The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: Which Hero will likely come in 1st place?
IronmanIII 1st, Superman 2nd, Thor2 3rd and Wolverine 4th. 12 30.00%
IronmanIII 1st, Superman 2nd, The Wolverine 3rd and Thor2 4th. 3 7.50%
Superman 1st, Ironman III 2nd, Thor2 3rd and Wolverine 4th. 8 20.00%
IronmanIII 1st, Thor2 2nd, Superman 3rd and Wolverine 4th. 17 42.50%
Superman 1st, Wolverine 2nd, IronmanIII 3rd and Thor 2 4th. 0 0%
Wolverine 1st, Ironman 2nd, Superman 3rd and Thor 2 4th 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #76
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Which Comic Book Hero will rain Supreme next year?

The one thing I worry about with AT, is that I heard him talking about giving the film a more grounded and real look about it, but I worry that will take away from some of the Kirby'esque look of the first film.

When I wrote my review for Thor on this site, I wrote something to the effect, that, "this is the film Fantastic Four should have been and wasn't," referring to all the Jack Kirby inspired sets on the film, where Fantastic Four looked bland and un original, nothing like what Jack Kirby drew for the FF.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:05 AM   #77
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
The one thing I worry about with AT, is that I heard him talking about giving the film a more grounded and real look about it, but I worry that will take away from some of the Kirby'esque look of the first film.

When I wrote my review for Thor on this site, I wrote something to the effect, that, "this is the film Fantastic Four should have been and wasn't," referring to all the Jack Kirby inspired sets on the film, where Fantastic Four looked bland and un original, nothing like what Jack Kirby drew for the FF.
Well I don't see how they can change the look that Asgard has already established. There'll still be some Kirby in there.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #78
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Thor 2 has a new director, so I don't think we can use the first movie as an example for the sequel. Nobody knows how it will turn out, but I have faith that the new director (Alan Taylor I think) will do a great job, if his work on Game of Thrones is an indicator.
Alan Taylor's Game of Thrones is great television. No doubt about that but I don't think we can say the sets were of grandiose proportions. The battles themselves lacked some size. However, there's no telling how much control he had when arriving to the budget and cinematography. At times, the show's format felt condensed.

Now, this means nothing. Alan will have a larger budget and be paired with another set designer, so who knows what Taylor will bring to the table until a trailer hits the web.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #79
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

Yeah, sort of worried about this after thinking about it. Apparently they're shooting one of the locations for Asgard in Iceland, so right off the bat you know it won't look as fantastical as Thor. I really wish they would get over this "real, grounded" crap because that's not how these stories or characters were designed to be in the first place. The whole draw of superheroes is that they are fantastical. When you're talking about Thor, a norse god, there's no point in trying to make him grounded, you just can't.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:25 AM   #80
SuperSpideyGirl
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 is pretty much guaranteed to be the top superhero film after the success of the previous two solo films and Avengers.

Right now I'd say Thor 2 second with MoS closely behind it but that could easily change. I haven't really felt the hype for MoS and the teaser didn't really do much to generate buzz amongst the general audience. When more action-oriented teasers come out I'm sure the hype will increase but for now I'm putting Thor 2 ahead of it.

SuperSpideyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #81
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Well, yeah. It's a teaser, not a full-length trailer. The audience wasn't given the Comic-Con trailer that threw the fanboy community in a jizz-tastic rage. So there's no hype for MoS at the current moment.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #82
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Thor featured three realms but it didn't feel massive in scale to me.

My guess is this'll come down to which film has the bigger action sequences and set-pieces, and MoS might have the edge on that. The 20-minute Kryptonian War alone might take the cake.
Three realms is hardly comparable to nine realms so the first Thor is not really a good example.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #83
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yeah, sort of worried about this after thinking about it. Apparently they're shooting one of the locations for Asgard in Iceland, so right off the bat you know it won't look as fantastical as Thor. I really wish they would get over this "real, grounded" crap because that's not how these stories or characters were designed to be in the first place. The whole draw of superheroes is that they are fantastical. When you're talking about Thor, a norse god, there's no point in trying to make him grounded, you just can't.
Meh, I think there is room for both. I don't get why some think every superhero movie has to look exactly like a comic book either.

There is always a context and different approaches is all the charm.

Live action is in itself fundamentally different from drawing or animation, so already there you automatically have a more real feeling context. For me part of the charm with that is bringing this fantastical to life. Then you can do it more or less, depending on what feeling you are after. Personally I can appreciate both, in their extremes and everything in between, as long as I think it's well done and fits the story.

I think both more grounded and more stylistic approaches have their purpose and place.

I also think people sometimes puts the wrong value in the word 'grounded'. There are different levels to it, and it doesn't always mean it will be low key and non fantastical.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited by 747; 10-24-2012 at 06:22 AM.
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #84
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

While I agree with you that the "grounded in reality" trend is nonsense when talking about Thor, the Iceland locations are quite fantastical looking. They won't have any problem integrating those sites with their Norse gods an mythical demons.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #85
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Well, yeah. It's a teaser, not a full-length trailer. The audience wasn't given the Comic-Con trailer that threw the fanboy community in a jizz-tastic rage. So there's no hype for MoS at the current moment.
MOS went into production on August 1, 2011. Why don't they have a full trailer out yet? IM3 started shooting on May 23rd and already has a spectacular trailer ready for theatrical release, not just a teaser. One would think that WB would be more on the ball than this, especially in light of the disappointment that was Superman Returns.

When a film takes almost two years from the start of principal photography to its premier, that's a bit disconcerting.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #86
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Default Re: Which comic book hero will reign supreme next year?

1 Iron Man 3 (400-500 mill maybe)
2 Thor: The Dark World (400 mill)
3 The Man of Steel (250-300ish mill)
4 The Wolverine (200ish mill)
5 Kick-Ass 2 (100ish mill)

Just my guesses....

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #87
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
1 Iron Man 3 (400-500 mill maybe)
2 Thor: The Dark World (400 mill)
3 The Man of Steel (250-300ish mill)
4 The Wolverine (200ish mill)
5 Kick-Ass 2 (100ish mill)

Just my guesses....
Domestically you mean?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #88
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I feel that Man of Steel will be the best superhero movie of 2013, but it will come last in terms of Box Office collections.

For MOS, I predict Domestic collections around - 250 mil.

In terms of Box Office success it will be -

Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Wolverine, MOS.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #89
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Domestically you mean?
I should've been more specific, yes, domestic

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #90
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
MOS went into production on August 1, 2011. Why don't they have a full trailer out yet? IM3 started shooting on May 23rd and already has a spectacular trailer ready for theatrical release, not just a teaser. One would think that WB would be more on the ball than this, especially in light of the disappointment that was Superman Returns.

When a film takes almost two years from the start of principal photography to its premier, that's a bit disconcerting.
Man of Steel was set to be released this December until WB rescheduled the release. It was a smart decision to give MoS breathing room considering it was up against The Hobbit (a WB production as well) but I, myself, was worried since most films that are pushed back tend to be doomed... until I witnessed the footage, of course.

A MoS trailer is set to be unveiled in December with The Hobbit.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 10-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #91
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Three realms is hardly comparable to nine realms so the first Thor is not really a good example.
Three realms hardly added to the effect of scale, in my opinion. So you could've add another twenty realms and the film still wouldn't have felt enormous.

All that matters is how Alan Taylor will create these worlds and put them on display.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #92
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Personally I think Thor 2 will be the best movie, IM3 will make the most, but I am just as hyped for Thor 2 as I was for the avengers

Old 10-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #93
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Three realms hardly added to the effect of scale, in my opinion. So you could've add another twenty realms and the film still wouldn't have felt enormous.

All that matters is how Alan Taylor will create these worlds and put them on display.
It's not hard to see that Thor suffered from a limited budget which is why the scope wasn't the large. Everyone knows that MS plans to be much bigger and bolder in Phase 2, not to mention MS saying Thor 2 is going to be second only to TA in scope.

"Thor 2 is expected to double its cast of larger than life Aasgardians and mythical Norse creatures, making it one of the largest scale Marvel adventures to date, second only to The Avengers."

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #94
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It's not hard to see that Thor suffered from a limited budget which is why the scope wasn't the large. Everyone knows that MS plans to be much bigger and bolder in Phase 2, not to mention MS saying Thor 2 is going to be second only to TA in scope.

"Thor 2 is expected to double its cast of larger than life Aasgardians and mythical Norse creatures, making it one of the largest scale Marvel adventures to date, second only to The Avengers."
Although I wasn't a fan of the first film, I adored the design to Asgard. It was a gorgeous creation.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alan can add to that mystic world. I'm hoping to also witness a more fantasy but natural based appearance to these other realms. The budget is bigger this time around, after all. Iceland has awe-spiring landscapes, so we'll see whether or not Taylor can take advantage.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #95
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Iron Man 3 will make the most, no contest. The amount of views/likes of the new trailer on Youtube in such a short time is Avengers/TDKR-esque. I think Superman will be #2 if it's good. Thor 2 has some insane competition with Hunger Games. Wolverine #4 given it's track record.

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #96
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Although I wasn't a fan of the first film, I adored the design to Asgard. It was a gorgeous creation.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Alan can add to that mystic world. I'm hoping to also witness a more fantasy but natural based appearance to these other realms. The budget is bigger this time around, after all. Iceland has awe-spiring landscapes, so we'll see whether or not Taylor can take advantage.
Unfortunately that entire "world" was a bunch of pixel and a couple of dressed sets. I'm hoping Alan Taylor steps it up. That mixed in with the swinging of the hammer action and this movie needs to win me over.

We're missing the
Superman, Ironman, Wolverine, Thor option.

Right now Ironman3 has about as much if not less hype that IM2 did. That suitcase armor and the first sequel vibe really pushed it over the top for buzz. IM needs good word of mouth and a summer as lame as 2008 if it's going to soar past it's predecessors in such a way as some are predicting here. There's a been there done that aura it's giving off to some(new armor after old ones fails, an in film press tour, new business competition, WarMachine stuff, another Euro villain...Pepper Pots(even batman replaced the female leads to the point where the last one was a selling point)) at this point the shattered mask defeated hero vibe TDKR sold tickets can only go so far given this being a disney movie.

Wolverine is the biggest thing coming out of xmen. His cameo alone was a huge highlight in XFC. If they deliver(and they might). If they even pull an Obama and just do better than the dreadful first showing, the critical response will be very strong and people will flock.
The promise of a Wolverine in the next avengers is more exciting than just about any other character not played by RDJ. That's the truth.

I think all Snyder has to do is deliver a superman the cinematic audience has never seen or rather, never been introduced too. This is very simple given everyone that's read a superman book knows what it's all about. The promise of a lex in this world will be that of a promise of a Joker in nolan world...Cool and scary again. When Snyder delivers this, we'll get a word of mouth the likes of which Batman Begins could only dream about. The damage this series has will keep it at bay with about the first IronMan's numbers. 300mill. WB will give Nolan a presence next summer in the form of this film.

Superman will be the strongest action we see this year, that alone will be huge.

Last edited by Marvin; 10-24-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #97
SoNicRaDiATioN
Side-Kick

1) IM3 - 850M ww (trailer really amped it up for me)

2) MoS - 700-800M ww (looks like Snyder is aping Nolan. Disappointing to me, but the fanboys are eating that s#% up for some reason. I hope Snyder does his thing 'cause as a visual storyteller he is superior to Nolan)

3) Thor: TDW - 550-600M ww

4) Wolverine - 300- 350M ww (expect this film to put Wolverine on the path back to greatness)

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 10-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #98
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
If Man of Steel doesn't make more than Thor 2, I doubt it spells trouble for any DCU plans. WB is still green-lighting the Justice League.
I don't think being beaten by one of the stars of the third highest grossing movie ever would seem like a horrible defeat for DC.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #99
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't think being beaten by one of the stars of the third highest grossing movie ever would seem like a horrible defeat for DC.
Thor is without a doubt going to get a boost from The Avengers. Superman, however, had a rusty start getting out of the gate (after being absent from the big screen for nearly 30 years) with Returns. It wasn't the homecoming WB was hoping for, but Man of Steel will likely be what WB wanted six years ago -- a Superman that'll connect with the audience and kick copious amounts of ass. So there won't be any type of shame if MoS fails to beat IM3 and Thor 2. The pressure will be on the sequel to be the top CBM of 20__.

Right now though, as Jim Lee put it, "Zeus is coming home...".

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #100
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Right now Ironman3 has about as much if not less hype that IM2 did. That suitcase armor and the first sequel vibe really pushed it over the top for buzz. IM needs good word of mouth and a summer as lame as 2008 if it's going to soar past it's predecessors in such a way as some are predicting here. There's a been there done that aura it's giving off to some(new armor after old ones fails, an in film press tour, new business competition, WarMachine stuff, another Euro villain...Pepper Pots(even batman replaced the female leads to the point where the last one was a selling point)) at this point the shattered mask defeated hero vibe TDKR sold tickets can only go so far given this being a disney movie.

Superman will be the strongest action we see this year, that alone will be huge.
I dont really agree with any of this. And theres no way to know yet if superman will have the biggest action

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote