The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Should Fox reboot Daredevil or make a sequel???
Reboot 200 64.10%
Sequel 82 26.28%
Who gives a F*** 30 9.62%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
Edguy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 477
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

I'm sure a million people have said this before me, but the best way to go with DD, would probably be to directly rip of Nolan's Batman, and of course scrap the Daredevil name for the title.

"The Man Without Fear", gritty and realistic semi-noir-ish action thriller. Maybe this even could be Nolan's next big project xD

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #27
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,328
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
I'm sure a million people have said this before me, but the best way to go with DD, would probably be to directly rip of Nolan's Batman, and of course scrap the Daredevil name for the title.

"The Man Without Fear", gritty and realistic semi-noir-ish action thriller. Maybe this even could be Nolan's next big project xD
I doubt Nolan would want to do another comic book movie, after spending all that time on the Batman films. I doubt Nolan would want to make DD his next project.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #28
Edguy
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 477
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

I know, but it could be pretty good if he did

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 AM   #29
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,121
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

I hope Marvel will ask Ben Affleck if he is interested in directing a DD reboot, since he is/was a big fan of the character.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

My dream team would be Fincher directing Hall. But Fincher would never do this.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #31
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,121
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
My dream team would be Fincher directing Hall. But Fincher would never do this.
Fincher would've requested that DD be set in its own universe if he takes on the job, and be given complete control, which Marvel won't have given it to him. Not that he will actually be interested in the first place since he doesn't seemed to want to direct a superhero movie.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #32
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,642
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Like Hugh Laurie, Gandolfini, Kyra Sedgwick et al, Hall is a tv star not a leading man on the big screen. Fincher directing a Marvel movie is more likely than Hall ever starring in a big budget superhero movie. great actor though.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #33
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Like Hugh Laurie, Gandolfini, Kyra Sedgwick et al, Hall is a tv star not a leading man on the big screen. Fincher directing a Marvel movie is more likely than Hall ever starring in a big budget superhero movie. great actor though.
What about George Clooney? Will Smith? Bruce Willis? Let's not forget how a good number of SNL alums have made some big movies. Sure, it's rare for TV actors to make the leap, but it does happen.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,642
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

George Clooney was considered a "hunk" since day one. Will Smith was a rapper before Fresh Prince and was still a young man when he crossed over to films. Bruce Willis did one tv show - a show that highlighted his strengths as a potential leading man - and then went straight into movies where he had a megahit in Die Hard. The SNL example is "apples and oranges" and therefore irrelevant.

Michael Hall isnt a movie star, and nothing about his work on Dexter suggests he ever will be. He could get "character actor" work in films, sure. In fact, he almost certainly will once Dexter is over. Or he can star in moderately budgeted niche films. But the idea that hes gonna be the next big action star is ludicrous. 0% chance that happening. Not dissing the guy cuz hes very good on an otherwise mediocre show. And he was great on Six Feet Under. He simply doesnt have the face or the resume for it. And hes like 42, so that kind of "buzz" would have already happened. It hasnt.

I understand "fantasy" choices for certain roles, but reality is what it is.

The upcoming movie Kill Your Darlings is exactly the kind of movie I expect from Hall going forward. Plus supporting work in bigger productions. To me, that's a great career. Hes talented enough that he will always get work I think.


Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-15-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
George Clooney was considered a "hunk" since day one. Will Smith was a rapper before Fresh Prince and was still a young man when he crossed over to films. Bruce Willis did one tv show - a show that highlighted his strengths as a potential leading man - and then went straight into movies where he had a megahit in Die Hard. The SNL example is "apples and oranges" and therefore irrelevant.

Michael Hall isnt a movie star, and nothing about his work on Dexter suggests he ever will be. He could get "character actor" work in films, sure. In fact, he almost certainly will once Dexter is over. Or he can star in moderately budgeted niche films. But the idea that hes gonna be the next big action star is ludicrous. 0% chance that happening. Not dissing the guy cuz hes very good on an otherwise mediocre show. And he was great on Six Feet Under. He simply doesnt have the face or the resume for it. And hes like 42, so that kind of "buzz" would have already happened. It hasnt.

I understand "fantasy" choices for certain roles, but reality is what it is.

The upcoming movie Kill Your Darlings is exactly the kind of movie I expect from Hall going forward. Plus supporting work in bigger productions. To me, that's a great career. Hes talented enough that he will always get work I think.
Let me point you to two actors who were known for "their character work" and were, until recently, pegged to be in "moderately budgeted niche films" for the rest of their acting careers. "The idea that [they were] gonna be the next big action star [was] ludicrous." Their names are Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner. And when Renner got his "big break" in the Hurt Locker, he was already in his 40s.

Whether or not Michael C. Hall or any other lead TV actor makes the leap into big-budget films, what I'm trying to say is that you cannot be so incredibly certain in writing someone off just because of his/her resume.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #36
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,328
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Now who should be the villain in the next DD movie? Should they have Kingpin and Bullseye again or someone else? Should they have Kingpin again, but with a different enforcer and save Bullseye for a sequel?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #37
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Now who should be the villain in the next DD movie? Should they have Kingpin and Bullseye again or someone else? Should they have Kingpin again, but with a different enforcer and save Bullseye for a sequel?
No Kingpin, no Bullseye.

He trains under Stick during the first act, dons the costume in the second & faces The Owl in the third. Kingpin gets revealed in the end.

Second movie you go full out Kingpin & bring in Bullseye.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #38
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,328
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
No Kingpin, no Bullseye.

He trains under Stick during the first act, dons the costume in the second & faces The Owl in the third. Kingpin gets revealed in the end.

Second movie you go full out Kingpin & bring in Bullseye.
Is Owl a compelling enough villain to carry a movie though? He always come across as a Big Bad wannabe rather then a true Big Bad in the comics nowadays. How many great Owl stories have there been? I don't think Owl has been that interesting, I think he would work best in a gang war story with the Kingpin.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #39
Changeling
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nilbog
Posts: 3,978
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

I think we need Kingpin in the first one...

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #40
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,642
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Vincent D'onofrio as Kingpin?



Kirk as DD?



Si? No?


Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 10-18-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #41
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Doesn't Sony own the rights to the Kingpin? Didn't Arad say back in July that he was on loan to Fox?

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #42
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Doesn't Sony own the rights to the Kingpin? Didn't Arad say back in July that he was on loan to Fox?
Good point.

Further evidence of how DD is dead cinematically. At least for another decade.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 AM   #43
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Yup. I think it will be a long wait for fans of ol' horn head.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:45 AM   #44
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Yup. I think it will be a long wait for fans of ol' horn head.
This depresses me.

I guess I can always dream of an R-rated Fincher-directed DD film starring Michael C. Hall, Michael Rooker as The Owl & James Gandolfini as Kingpin.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #45
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,642
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Oh well. I guess they could get by with Bullseye and Typhoid Mary. Maybe the Hand.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #46
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Oh well. I guess they could get by with Bullseye and Typhoid Mary. Maybe the Hand.
The Hand's a major villain in THE WOLVERINE. At least they were when Aronofsky rewrote McQuarrie's screenplay.

Whether or not FOX gave up The Hand when they gave up Daredevil is TBD.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 AM   #47
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
This depresses me.

I guess I can always dream of an R-rated Fincher-directed DD film starring Michael C. Hall, Michael Rooker as The Owl & James Gandolfini as Kingpin.
Me too. My dream of Born Again won't happen now. R-rated, authentic New York grittiness where you can smell the garbage, puke, urine and stale street falafel on screen. Knuckle breaking action and violence.

And the Kingpin.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #48
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Is Owl a compelling enough villain to carry a movie though? He always come across as a Big Bad wannabe rather then a true Big Bad in the comics nowadays. How many great Owl stories have there been? I don't think Owl has been that interesting, I think he would work best in a gang war story with the Kingpin.
I think the first arc was the best, though it would require some heavy grounding.

The guy's basically a training tool for DD to prepare for Kingpin. He's menacing & powerful enough to make for a good first foe.

I think Michael Rooker would nail him.


Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #49
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Michael C. Hall isnt a movie star, and nothing about his work on Dexter suggests he ever will be. He could get "character actor" work in films, sure. In fact, he almost certainly will once Dexter is over. Or he can star in moderately budgeted niche films. But the idea that hes gonna be the next big action star is ludicrous. 0% chance that happening. Not dissing the guy cuz hes very good on an otherwise mediocre show. And he was great on Six Feet Under. He simply doesnt have the face or the resume for it. And hes like 42, so that kind of "buzz" would have already happened. It hasnt.
WOW.

You really underestimate MCH.

To add insult to injury, you think he doesn't have "the face" to be an action star yet Chris Pine is a worthy candidate for DD. Sighs.

Jose Padilha, the brilliant mind behind the ELITE SQUAD films wanted MCH for ROBOCOP. His second choice was Fassbender.

Not only does Hall's face have tremendous charisma & ruggedness, but his acting abilities are fantastic.

What really shocks me about your rant against Hall & DEXTER is that if tomorrow the writers decided to make Dexter blind & equipped him with sonar senses - the show becomes DAREDEVIL.

The themes that make DD interesting have been explored on Dexter countless times.

I agree that some actors due to restrictions in acting range/looks will never translate well from TV to film. Michael C. Hall ain't one of them.

Once he exits DEXTER, the guy's going places.

This cover by Maleev screams Hall to me.



Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 10-18-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:45 AM   #50
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 790
Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Doesn't Sony own the rights to the Kingpin? Didn't Arad say back in July that he was on loan to Fox?
I question the accuracy of that statement actually. Because if Kingpin is Sony's based on the logic that he first appeared in a Spider-Man comic then Wolverine Belongs to Marvel (first appeared in a Hulk comic not X-Men) and Black Panther belongs to Fox (first appeared in Fantastic Four). Daredevil is a primary DD Villain so It should have been with that package. All the loan talk is weird because I never remembered seeing "Kingpin appearance courtesy of Sony Pictures" in the credits at the end of DD

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.