid and most likely.

In more detail, with some assumptions made.

Captain America (3): Sentinel of Liberty
Red Skull returns, with HYRDA in tow. Turns the state against Captain America, Bucky becomes Cap hunting down Steve-Nomad for the SHIELD, while Taskmaster is hunting him down for HYDRA. Steve becomes the guy to stand for the right even when the whole nation, the whole world community is against him. "No, you move." In the end, Cap and Bucky!Cap take on Red Skull, and the Super Adaptoid to win the day, proving not only that Steve is awesome, but that he can take down someone with all the Avengers' powers combined. Alternately, if Red Skull isn't available, use Viper and add some sexual tension to their adversarial relationship.

Thor 3: Ragnarok
Loki's subplot comes to fruition and the cosmos comes down to Annihilate Asgard with the help of some cosmic foes of various renown. Big Giant Epic LOTR-on-steroids war. Jane Foster dares to speak for gods, Thor maybe dies, maybe comes back to life to start the cycle over again. Play up the Shakesperean tragedy, the familiar betrayals, the tragic lost loves here. Also, drop some Asgardian items on earth to seed future stories.

Black Panther
Crown Prince T'Challa is abroad in school when he learns that the African micronation of Wakanda is in civil war, he returns home to reclaim his throne, but Klaw, his father's killer (cue flashback) is mining the Vibranium for Klaw's sonic weapons and have control of an Idi-Amin-like dictator who's running the country. T'Challa must prove himself, not only to himself, but to his people and the memory of his father to truly become the Black Panther instead of just wear his father's old ceremonial uniform, and then take on the mercs, General M'Baka and the sonic-weapon-prosthesis-wearing Ulysses S. Klaw.

Doctor Strange
Dr. Stephen Strange is a brilliant famous neurosurgeon, who's hands are damaged in a car accident. He ends up searching the world for a cure and encounters a Mr. Miyagi-like old man in the Himalayas, and ends up stopping a magical murder attempt on the man's life, drawing him into this magic world, where the Ancient One's former student, Baron Mordo, is summoning this Cthulu-like Shuma Gorath creature to destroy the world. A third student, Clea provides additional depth, as Strange learns about the artifacts handed down from the gods like the Eye and Orb of Agamotto. Eventually, Dr. Strange stops wanting a cure, but must face his hand issue in order to properly perform the right gestures. At the loss of the Ancient One, they defeat Shuma Gorath and Baron Mordo, making Dr. Strange the new Sorcerer Supreme

Captain Marvel (just in case)
Pilot Carol Danvers is assigned to investigate fellow SHIELD agent, scientist Walter Lawson whom she discovers is an alien scout. Lawson, bka as Mar-Vell values Carol's humanity and decides to defend humanity, much to his superior, Ronan's shagrin. Ronan unleashes the Sentries 456-459 to take out Carol and other key targets, and Carol discovers that Mar-Vell is on her side when he defends her wit his immense energy abilities due to his Kree Physiology and the nega-bands. They take on the Kree while ducking SHIELD until SHIELD cracks down and captures Mar-Vell, turning him over to the Kree as part of their peace agreement. The Kree prepare to blow things up again but Carol flies in on her jet, saves Mar-Vell from his fight with Ronan, but they get caught in an explosion together which turns her DNA Kree. Mar-Vell dies but gives her his negabands, so now she has his powers. She takes out the remaining Sentries, faces Ronan and proves, both verbally and physically why humanity deserves to live, and deserves their respect. Ronan relents, but appoints her his Kree representative on Earth, the new Captain Marvel.

Avengers 3
Thanos returns, having acquired nearly all of the Infinity Gems, and proceeds to come and dismantle Earth. He keeps dismantling it and it's looking like the Avengers aren't coming together. Hulk is corrupted by Thanos, Stark has a Virus, Thor is missing, Cap's been shot, and some of these new guys aren't exactly the team type. Eventually though, the Avengers pull themselves up out of the mire, and come together, Hulk fights off Thanos' influence, Stark reboots himself, Thor returns from the dead, Cap wakes up from his coma and rallies the rest of the team which at that point consists of: Captain America, Bucky!Cap, Falcon, Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Sif & The Warrior's Three, Hulk, at least one Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Hawkeye, a couple agents from the TV Show (Mockingbird and Quake?), and depending on Avengers 2/Ant-Man's story, Vision. They fall like flies from Thanos' might until one gets through to Thanos, to his gauntlet specifically and breaks it so it roars out of control and implodes him. Any one of them could be that hero. Perhaps multiple endings, perhaps, if the reality/time gem is in effect, multiple realities occur at once to stop him.

Man, I like doin this stuff too much. I would do Planet Hulk with Pixar as a CGI film in continuity with the MCU, lol.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #103
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Too late, Iron Men 3 is taking a lot from Extremis and vol.4 of Iron Man comics, while Captain America: Winter Soldier will possibly take a lot from the winter soldier storyline
They take elements from it, are inspired by it but by no means will these movies be adaptations of the comics, like some posters suggest MS will do with Planet Hulk or Civil War. That won't happen

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #104
Lord
All Mighty

If they used Civil War i doubt they would do an exact adaptation, that's not even possible right now, they would just take elements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #105
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

So, many of you aren't including GotG 2. Do you see it as a sure-fire bomb, or is it just a lack of personal interest?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #106
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want it to be:

Iron Man 4
Captain America 3

Thor 3
Ms. Marvel
Doctor Strange

Black Panther
Incredible Hulk 2

The Avengers 3

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #107
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
So, many of you aren't including GotG 2. Do you see it as a sure-fire bomb, or is it just a lack of personal interest?
Its just too hard to predict where they would take things, from that direction. Guardians sequels? Cosmic spinoffs? We have no idea.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #108
Boom
I got nothin'

Captain America 3
Thor 3
The Incredible Hulk 2
Dr. Strange
Black Panther
The Avengers 3

Old 10-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #109
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick

Re: Planet Hulk ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
Obviously a direct adaptation won't work..Marvel isn't going to make him a villain who Stark and Co. send off from Earth. But if they say, have Thanos send him across the Galaxy using a Purple Gem attached to a certain gauntlet in Avengers 2...it fixes that quite easily. To me the Planet Hulk story isn't sacred so if they just use the setting and gist of the whole thing in a different take I'm fine with that and that's what they would need to do. Obviously that takes away a World War Hulk movie...but I can't imagine anyway that it works in the MCU anyway.
I like your thought there. Thanos using a jem to transport Hulk is a nice touch. It removes him from the battlefield in TA2 but then you'd need a reason to explain why not just use that on all the Avengers.

My Phase Three would actually be comprised of two tiers.

Phase Three: Tier One-Avengers
  1. Captain America 3 2016 summer: showcase Arnim Zolo cyborg foe,introduce Black Panther ties in with vibranium shield plot wise
  2. Thor 3winter 2016: introduce Beta Ray Bill fight Sutur
  3. Iron Man 4(yeah, RDJ new contract)May 2017: Fin Fang Foom introduce Dr.Strange
  4. Black Widow solo Fall 2017: introduce Daredevil, Coulson flashback somewhere, plot Russian mob setting up in NYC which SHIELD can't allow.
  5. Hulk 2 summer 2018: introduce She-Hulk and Leader as the antagonist
  6. Avengers 3May 2019: a defacto Ant-Man mini-sequel as Ultron is created becoming the foe and Black Panther assists in the story.
Phase Three: Tier Two-Marvel Knights
  1. Blade Fall 2016: origin film but done quickly ala TIH sequence
  2. Punisher March 2017: origin film done right finally
  3. Daredevil Feb 2018(15yr aniv of sorts) using casting from Black Widow film, expand origin fully
  4. Iron Fist Fall 2018: full on origin

Three films in each year 2016, 2017 and 2018.
With the lone Avengers 3 for 2019.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #110
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think this is the most solid and most likely.
Avengers 3
Thanos returns, having acquired nearly all of the Infinity Gems, and proceeds to come and dismantle Earth. He keeps dismantling it and it's looking like the Avengers aren't coming together. Hulk is corrupted by Thanos, Stark has a Virus, Thor is missing, Cap's been shot, and some of these new guys aren't exactly the team type. Eventually though, the Avengers pull themselves up out of the mire, and come together, Hulk fights off Thanos' influence, Stark reboots himself, Thor returns from the dead, Cap wakes up from his coma and rallies the rest of the team which at that point consists of: Captain America, Bucky!Cap, Falcon, Iron Man, War Machine, Thor, Sif & The Warrior's Three, Hulk, at least one Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, Hawkeye, a couple agents from the TV Show (Mockingbird and Quake?), and depending on Avengers 2/Ant-Man's story, Vision. They fall like flies from Thanos' might until one gets through to Thanos, to his gauntlet specifically and breaks it so it roars out of control and implodes him. Any one of them could be that hero. Perhaps multiple endings, perhaps, if the reality/time gem is in effect, multiple realities occur at once to stop him.

Man, I like doin this stuff too much. I would do Planet Hulk with Pixar as a CGI film in continuity with the MCU, lol.
I like the characters in this...but I wouldn't want Thanos again.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #111
needamazing

I think all the Marvel Phase movies should be rich with cameos from many of the other Marvel superheros. I'm not saying a bunch of them in each movie but do it smartly so each movie feels like its more than just a movie about the title character.

If Marvel does this correctly then each Marvel Phase movie will be a big event and make Iron Man 1 & 2 money at least. I predict that if they can give them each a MCU feel then box office will slowly increase with each movie as a build up to the big payoff with the Avengers movies.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #112
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Eh, The Avengers are the big event movie. I don't need Cap and Hulk and Thor in an Iron Man solo movie.I want Iron Man and his story. Cap is working for SHIELD, so Fury and BW even since she works for SHIELD makes sense to involve them in his movie, but by and large I don't think there is any need to bog down everyone's solo movies with other heavy-hitting heroes -cameo or not- just because they're in the same established universe.

The things happening in a solo movie for the individual character is a big event, within the progression of that characters solo films.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #113
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They're yet to really and truly adapt an arc yet. All of the movies have been a bunch of ideas from different popular stuff mixed to form an entirely new storyline. No reason to think that'll change now
true I mean Loki brought the avengers together in the 60s and it was so smart having him do it in this mcu - albeit a new storyline. Feige is smart and I'm sure he'll mix and match such as he has done in the past to create great new stories from Phase 2 and beyond.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #114
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

2016:

Iron Man 4 (May)
Thor 3 (Nov)

2017:

Captain America 3 (March)
Black Panther (August)

2018:

Ms. Marvel (March)
Avengers 3 (May)
Dr. Strange (Nov)

Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 AM   #115
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I'd rather see a Heroes for Hire movie before I see a Dr Strange one.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #116
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Adjusting to the Ant-Man announcement...

2016: Iron Man 4, Thor 3
2017: Captain America 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2018: The Incredible Hulk 2, Black Panther
2019: Doctor Strange, The Avengers 3

2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #117
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Adjusting to the Ant-Man announcement...

2016: Iron Man 4, Thor 3
2017: Captain America 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2
2018: The Incredible Hulk 2, Black Panther
2019: Doctor Strange, The Avengers 3
I don't see IM4 happening, nor Cap 3.

BP, Doc Strange & Hulk 2 are locks.

And I think we'll get an Inhumans movie before we get another Thor movie.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #118
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post

So you see a phase 3 with no solo movies based on Marvel Studios 3 biggest characters?

Good luck with that, bro. 3 c-listers, and a character that has failed at the box office twice replacing profitable franchises.

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-16-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #119
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Yeah, no way do they not finish out each of those characters with a third film to complete the trilogy. Past that... who knows, but I think it's all but a given we'll be getting Cap3,Thor3, and IM3

Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #120
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Cs Funny Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Yeah, no way do they not finish out each of those characters with a third film to complete the trilogy. Past that... who knows, but I think it's all but a given we'll be getting Cap3,Thor3, and IM3
especially since Iron Man 3 is almost done filming.

I'd say our chances of not getting a complete Thor trilogy are like 2% and our chances of not getting a complete Cap trilogy are as high as 5%.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #121
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
especially since Iron Man 3 is almost done filming.

I'd say our chances of not getting a complete Thor trilogy are like 2% and our chances of not getting a complete Cap trilogy are as high as 5%.
The chances are higher that FOX makes another Daredevil movie than MS not making Thor 3 & Cap 3

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #122
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
The chances are higher that FOX makes another Daredevil movie than MS not making Thor 3 & Cap 3

Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #123
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #124
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
So you see a phase 3 with no solo movies based on Marvel Studios 3 biggest characters?

Good luck with that, bro. 3 c-listers, and a character that has failed at the box office twice replacing profitable franchises.
Listen, bro, the studio can't afford more than two movies per year & they want Avengers movies every 3 years. That means we're only getting 4 movies in between ANT-MAN & Avengers 2.

You really think Feige would rather pump out three more sequels to existing characters than introduce three new characters already rumored to be in the casting process?

Also, Whedon wants another Hulk. The guy's convinced he can make a profitable Hulk movie. The likelihood of Hulk 2 taking one of those 4 Phase III slots is much greater than the studio rehashing Cap or Thor.

The other thing you're not taking into account is that because this is a shared universe the individual approach to characters is compromised. That shifts focus from completing solo trilogies to allowing new characters to join the universe.

So in summary, its either:

-BLACK PANTHER
-DOCTOR STRANGE
-THE INHUMANS
-THE INCREDIBLE HULK: PART II

Or

-IRON MAN 4
-CAPTAIN AMERICA 3
-THOR III
-GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II

Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #125
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post

I think we could get Cap 3 if they don't cover Red Skull in Cap 2. His return could definitely be a good basis for a third Captain America film.

As for everything else you said...I SURE HOPE SO!

ゴジラ
Closed Thread