The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #51
Xerox21
New User - Level 0

Default Re: Batman III: The Untold Story That Takes Place After Returns

Is this really happening? If so. Then i am going to stick around. But by the looks of it. This thread has been inactive for a while. You still writing the book? and how is that website coming along?

Xerox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #52
Lord
All Mighty

This project seems dead as i feared.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #53
danlav05
Side-Kick

A high quality fan film following Batman Returns. Dead.

A short prequel to Batman 1989 with high praise from Batman on Film. Dead

A Burton directed Broadway show with music from Jim Steinman. Dead.

Someone up there wants the Burton verse left alone, which is tragic. Maybe Mister Meddle could surprise us or has lost his SHH password?

Last edited by danlav05; 07-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
danlav05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #54
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlav05 View Post

A Burton directed Broasdway show with music from Jim Steinman. Dead.

Someone up there wants the Burton verse left alone, which is tragic. Maybe Mister Meddle could surprise us or has lost his SHH password?
That's because the show's story/music was really, really bad.

I do wish there was a GN for Burton's Batman 3 though.

Why is the fan film dead?

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #55
danlav05
Side-Kick

Lack of finance. It was promised on BFF and just disappeared. I think it was due to feature the Scareccrow. This was 2004/05 though.

I'm a huge Steinman fan and I love how bombastic the demos were - Wonderful Toys was mental; Catwoman's Song was good and I loved Still The Children.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #56
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I mean, I do think the musical can be altered, but it's so bad as is.

That's sad about the fan film though, but at least it's not like WB or Burton put a stop to it.

Majik1387 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #57
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Quote:

A Burton directed Broadway show with music from Jim Steinman. Dead.

I'm still alive but it's just that I've been busy.

Believe it or not I'm still working on this but the progress is quite slow due to all of the stuff that's going on in my life.

I can't give a precise date but it will be complete.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #58
danlav05
Side-Kick

OK, no disrespect - just we hadn't heard from you in a while.

So glad it lives - take your time it should be something quite special

Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #59
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I really hoe this happens looks very cool

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #60
TheNecessaryEvi

I've been lurking on here for awhile, and it is awesome to hear you are still working on this! I cannot wait for the finished product!

TheNecessaryEvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #61
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Thanks for the support everyone! It means a lot, especially after abandoning this thread nearly a year ago. I'm really focused on making the story perfect. When I say perfect I mean something that's entertaining, would work as a film and follows the Tim Burton/Batman trend.

I do not plan on changing the rain theme, as seen in the official logo on page one. I'm happy with it the way it is. Obviously it was created and posted many months before the release of the rain themed The Dark Knight Rises movie posters.

The Batskiboat will make a return in this story as well as the debut of an additional vehicle. The ski-boat will not be used in the sewers but on water.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #62
Lord
All Mighty

Glad to see it's still alive, good luck, it looks promising, cool to see you're following the idea of a new vehicle every movie, have you decided about the villains yet?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #63
TheWatcher
Dapper

I really cant wait to hear more on this!

Neat stuff!

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #64
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

This was a project I was really hoping would come to life, hopefully someday Meddle you'll find the time to complete it up to your standards.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #65
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Glad to see it's still alive, good luck, it looks promising, cool to see you're following the idea of a new vehicle every movie, have you decided about the villains yet?
The main villains are Two Face and Riddler. It was shortly after the announcement of the project I decided to change it due to the rumors of Billy Dee William's involvement. As many may know by now he was supposed to be in Batman Returns but was replaced with Max Schreck. Burton already introduced him in the first film and showcased what he considered as the two most popular villains in his first two movies (Joker and Penguin) so it seems logical for him to finally bring out Riddler and Two Face. Originally I didn't want to include Harvey Dent because I didn't want this to become a re-imagined Batman Forever but it's clear that the two were most likely going to be in Burton's Batman 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
I really cant wait to hear more on this!

Neat stuff!
Thanks for the support man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
This was a project I was really hoping would come to life, hopefully someday Meddle you'll find the time to complete it up to your standards.
It's still going to happen. But the process is much slower than originally expected. I have a job, going to attend school shortly and been spending more time with my friends and girl as of late hence I kind of vanished from SHH for awhile. This project never vanished from the back of my head, I'm still working on it. The wait will definitely be worth it, I'll post updates in this thread more often.

Last edited by Mister Meddle; 10-13-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Mister Meddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #66
TheWatcher
Dapper

No problem!

I've sorta had an obsession with an expanded Burton verse.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #67
danlav05
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
The main villains are Two Face and Riddler. It was shortly after the announcement of the project I decided to change it due to the rumors of Billy Dee William's involvement. As many may know by now he was supposed to be in Batman Returns but was replaced with Max Schreck. Burton already introduced him in the first film and showcased what he considered as the two most popular villains in his first two movies (Joker and Penguin) so it seems logical for him to finally bring out Riddler and Two Face. Originally I didn't want to include Harvey Dent because I didn't want this to become a re-imagined Batman Forever but it's clear that the two were most likely going to be in Burton's Batman 3.

Thanks for the support man.

It's still going to happen. But the process is much slower than originally expected. I have a job, going to attend school shortly and been spending more time with my friends and girl as of late hence I kind of vanished from SHH for awhile. This project never vanished from the back of my head, I'm still working on it. The wait will definitely be worth it, I'll post updates in this thread more often.
Really excited for this. I do apologise sincerely for commenting on your absence and quickly doubting your return. I hope it didn't come across as arrogance.

I gues no news can really be good news

Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #68
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

DareDevil having a black Kingpin caused a lot of anger
Changing Heimdall from white to black in the movie still caused some ruckus, and he was a minor player compared to the rest
Black Robin....can't grasp all the anger this one will get, if it ever happened

Your ideas are interesting, I'll gladly forget Forever in favor of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
darker logo:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Clean-er version:

Mortal Kombat II

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #69
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Quote:
Really excited for this. I do apologise sincerely for commenting on your absence and quickly doubting your return. I hope it didn't come across as arrogance.

I gues no news can really be good news
It's all good no worries. I don't blame you. I constantly see people announcing projects and eventually forget about it and it seemed the same was happening with this. Thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
DareDevil having a black Kingpin caused a lot of anger
Changing Heimdall from white to black in the movie still caused some ruckus, and he was a minor player compared to the rest
Black Robin....can't grasp all the anger this one will get, if it ever happened

Your ideas are interesting, I'll gladly forget Forever in favor of this

Mortal Kombat II
Thanks for the support man. Haha yeah, not to sound racist but it would be extremely difficult to accept a black Robin but on the other hand I would have an issue with Robin being a blond as well. But it makes it fun for the project. It's going to be very different than the usual but a lot what you would expect from Burton. Lol, I never realized that with the Mortal Kombat 2 logo.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #70
titansupes
Side-Kick

Only just discovered this thread! It sounds great. I hate to do this but...

Progress?

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #71
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Only just discovered this thread! It sounds great. I hate to do this but...

Progress?
The project is still on. I'll provide a big update later. I've been making so many changes, one of those changes is the style of drawing I'll be using. Hence the new concept art of Batman.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #72
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

That looks really awesome man. I'd really love to see this completed some day. This is something that I feel could really catch on with the fanbase. Who knows, in this day and age where things go viral you could potentially even launch yourself into a career at DC.

Rooting for you man

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #73
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Thanks for the support! Lately I've been working on it A LOT. A big reason it's taking a long time is because I completely re-did the story and drawings (still working on it). I'm just making this as a fan, not really expecting anything to come out of it. It's a fantasy Bat-story that I very much wish a movie director or a writer/artist would make.

This probably won't become a popular decision however I completely dropped the "what would Tim Burton do" approach. The reason for that is because Tim is very artistic and seems to believe in the old saying "less is more". I find his universe so fascinating that I kind of have to break away from the "what would Tim Burton do" approach in order to allow myself to fully explore his universe and characters in ways he would never dream of doing. It also gives me the ability to use my own creativity and because of that I believe the final product will be ten times better.

Like I said, Batman III will be exploring the Tim Burton universe in a different level. And, unlike Batman & Batman Returns, the primary focus will be on Bruce Wayne/Batman. The story will very much make up for a lot that we missed out on in Tim Burton's movies. It will also fix several loopholes and it will very much feel like a sequel to Batman & Batman Returns.

The story will be very psychological and it will be darker than the first two acts. I'm a big fan of psychology in all areas, usually it's the only thing I bother to read these days. So I feel that I could use my knowledge to help give this a really neat psychological twist. Because of this (and everything else that I mentioned in this post) I'm actually more excited about the project than I was two years ago.

Right now I'm drawing everything on paper. Once everything is complete I'll scan each of them and draw over the digital versions on a drawing tablet. Then everything will be colored in and put together on photoshop. I'm looking for a decent tablet that will work perfectly for this project.

I'll post several drawings in the next several days. I'm having issues with my scanner but hopefully I'll get it to work soon. One of the drawings I'll definitely post is one of Batman's new vehicles. It's going to be called Batwing II. It's a new and improved version of the original Batwing. It definitely has more of an upgraded look.

Last edited by Mister Meddle; 06-06-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Mister Meddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #74
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

This sounds like such a cool idea. This really appeals to that confused 6 year old in me that was left hanging waiting for a true sequel to Batman Returns.

I also think you're making the right call to be a little more free about what you explore in the story. Sam Hamm and Daniel Waters delivered two very different screenplays with very different styles. This isn't like Nolan's universe where there's a specific style of writing for each film, so I think as long as you stay true to Burton's visual style,*it'll feel like a natural extension of that universe.

I'm also not sure what the legalities are since it's copyrighted characters and such, but I would totally buy a print of it when it's done if you made it available. It'd be a cool thing to put on the shelf.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #75
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
This sounds like such a cool idea. This really appeals to that confused 6 year old in me that was left hanging waiting for a true sequel to Batman Returns.

I also think you're making the right call to be a little more free about what you explore in the story. Sam Hamm and Daniel Waters delivered two very different screenplays with very different styles. This isn't like Nolan's universe where there's a specific style of writing for each film, so I think as long as you stay true to Burton's visual style,*it'll feel like a natural extension of that universe.

I'm also not sure what the legalities are since it's copyrighted characters and such, but I would totally buy a print of it when it's done if you made it available. It'd be a cool thing to put on the shelf.
Thanks man. There isn't going to be any issues because the digital graphic novel will be offered for free. Honestly I'm making this for myself, I always wanted to see a third act that takes place in Tim Burton's Batman universe. However I'm inviting the public to check it out, hoping that they will find it as entertaining as I did.

Batman III will very much stay true to the Burton visuals. Gotham will look like a combination of the city from Batman and Batman Returns. Wayne Manor will be the same as the one from Batman Returns. Same with the cave however the technology is up to date (wide screen LCD monitors instead of tube television monitors for the Batcomputer, etc).

You can forget about Two Face and the Riddler. Like I said this is no longer a "what would Tim Burton do" story. This is still taking place in his universe however I'm deciding on how it should be explored, what should be revealed (in Burton's universe) and who is next to terrorize Gotham. There is a villain that easily surpasses Dent and Riddler combined. He's a much better fit for Burton's universe, this villain is allowing me to take my creativity to an extreme whether it's the story or the art.