The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Should Fox reboot Daredevil or make a sequel???
Reboot 200 64.10%
Sequel 82 26.28%
Who gives a F*** 30 9.62%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #51
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I question the accuracy of that statement actually. Because if Kingpin is Sony's based on the logic that he first appeared in a Spider-Man comic then Wolverine Belongs to Marvel (first appeared in a Hulk comic not X-Men) and Black Panther belongs to Fox (first appeared in Fantastic Four). Daredevil is a primary DD Villain so It should have been with that package. All the loan talk is weird because I never remembered seeing "Kingpin appearance courtesy of Sony Pictures" in the credits at the end of DD
Yeah, its an odd deal that Marvel made with Sony, FOX, New Line & Lions Gate back in the late 90s.

I mean, the way some of the characters were distributed made absolutely no sense.

Like, FOX doesn't own Cable. WTF?

And how do you make a DD movie without Kingpin?

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #52
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Yeah, its an odd deal that Marvel made with Sony, FOX, New Line & Lions Gate back in the late 90s.

I mean, the way some of the characters were distributed made absolutely no sense.

Like, FOX doesn't own Cable. WTF?

And how do you make a DD movie without Kingpin?
Yeah. Like said before (somewhere in a another thread) These producers seem as confused as the fans on where some of these character rights belong and they talk out their "arses" most of the time. I wish Disney would give full disclosure on who owns who/what per the licensing agreements and just stop all the conjecture. I can stand these Studios sometimes. Marvel Studios included

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #53
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Property rights are definitely murky in some instances. Arad seemed to dance around the issue after he mentioned it.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 10-18-2012 at 11:14 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #54
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I think the first arc was the best, though it would require some heavy grounding.

The guy's basically a training tool for DD to prepare for Kingpin. He's menacing & powerful enough to make for a good first foe.

I think Michael Rooker would nail him.
You mean Owl's first appearance in DD issue 3? I don't think that issue is meaty enough for a movie. Owl has seem to compelling in his own right, not just seem like a placeholder for a better crime boss villain down the road. The problem is Kingpin is a way better crime boss then Owl, Kingpin is far more intelligent, classy and intelligent then Owl is. Owl has come off as something other then a second rate crime boss if he is going to be the Big Bad of a movie.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #55
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Movie or tv series,I could see the Kingpin "using" Daredevil to help eliminate the Owl and any other compeditors.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #56
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Am i the only one here who would dig Gladiator in this movie?

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #57
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post

Nope. I would too, but I'd like him to be wearing his helmet. He looks more badass like that than his face uncovered.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #58
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Nope. I would too, but I'd like him to be wearing his helmet. He looks more badass like that than his face uncovered.
I agree, I just felt that image perfectly conveys the level of brutality and psychosis of the character that I'd want to see on screen for Gladiator.

2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
Old 10-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #59
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post

I wouldn't mind seeing Gladiator, but don't think he would work as the main villain of a movie, rather he should be a pawn for some bigger badder villain. That happens a lot in the comics, Gladiator gets coerced or manipulated by another villain. I think Gladiator is interesting character, but its good to pair him up another more outright evil villain who is pulling his strings.

The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #60
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Doesn't Sony own the rights to the Kingpin? Didn't Arad say back in July that he was on loan to Fox?
Greg Weisman said Fox had the rights, otherwise he would have used him instead of Tombstone in Spectacular Spider-Man.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #61
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
Greg Weisman said Fox had the rights, otherwise he would have used him instead of Tombstone in Spectacular Spider-Man.
That's a good point.

Arad made the statement on the front page interview in July, but it didn't sound definitive.

SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #62
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Gladiator, but don't think he would work as the main villain of a movie, rather he should be a pawn for some bigger badder villain. That happens a lot in the comics, Gladiator gets coerced or manipulated by another villain. I think Gladiator is interesting character, but its good to pair him up another more outright evil villain who is pulling his strings.
I agree 100%.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
How about as the bigger, badder villain: Deathstalker.

He and Gladiator often worked together, with Gladiator as his henchman. They both fought DD several times, and Man Thing even showed up. Since Marvel own Man Thing, they could now have them all feature in a recreation of that story.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #64
Kar
Side-Kick

I'd LOVE to see Jeffery Donovan play Matt. He's a very talented actor and I'm sure he could pull it off. Ben Affleck would be a great choice as director too but I doubt it would happen. I'm with everyone that thinks "Born Again" is the best route to go but maybe that should be saved for part 3.

Part 1 should focus on the basics. Young Matt gets blinded and found by Stick who trains him. I want there to be tension between Matt's dad and Stick as Jack doesn't want his son learning how to fight. Have Matt side with Stick and go off on a journey to train for several years. Stick could be training him to join his cabinet to battle the Hand, maybe (probably have Elektra train with him as well showcasing their love for each other). Years later Matt returns home and finds out his dad was killed and he feels guilty so he honors his dad and enters law school, leaving Stick and Elektra. He meets Foggy and fast forward to them as lawyers where he meets Karen Page. Matt then eventually feels compelled to use his skills to fight criminals that escape the legal system and he stumbles upon a mystery that involves the main villain (preferably a crime Lord like maybe The Owl or Hammerhead or maybe several). Urich can be around hunting down the masked Daredevil vigilante. I'd also like Urich to be on the case of the suspicious death of Jack Murdock, which at the end of the movie he presents Matt with a major clue he has that points to the Kingpin, setting up the second movie.

Second movie could be Kingpin starting an all out gang war as he's moving his way to the top. It could be a whole team of assassins from the Marvel Universe (yes, Bullseye and Elektra have to appear).

Part 3 is when "Born Again" should be adapted.

I want Donovan as Matt and John Goodman as Kingpin. Don't argue with me.

Kar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #65
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Donovan's kind of old for the role now. I think he'd be more suited for Deadpool at this point.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #66
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Donovan's kind of old for the role now. I think he'd be more suited for Deadpool at this point.
Well certainly for the unmasked, scarred head, he has that same kind of crazy smile:

Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #67
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
I've always wantd to see this.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #68
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think they need to sort of focus on Daredevil being a ninja more. Maybe incorporate the ninja idea all through the movie and into his red costume. Instead of red leathery padding. Make him less like Batman and more like a blind ninja/lawyer.
The current series is great at bringing characters for him to fight you wouldn't have expected. Like Spot, Klaw, Mole Man, Dr. Doom's henchmen, etc. Characters that have an odd and compatible combination with his powers and blindness. I'd like to see something like that, not just Kingpin or Elektra, or Bullseye again. Which the studios might be tempted to do.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #69
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Honestly, outside of maybe limiting the role in sequels, I don't think age is much of a factor for Deadpool. He doesn't really have a set "age" in the comics as far as I can tell.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #70
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I mean Daredevil. Since Deadpool is mostly under a mask and it's a role that requires heavy make-up it wouldn't figure in as much as Matt Murdock so yes. That's why Donovan is one of my choices for Deadpool.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #71
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

lol he'd be better as Bullseye

Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #72
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

If we don't worry about the size then Michael Chiklis for Kingpin.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 AM   #73
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
If we don't worry about the size then Michael Chiklis for Kingpin.
Great choice & they could remediate the size issue by using the technology used on Xerxes in 300 to make him look big.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #74
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

To be honest i don't see anything amazing about chiklis as fisk. Isn't he supposed to be a very well refined intellectual? Chiklis plays the same character in every film, the east coast tough.

If you're already thinking of using effects to play the character why not go for a better suited actor at that point?

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:09 AM   #75
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
To be honest i don't see anything amazing about chiklis as fisk. Isn't he supposed to be a very well refined intellectual? Chiklis plays the same character in every film, the east coast tough.

If you're already thinking of using effects to play the character why not go for a better suited actor at that point?
I think whoever plays him, just needs to be intimidating prior to the size enhancement.

Chiklis was fierce in The Shield at 5'6". Imagine him at 7 ft.