The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 10-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #526
gingerhulk
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZspidey View Post
Not sure if anyone is interested here, but this is the last mask Im offering before Halloween and probably for a while. So tired of making Bane masks lol.
-Todd
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Dark-...item2a24b7eeec
I'm taking that as enough time for me to save up for one of your masterpieces

gingerhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #527
BREAD WARRIOR
Side-Kick

Got my wrist guard from Loviatar today and... Damn this is nice. If your planning on getting a wrist guard definitely look to buy from him. Quality is tops and its real leather.

Thanks so much Loviatar!

BREAD WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #528
stricky345
Side-Kick

Made the mold of my sculpt. Will post pictures next when I pulled a cast.. Just wish I had more time with everything.

And man making plaster molds is sure an adventure (I almost cried, yes I did!)..

stricky345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #529
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Took a page out of RDMauls book and grabbed a $6 long sleeve black shirt from Wal mart for the prologue outfit for Halloween party hopping.
Also, drilled out the holes on the grill of my jbrown mask. I CAN BREATHE NOW.
Now to see if I can fit a coffee stirrer through the holes for fluid intake...

Mysterynigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #530
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Dear god, MJ, congrats on that sale. That price skyrocketed at the end.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #531
Luckyslev
That one guy

Hey guys, siq clothing has a vest that she made extra (or someone didn't pay, that's my guess) and it's ready to ship. She just put up pics of it on her facebook page and I think she is gonna dump it on ebay really soon (possibly tonight). Just thought I'd share this here in case anyone wanted it.

Luckyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #532
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterynigma View Post
Dear god, MJ, congrats on that sale. That price skyrocketed at the end.
IK, R?! He left me a note by the computer full of happy curse words and exclamation points.

We've never done ebay before, we had no idea what to expect. I kinda wish that when he asked me how long I thought it should be listed I would have said a 3-day auction, but I thought more time=more viewers. Clearly not in this case. He had over a thousand views and 20 watchers by 3 days, and I think they all just waited to try to snipe it right there at the end.

He's still sleeping, I'm sure he'll say "thanks" when he gets up.

Dakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #533
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricky345 View Post
Made the mold of my sculpt. Will post pictures next when I pulled a cast.. Just wish I had more time with everything.

And man making plaster molds is sure an adventure (I almost cried, yes I did!)..
Did you make a mold of your sculpt with plaster, too?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #534
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BREAD WARRIOR View Post
Got my wrist guard from Loviatar today and... Damn this is nice. If your planning on getting a wrist guard definitely look to buy from him. Quality is tops and its real leather.

Thanks so much Loviatar!
That IS really nice! I found the little rings for the glove totally by accident in the purse hardware at my local fabric store. I just wish that I could find them in varied sizes.

Also, I wish I had bothered with the leather working class back when I was a theatre major. I only took costuming, and we spent about half a second on leather. *le sigh*

Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #535
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Ok...I think I got the angry/sad/confused eyes down.
http://instagr.am/p/RMMTThRQz4/

Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #536
stricky345
Side-Kick

Dakins, ya I did and never will do it again.. Did you do it too? How did you seal it up to cast in Urethane?

Ohh and congrats on the sale ..

My mask project seems to be falling through, I'm seriously considering crying and hiding in a edge for the next two weeks.. I bought some cheap latex.. Seller said it can be used for masks too.. My arse.. It's way too thin and left a mess in my bathroom.. What do I say.. It looks like a warzone in there.. Need to find a way how to thicken it up and get the latex off my arms (it's better than waxing I'm telling ya)..

Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #537
Thebanewagon
Blah Bane Blah

Quote:
Took a page out of RDMauls book and grabbed a $6 long sleeve black shirt from Wal mart for the prologue outfit for Halloween party hopping.
Also, drilled out the holes on the grill of my jbrown mask. I CAN BREATHE NOW.
Now to see if I can fit a coffee stirrer through the holes for fluid intake...

How did you do it lol when I tried that with mine the scilicon holes just seal right back up

Thebanewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #538
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

I held some cardboard behind it and used a drill bit that looked like it was BARELY too large and basically drilled them over and over again. It didn't put a full sized hole because of the stretching but it's big enough to allow air through and make my voice not so muffled.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #539
stricky345
Side-Kick

Baby-powder thickened up the latex a bit... I just hope it dries through completely..

Old 10-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #540
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Dakins, ya I did and never will do it again.. Did you do it too? How did you seal it up to cast in Urethane?

Ohh and congrats on the sale ..

My mask project seems to be falling through, I'm seriously considering crying and hiding in a edge for the next two weeks.. I bought some cheap latex.. Seller said it can be used for masks too.. My arse.. It's way too thin and left a mess in my bathroom.. What do I say.. It looks like a warzone in there.. Need to find a way how to thicken it up and get the latex off my arms (it's better than waxing I'm telling ya)..
Well, I did the only plaster part there was to MJ's cast and it had nothing to do with the mask at all. I made a plaster cast of his head in two parts, he fit that together and filled it with concrete so he had a concrete bust of himself, so to say, to sculpt on. He'd have to tell you what he made the mold with.

I am concerned for you. I'm pretty sure when you pull the latex, you say? Out, it will be filled with pock-markies and plaster dust.

*pat pat* I hope I'm wrong. Best of luck.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #541
stricky345
Side-Kick

Nah, I guess the pulling should be fine when you got the right latex.. Plaster molds are meant for latex.... We will see, got a good thickness now, will see how everything turns out tommorrow..

Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #542
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

Some guy is selling a "custom" Velcro fitted bane mask on eBay. It's a ****ing rubies mask painted black and he's asking over 200, and I know someone will fall for it.

Also, that mask on eBay someone posted a long time ago that had pictures of the sculpture on the listing by ptfxpaul? Scam. Talked with the guy for about 2 months and I decided to give it a shot since he sounded legit. Currently waiting for PayPal to get me my money back since he stopped responding the moment the money cleared.

Thank god for PayPal.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #543
jclinton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
That IS really nice! I found the little rings for the glove totally by accident in the purse hardware at my local fabric store. I just wish that I could find them in varied sizes.

Also, I wish I had bothered with the leather working class back when I was a theatre major. I only took costuming, and we spent about half a second on leather. *le sigh*
That gauntlet came out great!

jclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #544
Thx818

Here is what I wore last saturday

Thx818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #545
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Nah, I guess the pulling should be fine when you got the right latex.. Plaster molds are meant for latex.... We will see, got a good thickness now, will see how everything turns out tommorrow..
Matt (woah, MJ has a name) says his mold is silicone, given strength with plastipaste. (He says that's a "mother mold".)

I am new to these terms, so I can't give anything much more in depth than that... I'll just be price quoting sergers over here, now that we've found us a new hobby and I'm the sewing branch of the production team.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #546
RoadJudge
New User - Level 0

Hey everybody...decided to share the process on my vest. Started with a standard MOLLE VEST and it just took off from there. It was actually easier than I thought. Let me know if you like or have any questions.

RoadJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #547
Luckyslev
That one guy

Quote:
Some guy is selling a "custom" Velcro fitted bane mask on eBay. It's a ****ing rubies mask painted black and he's asking over 200, and I know someone will fall for it.

Also, that mask on eBay someone posted a long time ago that had pictures of the sculpture on the listing by ptfxpaul? Scam. Talked with the guy for about 2 months and I decided to give it a shot since he sounded legit. Currently waiting for PayPal to get me my money back since he stopped responding the moment the money cleared.

Thank god for PayPal.
Praise God for Paypal!

I was just thinking about that mask the other day and was wondering what came of that. Sorry for your luck man, hope everything gets sorted out.

Luckyslev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #548
Mysterynigma
Side-Kick

It just really...irks me. I only went for it because I figure "hell...if its a con there's no way hed be still discussing it with me after 2 months" and it was a pretty damn good sculpt. But I ordered. It with the understanding he could have it shipped out the next Monday. He tells me it needs to cure another day and sends a message regarding what shipping method to use. That was 2 tuesdays ago, and he hasn't replied to anything since. My convention came and went and my Halloween parties are this weekend. No contact whatsoever. I really had my hopes up and keep hoping his computer broke and it will show up tomorrow. But whatever...PayPal was pretty understanding.
Sigh.

Edit:

On a lighter note...
BREATHING HOLES
http://instagr.am/p/RPFe1MxQ9q/

Last edited by Mysterynigma; 10-26-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #549
dan148

Hey guys someone else just put up there Todd cook bane mask on eBay. Willing to sell for 800

dan148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #550
AZspidey
www.toddcookdesigns.com

Just so you guys know, someone has repainted it and it looks like ****.its ruined Its also funny that that is the same mask sold by tannerain a week ago.
-Todd

edit: he also says he paid $800 for it, in actuality he paid $735 + $20 shipping

Last edited by AZspidey; 10-26-2012 at 04:23 AM.
AZspidey is offline   Reply With Quote