Weak 0 0%
Total crap 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #26
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Rate the first Iron Man 3 trailer

This is the best MCU trailer outside of Avengers. This looks simply awesome. Iron Man finally looks to be facing foes that actual put him in danger, step up from IM2 when the villains really never felt like much of a threat, and the story and character journey for Stark all look VERY promising.

I approve of this trailer.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Awesome trailer, not perfect but very good. Raises enough questions to keep me interested and excited.

Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #28
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I thought that it was really great. Hopefully the series rebounds from the ultra lows of the second film and learn that a movie being fun doesn't mean that drama should be completely eleminated. Also I'M crossing my fingers that the villain is decent this time.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
Fudgie
Banned User

It was great. Showed me plenty to get me really excited.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #30
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkTheProdigy View Post
I though the teaser was perfect. It left audiences with questions so it wasn't a spoilerfest. The trailer focused more on character than several pieces of action sequences. Also, the tone. While RDJ brings his charm to the character, which brings some comical aspects, it's nice to see the character get a serious movie (from what I gather from the trailer) which is refreshing. Also, great score to the trailer, it all worked brilliantly.
That's how I felt. I doubt IM3 is going to be dark but it feels as though it's going to have a deep, emotional plot. The action already looks bigger and better than IM2's, which is a definite plus.

My only complaint is that the villain sounds a bit like Stephen Hawking, which made me giggle.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This is the best MCU trailer outside of Avengers. This looks simply awesome. Iron Man finally looks to be facing foes that actual put him in danger, step up from IM2 when the villains really never felt like much of a threat, and the story and character journey for Stark all look VERY promising.

I approve of this trailer.
I was about to say the same thing until I remembered that Whiplash looked scary in the IM2 trailer and then didn't have much impact on the movie. Here's hoping they've learned their lesson and have delivered a terrifying Mandarin.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
Happy Jack
Iconographer

It was a strong trailer. Definitely darker in tone than the other two and possibly all of the Marvel movies to date. Just judging from the teaser I think it has the potential to be the best of the series, certainly better than Iron Man 2 at least. The music in the trailer was pretty generic, though.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #33
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

It was damn near perfection IMO. My hype for this movie has greatly increased because of the trailer, everything about it was great.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #34
SnarkyLeigh
Snarking All Night Long

I can't wait to see this movie! SUCH a good trailer!

SnarkyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #35
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Yep, I totally agree with you, warhorse78, what I've always liked before was that Pepper was able to use her intelligence and wits to get around situations...covering up with the newspaper, getting Coulson involved, getting Hammer arrested...

This makes me long for Iron Man: Armored Adventures and Rescue...

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

I try really really hard not to put any stock into movie trailers, mainly because they area basically propaganda for a film. They are designed to appeal to emotions and get people excited, and there have been plenty of terrible movies with awesome trailers.

I have been following this movie closely because I think hiring Shane Black to write/direct it is absolutely brilliant. He is an incredibly talented, very original story teller who specializes in adventure/thrillers. So I was excited to see some footage, to see what direction he would be taking the movie in. After seeing the trailer it I am excited even more. Everything looked phenomenal. As much as I liked the first two IM movies I am fully expecting this one to be better, 100% because of Shane Black.

JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #37
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
His house. I hate seeing great achitecture be destroyed, even if it is CGI.

And oh, it's good. I like my movies to have some comedy in them, and seeing that this is Tony Starke here, lack of comedy knocked it down a few notches for me. And, I'm not too thrilled with the depiction of Pepper Potts being a damsel in distress.
Haha..i'm an architecture major and i cringed hard when the house went down..it was such a beautiful structure..lol

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 AM   #38
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

It's probably my favorite trailer out of the IM films, the action is bigger, the villain is more menacing, and the tone is perfect.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #39
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

I don't know what perfection looks like in ANY trailer so I'm not clicking on that. But it's an easy choice for me to click on the great button.

With proper execution, ANY movie idea can work.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #40
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I think that the trailer was perfect in that it ramped up anticipation for the film by delivering just enough of the plot and action to whet the viewer's appetite. The tone and the visuals were terrific. The best part, for me, was that they raised so many questions about the film, which made me all the more anxious to see it. Trailers should leave us eager for more rather than giving away every little plot detail far ahead of time.

Whoever Marvel has creating its trailers deserves every penny they're being paid. The Avengers had great trailers, too, unlike poor John Carter. The trailer for Thor : TDW ought to be just as amazing. Phase 2 is shaping up to be marvelous.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:19 AM   #41
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I thinks its time to rate the MCU trailers... This Iron Man 3 trailer has to be the best for me... followed by the second Trailer for the Avengers, and Iron Man's trailer....

Thor's trailers weren't too convincing... it was very mediocre...

I know some people said they dont like Mandarins voice, but i love it! Its so theatrical, its not a accent you hear everyday, its larger then life, and for a such a great villain its warranted!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #42
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The trailer has reached 31,000,000 views in just over 48 hours on YouTube. That ranks right up there with the fastest-spreading viral videos ever. For comparison, it took the Kony 2012 video a week to reach 32 million hits. Now I'm anxious to know those iTunes numbers. They must be phenomenal.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #43
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The trailer has reached 31,000,000 views in just over 48 hours on YouTube. That ranks right up there with the fastest-spreading viral videos ever. For comparison, it took the Kony 2012 video a week to reach 32 million hits. Now I'm anxious to know those iTunes numbers. They must be phenomenal.
First sign of the post-avengers boost. TDKR is at 30 mill, Avengers trailer right now is at 37 mill. IM3 will probably eclipse that by tonight. The MCU has garnered a ridiculous fan base right now. Congrats to Feige and the rest of the gang. Phase 2 is gonna be an awesome 3 yrs

Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #44
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Wow, that is impressive. It's awesome looking at this now and thinking back to 2006-2007 when Iron man was first announced, and how only us diehards were fervently looking forward to it knowing it could potentially usher in a shared universe. 5 years later and look how far things have come.
Bravo, Marvel studios.
I am now pretty much expecting this movie to rake in over a billion dollars world wide.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #45
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post

Wow, that is impressive. It's awesome looking at this now and thinking back to 2006-2007 when Iron man was first announced, and how only us diehards were fervently looking forward to it knowing it could potentially usher in a shared universe. 5 years later and look how far things have come.
Bravo, Marvel studios.
I am now pretty much expecting this movie to rake in over a billion dollars world wide.
Prior to the trailer i would have said no. I predicted 750 Mill worldwide but man, if this thing follows the path of the avengers in terms of marketing and a badass 2nd trailer. I can see it cracking a billion, especially with the 3d and probably imax as well.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #46
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Word.
Now I wont be disappointed by any means if, for whatever reason, it doesn't make a billion because there is now zero doubt in my mind this will outgross all the prior MCU movies other than the Avengers, but I highly doubt it won't. I mean... just watch that trailer. That sequence with his house being bombed is breathtaking.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #47
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I thought it was "okay".

I'm not big on the music in the trailer, or at least when the suits start blowing up. (this is the same who did the music for The Expendables and the Fast n Furious movies btw).

I find the slow mo explosions to be cheesy.

Stark's dialogue seems forced. I'm not sure if it's the dialogue itself or the way it's being spoken. Perhaps it doesn't feel earned. It's a lot of 'sad talk' without outlining what the actual emotional issue at hand is.

The Mandarin's dialogue didn't do anything for me. His accent was interesting though.

Visual effects were very intricate but lacked impact (except for the shot of Iron Man getting crushed, which was awesomely framed). The shots of his home crumbling into the ocean remind me of 2012.

That being said, I really like the first shot of Iron Man on the ice, especially the colouring.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 AM   #48
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I like the concept this trailer sets up with his house and technology getting blown apart. It's like Tony is back in the cave in the middle of the desert with his back up against the wall, trying to find a way out of a difficult situation. Having to start from scratch and show the man literally makes the suit.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #49
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I thought it was "okay".

I'm not big on the music in the trailer, or at least when the suits start blowing up. (this is the same who did the music for The Expendables and the Fast n Furious movies btw).
While you are correct that Brian Tyler is doing the music for this movie, the music you heard in the trailer was done by another company, not by him.

Quote:
Stark's dialogue seems forced. I'm not sure if it's the dialogue itself or the way it's being spoken. Perhaps it doesn't feel earned. It's a lot of 'sad talk' without outlining what the actual emotional issue at hand is.
To be fair, there's no context for the dialogue, and it's obviously spliced together, so it gives the wrong impression. It will all probably sound a lot better in the proper context.

Quote:
The Mandarin's dialogue didn't do anything for me. His accent was interesting though.
Again, it will probably sound better in the right context.

Quote:
Visual effects were very intricate but lacked impact (except for the shot of Iron Man getting crushed, which was awesomely framed). The shots of his home crumbling into the ocean remind me of 2012.
Well, the effects are obviously not even finished (the movie doesn't come out for another six months), so there's more room to improve details and give it the polish it needs.

Hell, I remember the Superbowl spot released in February 2008 for Iron Man having a shot where the effects were obviously incomplete, with Iron Man shooting a small missile at a tank. That was only three months before the final film was supposed to be released! And look how incredible and detailed the finished product looked compared to that incomplete shot. They're both like night and day.

Superbowl Spot (@ 0:22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMN_Xvk3spA
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Film Version (@ 1:30)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2ACEr9NmQ
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It's probably a little premature to judge the VFX at this point in time, because they will obviously look a hell of a lot better once the film is released. I think they already look pretty great, so I can only imagine how amazing the completed VFX will look.

A teaser's trailer is supposed to do two things: 1) To give you an idea of what the film will be about without giving away specific plot points and 2) to give you the general tone of the film. And in my humble opinion, this teaser delivered that in spades.

5-.-2-.-14

TheWiseGuy487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #50
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
A teaser's trailer is supposed to do two things: 1) To give you an idea of what the film will be about without giving away specific plot points and 2) to give you the general tone of the film. And in my humble opinion, this teaser delivered that in spades.
fair enough. But this is a review of the trailer after all, and I've seen much better trailers.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote