The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #76
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

My main focus right now is on MOS and only on MOS, I want this film to be amazing, and do not want to see a rushed JL film ruin its credibility.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 10-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #77
HighFivingMF
Welp.

They laughed at the concept of a Superman movie before there was a Superman movie. They laughed at the concept of a Batman movie before there was a Batman movie. They laughed at the concept of a Captain America movie, and they laughed for a while after there was a Captain America movie until there was another Captain America movie.

Last edited by HighFivingMF; 10-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #78
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
I understand and appreciate your sentiments. But “silly” in this case isn’t necessarily anchored to misogyny. Given Wonder Woman’s specific iconography (her physical “endowments,” skimpy costume), more than a few staunch feminists would probably call her “silly” too.
Right, that's what makes the persons point terrible and unusual. Wonder Woman's character embodies the misogyny of comic books.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #79
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
My main focus right now is on MOS and only on MOS, I want this film to be amazing, and do not want to see a rushed JL film ruin its credibility.
For release in summer 2015 Justice League would be less rushed than Man of Steel, and take roughly the same time as Batman Begins.

Do either of these films seem rushed?

Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #80
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
People generally don't laugh at the idea of a Superman movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
They laughed at the concept of a Superman movie before there was a Superman movie. They laughed at the concept of a Batman movie before there was a Batman movie. They laughed at the concept of a Captain America movie, and they laughed for a while after there was a Captain America movie until there was another Captain America movie.
This.

Also, i've personally never heard anyone laugh at the idea of a Wonder Woman movie. But then again, I don't think she's a particularly well known character, at least over here. I think the most that the people I talk to know about her, is that she's what girls dress up as when it's a superhero themed night

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #81
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
The only thing people laughed about in this group was the Captain America movie. I would have put him in the same bucket as Wonder Woman as characters very difficult to pull off.

But in order to pull off a Captain America movie, they had to do so in a historical context. And even in that context his outfit was sort of a gag in the movie.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM   #82
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
For release in summer 2015 Justice League would be less rushed than Man of Steel, and take roughly the same time as Batman Begins.

Do either of these films seem rushed?
Rushed in the sense that because Marvel made tons of cash on Avengers, WB want to cash in on their own superhero team film, in the same year as the Avengers sequel.

The difference between BB, MOS and JL to me is that the JL dosent interest me in the least.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 10-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #83
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

This is just me, but I think I'm incapable of investing in a JL movie without some idea of the characterizations of all the heroes. I'm not saying that they have to go the same route as Marvel did, but at this point I have absolutely no idea whether a JL film makes any kind of sense whatsoever. Lack of imiagination on my part I guess. Maybe I'll feel differently after I see MoS.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #84
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

A JL movie is a highly ambitious move. They MUST NOT screw it up, otherwise they won't be able to cash money with future solo feature films. It's very, very risky.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #85
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
The only thing people laughed about in this group was the Captain America movie. I would have put him in the same bucket as Wonder Woman as characters very difficult to pull off.

But in order to pull off a Captain America movie, they had to do so in a historical context. And even in that context his outfit was sort of a gag in the movie.
you act like we are gonna get this in live action

i guarantee you WB would not adapt her costume literally like that

even fan manip's have updated her costume to look more modern and realistic

Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #86
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
A JL movie is a highly ambitious move. They MUST NOT screw it up, otherwise they won't be able to cash money with future solo feature films. It's very, very risky.
Yup. And so scary not knowing if they are moving forward because they genuinely do have a great idea, or because they are incredibly arrogant and stupid...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #87
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Just because Wonder Woman's costume is the way it is doesn't make her weaker as a character. Women are by their nature way better looking then men. Wonder Woman is totally allowed to flaunt her beauty and not have it degrade her. It just adds to her strength.

Also I think the fact that Nolan will have nothing to do with the JL film says it all really...

Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #88
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I honestly think that the development of a JLA movie will greatly depend on the performance and reception that MOS gets since if god forbids, MOS doesn't meet expectations, then WB may further become hesitant to release a JL film. Not to mention, that's assuming of course if they even have a great story, cast, and crew lined up for the project.

I don't think though that they'll stat filming any time next year for a 2015 release. We have yet to hear from the Studio, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this whole rumor of them wanting to release a JL film in 2015 is just a rumor.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #89
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I honestly think that the development of a JLA movie will greatly depend on the performance and reception that MOS gets since if god forbids, MOS doesn't meet expectations, then WB may further become hesitant to release a JL film. Not to mention, that's assuming of course if they even have a great story, cast, and crew lined up for the project.

I don't think though that they'll stat filming any time next year for a 2015 release. We have yet to hear from the Studio, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this whole rumor of them wanting to release a JL film in 2015 is just a rumor.
It will most likely depend on MOS. With a 2015 release date, they would have to begin filming by may 2014 latest. They will probably hire a director to start working on the film. If MOS does very well they can scrap JL and focus on a sequel to MOS, which they most likely have a script in the works too.

Even though its just a tv show, I don't think they would be interested in bringing wonder woman to tv, if they had plans to use her in the JL movie.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #90
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i guarantee you WB would not adapt her costume literally like that

even fan manip's have updated her costume to look more modern and realistic
I wouldn't call that "modern and realistic." I would say it'd look pretty ridiculous on screen.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #91
Project862006
Banned User

and batman and superman dont?

green lantern doesn't?

all super heroes look rediculous

Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #92
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
and batman and superman dont?

green lantern doesn't?

all super heroes look rediculous
Matter of opinion, I guess. I don't think any of those you mentioned look ridiculous on screen.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #93
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
It will most likely depend on MOS. With a 2015 release date, they would have to begin filming by may 2014 latest. They will probably hire a director to start working on the film. If MOS does very well they can scrap JL and focus on a sequel to MOS, which they most likely have a script in the works too.

Even though its just a tv show, I don't think they would be interested in bringing wonder woman to tv, if they had plans to use her in the JL movie.
agreed; plus, I wonder at times if Snyder's comment at Comic Con had more meaning to it that originally thought when it came to his remark about how they wanted to take care and get Superman's "house" in order before doing anything regarding a JLA film.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #94
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

I don't know much about Wonder Woman, just the basics. But the classic costume, was it meant to be patriotic looking? I've noticed that modern designs tend to tone down the flag-like aspects of it suit in favor of making her look like a Xena Warrior Princess knock-off.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #95
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Matter of opinion, I guess. I don't think any of those you mentioned look ridiculous on screen.
i just think it is ridiculous to claim she wont look good on screen and will look ridiculous when you havent seen how she will be adapted to the big screen by WB and it's costume designers

especially since superman went from looking like this lol

to this

Old 10-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #96
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
i just think it is ridiculous to claim she wont look good on screen and will look ridiculous when you havent seen how she will be adapted to the big screen by WB and it's costume designers

It's pretty easy to imagine an updated Superman suit. People have been doing it for years, with lots of nice designs that stick with the general pattern. I've yet to see an updated WW suit that looks halfway passable, however. But if you think there are any, please share.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #97
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:

to this
Just can't stop yourself from laughing when you see Reeve's Superman, can you?

Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #98
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Wonder Woman... difficult to adapt? Okay, I guess those doubting the concept weren't paying attention to Thor's success.

People love Greek mythology, so Wonder Woman shouldn't be a hassle to sell. If she's approached with a great sense of pride and passion, she'll be sought out for more.

As for her outfit, don't count on the patriotic look. My guess is she'll fashion the New 52 look with ceremonial armor from Themyscira (whenever she engages or is heading into battle).

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #99
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I wanted to say I absolutely LOVE the new symbol on his chest. Looks updated, but without losing the shape of the original -unlike in Returns-.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #100
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well anyways, moving on from Wonder Woman folks.lol This is after all a "All things SUPERMAN" related thread.

Like someone else had mentioned before, I'm definitely interesting in seeing if they do plan on applying on the concept of having two distinct worlds clashing into one another in this film in terms of the realistic world that we live in versus the fantasy/alien genre that comes with Superman's heritage.

I mean looking at the official teaser, it really gave off the mood that the world superman was in was very realistic looking; of that of our own, yet from what we've seen from the comic con footage and other stuff, they're going all out with the alien stuff, so to see those two potential contrasts coming together into one is exciting.

Closed Thread