The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #151
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

I know plenty of people that absolutely loved Rises. Hell, one of my friends considers it the best out of the 3.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #152
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
That would not surprise me in the least.
Nor me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
It's such a shame to me cause I feel it's the weakest but it has some of my favourite scenes in the trilogy.
I'm in the same boat. One of my favorite characters of the trilogy is Selina. I could watch all of her scenes endlessly alone.

- The Joker
Old 10-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #153
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Give it time. Rises ain't even out on DVD yet and it's already got Batman fans divided up. Time is not going to be kind to it me thinks.

In fact I bet by this time next year when people own it and have more time to watch it it will be universally seen as the worst one.

Yup, I think that's how it's gonna go down.
Oh man, can we bet on this? Please???????

Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 AM   #154
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Oh man, can we bet on this? Please???????
I'll take that bet. Bring it on.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #155
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Give it time. Rises ain't even out on DVD yet and it's already got Batman fans divided up. Time is not going to be kind to it me thinks.

In fact I bet by this time next year when people own it and have more time to watch it it will be universally seen as the worst one.

Yup, I think that's how it's gonna go down.
All we can do is let time do its thing and see. Maybe the haters are "ahead of the curve". But maybe not.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #156
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Its funny how some people get affected by other people opinions. Who cares , how its gonna go down ! Are you that insecure that you need somebody else to reassure how you feel about a movie ?

Old 10-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #157
bane
TEH PUFFY

PTA loves the trilogy:
"I’ve never really been asked to do [big tentpole blockbusters]. You look at what Christopher Nolan did with Batman, that’s like the meeting of the highest level of artistic skill & a kind of commerciality and appeal to a wide range of people which is what anybody would want. It’s kind of unparalleled actually, and they don’t come to me with those. And that’s alright."

source: "http://www.**************.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69323"

The source is comic book movie dot com, dunno why it would not let me share the link

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.

Last edited by bane; 10-27-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #158
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
It's such a shame to me cause I feel it's the weakest but it has some of my favourite scenes in the trilogy.
Like I've said before, it's 20 lbs of story in a 2 lb bag. Blake and Foley were groan inducing and some scenes are quite silly and don't make sense but I will say in many ways its the most entertaining entry. It's just also the most vapid and poorly plotted.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #159
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane View Post
PTA loves the trilogy:
"Iíve never really been asked to do [big tentpole blockbusters]. You look at what Christopher Nolan did with Batman, thatís like the meeting of the highest level of artistic skill & a kind of commerciality and appeal to a wide range of people which is what anybody would want. Itís kind of unparalleled actually, and they donít come to me with those. And thatís alright."

source: "http://www.**************.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69323"

The source is comic book movie dot com, dunno why it would not let me share the link
Nice words from PTA.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #160
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I absolutely loved the movie, but it won't get any major Oscar nominations.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #161
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I absolutely loved the movie, but it won't get any major Oscar nominations.
I didn't even noticed i was posting in an oscars topic

Chances ? Meh , who cares. Ridiculous award ceremony. World Cinema is so much more than typical oscar-bait stuff.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #162
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
40% on the TDKR boards is saying it's a 10/10 on that one poll and there's another poll somewhere that even has TDKR as the better film of the trilogy. I highly doubt the same would be said if there was a poll on giving Godfather 3 a rating or if it was the best.

Like I said, TDKR is a polarizing film even with Batman fans, but a rather large chunk loves the film and would regard TDKR as the best of the three.
People always show more love for the newer movie. I don't think in time, TDKR will be held in any regard near TDK. Heck, when SR came out, it was very divisive and a good portion of people on here thought it was best Superman film ever. You don't see that same number of posters praising that film anymore.

Quote:
I know plenty of people that absolutely loved Rises. Hell, one of my friends considers it the best out of the 3.
I don't think in any test, your friends is a good public opinion gage. They always mirror your opinion to some degree, whether we admit they do or not.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #163
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Well everyone I know in real life that has seen the movie, loved it. And it got only major praise in the reviews from my country.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #164
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I'll take that bet. Bring it on.
What shall be the bet then?

Maybe something in the signature area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
People always show more love for the newer movie. I don't think in time, TDKR will be held in any regard near TDK. Heck, when SR came out, it was very divisive and a good portion of people on here thought it was best Superman film ever. You don't see that same number of posters praising that film anymore.
Those were definitely the more fickle fans though. I doubt there were that many Batman fans that thought TDKR was the best simply because it was the newer film as there is still some who believe Batman Begins to be better still than The Dark Knight.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #165
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I don't know if SR and TDKR really compare in any way. The "newness" factor for SR was a lot stronger considering it had been 19 years since the last Superman film and 26 years since the last good one. TDKR was coming off a monster critic and commercial success from 4 years prior and a lot of people went into TDKR more than willing to tear it down because of how popular the franchise was.

It's easy to forget how much hate (or least claims of "overrated") TDK got before TDKR came out. There was/is a very vocal minority there.

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-27-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #166
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Its funny how some people get affected by other people opinions. Who cares , how its gonna go down ! Are you that insecure that you need somebody else to reassure how you feel about a movie ?
It's a big side product of being internet children....by that I mean, grown up with the internet since being a child. More so on the net than at home, if you express a like for something that the majority of others don't...you can get merceslessly and continuously harassed about your opinion....so many tend to just go along with the crowd. For me personally....there are multitudes of things I don't agree with the majority on. If I like something, and the majority likes it too....that's cool. If I like something and the majority don't....that's too bad for them. But it doesn't change if I like it or not.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #167
bane
TEH PUFFY

Well it was the most successful of the three movies box office wise, so it might get some major nominations to please the TV audience.

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #168
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
It's a big side product of being internet children....by that I mean, grown up with the internet since being a child. More so on the net than at home, if you express a like for something that the majority of others don't...you can get merceslessly and continuously harassed about your opinion....so many tend to just go along with the crowd. For me personally....there are multitudes of things I don't agree with the majority on. If I like something, and the majority likes it too....that's cool. If I like something and the majority don't....that's too bad for them. But it doesn't change if I like it or not.
I totally relate to that.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #169
atomicbattery
Side-Kick

I consider it the best of the three.

It gave me something I never expected from a superhero movie- an emotional response. I've always attended them for sensation.

This is pretty rare for me- I've only experienced it a couple of times in a theater (Shawshank Redemption and- feel free to laugh- Finding Nemo). When the bats burst out prior to Bruce's leap I felt chills, and at the climax I was choking back tears. I was desperately trying to suppress this response because I thought that the lights would go up and the girl I was with would see my wet eyes and think I was an idiot.

This film overwhelmed me.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #170
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

it did that to me too. I didnt want my friends to see it but I couldnt help it. This movie, and the trilogy as a whole, dominated me. Cant see other batmans doing this to me, kind of like how no other animated batmans can touch TAS for me.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #171
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

1.)The Dark Knight Rises
2.)Batman Begins
3.)The Dark Knight

Caine for Best Supporting Actor.I thought he was Oscar Worthy,plus him being a two-time Oscar winner doesn't hurt his chances for nom.That,and WB are actually campaigning the whole cast.Imagine if JGL and Hardy got nominated?**** getting a Oscar nom for playing 'Robin' and 'Bane in a Batman Film? Only Chris Nolan is capable of getting his actors rewarded in such ways,unbelievable when you think about it.These are just comicbook films afterall now they are something more...A legend Mr Wayne.No wonder PTA admires this trilogy,high praise.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #172
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Like I've said before, it's 20 lbs of story in a 2 lb bag. Blake and Foley were groan inducing and some scenes are quite silly and don't make sense but I will say in many ways its the most entertaining entry. It's just also the most vapid and poorly plotted.
Darn right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

I don't think in any test, your friends is a good public opinion gage. They always mirror your opinion to some degree, whether we admit they do or not.
Quoted for truth. I reckon time will be unkind to it.

Quote:
What shall be the bet then?

Maybe something in the signature area?
Done. What should it say then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
it won't get any major Oscar nominations.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...-oscars-judges

Sure looks that way. Oscar judges were not impressed with it. Doesn't deserve any anyway.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #173
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I've never been particularly impressed with Oscar judges, either

Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #174
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Well said

A lot of the stuff in TDKR could be trimmed down, or just cut out entirely. Especially some of the Blake and Foley stuff.

- The Joker
Old 10-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #175
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
I consider it the best of the three.

It gave me something I never expected from a superhero movie- an emotional response. I've always attended them for sensation.

This is pretty rare for me- I've only experienced it a couple of times in a theater (Shawshank Redemption and- feel free to laugh- Finding Nemo). When the bats burst out prior to Bruce's leap I felt chills, and at the climax I was choking back tears. I was desperately trying to suppress this response because I thought that the lights would go up and the girl I was with would see my wet eyes and think I was an idiot.

This film overwhelmed me.
Absolutely

Not only its technically marvelous , it carries a great emotional story build upon two other movies. Its a masterful achievement.

Closed Thread