The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #101
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

The preview for the teaser trailer is too brief, but I'm beginning to warm up to the new suit, although the one from the Avengers (Mark VI) is still his best-looking armor. I really hope Shane Black will do a great job, because fans are still dogging the sequel and what it could've been. I want RDJ to finish the trilogy in a bang, and maybe that's why he convinced Marvel to give the director of his movie "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" a try.

Btw, I wonder what happened to Potter in the short clip? Maybe she will be given the Rescue armor later on.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #102
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Haha so it was like nothing, but still nice seeing the look of the movie.

Worth noting: In the shot of the new armor,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the Mk IV's glass case has a hole and its head is dangling off.
LOL the robot is wearing a dunce cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #103
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd550 View Post
Looks like Pepper is going down...
I figured she would. But since they put that in the trailer I don't think they'll go that way. Or that could be what they want me to think... *takes aspirin*

Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #104
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Needs more rings

Old 10-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #105
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Looks considerably more serious in tone. Bad sh** is about to happen.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #106
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

And here's the whole thing gif'd.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #107
Adamantium
Your King

What if it goes something like this....

Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #108
Scorpion Soldier
Side-Kick

Quote:

Just a sidenote, but anyone else notice the fact that the Mark V is suddenly has gold parts rather than the silver parts it had in IM2? Looks like its changed rather than lighting.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #109
Casius--J
Web Master

That teaser was pretty cool, yes the suit looks much better in motion than it does in the pictures. Can't wait for tuesday!!!

Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #110
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Not bad.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #111
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

@Scorpion Soldier : I see that i'm not the only one to have noticed that ...

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #112
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

I'm getting a very "Iron Man 1" vibe from the footage that I see, which is a very good thing. It seems like it's going back to basics, while also doing something new and naturally progressing the story arc (pun intended) of Tony Stark. Not surprising, considering I read an interview that said he would be (paraphrasing) "going back to the cave."

That's one of the reasons why I was so disappointed with the 2nd film. The character never really had any sort of major struggle. Sure, he encountered Ivan Vanko twice (and took him down way too easily, I might add), had a little spat with Rhodey, encountered Justin Hammer's drones (also taken down too easily), and struggled with the reactor poisoning and killing him (also came out of nowhere and was resolved way too easily) but it never really led to any major conflict or amounted to anything. For the most part, he was so complacent and comfortable throughout the film. And complacent is boring.

It's so much more compelling and interesting to watch our favorite characters get pushed to brink and overcome adversity by their own means and ingenuity.

5-.-2-.-14

Last edited by TheWiseGuy487; 10-21-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #113
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
I'm getting a very "Iron Man 1" vibe from the footage that I see, which is a very good thing. It seems like it's going back to basics, while also doing something new and naturally progressing the story arc (pun intended) of Tony Stark. Not surprising, considering I read an interview that said he would be (paraphrasing) "going back to the cave."

That's one of the reasons why I was so disappointed with the 2nd film. The character never really had any sort of major struggle. Sure, he encountered Ivan Vanko twice (and took him down way too easily, I might add), had a little spat with Rhodey, encountered Justin Hammer's drones (also taken down too easily), and struggled with the reactor poisoning and killing him (also came out of nowhere and was resolved way too easily) but it never really led to any major conflict or amounted to anything. For the most part, he was so complacent and comfortable throughout the film. And complacent is boring.

It's so much more compelling and interesting to watch our favorite characters get pushed to brink and overcome adversity by their own means and ingenuity.
Agreed.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #114
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
Just a sidenote, but anyone else notice the fact that the Mark V is suddenly has gold parts rather than the silver parts it had in IM2? Looks like its changed rather than lighting.
I noticed that and the Mark II is damaged fairly heavily, possibly from undoing all of Hammer's "upgrades."

Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #115
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The preview for the teaser trailer is too brief, but I'm beginning to warm up to the new suit, although the one from the Avengers (Mark VI) is still his best-looking armor. I really hope Shane Black will do a great job, because fans are still dogging the sequel and what it could've been. I want RDJ to finish the trilogy in a bang, and maybe that's why he convinced Marvel to give the director of his movie "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" a try.

Btw, I wonder what happened to Potter in the short clip? Maybe she will be given the Rescue armor later on.
Nah. I don't think the preview is too brief.

Considering the teaser itself will be about 2 mins, I think it showed of enough. Any more would have been a bit too much. We're lucky to have gotten nearly 20 seconds.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #116
Marvolo
Side-Kick

All looks good but what the heck did they do to Tony's hair? Is that a fauxhawk on a man in his 40s?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #117
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:

Based on the Comic Con described footage

http://collider.com/comic-con-iron-man-3-panel/178379/

Quote:
- We open with Iron Man putting on his new suit that he can summon through force of will (I believe this is the Extremis armor, but I don’t want to officially call it that). He has some pieces that don’t want to behave, and they start zipping around the room, smashing into things (Tony included), and he gets slammed with some pieces in his nuts and in his back, with the mask the last piece ready to strike. “I’m not scared of you,” Stark says defiantly to the hovering mask. The mask charges, Tony dose a sweet flip, the mask clicks on, Iron Man sticks the landing, and strikes a bad ass pose. Then the Marvel logo comes up.
The last part is in the pre-teaser.

Some pieces will fly into the hall or armor

It looks like we're getting back to the trial and error phase of the first "Iron Man" movie

Old 10-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #118
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post

My sentiments exactly among other things.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #119
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

What a bunch of cry babies wow. Wahhhh I don't like Tony's haircut, wahhhhh the teaser for a teaser trailer was too short. Unreal we actually are lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of the first official footage. And all people look to do is find something to whine about

Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #120
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
What a bunch of cry babies wow. Wahhhh I don't like Tony's haircut, wahhhhh the teaser for a teaser trailer was too short. Unreal we actually are lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of the first official footage. And all people look to do is find something to whine about
Nobody's crying. They just pointed those things out in addition to how much they like what they see. Your post is by far the whiniest since the footage popped up.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #121
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Needs more rings
Is he really The Mandarin? He doesn't look anything like Ben Kingsley, which I assume is the actor playing Iron Man's greatest villain.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #122
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Is he really The Mandarin? He doesn't look anything like Ben Kingsley, which I assume is the actor playing Iron Man's greatest villain.
Trust me. That's Kingsley. Plus, his appearance matches up with what we've heard from the footage descriptions. Particularly the hair.

mo mo moa

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #123
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Well, I *hate* teasers for trailers, but I'm loving the look and feel of this footage. It does feel very IM1-ish, but going deeper.

Yep. Super stoked for this!

Oh, and anyone dissing RDJ's hair... WE WILL HAVE WORDS!! I love it! It is, how would you say? Funky fresh? Is that what all you young whippersnappers say these days?

Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #124
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Nobody's crying. They just pointed those things out in addition to how much they like what they see. Your post is by far the whiniest since the footage popped up.
Haha ok buddy. I loved the footage and am happy we got a sneak peak.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #125
Marathon
Side-Kick

If Pepper becomes Rescue (which, inferring from the footage, might happen), then how, or rather, in which way will both Rhodey and Pepper figure into Avengers 2? Hopefully the lazy route of just killing one/all of them is not taken. The Pepperony ship alone I would imagine is a big draw for a portion of the target audience.

If the Armored Trio (IM, WM, R) becomes true - and personally I would have nothing against it - then we'll just deal with the ramifications of that, hopefully smartly, in Avengers 2.

Closed Thread