The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?
I, Frankenstein 1 0.56%
G.I Joe: Retaliation 0 0%
Iron Man 3 47 26.55%
Man Of Steel 89 50.28%
The Wolverine 11 6.21%
Kick-Ass 2 3 1.69%
Thor 2 20 11.30%
Sin City 2 6 3.39%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #101
jacobed
Banned User

Default Re: Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?

Thor-love Chris H
Man of Steel-excited to see where it goes
Wolverine-should be good
IM3- I'm already sick of RDJ, he annoys me

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #102
Baramos
Side-Kick

Oh, man, 300 2. Uh. Man I don't know how I feel about that one. I think I feel negatively towards it because the first one went out of its way to be like, Xerxes is the most evil guy ever. Now let's make a movie about him winning a fight where he's the hero?

Another stupid thing was I think they came up with the idea totally separately from Frank Miller, but then he was like, "hey I'll go ahead and make that an actual graphic novel now" or something like that. So it's all just kind of weird.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #103
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

1. Man of Steel - It looks to be the next truly transcending step for the CBM genre. With Nolan overseeing things, it has the potential to be another TDK. My most anticipated film of 2013.
  2. The Wolverine - while I'm not diggin' Jackman's look in the film (or Yukyo's) I see this the way I saw A.I. - Spielberg directing a Kubrick film & doing a fantastic job. Hopefully, James Mangold can make a truly great Aronofsky film. This story can blow away anything that's come before in this genre if done correctly, still not a hundred percent about Mangold at the helm though.
  3. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - With Mickey back as Marv I'd watch this movie even if the reviews were absolute crap. His performance in the first film earned him a standing ovation at Cannes that was well in order. I'm hoping Rodriguez gets him back on track with this (he's been struggling after The Wrestler & needs something solid again). The comic is also my second fav Sin City comic (after Hard Goodbye) and I'm glad we're finally going to see it in the big screen.
  4. Thor: The Dark World - If it has confirmed connections to Thanos, I'll watch it opening night. If not, $6.00 matinee before work the Monday after. No real excitement without Thanos.
  5. Iron Man 3 - I just don't care.
  6. I, Frankenstein - No thanks.
  7. G.I. JOE: Retaliation - Looks alright, but only warrants a matinee months after its out.
  8. RED 2 - Not happening.
  9. 300: Battle of Artemisia - Intriguing but unless cast & director are impressive, excitement level remains low.
  10. R.I.P.D. - No interest what-so-ever in any movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

STAR TREK 2 whilst not a CBM is my third most anticipated film of 2013 (after MOS & Wolverine)

Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 09-05-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #104
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Man Of Steel
Iron Man 3 (I was really disappointed by IM2, but Shane Black directing Downey Jr again is a must see)
The wolverine
Sin City 2

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #105
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I have to admit i'm surprised the movies other than IM3 and MOS dont have more votes, especially Thor 2 and Sin City 2. With Kick-Ass 2 I can understand some trepidation with the director involved and most of the cast not being very good, although Jim Carrey is a big coup for that movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #106
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Kick Ass 2 is such a crappy comic book imo... The 1 one already was, but it wasn't such a "in your face" type of creepy.

About Thor, I was really disappointed by the first one. The lack of action scenes was a downer. Only the fight against the frozen giants was not that bad, and yet, it wasn't good because of how badly it was shot and cut. I like Hemsworth in the role though.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #107
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Kick Ass 2 is such a crappy comic book imo... The 1 one already was, but it wasn't such a "in your face" type of creepy.
I thought the KA movie was much better than the comic though, with Vaughn still involved I hope he makes the same sort of changes for KA2.

Quote:
About Thor, I was really disappointed by the first one. The lack of action scenes was a downer. Only the fight against the frozen giants was not that bad, and yet, it wasn't good because of how badly it was shot and cut. I like Hemsworth in the role though.
Its funny how opinions differ, personally speaking, other than The Avengers, Thor is the best Marvel Studios movie for me, I also thought it had the best action out of all of other than The Avengers as well. I wish Branagh was back for the sequel, but I am looking forward to it nontheless.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #108
SpiderBat
Side-Kick

Man of Steel & The Wolverine. I'd trade them both for a 4th nolan Batman though. [/fanboy]

SpiderBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #109
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBat View Post
Man of Steel & The Wolverine. I'd trade them both for a 4th nolan Batman though. [/fanboy]
Seconded.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #110
marcvader
Lurker #1

1. Thor 2
2. Man of Steel
3. IM 3
4. Kickass 2
5. Wolverine
6. GI Joe
7. Other

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #111
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

After seeing Dredd tonight and how different it was to the usual CBM fare, in a good way, I hope we get something similar next year which is a bit more gritty and violent. Out of the ones listed I, Frankenstein seems the most likely to be like Dredd.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #112
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
As of right now, Iron Man 3 because that's the one I'm most confident will be good. but that could change when I see more from Man of Steel or The Wolverine.
Yep. Still Iron Man 3 for me so far.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #113
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

llikewise

Old 10-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #114
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

The teaser for IM3 was great, but MOS is still tops for me, I loved the teaser for that as well, though it didnt show much, the dialogue and tone it set were perfect.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #115
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

to date i.m3 is what im interested in most

Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #116
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
The teaser for IM3 was great, but MOS is still tops for me, I loved the teaser for that as well, though it didnt show much, the dialogue and tone it set were perfect.
Really? It bored me to tears. I'm not exactly gauging my movie expectations on it though, because I know there is a lot more to the film than what I saw, but until I see him punch something...I'm not going to be getting excited. Hopefully in the next trailer we'll see him fight.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Really? It bored me to tears. I'm not exactly gauging my movie expectations on it though, because I know there is a lot more to the film than what I saw, but until I see him punch something...I'm not going to be getting excited. Hopefully in the next trailer we'll see him fight.
There is more to any film, CBM's included than someone throwing a punch though, hell I dont even recall a punch being thrown in the IM3 teaser. I just thought the mood and tone set by the MOS teaser was epic and set a brilliant tone for the film.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #118
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
I thought the KA movie was much better than the comic though, with Vaughn still involved I hope he makes the same sort of changes for KA2.

Its funny how opinions differ, personally speaking, other than The Avengers, Thor is the best Marvel Studios movie for me, I also thought it had the best action out of all of other than The Avengers as well. I wish Branagh was back for the sequel, but I am looking forward to it nontheless.

Agreed. I love Kick Ass the movie. Hopefully, part 2 will be better than the comic book as well.

What disappointed me in Thor, is that the fight against the frost giants looks great. But the editing is so awful, it's a waste. Then the final fight is a downer.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #119
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
There is more to any film, CBM's included than someone throwing a punch though, hell I dont even recall a punch being thrown in the IM3 teaser. I just thought the mood and tone set by the MOS teaser was epic and set a brilliant tone for the film.

Since Superman didn't throw a single punch in Superman Returns some of us want to see that MOS won't follow the same path. Supes is a ridiculously over-powered character, but at least they've given him villains he can physically fight in this one. It's well over a year since principal photography started on MOS, so they should have many effects sequences ready to be included in a trailer.

After the debacle that was SR, the MOS trailer needed to wow and for me it didn't. Slow and boring =/= epic. It wasn't helped at all by the use of a recognizable piece of music from The Fellowship of the Rings, taken from that movie's most somber scene. It was a dirge, which gave the trailer a downer feel. We should come away from a trailer for an action movie feeling energized and eager to see more, not depressed and weighed down. Hopefully the first full trailer will have more to offer.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #120
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Agreed. I love Kick Ass the movie. Hopefully, part 2 will be better than the comic book as well.

What disappointed me in Thor, is that the fight against the frost giants looks great. But the editing is so awful, it's a waste. Then the final fight is a downer.
The final fight certainly isnt as good as the earlier Frost Giant fight, which I didnt mind the editing in to be honest, at the camera stayed still, unlike many action movies these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Since Superman didn't throw a single punch in Superman Returns some of us want to see that MOS won't follow the same path. Supes is a ridiculously over-powered character, but at least they've given him villains he can physically fight in this one. It's well over a year since principal photography started on MOS, so they should have many effects sequences ready to be included in a trailer.

After the debacle that was SR, the MOS trailer needed to wow and for me it didn't. Slow and boring =/= epic. It wasn't helped at all by the use of a recognizable piece of music from The Fellowship of the Rings, taken from that movie's most somber scene. It was a dirge, which gave the trailer a downer feel. We should come away from a trailer for an action movie feeling energized and eager to see more, not depressed and weighed down. Hopefully the first full trailer will have more to offer.
Again I disagree, I thought the teaser showed, and very well I might add, that this is more than just an action movie, and thats what I liked about it, it showed the movie has a story and substance, which is more important than any action scene in the movie to me.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #121
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Man of Steel, Superman is my favourite character of all time. Followed by Iron Man 3, the trailer I saw the other day got me really stoked for the film.

The rest, I don't have much of a feeling for one way or the other. With the exception of Kick-Ass 2, I recently saw the first one and was pleasantly surprised by it.

I'm hoping to be as impressed by MoS as I was with Superman: The Movie when I saw it at the cinema back in 1978

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #122
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Man of Steel! All the way, baby. My list hasn't changed since September.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #123
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
I have to admit i'm surprised the movies other than IM3 and MOS dont have more votes, especially Thor 2 and Sin City 2.
Well I think only see the Frank Miller diehards going to see that one, and as much as Thor is having any semblance of popularity is strictly due to The Avengers.

In Adventures In Babysitting from the 80's there's a little girl who's a fan of Thor but her brother says a derogatory comment on Thor's sexuality which sums up Thor perfectly.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #124
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Lol after that Iron Man 3 trailer, I'm thinking there's some people that would like to change their vote!!

I'm still for Thor 2 though!!

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #125
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Well I think only see the Frank Miller diehards going to see that one, and as much as Thor is having any semblance of popularity is strictly due to The Avengers.
Thor was pretty popular before TA, it made a fair amount at the BO and then non DVD/BD, personally behind TA Thor is the best Marvel movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
In Adventures In Babysitting from the 80's there's a little girl who's a fan of Thor but her brother says a derogatory comment on Thor's sexuality which sums up Thor perfectly.
That was then, I remember it myself, doesnt mean that is the perception now, in fact its quite the opposite.