The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #26
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

let's hope that the film was given at least a 200 million dollar budget so that they can do more with their material this time around.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #27
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Huzzah! Bring it on!

Shame about Sif though. I was looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Jane turning up. So I hope they still find a way to give her relevant scenes in the movie.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #28
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Loki had placed the Casket onto the device that activated the Bi-Frost Bridge, which is the reason why we saw the place being frozen up with that interesting looking icicle tree inside of it. The casket most likely fell into the darkest part of the cosmos when Thor destroyed the bridge.
I can't believe I missed that after having watched the movie about 10 times. I had always thought he cast a spell to do that.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #29
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Official Synopsis:

Quote: Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Sacrifice everything? I hope not! I want there to be a Thor 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Huzzah! Bring it on!

Shame about Sif though. I was looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Jane turning up. So I hope they still find a way to give her relevant scenes in the movie.
Jaimie Alexander originally went to London at the end of July, tweeting that she would be working on Thor 2 for 5 months. I have this recollection that she was going to be in NY doing physical therapy, and she flew there on I think the 6th. Therefore, there must surely be a lot of scenes left for Sif to be in to be filmed in Nov-Dec. And she did some close-ups after she was discharged from the London hospital and before she flew to New York. They just had to cut her out of some of it (and possibly rearrange the filming order) to keep the production on schedule.

I do hope everyone sees the wisdom in hiring a stunt double for her, though.

I think it's highly likely you will get your wish regarding a Jane-reaction scene. Jane's going to interact with Odin, so we will get to see his reaction as well.

And Thor will have a mighty challenge! Huzzah!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
crounsa810
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Loki had placed the Casket onto the device that activated the Bi-Frost Bridge, which is the reason why we saw the place being frozen up with that interesting looking icicle tree inside of it. The casket most likely fell into the darkest part of the cosmos when Thor destroyed the bridge.
Maybe into the hands of a....dark elf.....on a...dark world?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #31
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post

Old 10-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #32
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post

Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #33
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post

Jaimie Alexander originally went to London at the end of July, tweeting that she would be working on Thor 2 for 5 months. I have this recollection that she was going to be in NY doing physical therapy, and she flew there on I think the 6th. Therefore, there must surely be a lot of scenes left for Sif to be in to be filmed in Nov-Dec. And she did some close-ups after she was discharged from the London hospital and before she flew to New York. They just had to cut her out of some of it (and possibly rearrange the filming order) to keep the production on schedule.

I do hope everyone sees the wisdom in hiring a stunt double for her, though.

I think it's highly likely you will get your wish regarding a Jane-reaction scene. Jane's going to interact with Odin, so we will get to see his reaction as well.

And Thor will have a mighty challenge! Huzzah!
How do we know for sure that Jane will interact with Odin?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #34
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Hopkins let it slip a little while back.
http://moviehole.net/201255497odin-a...2-says-hopkins

Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #35
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yep it's safe to say Surtur will be strongly foreshadowed, I love the "predates the universe itself" line.

I'm not too sad about Sif's role being reduced a bit, especially if it gives the Warrior's 3 more time to shine.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

....I love how just a few weeks ago everybody was shooting down my Surtur theory completely, and now you guys are jumping all over it.....bandwagoners.

That being said, there is another slight possibility to consider. It's a very obscure character, from back in my day, but the description seems to fit perfectly: predates the Universe, too powerful for even Thor and Odin to take down, and his main power involves darkness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dweller_in_darkness

The Dweller-in-Darkness first appeared in Thor comics; and later became a recurring enemy of Dr. Strange. Which would also lend credence to the Dr. Strange casting rumor.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #37
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm pretty sure everyone was shooting down Surtur actually being the villain and that hasn't changed.

People have been saying Surtur is going to play a background role for a while, so no one's saying anything new.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #38
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
....I love how just a few weeks ago everybody was shooting down my Surtur theory completely, and now you guys are jumping all over it.....bandwagoners.
Yeah, I was shooting down the "Surtur is the boss battle of TDW" theory. Still holding to that.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #39
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Hopkins let it slip a little while back.
http://moviehole.net/201255497odin-a...2-says-hopkins
Wow, that's cool to hear. It's going to be crazy to see how the Allfather interacts with a human.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Here's the thing about Surtur, though: he doesn't "predate the universe itself," not by a long shot. Nor does he "plunge the world into darkness" --- he sets it on fire. Literally.

That synopsis seems to indicate (at least) two separate plots going on. First, he "battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos." That sounds very much like the debut of Thanos, and the writers may make him even more ancient than the comics book do.

Then, you get a deliberate ellipsis...as in: "and then...." "but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness." As in, the second threat emerges with Malekith, Kurse and the Dark Elves.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #41
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Maybe it makes more sense that Thanos is in the background. It would be a good way to introduce him without having him play an important role in the movie; save his real debut for GotG.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Try not to over-analyze everything. I've noticed you do quite a bit of that.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #43
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:

That being said, there is another slight possibility to consider. It's a very obscure character, from back in my day, but the description seems to fit perfectly: predates the Universe, too powerful for even Thor and Odin to take down, and his main power involves darkness.

The Dweller-in-Darkness first appeared in Thor comics; and later became a recurring enemy of Dr. Strange. Which would also lend credence to the Dr. Strange casting rumor.
He "feeds off of fear"?

I'd prefer a character not paralleling any aspect of the failure that was the Green Lantern.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #44
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
He "feeds off of fear"?

I'd prefer a character not paralleling any aspect of the failure that was the Green Lantern.

I agree. That can be fun to enjoy in a comic. But I think in a movie it can be tedious and not fun and enjoyable as part of a plot because we humans start analyzing and get bored saying, oh hum, yeah yeah yeah, everybody has fear, even if it's a courageous fear(so wouldn't that be fear or this, or that be fear, etc.) You just open up a can of worms and start sliding all over the place.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #45
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Wow, that's cool to hear. It's going to be crazy to see how the Allfather interacts with a human.
Hope he treats coffee cups better than Thor

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #46
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Here's the thing about Surtur, though: he doesn't "predate the universe itself," not by a long shot. Nor does he "plunge the world into darkness" --- he sets it on fire. Literally.

That synopsis seems to indicate (at least) two separate plots going on. First, he "battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos." That sounds very much like the debut of Thanos, and the writers may make him even more ancient than the comics book do.

Then, you get a deliberate ellipsis...as in: "and then...." "but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness." As in, the second threat emerges with Malekith, Kurse and the Dark Elves.
Well you STILL have Those who sit above in Shadow as well. I mean there IS a stone Tablet in Odin's Vault about them, Dark Evles might just be the tip of the Dark World.

Edit: also those demons that attack Beta Ray Bill's homeworld......

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 10-13-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #47
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Try not to over-analyze everything. I've noticed you do quite a bit of that.
So, my comment was not intended to be serious. The statement in Marvel's press release struck me as a bit of an exaggeration. One assumes they want there to be a Thor 3, too.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #48
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone was shooting down Surtur actually being the villain and that hasn't changed.

People have been saying Surtur is going to play a background role for a while, so no one's saying anything new.
Quote:

Idk guys. Sounds TOO much like Surtur. I mean...this IS the Malekith arc fom Simonson's run. It's the same damn thing practically.

And Sam, I was just about to look for you and say congrats, looks like you were right. In a way. Surtur will indeed be behind the scenes. I think it will be surtur, not Thanos. Let Thor stay to Thor.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #49
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Official Synopsis:

Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, “Thor: The Dark World” is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery” #83 in August, 1962.

“Thor: The Dark World” is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
good description can't wait to see the first teaser trailer.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #50
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here's the thing about Surtur, though: he doesn't "predate the universe itself," not by a long shot.
When did Surtur come into existence?

Closed Thread