The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 10-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #26
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Alice Krige as.....?

Here is another outside-the-box idea for an Alice Krige casting:

I had noticed on one of my viewings of The Avengers that Selvig was going around talking about the Tesseract in anthropomorphic terms ("She's an energy source. If we turn off the power, she turns it back on.") At the time I figured that was evidence of Selvig being in danger of losing touch with reality. Later, I was reading up on the Cosmic Cube on the Marvel web site, and it turns out that they can eventually become sentient.

So maybe Krige is the personification of the Tesseract and has ways of interacting with people's minds.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #27
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Idk about that one lol

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #28
elizah72
Side-Kick

Interesting, but I'd agree IDK about that one. He also says she's "misbehaving", which I took to be actually a writer's little joke reference to Loki causing it to "misbehave" since he's the god of mischief.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #29
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Interesting, but I'd agree IDK about that one. He also says she's "misbehaving", which I took to be actually a writer's little joke reference to Loki causing it to "misbehave" since he's the god of mischief.
Well, the discussion in the other thread (the one you and I are hiding behind "Spoiler" buttons) brought this to mind.

(BTW, it's not just the line I quoted in which Selvig is speaking about the Tesseract in anthropomorphic terms. The Avengers quote file uses a male pronoun for this one, but my recollection is that Selvig uses the female:
"It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe.")

But considering this element on its own terms, probably the Tesseract will sit on the shelf in Odin's vault for Thor2 .

Old 10-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #30
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, the discussion in the other thread (the one you and I are hiding behind "Spoiler" buttons) brought this to mind.

(BTW, it's not just the line I quoted in which Selvig is speaking about the Tesseract in anthropomorphic terms. The Avengers quote file uses a male pronoun for this one, but my recollection is that Selvig uses the female:
"It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe.")

But considering this element on its own terms, probably the Tesseract will sit on the shelf in Odin's vault for Thor2 .
Oh, yes that's right he does call it a "she" there too. LOL I love how he's all high on the Tesseract there. LOL

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #31
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I know lol but I think that's just how he talks...referring to the object as "she"

i feel like it goes back a long time, referring to inanimate objects of great stature as a female, ya know? and misbehaving, just for kicks,

this coming from an over-analytical thinker..i think you guys may be over analyzing this :P

Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I know lol but I think that's just how he talks...referring to the object as "she"

i feel like it goes back a long time, referring to inanimate objects of great stature as a female, ya know? and misbehaving, just for kicks,

this coming from an over-analytical thinker..i think you guys may be over analyzing this :P
Well, okay--fair enough!

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #33
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, okay--fair enough!

Thanks!
There is a little behind the scenes of Thor thing where Tom takes off the helmet and refers to it as "She". LOL

It is so funny how wacky and friendly Erik gets on the Tesseract though. Could certainly be foreshadowing a link he will have to it later on in the series. It seems like it should have effected him permanently, being so closely linked to it during Avengers. I know I tend to over analyze, but my tendency is to believe that like Odin, writer's and directors and actors, do things for a reason.

I always laugh at his "Heyyyyyyy!" to Loki in that Loki Hawkeye scene. He almost seems like, "Heyyyy, Loki buddy! You are the BEST boss EVER!. Let's have a beer later!" HA! So cute. I do worry what they have planned for him, I really like that character.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #34
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is so funny how wacky and friendly Erik gets on the Tesseract though. Could certainly be foreshadowing a link he will have to it later on in the series. It seems like it should have effected him permanently, being so closely linked to it during Avengers. I know I tend to over analyze, but my tendency is to believe that like Odin, writer's and directors and actors, do things for a reason.
Writers often do put little things in as hooks for later plot developments. It happens just often enough that fans like us enjoy imagining what it could mean

But sometimes they put stuff in just to add color, and it doesn't mean anything more than that. haha

I agree--likely the Tesseract has affected Selvig in a long-term way. Maybe we'll see some of that in T:TDW.

Quote:
I always laugh at his "Heyyyyyyy!" to Loki in that Loki Hawkeye scene. He almost seems like, "Heyyyy, Loki buddy! You are the BEST boss EVER!. Let's have a beer later!" HA! So cute. I do worry what they have planned for him, I really like that character.
lol--"Realm's Best Boss"

Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #35
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol--"Realm's Best Boss"
LOL. And then Loki's like "I know, really! I'm awesome! I dont know why they won't let me be in charge!"

Hee-hee...

Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
There is a little behind the scenes of Thor thing where Tom takes off the helmet and refers to it as "She". LOL

lol my car is a female

my little cute 1999 nissan altima

Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #37
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I'm going to be guessing that Alice Krige might be playing Hela in this movie based upon the rumor that all the realms are going to be explored in this film. I'm thinking there must be a MacGuffin that causes them to travel around, like getting the Casket back from Malekith? It'll be interesting to see how Loki would explain why he has an adult offspring in the MCU.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm going to be guessing that Alice Krige might be playing Hela in this movie based upon the rumor that all the realms are going to be explored in this film. I'm thinking there must be a MacGuffin that causes them to travel around, like getting the Casket back from Malekith? It'll be interesting to see how Loki would explain why he has an adult offspring in the MCU.
See that's what I originally thought, but given how Hela is Loki's daughter, I wasn't so sure if casting an older woman would be the call to make for Hela. Considering Hela looks like a very attractive younger woman. I sorta started to think that darcy very well may be hela. Considering she has an expanded role, and that was a rumor. Though I sort of am starting to slowly come back on board with Krige being Hela, it does make sense to have an older woman being the ruler of hel

come to think of it, in the mcu, it would be kind of odd to see a younger person playing the ruler of hel. So I'm with it, Krige will probably be Hela.

And as for explaining why Loki has an off spring that appears as an adult, don't forget, Loki is probably 1000 years old. we saw Odin pick up Loki in Thor, in the year 963 A.D, so thor and loki are bother older than 1000. which is clearly an adult lol. Even if Hela is only say, 500 years old, that is more than enough time for her to become an adult. I'm sure that thor and Loki have looked as they do now for hundred of years. And Hela appearing as an older looking woman, could be due to the wear and tear of ruling a realm/magic use??

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-26-2012 at 11:05 AM.
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #39
elizah72
Side-Kick

Or they may change her backstory too, she may not even be Loki's daughter in this version. Or could be time travel, or a previous incarnation of Loki that is her father, if they use Ragnarok. She could easily be Hela, I agree with that, but they may have changed some things.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #40
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
And as for explaining why Loki has an off spring that appears as an adult, don't forget, Loki is probably 1000 years old. we saw Odin pick up Loki in Thor, in the year 963 A.D, so thor and loki are bother older than 1000. which is clearly an adult lol. Even if Hela is only say, 500 years old, that is more than enough time for her to become an adult. I'm sure that thor and Loki have looked as they do now for hundred of years. And Hela appearing as an older looking woman, could be due to the wear and tear of ruling a realm/magic use??
The only problem I have with Loki having fathered Hela pre-exile is that I don't get the idea that Loki would have fathered any illegitimate children at the time of Thor's story line. I'm going to have to go with Loki messing around with all that Timey Wimey stuff after his exile which would explain Hela being as aged as she would be. In short, in a burst of unimpeded freedom to do whatever he liked without Odin holding him back Loki would have shagged her mother in the past and conceived her I suppose.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

- Just want a life I recognize again. Don't want to be living someone else's prefabricated fallacy.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #41
elizah72
Side-Kick

If memory serves me correctly, in the myth a giantess was killed and burned by the gods, and then Loki ate her heart, and then Hela sprang from him as a result of that (along with 2 other monsters, I think...)

Loki - the god of new and exciting ways to hook up and make some babies.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #42
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Quote:
If memory serves me correctly, in the myth a giantess was killed and burned by the gods, and then Loki ate her heart, and then Hela sprang from him as a result of that (along with 2 other monsters, I think...)

Loki - the god of new and exciting ways to hook up and make some babies.
Well, I guess you can say that Loki is pretty creative about that whole reproduction thing.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 10-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #43
elizah72
Side-Kick

Fenrir, the giant wolf and Jörmungandr, the World Serpent are the other two children from that union. Interestingly Loki in Avengers has the image of a wolf and a serpent on his shoulder plate and strap across his chest. (of course I a cannot find the up close image for this to link at the moment, but I know I've seen them) Which could mean either this is simply a homage to parts of the Loki legend we will never see, (although Hela could still appear) or that all 3 of these creatures may have come into being during his exile. I could definitely see exiled Loki eating a roasted giantess' heart to gain her power or something and then well, surprise surprise! lol

I guess a guy like him would have to be creative. his two kids he made "the old fashioned way" ended up with one being turned into a wolf and killing the other, then that one's intestines are used to tie Loki to a rock while snake venom is dripping in his face to torture him for being a bad boy. And his wife Sigyn stands by him with a bowl collecting the venom until the bowl is full, trying to lessen Loki's torture by collecting the venom, but when she has to leave to empty the bowl, he writhes in pain so much that earthquakes result.

I SO want to see the above scene done for MCU, btw (for the dramatic aspects of it alone), but I know we'll (probably) never get it.

Anyway back to Hela, I've seen her depicted as half dead, so lots of potential for gruesome makeup there, also I would assume she is a character that could possess someone? Perhaps?

Last edited by elizah72; 10-27-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #44
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Kinda reminds me of Zeus, in mythology, he had a headache so he pulled athena out of his head. And Hela is a beautiful looking woman if you see her in the cmoics, which is the only reason I am doubting it, but that could completely change. I am praying that we get the snape bit haha. its classic

Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
elizah72
Side-Kick

Yes, to the Zeus thing, they could have it be like that, or tearing out of his stomach like in Aliens. Could see having a little flashback showing something like that with either just Hel or all 3 monsters being born. Hel could emerge and quickly grow into a fully grown woman, since there is magic involved with this all it seems there is a lot of wiggle room for explaining her age and how she gets where she is.

And yes, that is classic, and a particularly striking image from myth Loki's history, so that makes me think there is a possibility of seeing a homage to that scene, some MCU variation on it, eventually. Although I can't imagine MCU Asgardians punishing him in this way, but I can certainly see Thanos, or someone else who has a grudge, doing it. It would certainly fit the "you think you know pain. He will make you long for something sweet as pain" category, I think...

Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #46
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Yes, to the Zeus thing, they could have it be like that, or tearing out of his stomach like in Aliens. Could see having a little flashback showing something like that with either just Hel or all 3 monsters being born. Hel could emerge and quickly grow into a fully grown woman, since there is magic involved with this all it seems there is a lot of wiggle room for explaining her age and how she gets where she is.

And yes, that is classic, and a particularly striking image from myth Loki's history, so that makes me think there is a possibility of seeing a homage to that scene, some MCU variation on it, eventually. Although I can't imagine MCU Asgardians punishing him in this way, but I can certainly see Thanos, or someone else who has a grudge, doing it. It would certainly fit the "you think you know pain. He will make you long for something sweet as pain" category, I think...
I LIKE IT

Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #47
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

In the animated movie, Hulk vs Thor, they have Hela as Loki's daughter and after reminding them Loki was at least a thousand years old, my nephews had no problem with it.

I saw Jörmungandr on Loki's armor but the photo of what some people claim is Fenrir looked more like a lion to me...
We also shouldn't forget that Sleipnir was in Thor. They didn't address him or his parentage but he was there.

I think Darcy might be easier for most audiences to accept as Hela though...

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #48
elizah72
Side-Kick

I have no idea why The Goddess of Hel would be spending so much time hangin' out with Jane though. You'd think she'd be busy, what with running Hel and all.

I find it amusing that they portray the ruler of Hell as some hot buxom half naked chick. I suspect most men would not consider being ruled by a woman like that "Hell", more like a really wild Saturday night.

They may go more in the direction of the myths for this, where she is half dead and/or sort of grotesque.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #49
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have no idea why The Goddess of Hel would be spending so much time hangin' out with Jane though. You'd think she'd be busy, what with running Hel and all.
Yeah, really! Hela needs a few more credits to graduate?? hahah

Well, maybe they will have Kat Dennings play two parts, rather than say that Darcy is, in fact, Hela.

Quote:
I find it amusing that they portray the ruler of Hell as some hot buxom half naked chick. I suspect most men would not consider being ruled by a woman like that "Hell", more like a really wild Saturday night.
Hahahahhahaha

Perhaps the phrase you're looking for is "fan service"

Quote:
They may go more in the direction of the myths for this, where she is half dead and/or sort of grotesque.
I think that would be very cool.

I think Alice Krige is more likely to play Hela. Either that or Mistress Death, if they do a Thanos cameo in the stinger scene.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #50
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think Alice Krige is more likely to play Hela. Either that or Mistress Death, if they do a Thanos cameo in the stinger scene.
Yes... "Fan service" indeed.

Or they may combine Hela/Mistress Death as characters in some clever way. Make them one character and have her appear in Avengers 2 within the Thanos storyline too, possibly. Some established fans may not be happy but it seems a bit overkill to have both figures in the MCU. And with likely many Asgardians dying due to war, it seems likely either or both would be appearing. And Mistress Death is sort of key to Thanos' character motivation in the comics, from what I've read...