Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #701
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I don't mean so much that she wouldn't take a one off film, more that she'd be unlikely to commit to anything beyond that as the Avengers actors so far have been contracted to do. And I think most would rather get the actress who will stay in that role long term now ie possibly someone a bit lower profile. The other thing is that the role would probably not be big enough given the number of leading characters already. I'd be really happy to be wrong on that though as she'd be my no.1 pick.
That's kinda random though, I mean, would we ever think Sam Jackson and Robert Downey Jr, stars who are bigger critically and commercially, to go for this multi-movie contacts. Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman the same. I think actors commit to long term projects that are interesting to them, and I don't think anyone gets 'too big' for that, if the movies themselves are big enough.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #702
Chewy
REDACTED

RDJ was literally uninsurable a year before he signed on for Iron Man. So yes, at that point in his career I'm sure he was happy to sign a multi-film contract.

Sam Jackson signs multi-film contracts like they're deposit slips.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #703
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ lmao so true haha.

Hey so you guys saw the marvel one shot right? Item 47? Do you think that those two are going to be the stars of the new show? I think they very well could bee setting that up???

Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #704
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ lmao so true haha.

Hey so you guys saw the marvel one shot right? Item 47? Do you think that those two are going to be the stars of the new show? I think they very well could bee setting that up???
I think we'll definitely be seeing more of Sitwell here and there, since he's cheap and a familiar face. But as for being the star? I don't know. I don't know enough about his character to know whether he is star material or better suited in a supporting role. It sounds to me that it'll be more focused on S.H.I.E.L.D. recruits than the higher-up experienced agents.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #705
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
^ lmao so true haha.

No. Unfortunately. There was a report a couple weeks ago that listed the main characters (no actors cast yet) in SHIELD, and all of them were completely new inventions for the MCU. Fairly generic, IIRC.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #706
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I would like to see another female on the team and I do think Ms Marvel is a good candidate. She can hold her own on the front lines as someone said unlike BW
Natasha held her own pretty damn well in The Avengers. She was right in the thick of the fighting at ground zero for the Chitauri invasion, took out Barton in hand-to-hand combat, skyjacked a Chitauri sled and used the dead body of a soldier she had killed to steer it and was the one who closed the portal to end the battle. If that isn't "holding her own," I don't know what is.

When people diss the Black Widow's contributions to the Avengers I sometimes think they watched an entirely different movie from the one the rest of the world saw. "What's that girl gonna do with the little gun?" Cap a ****ing alien in the head, take his bigger gun and slaughter a bunch more of his friends. Black Widow gave a master class in badass in that movie, and she didn't need superpowers to do it.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #707
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
RDJ was literally uninsurable a year before he signed on for Iron Man. So yes, at that point in his career I'm sure he was happy to sign a multi-film contract.

Sam Jackson signs multi-film contracts like they're deposit slips.
Lol, that's a good point. I guess, I just imagine Theron as someone who really, really wants to be play a superhero. I could be wrong though.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #708
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Natasha held her own pretty damn well in The Avengers. She was right in the thick of the fighting at ground zero for the Chitauri invasion, took out Barton in hand-to-hand combat, skyjacked a Chitauri sled and used the dead body of a soldier she had killed to steer it and was the one who closed the portal to end the battle. If that isn't "holding her own," I don't know what is.

When people diss the Black Widow's contributions to the Avengers I sometimes think they watched an entirely different movie from the one the rest of the world saw. "What's that girl gonna do with the little gun?" Cap a ****ing alien in the head, take his bigger gun and slaughter a bunch more of his friends. Black Widow gave a master class in badass in that movie, and she didn't need superpowers to do it.
I just finished watching the movie again, and all I'll say is you're right.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 AM   #709
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
^ lmao so true haha.

Dont think so since I believe that the actress is going to be in a new tv show.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #710
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I think we'll definitely be seeing more of Sitwell here and there, since he's cheap and a familiar face. But as for being the star? I don't know. I don't know enough about his character to know whether he is star material or better suited in a supporting role. It sounds to me that it'll be more focused on S.H.I.E.L.D. recruits than the higher-up experienced agents.
Wasn't talking about Sitwell, I was talking about the couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No. Unfortunately. There was a report a couple weeks ago that listed the main characters (no actors cast yet) in SHIELD, and all of them were completely new inventions for the MCU. Fairly generic, IIRC.
Ahh, oh well. Woulda been cool

Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 AM   #711
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
That's kinda random though, I mean, would we ever think Sam Jackson and Robert Downey Jr, stars who are bigger critically and commercially, to go for this multi-movie contacts. Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman the same. I think actors commit to long term projects that are interesting to them, and I don't think anyone gets 'too big' for that, if the movies themselves are big enough.
Sam J & Morgan Freeman often take supporting roles in this kind of genre. RDJ became huge after Iron Man & Avengers helps keep him there. Also he has a starring role. Bale signed one film at a time so there was no long term commitment, plus he was the lead of the film. If the Ms Marvel role were to be on a par with Iron Man it would be more likely. I'm not really disagreeing with you anyway, it's just a feeling I have that might get in the way of Theron taking a multi-film support role. Like I say I very much hope you are right.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #712
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope with this film that Marvel and Whedon hire some expert folks who know on how to choreograph great action sequences. Aside from Natasha's fight with Hawkeye, Loki's assault on SHIELD upon his arrival, I found the rest of the action in the Avengers to be standard at times.

For example; you have two powerful individuals like Thor and Loki, and yet their fight with each other on top of Stark Tower was anything but epic. If you were to show those two to a group of people who had no idea on what they could do power wise, you wouldn't really know that those two were physically more powerful than most of the Avengers.

And the gun fight with Fury and Hill against the fake SHIELD agents on board the hellcarrier was just really sad. It was basic shots of them shooting at the henchmen, I mean a film student could have filmed that part.

I really feel like that they need to up the action scenes when it comes to intensity as well. Hell, for all of the bad and crappy things that Bay has done in his film, that guy at least knows on how to film a great action sequence; I wish we could have those types of intense action sequences in the Avenger films.

And for the love of god, I hope that for this film, we actually have a scene where the entire group the opposing enemy together instead of them just separating across the area and only getting one shot of them assembling and a long pan shot of them in either pairs or alone across the area.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #713
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

If Ms Marvel does happen which name should they use for her?

Old 10-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #714
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope with this film that Marvel and Whedon hire some expert folks who know on how to choreograph great action sequences. Aside from Natasha's fight with Hawkeye, Loki's assault on SHIELD upon his arrival, I found the rest of the action in the Avengers to be standard at times.

For example; you have two powerful individuals like Thor and Loki, and yet their fight with each other on top of Stark Tower was anything but epic. If you were to show those two to a group of people who had no idea on what they could do power wise, you wouldn't really know that those two were physically more powerful than most of the Avengers.

And the gun fight with Fury and Hill against the fake SHIELD agents on board the hellcarrier was just really sad. It was basic shots of them shooting at the henchmen, I mean a film student could have filmed that part.

I really feel like that they need to up the action scenes when it comes to intensity as well. Hell, for all of the bad and crappy things that Bay has done in his film, that guy at least knows on how to film a great action sequence; I wish we could have those types of intense action sequences in the Avenger films.

And for the love of god, I hope that for this film, we actually have a scene where the entire group the opposing enemy together instead of them just separating across the area and only getting one shot of them assembling and a long pan shot of them in either pairs or alone across the area.
Definitely need one scene of them all fighting together. Plus they need to be in a lot more danger. Now that they've got a (very) successful intro film out of the way hopefully they can be more adventurous on all the fronts you mentioned.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #715
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Do remember that they have to fit allot into about 2 hours. The fight scene between the chitarui and The Avengers would not have been so memorable and epic if half of it had been taken up by Thor and Loki fighting.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #716
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If Ms Marvel does happen which name should they use for her?
I think it should be Captain Marvel. "Ms. Marvel" just doesn't strike me as that powerful.

You could even have a playful dialogue about it, referencing her old name.

PERSON: Uh, excuse me, miss--?
CAROL: It's Captain.

idk, just spit-balling. Could also be funny with Captain America and Captain Marvel on the same team. Provides for fun banter

Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #717
Chewy
REDACTED

Basically this

Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #718
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
I think it should be Captain Marvel. "Ms. Marvel" just doesn't strike me as that powerful.
Just wondering what the general public would think of those names. Not sure tbh.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #719
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You already got one Captain. Now they could either just leave it alone or make some off remark about that, because it will be noticed if Whedon is involved.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #720
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The name Captain Marvel comes with a buttload of baggage, imho. Not just on Marvel's side, where it's been applied to *several* characters both male and female, but of course in DC Comics as well.

I still think Warbird is an ideal name, especially if they give Carol the fighter pilot backstory.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #721
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I still think Warbird is an ideal name, especially if they give Carol the fighter pilot backstory.
That's what I was thinking.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #722
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Do remember that they have to fit allot into about 2 hours. The fight scene between the chitarui and The Avengers would not have been so memorable and epic if half of it had been taken up by Thor and Loki fighting.
Exactly, and it's not just a time thing, but a budget thing. We got minute after minute of team ups and such and such and such, lots of practical effects and a few CGI flourishes for entrances/exits and backgrounds... and the Hulk. I don't think the movie could have come in on budget if they had Thor dropping New York sized Thunderstorms on Loki while Loki creates a hundred images of himself to battle.

And even if they could afford to put that in too, herolee, a fight choreographer would have nothing to do with it.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #723
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Exactly, and it's not just a time thing, but a budget thing. We got minute after minute of team ups and such and such and such, lots of practical effects and a few CGI flourishes for entrances/exits and backgrounds... and the Hulk. I don't think the movie could have come in on budget if they had Thor dropping New York sized Thunderstorms on Loki while Loki creates a hundred images of himself to battle.

And even if they could afford to put that in too, herolee, a fight choreographer would have nothing to do with it.
True on budget but the next one's going to do another $1.5B+ so they have some breathing room on that front.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #724
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:

Well, there is that one fight choreographer that specializes in supernatural attacks, but she's a ***** to afford.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #725
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post

You could even have a playful dialogue about it, referencing her old name.

PERSON: Uh, excuse me, miss--?
CAROL: It's Captain.

idk, just spit-balling. Could also be funny with Captain America and Captain Marvel on the same team. Provides for fun banter
Nah. Carol is fine for me. Carol is Ms. Marvel. I don't care that she is now Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel, in my eyes, was, is, and always will be Mar-vell. Period.

Not gunna lie, I have become less of a fan since the name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Basically this

There is something about this I don't like. Maybe its because of personal experience, but I hate arrogant personalities in women, even if its a fictional super hero. Which is weird, because even though I hate that about Ms. Marvel, she's my favorite female hero.

Quote:
The name Captain Marvel comes with a buttload of baggage, imho. Not just on Marvel's side, where it's been applied to *several* characters both male and female, but of course in DC Comics as well.

Yeah. It can't be Captain Marvel. I hate that. To me, Captain Marvel will ALWAYS...ALWAYS be Mar-vell. Always. Hell, if Ms. Marvel appears, I'd hope her power origins are somewhat Kree originated. If that is the case, maybe we can get Mar-vell in a possible Guardians sequel.

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Closed Thread