The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #26
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Next Batman Film Franchise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Regardless of what they do for the reboot, there are two things that I want them to keep from the Nolan films:

1) I want the reboot to be just as dark as the Nolan films were - no campy or family friendly tone. Batman works the best when he is dark. Keep the dark tone that Nolan got right.

2) Keep the intelligence and complexity of the Nolan films. This means a story with tons of twists, tons of things that challenge you, great character development, good and strong themes, and with philoshopical/psychological arguments added in.

These two things are crucial to a Batman franchise and are part of what makes Batman who he is.
Hopefully this is exactly what happens. Right now I'm getting the vibe that people want Batman to go lighter now and be more like the Marvel Studios films. And with WB pushing so hard for Justice League who knows what they're thinking right now...

I just hope it has some balls, whichever direction they take it. Lately I'm thinking one great way to go would be to just start film 1 with the Bat-family already in play. Have Jason Todd already there as Robin, and you can do a three film arc where Jason is killed somewhere towards in the middle and explore how this affects the whole Bat-family. Could be a way to get Robin, Nightwing, Oracle- all these characters in there that people want to see. But adapting "A Death in the Family" keeps it dark and brings that element of tragedy without having to rehash the Waynes' murder yet again. Just a thought. The only problem with this is that everyone will see it coming, just like everyone knows Gwen is going to bite it in ASM 2. But a little creativity can go a long way on that one.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #27
The Hyena
Spagett!

This may sound stupid but, why not throw it into the Golden Age? We've seen the modern batman with all of his hi-tech, special effects gadgets but what if they made this a serious mid-cold war thriller series? You could play on the crime and the wildness of that era in a really cool way. Kind of like Watchmen only earlier than that. With the weird villains, just not the wackiness of the Adam West series. Think about how unique the characters could look; a riddler with horn-rimmed glassess, a Mr. Freeze in what seems to be a prototype spacesuit, make it look harmless, and throw extremely harmful people into that look. I think that could be really cool. Why not have Dr. Crane taking advantage of the LSD craze as a basis for his fear toxin? Why not have a post vietnam, napalm-addicted Firefly? A Charles Manson-esque Joker? The possibilites are strangely endless. In all honesty, this could be a really intuitve creative step. This could be a loop hole in the undeniable outrage of people claiming it a copy of either Nolan or the Avengers. I realize it's almost 100% unlikely, due to the fact that Batman has to be in the Justice League, but damn, that would be a cool movie series.

The Hyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:39 AM   #28
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

That's a great idea. Any type of period piece would be really cool actually. Too bad Justice League is already having a bearing on the directions the next franchise could go.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #29
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Hopefully this is exactly what happens. Right now I'm getting the vibe that people want Batman to go lighter now and be more like the Marvel Studios films. And with WB pushing so hard for Justice League who knows what they're thinking right now...

I just hope it has some balls, whichever direction they take it. Lately I'm thinking one great way to go would be to just start film 1 with the Bat-family already in play. Have Jason Todd already there as Robin, and you can do a three film arc where Jason is killed somewhere towards in the middle and explore how this affects the whole Bat-family. Could be a way to get Robin, Nightwing, Oracle- all these characters in there that people want to see. But adapting "A Death in the Family" keeps it dark and brings that element of tragedy without having to rehash the Waynes' murder yet again. Just a thought. The only problem with this is that everyone will see it coming, just like everyone knows Gwen is going to bite it in ASM 2. But a little creativity can go a long way on that one.
I love your idea but why not have him die at the end of the first movie, have Hush as the villain in the second movie, and then the Red Hood storyline last?

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
I love your idea but why not have him die at the end of the first movie, have Hush as the villain in the second movie, and then the Red Hood storyline last?
i actually like that idea a lot.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #31
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I want David Fincher to direct a Batman film and hopefully a trilogy.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #32
Batman999
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Regardless of what they do for the reboot, there are two things that I want them to keep from the Nolan films:

1) I want the reboot to be just as dark as the Nolan films were - no campy or family friendly tone. Batman works the best when he is dark. Keep the dark tone that Nolan got right.

2) Keep the intelligence and complexity of the Nolan films. This means a story with tons of twists, tons of things that challenge you, great character development, good and strong themes, and with philoshopical/psychological arguments added in.

These two things are crucial to a Batman franchise and are part of what makes Batman who he is.
spot on. some things will inevitably change but i hope the dark, brooding overtones stay. i hope they go back to the burton gotham and make it a really creepy, eerie gothic type city.

Batman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #33
TheWatcher
Dapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
i actually like that idea a lot.
Thanks.

I'm thinking Michael C.Hall as Tommy with the Fass as Bruce.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote