The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #76
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

out of curiosity, does anyone know who the kid in the green shirt there is? If he's an actor or just another fan. It seems odd that picture would be up with the pics of Levi and Tom like this, and have that kid not be an actor on the film as well, no? Especially since he's pictured by himself with the girls and not with the other two. I admit I could be grasping at straws here. Could be wishful thinking on my part definitely, but that kid surely could pass for a teenage Loki, I think. And it seems like, considering the childhood flashback in the first film, we could definitely get treated to a flashback of young Thor and Loki when they were still friends, before the you know what hit the fan.

on the discussion over an ancient evil being involved, I admittedly am not totally versed in the comic books for Thor (I was more into xmen comics when I was a kid), but then again people need to keep in mind that the movies never seem to go along exactly with what the comics do anyway. It's just impossible to do in a film because there is SO MUCH out there for some of these long running stories and characters. However, my feeling is that they are doing more foreshadowing and building up towards Thanos in Avengers 2, so that is a really big buildup. rather than putting in yet another new villian that is super bad and seemingly impossible to defeat here, they will instead be hinting about Thanos and how bad he is in Thor 2, and like in Avengers we may only get a glimpse if that, but he will be pulling some strings probably. It seems likely he'd be trying to work out a way to get his hands on Loki to punish him for his failure in Avengers. Otherwise I think the main baddies are those that we already have heard about Malekith, etc, with possibly Thanos lurking behind the scenes still as a lead up to Avengers 2. And that may require some reworking of his history, but as I said, I dont think any of the movies of this genre that I've seen so far have followed characters histories exactly, sometimes even doing some pretty drastic changes for the sake of the film (for instance I consider movie Rogue to be VERY different from Comic book Rogue, Pyro was another one that was very very different. Not necessarily in a bad way for either, but definitely different)

And speaking of changing things around for the sake of films. is anyone else troubled by Tyr appearing? I mean they said outright in the first film that Thor is first born and never mention Tyr. And yet the actor playing Tyr is clearly older than Chris. I find it hard to believe that Odin would not know he had another son. It doesnt bother me so much if they make a change from the comics, since sometimes it is necessary to the story for film, but to completely reverse something that was said in the previous movie? I mean, huh? Also from what I have read about Tyr, he is another troublesome brother, and I'm not sure Thor really needs yet another brother like that to deal with. I have a theory that possibly he will wind up being reinvented as a younger brother of Odin, come to try to take Asgard from Odin, and to sort of parallel Loki and Thor's conflicts. Will have to wait and see if I am right. But I feel like that might be much more interesting than just another troublemaking brother for Thor. also remember Laufey saying the house of Odin is full of traitors. Not just one but plural! I have a feeling we may find out more about that with the introduction of this character.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #77
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
out of curiosity, does anyone know who the kid in the green shirt there is? ... Could be wishful thinking on my part definitely, but that kid surely could pass for a teenage Loki, I think. And it seems like, considering the childhood flashback in the first film, we could definitely get treated to a flashback of young Thor and Loki when they were still friends, before the you know what hit the fan.
Yeah, I think flashbacks to their childhood would be interesting. People speak highly of the books that cover their adolescence; maybe the movie will draw from that material.

Quote:
And speaking of changing things around for the sake of films. is anyone else troubled by Tyr appearing? I mean they said outright in the first film that Thor is first born and never mention Tyr. And yet the actor playing Tyr is clearly older than Chris. I find it hard to believe that Odin would not know he had another son. It doesnt bother me so much if they make a change from the comics, since sometimes it is necessary to the story for film, but to completely reverse something that was said in the previous movie? I mean, huh? Also from what I have read about Tyr, he is another troublesome brother, and I'm not sure Thor really needs yet another brother like that to deal with. I have a theory that possibly he will wind up being reinvented as a younger brother of Odin, come to try to take Asgard from Odin, and to sort of parallel Loki and Thor's conflicts. Will have to wait and see if I am right. But I feel like that might be much more interesting than just another troublemaking brother for Thor. also remember Laufey saying the house of Odin is full of traitors. Not just one but plural! I have a feeling we may find out more about that with the introduction of this character.
I agree with you about their probably not needing another troublesome brother running around.

After the last discussion of Tyr, I remembered that in some of the myths, he is represented as being the son of (random giant by the name of) Hymir. So maybe they will use that idea in the film. Then the whole issue of whether Tyr could challenge Thor's claim to the throne goes away.

I could see them using the Odin's brother idea too. I had forgotten about Laufey's remark; this would be a natural way to follow up on it.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #78
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Tyr being Odin's brother (Thor's uncle) or nephew (Thor's cousin) would be fine by me.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #79
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post

I could see them using the Odin's brother idea too. I had forgotten about Laufey's remark; this would be a natural way to follow up on it.
I actually wish that Laufey had not died in Thor. The actor was fantastic especially with his scenes with Odin, and that very very interesting delivery of the line to Thor, "you know not what your actions will unleash. I do." (with a sadness and regret coming through, even with all that makeup). I feel like there was a lot more to explore there.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #80
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I actually wish that Laufey had not died in Thor. The actor was fantastic especially with his scenes with Odin, and that very very interesting delivery of the line to Thor, "you know not what your actions will unleash. I do." (with a sadness and regret coming through, even with all that makeup). I feel like there was a lot more to explore there.
Yeah, they've gotten a lot of talented people in a lot of the roles, and it makes so much of it a delight to watch!

And I agree, it sounds like there's more to explore. Looking forward to it!

Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #81
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Someone made a custom action figure based Thor's new garb in TDW. Not perfect, but pretty good.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-jo...ustom-stj.html

Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #82
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Beyonder would certainly fit the bill, and would be a literal reading of Simonson's Kurse story; so you might be on the money there. But Beyonder, classically, is something of a joke in fandom; and if he *is* going to be introduced, the first question that fanboys will ask is "OMG WHAR'S SECRET WARS?!?!?"
Yeah, really. I would be very surprised if the Beyonder appears, but anything's possible, I guess. More likely another entity filling the Beyonder's role in Simonson's story. Interesting stuff in any event.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #83
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

What do you think the chances are of Badylr turning up (excuse spelling)?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #84
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
Well, this came up before, but Surtur doesn't need to be in it much. He would be in the background, probably be the one who transforms Algrim into Kurse, and then he would emerge for the finale.

I'd say that's looking increasingly likely. Though there are other possibilities, of course.
I'd actually like for Surtur to transform Algrim into Kurse, it would probably even fit the story better than Beyonder transforming him.

However, I've always been a fan of sticking to the source material so Beyonder being included wouldn't be too shabby either.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-15-2012, 06:39 AM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
What do you think the chances are of Badylr turning up (excuse spelling)?
Do you mean Balder? If so, I really don't expect to see him in this movie, or even future Thor movies. I know some of the purists want him, but I just don't see how he'd fit into the MCU without looking like a random extraneous character.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #86
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Personally I can see Balder being hid away because he might have more knowledge on how to use something like a Tesseract, and to be safe from others trying to force him into doing things, they hid him away.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #87
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Speaking of Balder, I lucked out this weekend: I visited the comic bookshop in town and was browsing through their 50c bin and found two of the issues from Simonson's Balder miniseries. I read and enjoyed them. I'd like to see Balder, but, not at the expense of sacrificing screentime to the already large and awesome cast.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 10-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #88
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

You know, if Tom were to grow facial hair I seriously would not be able to tell the difference between him and Zachary Levi.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #89
Chewy
REDACTED

http://collider.com/ant-man-release-date/203130/

Disney announced 3D for this and IM3, finally set a date for Ant-Man (it ain't soon, lol)

Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #90
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Screw 3D! Even though I got the 3D blu-ray of Thor, I only got it because of the nifty "Limited Edition" cover hehe.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #91
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Disney announced 3D for this and IM3, finally set a date for Ant-Man (it ain't soon, lol)
It'll probably be a post-convert since there hasn't been much talk of them using actual 3D cameras for filming.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #92
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Maybe pym will be in avengers 2

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 10-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #93
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

nothing to do with Antman will be in Thor until Antman comes out. That's Marvel's deal

....to every King.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #94
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Still won't believe it until we see images and footage

....to every King.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #95
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Completely missed these!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Pics some chicks took in Iceland with Hiddles and Levi

....to every King.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #96
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Completely missed these!

Mh, I have to say I really liked Josh Dallas as Fandral. Not sure what to think of the new guy... Right now, I still prefer Dallas, cause he was perfect to me.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #97
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You've never seen Chuck?

Old 10-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #98
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
Mh, I have to say I really liked Josh Dallas as Fandral. Not sure what to think of the new guy... Right now, I still prefer Dallas, cause he was perfect to me.
Really? Never seen the TV show Chuck? Zachary Levi is awesome. Great in Tangled as well even though it was just his voice.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #99
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yeah and Josh Dallas had all of what, two lines?
Never really got any idead of how he was playing fandral from so little screen time...

Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #100
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You've never seen Chuck?
Nope. I think we don't get it here. Never heard of it before. I don't even know what the show's about lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Really? Never seen the TV show Chuck? Zachary Levi is awesome. Great in Tangled as well even though it was just his voice.
Tangled? '_'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah and Josh Dallas had all of what, two lines?
Never really got any idead of how he was playing fandral from so little screen time...
You know what they say.... There are no small roles, just small actors lol. He had a bit of a fighting scene too! I also remember him having more than just two lines lol. What do you mean? The Warrior's Three had not much screentime overall. They were just... there. Supporting crew Asgard I called them hehe. If THOR would be a Rock concert, the W3 would have been the Roadies lol. Can't go without them, you rarely see them, but they are there if you need them and things won't work without them

Besides, I do like Dallas in "Once Upon A Time". He was very good as Fandral. Gonna miss him. But I am open minded for the new actor ^_^

Closed Thread