The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #651
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choskins View Post
That's what I see too from this gif. Tony is having nightmares (he is clearly laboring in his sleep). Pepper grabs his arm trying to wake him or calm him. The armor attacks her to protect Tony seeing her as the threat.

Ah cool. Some sort of weird reaction to the bonding of the remote control suit to Tony.

He probably synced his brain waves to it.

When he goes to sleep the nightmares unexpectedly start up the suit. The suit starts to do things when Stark is unconscious

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #652
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: IRON MAN 3 Trailer Thread - Theatrical TRL #1 To Debut Oct. 23rd, 12:01AM (PST)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I have a theory; the shot/part where Iron Man's armor grabs Pepper by her hands while she and Tony are sleeping on their bed; what if it's being triggered by Tony's restless subconscious?

The guy said that he's been having troubles sleeping and that even when he does sleep, he's always having nightmares. From the looks of it, it seems like he has that thing attached to his head while in bed that supposedly controls his armor via remote. What if Tony was having a nightmare and his thought process was triggered into activating the armor and it perceived Pepper as a threat?
thats exactly what i was thinkin...this reminds me of the plot synopsis of whether the suit makes the man or the other way around...
but ya Stark seems still asleep even after Pepper was grabbed

Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #653
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
But Tony woked up when the armor grabbed Pepper and they were both surprised.
he didnt wake up....just watch it frame by frame and hes still asleep (or at least his eyes are closed)

Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #654
choskins
Side-Kick

Reminds me of the symbiote saga too.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #655
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

Quote:
Reminds me of the symbiote saga too.
I agree, they are clearly taking two different stories and merging them, both work well together, imo.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #656
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Lol a clap of thunder and a roar. Tony smiles, "I'd like you to meet my friends."
that would be pretty damn epic..Damn i cannot w8 for Avengers 2

Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #657
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Iron Patriot looks to have been slamming Killian. Most likely to get info on The Mandarin and, possible the whereabouts of Pepper.

As far as Tony being on the operating table, I think that may have been him undergoing the surgery to receive the extremis virus.
Tony seems pretty rested while hes doing the surgery...
i dont think its extremis virus yet and hes just takin out the shrapnel in his heart like the motion comic....
I think extremis virus comes later in the film, more like towards climax

Old 10-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #658
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Do you know whats funny all the phase 2 apart from avengers have different writers and directors

Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #659
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anyone else felt sorry for Tony in that last shot of him dragging his armor alone while walking in the snow? I don't think I've ever felt as sorry for the guy until that shot.lol
i loved the fact that when the title shows up the arc reactor turns down and when we see the tony dragging his armor and then the reactor turns back up....
it just shows that he gonna pack a punch when he returns

Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #660
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed..

wow, shes pretty damn hot

Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #661
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsfireworks View Post
Whoa, hold on. Just rewatched it. It looks like Iron Man takes down the plane. Or maybe he loses control of his suit temporarily? You can see him punch through the fuselage and the blast someone with a repulser for a split second. That's very interesting.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
nah i think mandarin targets air force one to take out the president and IM comes to the rescue
but i am sure Tony will have trouble controlling the armor

Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #662
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic

Quote:
That's what I see too from this gif. Tony is having nightmares (he is clearly laboring in his sleep). Pepper grabs his arm trying to wake him or calm him. The armor attacks her to protect Tony seeing her as the threat.

earlier in the trailer they show that Tony has some sort of headband that conceivably has him control the suit remotely.

Perhaps the suit is an extension of his nightmares mentioned in the trailer

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #663
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
nah i think mandarin targets air force one to take out the president and IM comes to the rescue
but i am sure Tony will have trouble controlling the armor
Why would he blast a flight crew member then?

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Old 10-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #664
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsfireworks View Post
Why would he blast a flight crew member then?
i dont think he did...its hard to tell...its probably a hijacker or someone...but i think hes making his way into the plane....

Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #665
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Ah cool. Some sort of weird reaction to the bonding of the remote control suit to Tony.

He probably synced his brain waves to it.

When he goes to sleep the nightmares unexpectedly start up the suit. The suit starts to do things when Stark is unconscious

I get what people are saying about Tony's mind controling the suit while he is sleeping and attacking Pepper in bed to protect him, but it looks like the suit is also attacking Tony in a different scene where the suit seems to be crouched over him in an intimidating manner as Tony tries to crawl away. So, I am not sure if the suit is trying to protect him or if it is maybe more a matter that Tony has very little to no control of it?

Anyways it's just an observation, not sure what to make of it.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #666
Chewy
REDACTED

I'm guessing someone (Killian?) finds a way to hack into Tony's suits, and that's where Coldblood and Firepower come in

Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #667
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikowolf View Post
earlier in the trailer they show that Tony has some sort of headband that conceivably has him control the suit remotely.

Perhaps the suit is an extension of his nightmares mentioned in the trailer
Wow, either way I get chills seeing the suit grabbing Pepper like that!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #668
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm guessing someone (Killian?) finds a way to hack into Tony's suits, and that's where Coldblood and Firepower come in
Chewy,

Are you suggesting that Coldblood and Firepower may just be Iron Man suits under the control of one of the villians?

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #669
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Wow, either way I get chills seeing the suit grabbing Pepper like that!
Yeah, it's a really dramatic moment, bordering scary because your not expecting it.

Surfer

Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #670
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

It looks like it's gonna be really good.

Sorry, may have already been covered but does anyone know the name of the music in the trailer?

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #671
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Chewy,

Are you suggesting that Coldblood and Firepower may just be Iron Man suits under the control of one of the villians?

Surfer
I was suggesting they may be the villains controlling the Iron Man suits

Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #672
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I think the scene with the suit and Pepper is a nightmare Tony is having. I don't think he's remote controlling the suit, because he's not wearing the head piece. But I guess we'll see.

What's interesting is him saying he hasn't been the same since New York. BTW, I'm a little concerned that we don't see much of Rhodey in these later scenes. Is there a chance that Rhodey dies?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #673
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Got up very early today to see the news item about the trailer, it felt like Christmas morning.

I absolutely love the vibe of the trailer, how different it looks from the previous two 'feel-good' movies from the series.

The humour might still be there, probably early on in the movie -that Iron Man pic chilling in the couch-, but is great to see Tony out of his comfort zone, it provides a whole new set of stories to tell.

Very curious about the armor thing, that also opens up a lot of posibilites in terms of action and doing something different with the character.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #674
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Got up very early today to see the news item about the trailer, it felt like Christmas morning.

I absolutely love the vibe of the trailer, how different it looks from the previous two 'feel-good' movies from the series.

The humour might still be there, probably early on in the movie -that Iron Man pic chilling in the couch-, but is great to see Tony out of his comfort zone, it provides a whole new set of stories to tell.

Very curious about the armor thing, that also opens up a lot of posibilites in terms of action and doing something different with the character.
Looks like the days of playing "shoot to thrill" and black sabbath are halted. It's time to get serious.

By the time avengers 2 is out stark will probably be more jaded/ cynical

"We can't do this again"

Old 10-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #675
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I was suggesting they may be the villains controlling the Iron Man suits
I don't see how that is possible considering Tony's armory is gone. I think he's just having a dream that the armor is attacking her.