The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

out of curiosity, does anyone know who the kid in the green shirt there is? If he's an actor or just another fan. It seems odd that picture would be up with the pics of Levi and Tom like this, and have that kid not be an actor on the film as well, no? Especially since he's pictured by himself with the girls and not with the other two. I admit I could be grasping at straws here. Could be wishful thinking on my part definitely, but that kid surely could pass for a teenage Loki, I think. And it seems like, considering the childhood flashback in the first film, we could definitely get treated to a flashback of young Thor and Loki when they were still friends, before the you know what hit the fan.

on the discussion over an ancient evil being involved, I admittedly am not totally versed in the comic books for Thor (I was more into xmen comics when I was a kid), but then again people need to keep in mind that the movies never seem to go along exactly with what the comics do anyway. It's just impossible to do in a film because there is SO MUCH out there for some of these long running stories and characters. However, my feeling is that they are doing more foreshadowing and building up towards Thanos in Avengers 2, so that is a really big buildup. rather than putting in yet another new villian that is super bad and seemingly impossible to defeat here, they will instead be hinting about Thanos and how bad he is in Thor 2, and like in Avengers we may only get a glimpse if that, but he will be pulling some strings probably. It seems likely he'd be trying to work out a way to get his hands on Loki to punish him for his failure in Avengers. Otherwise I think the main baddies are those that we already have heard about Malekith, etc, with possibly Thanos lurking behind the scenes still as a lead up to Avengers 2. And that may require some reworking of his history, but as I said, I dont think any of the movies of this genre that I've seen so far have followed characters histories exactly, sometimes even doing some pretty drastic changes for the sake of the film (for instance I consider movie Rogue to be VERY different from Comic book Rogue, Pyro was another one that was very very different. Not necessarily in a bad way for either, but definitely different)

And speaking of changing things around for the sake of films. is anyone else troubled by Tyr appearing? I mean they said outright in the first film that Thor is first born and never mention Tyr. And yet the actor playing Tyr is clearly older than Chris. I find it hard to believe that Odin would not know he had another son. It doesnt bother me so much if they make a change from the comics, since sometimes it is necessary to the story for film, but to completely reverse something that was said in the previous movie? I mean, huh? Also from what I have read about Tyr, he is another troublesome brother, and I'm not sure Thor really needs yet another brother like that to deal with. I have a theory that possibly he will wind up being reinvented as a younger brother of Odin, come to try to take Asgard from Odin, and to sort of parallel Loki and Thor's conflicts. Will have to wait and see if I am right. But I feel like that might be much more interesting than just another troublemaking brother for Thor. also remember Laufey saying the house of Odin is full of traitors. Not just one but plural! I have a feeling we may find out more about that with the introduction of this character.