The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America 3

Old 10-21-2012, 02:11 AM   #26
Superhero 101
DESI

Default Re: Crossbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Out of the actors in the rumor I think Durand is the best suited.
Yeah Durand has proven himself as a pretty decent actor. I wouldn't mind if he was Crossbones.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:35 AM   #27
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Yeah NCW seems much more suited to Zemo. (he'd probably be perfect.)

Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #28
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Remember the casting report said they were up for two different roles, so I think Durand is the only one up for Crossbones of the actors mentioned. The other two are probably up for Zemo.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #29
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

CBM is now reporting that Frank Grillo *is* casting for Crossbones, and has all but got the part nailed down. After tweeting earlier today about a successful casting call at Marvel Studios in Cali, Grillo added: "WOW. Badass fans that Marvel has. Fierce muthas. #bones"

....Interesting hashtag, of course.
To add fuel to the fire, CBM reports that a radio talk show host had announced that casting call even BEFORE Grillo's tweets, and promises to dish more later this week.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #30
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Durand seems more like Crossbones to me, but Grillo is also a solid choice (and perhaps not as obvious of one, which might be their intention). Surprised at this... I always thought an appearance by Mr. Bones was a long shot, but I guess not. Does this mean Diamondback is likely to show up too?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #31
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

This will work. The flick is shaping up.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Figs
Banned User

From SHH's front page.

Quote:
Frank Grillo, who appeared earlier this year in The Grey, is rumored to be up for a part in Marvel Studio's Captain America: The Winter Soldier and reports suggest that the role is likely that of Brock Rumlow, better known as Crossbones.

Grillo himself tweeted earlier today about a visit to Los Angeles and a meeting with Marvel along with the hashtag "#captainamerica". The tweets have since been deleted, but the official Twitter feed of The Matthew Aaron Show has repeatedly made the claim that Grillo was auditioning to play Crossbones and, what's more, that he's allegedly very close to getting the part.

First introduced in the comics in the late 1980's, Crossbones is better known today for his major role in Ed Brubaker's modern arc on "Captain America." A highly trained mercenary working for the Red Skull, Crossbones played a major role in the assassination of Steve Rogers following Marvel's "Civil War."

Although Crossbones' potential appearance in the 2014 sequel is far from confirmed, Brubaker's "Captain America" comics, as evidenced by the Winter Soldier title, are certain to serve as a major inspiration for the Stephen McFeely screenplay.

Set to be directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, Captain America: The Winter Soldier will star Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie and is planned to hit theaters on April 4, 2014

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #33
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I wonder if this means we'll see the Red Skull (the original, or a new one). After all, it doesn't really make sense to have Crossbones if the Skull isn't somehow involved.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #34
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I wonder if this means we'll see the Red Skull (the original, or a new one). After all, it doesn't really make sense to have Crossbones if the Skull isn't somehow involved.
maybe Crossbones is just a side character just used for action scenes. But if that were the case They might Cast a nobody. I'm not sure how REd Skull will fit in. Unless he gets shot early in the story like he did in the Winter Soldier comic

Old 10-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #35
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Well, the Skull was the one who gave him the name Crossbones, because he intended for him to be his sidekick or whatever. I guess they could introduce Crossbones without the Skull being involved, but that would be sort of strange if Cap keeps running into villains with names that reference bones.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #36
Tvar10
I aim to misbehave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Well, the Skull was the one who gave him the name Crossbones, because he intended for him to be his sidekick or whatever. I guess they could introduce Crossbones without the Skull being involved, but that would be sort of strange if Cap keeps running into villains with names that reference bones.
Maybe they'll have him the leader of a military group that idolizes red skull

Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #37
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvar10 View Post
Maybe they'll have him the leader of a military group that idolizes red skull
Likely one of the Hydra remnants, or more likely, a second or third hand derivative thereof.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Remember the casting report said they were up for two different roles, so I think Durand is the only one up for Crossbones of the actors mentioned. The other two are probably up for Zemo.

I'm with ya.

but you sure it was two different roles?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The report said that Costner Waldo was up for a European role, and Holloway was up for an American role. I suppose it's possible Holloway was casting for Crossbones, and the deal fell through and it looks like they're zooming in on Grillo instead; but allow me to reiterate (once again) my belief that Holloway is casting for John Walker.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
metaphysician
Side-Kick

How would John Walker fit into the plot, though? It would be weird to do both Winter Soldier *and* a failed SSS candidate in the same story.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
How would John Walker fit into the plot, though? It would be weird to do both Winter Soldier *and* a failed SSS candidate in the same story.
Walker wasn't part of the SSS, and didn't receive the Serum.....
He got his power from the Power Broker.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #42
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

i would be fine if it were crossbones and zemo...hell, I hope it's zemo

Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #43
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
i would be fine if it were crossbones and zemo...hell, I hope it's zemo
Pretty sure it's Crossbones (Grillo), Zemo (Coster-Waldau), *and* US Agent (Holloway).

Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #44
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

U.S. Agent, huh? That would be interesting. He's just like Cap... only batsh** crazy!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #45
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Walker wasn't part of the SSS, and didn't receive the Serum.....
He got his power from the Power Broker.
In the comics. We aren't talking about the comics, we are talking about the movies. Where, given what has already been shown? Walker would almost certainly be an attempt to recreate the SSS by *someone*.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
In the comics. We aren't talking about the comics, we are talking about the movies. Where, given what has already been shown? Walker would almost certainly be an attempt to recreate the SSS by *someone*.
Why does everything have to be "an attempt to recreate the SSS?" That gets old real quick.....Red Skull, Bucky, Hulk, Abomination....I seriously doubt they'd try to pile US Agent onto that list, too.

It's high time that people in the MCU start getting their superpowers from new sources, and quit trying to duplicate already existing powersets. If US Agent appears, he'll get his powers the old-fashioned way --- genetic experimentation, mutation, bionics, or whatever. Maybe he turns out to be a shill for HYDRA.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #47
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Frank Grillo has landed the role of the villainous Crossbones in Marvel and Disney's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

A key villain in Captain America's rogues gallery, character debuted in 1989 as Brock Rumlow, a leader of the Savage Crims gang in New York's lower East Side before joining a school for criminals and later becoming a henchman of the Red Skull under the code name Crossbones.

Grillo tweeted last week that he had tested for a role in the "Captain America" sequel, and hinted of the character with the hashtag "bones." Thesp most recently appeared in "End of Watch," "The Grey" and "Warrior," and will next have supporting roles in "Gangster Squad" and "Zero Dark Thirty."

Chris Evans returns as the star-spangled hero in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," along with Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes (who becomes assassin the Winter Soldier), Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders and Scarlett Johansson. Anthony Mackie will play Cap ally The Falcon.

Anthony Russo and Joe Russo are helming the actioner from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. Pic is dated for an April 4, 2014 release.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118061391

Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Good show.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #49
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm loving where this is going with the addition of Crossbone in "Winter Solider" it's pretty clear that Zemo is going to probably be the one who pulling the strings of HYDRA and Winter Solider with Crossbone doing all the dirty work.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:42 AM   #50
Silvermoth
Avenger

Cool, I hope he's really intense like Robert Caryle in Trainspotting not just a grunt who chuckles to himself and grunts.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote