The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #26
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,882
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
X-men disbanded?

why? because he decided it?

OK. more mess. cool
Cyclops = dead
Jean = dead
Xavier = believed dead (mind transferred)
Beast = UN ambassador (or whatever it was)
Rogue = cured
Angel = reunited with father?
Storm = running the school
Wolverine = never settles anywhere!

That only leaves Iceman, Kitty and Colossus

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #27
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,353
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Given the way The Last Stand ends, I really don't see why it is so hard for people to conceive of the idea that the X-Men would eventually disband. TLS does end with Wolverine deciding to stay at the mansion as a teacher, but, given the transient nature of his character, it isn't inconceivable that he'd eventually leave.

DigificWriter is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #28
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

They made pretty clear that Storm decided to lead the school, and none said that Angel decided to leave, either Beast, even if he has a new role on the goverment.

Logan can come and go how many times he wants, that doesnt mean he left the x-men.

Rogue being cured doesnt mean she doesnt want to stay on the school, and specially being Bobby's girlfriend.

And we dont even know if after X3 events some new adult mutants could have joined the team.

Of course the x-men can disband anytime, but taking into account hox X3 ended, this doesnt feel right at all. It just would show us that the current characters are weak and arent able to handle a school, specially with characters like Angle being son of a millonaire and Beast having the support of the Goverment.

I can understand some fans dont mind to have the x-men disbanded at this point.

But having this roster:

Storm
Angel
Wolverine
Beast
Iceman
Kitty
Rogue
Collossus

I see to have the all these x-men disbanded right now is a cheap decision.

Im sure if X4 was have been made on 2009, the x-men would have stayed together, the same with X5, this year. They can always have some important crises goin on at the school, but disbanded at this point?

The idea of them disbanded is cool, definetly, but again, it doesnt make justice to these important characters/members.

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,882
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
They made pretty clear that Storm decided to lead the school, and none said that Angel decided to leave, either Beast, even if he has a new role on the goverment.

Logan can come and go how many times he wants, that doesnt mean he left the x-men.

Rogue being cured doesnt mean she doesnt want to stay on the school, and specially being Bobby's girlfriend.

And we dont even know if after X3 events some new adult mutants could have joined the team.

Of course the x-men can disband anytime, but taking into account hox X3 ended, this doesnt feel right at all. It just would show us that the current characters are weak and arent able to handle a school, specially with characters like Angle being son of a millonaire and Beast having the support of the Goverment.

I can understand some fans dont mind to have the x-men disbanded at this point.

But having this roster:

Storm
Angel
Wolverine
Beast
Iceman
Kitty
Rogue
Collossus

I see to have the all these x-men disbanded right now is a cheap decision.

Im sure if X4 was have been made on 2009, the x-men would have stayed together, the same with X5, this year. They can always have some important crises goin on at the school, but disbanded at this point?

The idea of them disbanded is cool, definetly, but again, it doesnt make justice to these important characters/members.
Disbanding the team doesn't mean leaving the school. It just means they are no longer putting on their uniforms and flying off on X-Men missions (especially with the X-jet disintegrated on Alcatraz!)

Rogue is hardly going to be doing anything now she is cured.

Storm will be too busy looking after the kids.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10

Last edited by X-Maniac; 10-26-2012 at 06:39 PM.
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,353
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

@Angamb: Disbanding the X-Men is not a' cheap' decision; it's a very plausible one given the way that TLS ends, and here's why:
* Angel is never said to be an actual member of the X-Men team, and, indeed, the last time we see him in TLS, he's in California flying over the repaired Golden Gate Bridge

* It is plausible and possible that Beast could have requested that he be allowed to have some type of presence at the mansion/school and play a continued role in the X-Men team in addition to his responsibilities as the mutant ambassador to the U.N., but there's no telling how long such a situation would ultimately last

* A given character's presence at the mansion/school and their membership in the X-Men are not part-and-parcel with each other. Even if Rogue stuck around at the mansion as a teacher, the fact that she chose to give up her mutant powers and become a human would disqualify her from active membership in the X-Men

* Wolverine might've chosen to remain at the mansion/school as a teacher, but, given the transient nature of his character and the possibility of his arc in The Wolverine centering significantly on his lingering feelings for Jean, it is not only plausible, but also likely that he'd eventually take off again

* It is likely, given Storm's character, that she'd try to balance membership in the X-Men with her new responsibilities as Headmistress of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, but, as with Beast's status, there's no telling how long she'd be able to maintain that balance


Last edited by DigificWriter; 10-26-2012 at 03:01 PM.
DigificWriter is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,882
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
@Angamb: Disbanding the X-Men is not a' cheap' decision; it's a very plausible one given the way that TLS ends, and here's why:
* Angel is never said to be an actual member of the X-Men team, and, indeed, the last time we see him in TLS, he's in California flying over the repaired Golden Gate Bridge

* It is plausible and possible that Beast could have requested that he be allowed to have some type of presence at the mansion/school and play a continued role in the X-Men team in addition to his responsibilities as the mutant ambassador to the U.N., but there's no telling how long such a situation would ultimately last

* A given character's presence at the mansion/school and their membership in the X-Men are not part-and-parcel with each other. Even if Rogue stuck around at the mansion as a teacher, the fact that she chose to give up her mutant powers and become a human would disqualify her from active membership in the X-Men

* Wolverine might've chosen to remain at the mansion/school as a teacher, but, given the transient nature of his character and the possibility of his arc in The Wolverine centering significantly on his lingering feelings for Jean, it is not only plausible, but also likely that he'd eventually take off again

* It is likely, given Storm's character, that she'd try to balance membership in the X-Men with her new responsibilities as Headmistress of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, but, as with Beast's status, there's no telling how long she'd be able to maintain that balance
On top of all that, The Last Stand's ending suggested a period of peace and happy co-existence had begun. Storm welcomed a whole load of new kids to the school, Beast became a worldwide ambassador, Magneto was no longer a threat, most of Magneto's army were dead, cured or disintegrated.

So the need for the X-Men to exist as a peacekeeping force was more or less removed.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,353
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

^ I'd forgotten about that, but, when you factor it in, the X-Men disbanding becomes even more plausible and, IMO, even becomes a 'practical eventuality'.

DigificWriter is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #33
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite
 
Ultimatehero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,473
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I posted this in another thread but I think it might be overlooked there:

As a bi guy and having just read the two comics this is based on, it brought to mind many things.

Lines from Uncanny X-Men 141:
Quote:
"In North America, in the year 2013, there are three classes of people: 'H' for baseline human - clean of mutant genes allowed to breed. 'A' for anamolous human - a normal person possessing mutant genetic potential and forbidden to breed. 'M' for mutant., the bottom of the heap, made pariahs and outcasts by the mutant control act of 1988. Hunted down and with a few rare exceptions killed without mercy. In the quarter century since the act's passage, millions have died."
I've heard horror stories of children being taken away from gay couples because it wasn't believed that they should be able to keep their children because of their sexuality. I forgot where I heard this, but it was frightening to hear.

Although gay marriage is becoming more legally acceptable, I would be lying if I didn't say I don't fear what will happen if/when the political climate changes. Some states add those rights then have taken them away. Rejection of gay families.

Gay people come out as bisexual because they think if they are not pure gay it will make life easier for them. And although it doubling chances is a myth, being bi does make it easier to be accepted. We (bis) would be the 'middle' A zone - not pure mutants with the same fear from people, but not the same level of prosecution.

Gay people are still attacked, killed, and sometimes commit suicide because of persecution.

ALL of which are in the two comics. While reading it, all I could think about is this.... if Romney takes away or threatens to take away gay marriage or rights and a pack of gay radicals kill him in a scene of terrorism to send a message - what kind of world and views would this create? I know this sounds absurd, but just go with it for a second -- could THIS attack lead to the same kind of world? It just seemed like a real possibility to me and that was unnerving.

It's kinda obvious metaphorically why this series is going there - it's timely and important. Plus this film series always has important LGBT metaphors due to Singer's input and it being the closest to the world of the X-Men.

Now re-read the above passage with the real-world substitute:
Quote:
"In North America, in the year 2013, there are three classes of people: 'S' for straight - clean of homosexuality allowed to get married and have families to continue their line. 'B' for bisexual - a straight person possessing homosexual potential and forbidden to get married and have families to continue their line. 'G' for gay, the bottom of the heap, made pariahs and outcasts by the gay control act of 1988. Hunted down and with a few rare exceptions killed without mercy. In the quarter century since the act's passage, millions have died."
Does the re-worded passage sound like something that far fetched?

That seems frighteningly like something that could happen. As said, ask yourself if Romney became president and then started talking about disbanding gay marriage and potentially rights because it wasn't seen as 'gods way' - and in retaliation, a couple of gay radicals killed him in an act of terrorism - would we wake up the next day as though nothing happened or would we wake up in the year '2013'?

Singer's previous X-Men films dealt with these metaphors sometimes subtly other times more up front. And the story and conflicts here just really stood out as something that's timely.

Note: Please don't turn this into a political or presidential debate, the main reason I noted him is because he's a big political figure currently and from a certain religious stance which views homosexuality as a sin against mankind. There have been others before him and there will be others after him. And yeah, I'll admit to phrasing it that way because - if you were to sum up President Kelly and his conflicts with mutant kind, what would it be?


Last edited by Ultimatehero; 10-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline  
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #34
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I wonder what the chances of Nightcrawler returning are. In the video game, he quit the X-Men because of the violence. But, I wonder if he'll have to fight for his survival in the future. After all, his father was in FC.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #35
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I posted this in another thread but I think it might be overlooked there:

As a bi guy and having just read the two comics this is based on, it brought to mind many things.

Lines from Uncanny X-Men 141:


I've heard horror stories of children being taken away from gay couples because it wasn't believed that they should be able to keep their children because of their sexuality. I forgot where I heard this, but it was frightening to hear.

Although gay marriage is becoming more legally acceptable, I would be lying if I didn't say I don't fear what will happen if/when the political climate changes. Some states add those rights then have taken them away. Rejection of gay families.

Gay people come out as bisexual because they think if they are not pure gay it will make life easier for them. And although it doubling chances is a myth, being bi does make it easier to be accepted. We (bis) would be the 'middle' A zone - not pure mutants with the same fear from people, but not the same level of prosecution.

Gay people are still attacked, killed, and sometimes commit suicide because of persecution.

ALL of which are in the two comics. While reading it, all I could think about is this.... if Romney takes away or threatens to take away gay marriage or rights and a pack of gay radicals kill him in a scene of terrorism to send a message - what kind of world and views would this create? I know this sounds absurd, but just go with it for a second -- could THIS attack lead to the same kind of world? It just seemed like a real possibility to me and that was unnerving.

It's kinda obvious metaphorically why this series is going there - it's timely and important. Plus this film series always has important LGBT metaphors due to Singer's input and it being the closest to the world of the X-Men.

Now re-read the above passage with the real-world substitute:


Does the re-worded passage sound like something that far fetched?

That seems frighteningly like something that could happen. As said, ask yourself if Romney became president and then started talking about disbanding gay marriage and potentially rights because it wasn't seen as 'gods way' - and in retaliation, a couple of gay radicals killed him in an act of terrorism - would we wake up the next day as though nothing happened or would we wake up in the year '2013'?

Singer's previous X-Men films dealt with these metaphors sometimes subtly other times more up front. And the story and conflicts here just really stood out as something that's timely.

Note: Please don't turn this into a political or presidential debate, the main reason I noted him is because he's a big political figure currently and from a certain religious stance which views homosexuality as a sin against mankind. There have been others before him and there will be others after him. And yeah, I'll admit to phrasing it that way because - if you were to sum up President Kelly and his conflicts with mutant kind, what would it be?
Even though I'm voting for Romney today, I think this is an excellent post.

Alexei Belyakov is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #36
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,026
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I posted this in another thread but I think it might be overlooked there:

As a bi guy and having just read the two comics this is based on, it brought to mind many things.

Lines from Uncanny X-Men 141:


I've heard horror stories of children being taken away from gay couples because it wasn't believed that they should be able to keep their children because of their sexuality. I forgot where I heard this, but it was frightening to hear.

Although gay marriage is becoming more legally acceptable, I would be lying if I didn't say I don't fear what will happen if/when the political climate changes. Some states add those rights then have taken them away. Rejection of gay families.

Gay people come out as bisexual because they think if they are not pure gay it will make life easier for them. And although it doubling chances is a myth, being bi does make it easier to be accepted. We (bis) would be the 'middle' A zone - not pure mutants with the same fear from people, but not the same level of prosecution.

Gay people are still attacked, killed, and sometimes commit suicide because of persecution.

ALL of which are in the two comics. While reading it, all I could think about is this.... if Romney takes away or threatens to take away gay marriage or rights and a pack of gay radicals kill him in a scene of terrorism to send a message - what kind of world and views would this create? I know this sounds absurd, but just go with it for a second -- could THIS attack lead to the same kind of world? It just seemed like a real possibility to me and that was unnerving.

It's kinda obvious metaphorically why this series is going there - it's timely and important. Plus this film series always has important LGBT metaphors due to Singer's input and it being the closest to the world of the X-Men.

Now re-read the above passage with the real-world substitute:


Does the re-worded passage sound like something that far fetched?

That seems frighteningly like something that could happen. As said, ask yourself if Romney became president and then started talking about disbanding gay marriage and potentially rights because it wasn't seen as 'gods way' - and in retaliation, a couple of gay radicals killed him in an act of terrorism - would we wake up the next day as though nothing happened or would we wake up in the year '2013'?

Singer's previous X-Men films dealt with these metaphors sometimes subtly other times more up front. And the story and conflicts here just really stood out as something that's timely.

Note: Please don't turn this into a political or presidential debate, the main reason I noted him is because he's a big political figure currently and from a certain religious stance which views homosexuality as a sin against mankind. There have been others before him and there will be others after him. And yeah, I'll admit to phrasing it that way because - if you were to sum up President Kelly and his conflicts with mutant kind, what would it be?
Great post is great. Nice!

747 is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,269
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I posted this in another thread but I think it might be overlooked there:

As a bi guy and having just read the two comics this is based on, it brought to mind many things.

Lines from Uncanny X-Men 141:


I've heard horror stories of children being taken away from gay couples because it wasn't believed that they should be able to keep their children because of their sexuality. I forgot where I heard this, but it was frightening to hear.

Although gay marriage is becoming more legally acceptable, I would be lying if I didn't say I don't fear what will happen if/when the political climate changes. Some states add those rights then have taken them away. Rejection of gay families.

Gay people come out as bisexual because they think if they are not pure gay it will make life easier for them. And although it doubling chances is a myth, being bi does make it easier to be accepted. We (bis) would be the 'middle' A zone - not pure mutants with the same fear from people, but not the same level of prosecution.

Gay people are still attacked, killed, and sometimes commit suicide because of persecution.

ALL of which are in the two comics. While reading it, all I could think about is this.... if Romney takes away or threatens to take away gay marriage or rights and a pack of gay radicals kill him in a scene of terrorism to send a message - what kind of world and views would this create? I know this sounds absurd, but just go with it for a second -- could THIS attack lead to the same kind of world? It just seemed like a real possibility to me and that was unnerving.

It's kinda obvious metaphorically why this series is going there - it's timely and important. Plus this film series always has important LGBT metaphors due to Singer's input and it being the closest to the world of the X-Men.

Now re-read the above passage with the real-world substitute:


Does the re-worded passage sound like something that far fetched?

That seems frighteningly like something that could happen. As said, ask yourself if Romney became president and then started talking about disbanding gay marriage and potentially rights because it wasn't seen as 'gods way' - and in retaliation, a couple of gay radicals killed him in an act of terrorism - would we wake up the next day as though nothing happened or would we wake up in the year '2013'?

Singer's previous X-Men films dealt with these metaphors sometimes subtly other times more up front. And the story and conflicts here just really stood out as something that's timely.

Note: Please don't turn this into a political or presidential debate, the main reason I noted him is because he's a big political figure currently and from a certain religious stance which views homosexuality as a sin against mankind. There have been others before him and there will be others after him. And yeah, I'll admit to phrasing it that way because - if you were to sum up President Kelly and his conflicts with mutant kind, what would it be?
To show we can have bi-partisan agreement on this board.As someone who Is voting for Obama I say great post.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #38
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
On top of all that, The Last Stand's ending suggested a period of peace and happy co-existence had begun. Storm welcomed a whole load of new kids to the school, Beast became a worldwide ambassador, Magneto was no longer a threat, most of Magneto's army were dead, cured or disintegrated.

So the need for the X-Men to exist as a peacekeeping force was more or less removed.
this is a reply to both x-maniac and DigificWriter:

I understand most of your points, definetly. And of course any writer could go in one direction or another.

But I suggest one question:

In the case XO: wolverine and first class never existed, and Fox would have decided to do X4 on 2009 and X5 this year: Do you think the x-men would be disbanded?

and another one, even if X3 ended with a pacific situation, do you think there wouldnt be anymore threats for mutants or the x-men, even if they could have disbanded around '2010' or something?

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,882
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
this is a reply to both x-maniac and DigificWriter:

I understand most of your points, definetly. And of course any writer could go in one direction or another.

But I suggest one question:

In the case XO: wolverine and first class never existed, and Fox would have decided to do X4 on 2009 and X5 this year: Do you think the x-men would be disbanded?

and another one, even if X3 ended with a pacific situation, do you think there wouldnt be anymore threats for mutants or the x-men, even if they could have disbanded around '2010' or something?
At the time they made X3, they intended to end the story (hence The Last Stand being the title) and develop spin-offs instead. X3 was intended to wrap up the series, except for origin films and spin-offs.

But if they had decided on an X4/X5, they could easily have moved forwards with some new team members (as happens at the end of the novelisation) and bring in new villains and threats.

Like you say, it could go any direction they wanted. So disbanding can make as much sense as NOT disbanding, because the films left enough doors open to carry on if they wanted.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #40
DigificWriter
Side-Kick
 
DigificWriter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,353
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Angamb: Are you asking if I would disband the X-Men in the aftermath of TLS - based on its canonical ending - were I in charge of doing a hypothetical X4? Probably not, mainly because, with a direct sequel to TLS that focused on the entire team rather than one specific character (which is the case with The Wolverine), you would want to keep the team together in order to tell more stories about them as a group.

However, what I would do is irrelevant because I'm not in charge of the X-franchise, and if Mangold says that, by the time of the events of The Wolverine (however long after TLS they might take place), the X-Men have officially disbanded as a group, that's the current 'status quo' of the X-verse. How or even if The Wolverine's events will have relevance to or link with Days of Future Past is something we'll have to wait to find out about, but, for now, it makes complete sense, if you look at the ending of TLS, for Mangold's statement to be true as it pertains to the events of The Wolverine.

DigificWriter is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #41
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
At the time they made X3, they intended to end the story (hence The Last Stand being the title) and develop spin-offs instead. X3 was intended to wrap up the series, except for origin films and spin-offs.

But if they had decided on an X4/X5, they could easily have moved forwards with some new team members (as happens at the end of the novelisation) and bring in new villains and threats.

Like you say, it could go any direction they wanted. So disbanding can make as much sense as NOT disbanding, because the films left enough doors open to carry on if they wanted.
was it always gonna be called TLS or was that after singer left?

Project862006 is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #42
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,882
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
was it always gonna be called TLS or was that after singer left?
Almost certainly after Singer left. He wanted an X4/X5 duology, and had written a treatment for it, but negotiations with the studio never reached a deal so he went to do SR instead.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #43
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
At the time they made X3, they intended to end the story (hence The Last Stand being the title) and develop spin-offs instead. X3 was intended to wrap up the series, except for origin films and spin-offs.

But if they had decided on an X4/X5, they could easily have moved forwards with some new team members (as happens at the end of the novelisation) and bring in new villains and threats.

Like you say, it could go any direction they wanted. So disbanding can make as much sense as NOT disbanding, because the films left enough doors open to carry on if they wanted.
everything can happen definetly. I think most of us would agree with that.

At the end of the day, its just my personal vision, since I dont see the x-men as a team disbanding at all. Some members can come and go, as always happen.

But when we have a comic/superhero team that started in the 60's and still on year 2012 they are still a team, and they have always been a team, I cant accept that on the movieverse at this right point the x-men are disbanded.

Sorry, I cant accept it.

The X-men have always been a STRONG team of mutants/characters that have stayed together over decades, with different members over the years, so why on the movieverse it isnt the same case?

That's what I dont accept.


Last edited by Angamb; 10-27-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Angamb is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #44
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

your making a big thing out of nothing he was clearly just saying that as a means to wolverine's mental state they aint gonna show flashbacks of x men disbanding lol

Project862006 is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #45
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I know, I know.

Its just the thought of it irritated me a bit

Angamb is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,060
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Even though I'm voting for Romney today, I think this is an excellent post.
And there goes that crush I had on you

Great Mind(s) is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #47
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,804
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

The X-Men have disbanded before. Them disbanding or getting back together are both very plausible events.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,022
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

It happens every 5 minutes in the comics.. And even in the various animated series.

JP is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #49
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
And there goes that crush I had on you
Voted for Barack 4 years ago. Lost my confidence in him. Maybe moneyman Mitt can make us some money & stop the economy from plummeting.

Whatever happens, I just hope for the best.

Alexei Belyakov is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #50
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,834
Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

This doesn't have to turn into a political thread, guys. Although, the world of the X-Men does deal with politics.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.