The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Which "Big Gun" Do You Want To See?
Warrior's Madness 7 20.00%
God Blast 7 20.00%
Throwing An Enemy Into Space 2 5.71%
Massive Hurricane/Storms 5 14.29%
Teleportation Vortex 3 8.57%
Molecular Transmutation 1 2.86%
Lightning Charged Hammer Throw 10 28.57%
Thermoblast 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #76
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Of course he put up a pretty good match, he was powered up to 400% well, 475% actually. The only reason they did that was so he can fight Thor :P

seriously though, it is. More than likely.
I think they put that 400% line in there because they figured it would be a funny gag (though technically unreasonable given the premises)--to have Thor's intent backfire on him. They were going to have Iron Man & Thor be a close match whether they did that gag or not.

As the Cracked.com parody script put it, "They proceed to act out their STATS from THE AVENGERS COLLECTIBLE TRADING CARD GAME and establish they are all EXACTLY EQUAL IN POWER, somehow. Guy on steroids, genius in a robot suit, invincible deity: basically identical."

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #77
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Of course he put up a pretty good match, he was powered up to 400% well, 475% actually. The only reason they did that was so he can fight Thor :P

seriously though, it is. More than likely.
Iron Man was putting up a pretty good fight even before he was powered up though.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #78
Adamantium
Your King
 
Adamantium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back home around country folk
Posts: 401
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

So let me get this straight. Thor is invincible and can not die or be hurt? If he can, how exactly can he be defeated then? If he can die, how? What exactly would have to happen?

Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #79
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
So let me get this straight. Thor is invincible and can not die or be hurt? If he can, how exactly can he be defeated then? If he can die, how? What exactly would have to happen?
Venom from Joermungandr, nine steps, fin.

To your point, though, the characterization that I quoted about Thor being invincible was from a work of satire. Even so, writers for the title over the years may have backed themselves into a corner by putting so many superlatives on Thor's powers. In the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far, Thor has not yet used his most superlative powers (much to the lament of many posters in this forum); that might be deliberate to keep plot options open.

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Also, Thor *isn't* invincible. He's just really really durable. Hit him sufficiently hard, and he will bruise, bleed, or even die. It just so happens that, in the comics, "sufficiently hard" tends to start at "the Hulk."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #81
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think they put that 400% line in there because they figured it would be a funny gag (though technically unreasonable given the premises)--to have Thor's intent backfire on him. They were going to have Iron Man & Thor be a close match whether they did that gag or not.

As the Cracked.com parody script put it, "They proceed to act out their STATS from THE AVENGERS COLLECTIBLE TRADING CARD GAME and establish they are all EXACTLY EQUAL IN POWER, somehow. Guy on steroids, genius in a robot suit, invincible deity: basically identical."
I disagree, that whole fight, ironman was holding his own, I think the reason for the 400% so they could have a reason for it to be an even fight even though it still really wasn't. They certainly aren't equal in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Iron Man was putting up a pretty good fight even before he was powered up though.
Well I mean....it was at the beginning of the fight. Thor didn't really DO anything to ironman before he powered him up, remember? Thor throw his hammer, sent ironman to the ground, ironman blasted thor into the tree, then kicked him through the tree. Now at this point, all Thor did to ironman was throw the hammer, thor then takes a year to summon one small bolt of lightning, then powers ironman up. So technically, ironman wasn't putting up a good fight before the power up, cause he was sort of winning. Thor only did one attack, so Thor didn't really get a chance to attack again, since the power up happened pretty early.

then again ironman blasts thor with unibeam, and two repulsors, Thor tanks it (which was pretty impressive in my opinion, agree?), they flew at each other, ironman had the speed advantage, flew him into the trees, then into the mountain, up to this point, ironman landed way more attacks, that thor tanked. Thor's only attack at this point (halfway through the fight) was the one hammer throw that started the fight, and the useless bolt that powered up IM. Ironman's best attacks/advantage, I would say was in this entire part of the fight, though nothing he did seemed to even bother thor remotely, ( i sorta almsot saw it as sorta sparring)

then thor elbowed stark on the mountain, and jumped then both down. Then at that point Thor started to get more serious it seemed like..sorta "enough is enough" and started to physically dominate him, and damage his armor.

So yeah, Ironman put up a good fight before the power up BT, but thor basically only got in 1 attack, and it was an early part of the fight.

Jesus, I am soo over-analytical, sorry if this is too long, I think I may have strayed away from the point,


but do you get what I was trying to say? Hopefully? lol if I got too confusing just go right ahead and say it haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Also, Thor *isn't* invincible. He's just really really durable. Hit him sufficiently hard, and he will bruise, bleed, or even die. It just so happens that, in the comics, "sufficiently hard" tends to start at "the Hulk."
Bingo.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #82
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Eh, I wouldn't say Iron Man was "winning" in any way shape or form. He was knocking around a guy who wasn't taking the fight very seriously, without causing him the slightest bit of actual harm. And once he was accidentally powered up, he. . . managed to cause Thor a bit of pain, and then Thor smacked him down hard.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #83
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,574
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

I also kind of think Thor was taking it easy since he really didn't want any troubles with CA and IM. Once IM got some hits in, that's what got Thor going and would have started wiping the floor with him had CA not intervened.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #84
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say Iron Man was "winning" in any way shape or form. He was knocking around a guy who wasn't taking the fight very seriously, without causing him the slightest bit of actual harm. And once he was accidentally powered up, he. . . managed to cause Thor a bit of pain, and then Thor smacked him down hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I also kind of think Thor was taking it easy since he really didn't want any troubles with CA and IM. Once IM got some hits in, that's what got Thor going and would have started wiping the floor with him had CA not intervened.
yeah that's how I saw it. Joss did a good job with that fight. Giving neither character the shaft, but showing thor as superior

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #85
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, I wouldn't say Iron Man was "winning" in any way shape or form. He was knocking around a guy who wasn't taking the fight very seriously, without causing him the slightest bit of actual harm. And once he was accidentally powered up, he. . . managed to cause Thor a bit of pain, and then Thor smacked him down hard.
Not to mention the fact that Thor didn't use Mjolnir for 80% of the fight.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #86
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Not to mention the fact that Thor didn't use Mjolnir for 80% of the fight.
Yeah, literally one throw lol that's it. The lightning blast was irrelevant.

Though I kinda think that if they were to fight again, the lightning would power up ironman, they probably just did that one time for the scenario

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #87
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Also, Thor *isn't* invincible. He's just really really durable. Hit him sufficiently hard, and he will bruise, bleed, or even die. It just so happens that, in the comics, "sufficiently hard" tends to start at "the Hulk."
That goes for ever hero who are labled "invulnerable", including Superman who bruises/bleeds just as much as Thor.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #88
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,995
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

I hope that Thor gets the one on one fight sequence that he deserves. So far, the only hero that most people seem to agree that has been afforded the luxury of having a kickass super leveled fight sequence with their given enemy is Spider-man.

Superman may take that reign next depending upon on how well Snyder did with MOS, but I really hope that we get to see something great for Thor in this film where his fight sequence doesn't involve just him fighting in a standard fencing game with his villain.

I want to see Thor able to utilize ALL of his powers at their best in creative ways when going up against Kurse.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #89
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Kurse. And hell, Surtur. I want to see MORE than just some lightning attacks. Even if it is BIG storms, i'd want to see different types of energy attacks

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #90
Neo_3
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 368
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Kurse. And hell, Surtur. I want to see MORE than just some lightning attacks. Even if it is BIG storms, i'd want to see different types of energy attacks
God blast, thermo blast or any type of blast. Want to see him open a portal and send some enemies to another dimension. Would like to see him use other weapons. Does he always wear the Belt of Strength? Want to see him flying at light speed. Want to see more strength feats.

Neo_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #91
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

^ yes

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #92
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
God blast, thermo blast or any type of blast. Want to see him open a portal and send some enemies to another dimension. Would like to see him use other weapons. Does he always wear the Belt of Strength? Want to see him flying at light speed. Want to see more strength feats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ yes
I don't want him to use the belt of strength because he already gets flack for using a weapons, but I agree with everything else.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #93
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't want him to use the belt of strength because he already gets flack for using a weapons, but I agree with everything else.
I want to see some versatility.

and I want to see him do something the separates him from the rest of the MCU heroes so far

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #94
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I want to see some versatility.

and I want to see him do something the separates him from the rest of the MCU heroes so far
Yeah I want to see some versatiliy as well, like aerial attacks, actual storms, energy blasts, hammer throws etc. I want him to continue showcasing his physical strength as well with some heavy lifting and fighting w/o Mjolnir.

What do you mean by something that seperates him from the rest of the MCU heroes so far?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #95
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah I want to see some versatiliy as well, like aerial attacks, actual storms, energy blasts, hammer throws etc. I want him to continue showcasing his physical strength as well with some heavy lifting and fighting w/o Mjolnir.

What do you mean by something that seperates him from the rest of the MCU heroes so far?
Well I mean, something that really shows how powerful he really is, that, to the audience, it's established that Thor is THE hero when it comes to raw power.

Dealing with a threat we know each of the other heroes wouldn't be able to deal with. Ironman would get squashed by Kurse, cap obviously, Hulk would get knocked around by Kurse, physically, as would Thor, but he has so many other powers.

And if Surtur comes into play, ohhh boy

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #96
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

The Man of Steel's power level thread is BOOMING, why isn't this one dammit!

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 11-01-2012 at 11:14 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #97
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

A serious answer: because Superman's power level, in both the comics and the adaptations, has been widely varying, with controversy and argument over which is the "correct" level. Whereas Thor has more or less had the same power level throughout the comics, and has very few adaptations.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #98
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Yeah, though I would go as far as to say Thor isn't as impressive as he used to be :/

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #99
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

I think that's just a matter of writing quality. Which is to say, Marvel's writing quality has been off and on terrible this past decade.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #100
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,000
Default Re: Thor Pulling Out The Big Guns

Ya true. But like I said earlier, that fight against Glory, brought me back

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.