The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #26
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Where are the Avengers?

Prediction:

We will rehash this exact same thread in Thor: TDW. And CATWS. And Ant-Man. And Cap 3. And Thor 3. And TIH2. And Black Panther. And Ms. Marvel.

ad nauseam, ad nauseam.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #27
bullets
bang bang

Default Re: Speculation thread as to where the Avengers are

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The attack on Tony doesn't seem like it's seen coming from miles, it's not like Hulk can just pop up right after the attack out of nowhere, or anyone else for that matter. Things like this happens in the comics all the time. Not even these superheroes can save everything and everyone at once. And threats, disasters and trouble comes all the time, all over the world and even universe.

That type of logic will be lost on some people. I'm sure they will be a reference to the other heroes though but it doesn't really have to be explained. They all went their separate ways. Banner and Tony might have mutual respect but don't have to live together.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Prediction:

We will rehash this exact same thread in Thor: TDW. And CATWS. And Ant-Man. And Cap 3. And Thor 3. And TIH2. And Black Panther. And Ms. Marvel.

ad nauseam, ad nauseam.
No kidding. This is good fan talk here because we all know and most of us love the books and characters but I'm getting the vibe from around the Net that others are trying to use this factor to bash the film.

I kind of find it funny that all future Marvel films will have to contend with certain individuals wanting them to fail because of their past success. "Where are the rest of the Avengers?" seems to be the early battle cry as if they won't cover that in the plot. That's the price anyone pays for being at the summit I guess.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #29
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

What will keep the solo movies interesting is that they are exactly that, solo movies. It gives the chance to make different kind of stories and movies than the more big scale Avengers and team-up films.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #30
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Sure a cameo here and there won't hurt.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #31
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

I don't know But I'm hoping for a reference,I don't need a cameo with Avengers/SHIELD presence But I'd like a reference to their where about!!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #32
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I don't think we'll need to worry about the reasoning in the end of it; Marvel isn't exactly shying away from referencing the events of the Avengers, seeing as Tony is having a difficult time with it since.

"Nothing's been the same since New York."

I'm sure we'll get a reason as to why Tony can't call for backup.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #33
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
I don't think we'll need to worry about the reasoning in the end of it; Marvel isn't exactly shying away from referencing the events of the Avengers, seeing as Tony is having a difficult time with it since.

"Nothing's been the same since New York."

I'm sure we'll get a reason as to why Tony can't call for backup.
Feige has said it will be shown/discussed why SHIELD and the other Avengers can't help Tony out in his situation. The Mandarin is probably going to poison everyone against Tony, making him a criminal and a pariah that nobody wants to associate with.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

I hope the film isn't bogged down with explanations and references. And honestly I don't think it will be. I'm be glad to see Thor, Cap, and Tony in their solo movies again and will not focus on what the others are up to until their respective film is released.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #35
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I hope the film isn't bogged down with explanations and references. And honestly I don't think it will be. I'm be glad to see Thor, Cap, and Tony in their solo movies again and will not focus on what the others are up to until their respective film is released.
It could also be just one or two lines where Tony says he can't trust anyone but Happy and/or Pepper.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Seems there's plenty of Rhodey/WM/IP to go around....there's the shot of him in uniform inside the Oval Office, looking perplexed as cops riffle through the President's desk --- I strongly suspect that shot takes place *after* the attack on AF1, and the Prez might already be dead. Plus, they recently shot scenes of IM and WM in the Iron Patriot livery showing up at a Malibu beachfront restaurant/bar --- dunno where that happens during the movie.
I hope your right. My fear is, to make Mandarin a real threat some folks are gonna die. Happy seems to be most likely, but I wonder about Rhodey. I think War Machine will be done after the AF1 attack, only because it's clear that after Tony's armory blows up, he has the Mark VIII, that's malfunctioned and that's it. Otherwise he could just go borrow the WM armor.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #37
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
It could also be just one or two lines where Tony says he can't trust anyone but Happy and/or Pepper.
It's clear from Avengers, why he wouldn't trust Fury. In fact I wouldn't doubt Tony holding a grudge against Fury for Coulson's death. The last interaction between Fury and Tony, is him with his back turned walking off the bridge. If he would want anyone's help it would be Steve's, but I'm sure there will be a reason for why he can't.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #38
Trimmings
Side-Kick

Remember Tony broke into SHIELD's computers. He would know exactly what kind of countermeasures to take in order to keep them from spying on him. They probably won't even know what's really going on. The other heroes are busy with what's going on in their movies, I'm sure.

Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Where are the Avengers?
I'm not currently tracking their whereabouts.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #40
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Well, do you see the Avengers constantly showing up in the Iron Man comics whenever Tony Stark ran into trouble? Of course not. Then why should we expect the movieverse to do otherwise? Obviously SHIELD and other Avengers cannot babysit one another, and they all have their own lives to live and troubles to take care of. Besides, as Stark said in The Avengers, he doesn't work well with others, and we should not expect him to suddenly wanting their presence all the time. No matter what the problem is, I'm sure Stark can figure it out by himself eventually.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #41
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Default Re: Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I'm not currently tracking their whereabouts.
Awesome.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #42
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Prediction:

ad nauseam, ad nauseam.
Yeah it's already gotten old. Hell it got old back when people were whining about Rhodes not showing up in Avengers.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #43
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmaidenrules View Post
Stark probably and foolishly has stuff to prevent Shield from spying on him.

Or maybe the mandarin has really good tech
Yeah, people seem to ignore the fact that Stark literally hacked into and stole all of SHIELD's secure files and had J.A.R.V.I.S. running the whole ship for quite a while. That's a LOT of intel.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #44
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
Until we hear otherwise, shouldn't we assume that Iron Man 3, Dark World, and Winter Solider all take place in roughly the same time frame? And the hulk is the hulk, can't exactly be counted on for regular support.
I'd assume so, although it's to early to tell specifics. They created a very specific timeline in Phase 1 that you can google search thats a good read, so I'm sure they'll make one for phase 2.
And by the way, welcome to the hype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, do you see the Avengers constantly showing up in the Iron Man comics whenever Tony Stark ran into trouble? Of course not. Then why should we expect the movieverse to do otherwise? Obviously SHIELD and other Avengers cannot babysit one another, and they all have their own lives to live and troubles to take care of. Besides, as Stark said in The Avengers, he doesn't work well with others, and we should not expect him to suddenly wanting their presence all the time. No matter what the problem is, I'm sure Stark can figure it out by himself eventually.
Exactly.
That's why the whole "where the other avengers, hmmm?" argument is a dumb one; just wait and you'll find out in their respective films. It works in the comics and it will definitely work on screen. Marvel knows what they're doing.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #45
Silvermoth
Avenger

Why did people come into a thread called "Where are the Avengers" to complain about people suggesting hypotheses for where the Avengers are?

Would you go into the Iron man fan art thread and complain about all the fan art?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #46
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I'm sure some of these movies (as far as the time within the MCU) will be happening at or around the same time. The most interesting thing as far as any Avengers whereabouts, to me, will be Banner. Because of the ending of the Avengers, I would hope, above all others, we get something in reference/cameo form of him. Personally, I think they'll explain him away, but still it would be sweet to see him in some form or fashion

Old 10-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #47
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I'm sure some of these movies (as far as the time within the MCU) will be happening at or around the same time. The most interesting thing as far as any Avengers whereabouts, to me, will be Banner. Because of the ending of the Avengers, I would hope, above all others, we get something in reference/cameo form of him. Personally, I think they'll explain him away, but still it would be sweet to see him in some form or fashion
With Banner, if he's not in a cameo or mentioned by anyone else, I'm just going with he went back to India to care for sick people.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #48
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I don't really see the point to this question, I mean as others have said before, it's a solo-venture, the other heroes are busy doing their own hero-stuff. Thor can't be on Midgard helping Stark while he's defending the Nine-Realms; Captain America and Hawkeye are probably off in a mission dealing with their own threats and trying to solve the mystery of the Winter Soldier; Banner is still out doing what he does best: helping people while not hulking-out. The only two members people could bring up are Black Widow, Fury, and SHIELD since they did feature prominently in the past 2 films, but that isn't to say they need to be here. This is Tony Stark's story. Unless the entire world's gone crazy you don't really need to bring everyone together at all.

They each have their own niche in the cinematic universe, this is Iron Man's.

Plus, considering the trailer, it seems as though Stark is going off the radar in this anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
No kidding. This is good fan talk here because we all know and most of us love the books and characters but I'm getting the vibe from around the Net that others are trying to use this factor to bash the film.

I kind of find it funny that all future Marvel films will have to contend with certain individuals wanting them to fail because of their past success. "Where are the rest of the Avengers?" seems to be the early battle cry as if they won't cover that in the plot. That's the price anyone pays for being at the summit I guess.
Yes-- that sort of nay-saying mentality is really tiring. Good GOD do people take these to the extreme! It's either so awesome that you have to wet your pants or so terrible that you've got gas. Either one or the other. That sort of extremism should be left for the political parties.

I mean, I guess I sort of understand why a lot of people wanted to compare The Avengers with The Dark Knight Rises, I guess I sort of understand all the fan-rage over "camp-Whedon vs. camp-Nolan" but it's puerile. We don't need that. And now you're bringing up that come Phase 2 people will be waiting for it to fail and not live up with Phase 1, even those who loved the first films to a fault...and.... it makes sense. It's what we'll be seeing soon

It's like when the entire internet ganged up and said how DC lost big time when they didn't hire Whedon the week after Avengers hit. I get it, it was their loss but that's sort of old-news (three years over?) You have the Avengers now, a movie that was on a much bigger scale, and yet the fans retorted to that old DC vs. Marvel debate, culminating into the discussion seeping into the celebrities themselves when the cast of Avengers were bringing it up.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #49
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Steve is in a clandestine mission tracking down the Winter Soldier.

Thor is stuck in Asgard while the Tesseract repairs the Bifrost.

Bruce briefly stayed with Stark before going back to doctoring for the less fortunate.

Natasha and Barton are requested to not interfere.

Done.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #50
Adamantium
Your King

Cap(BW&Hawkeye) are off dealing with WS, Thor - obvious. If Bruce is off in hiding in a remote place without access to world news then that's definitely understandable why he couldn't help Tony. Besides depending on the story though, it seems to me his whereabouts aren't even known after the Malibu attack. I just hope they give some kind of nod or heads up to where Bruce is or what he's been up to between Avengers and Avengers 2. Everybody else is obvious though. I'm sure they will throw it in somewhere in a non tacky way.

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote