The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

View Poll Results: what do you think of the New Batman look
10-OMG. So awesome, can't wait! moment I was waiting for this since SV Started 5 20.00%
9 2 8.00%
8 3 12.00%
7 2 8.00%
6 0 0%
5-Let's wait and see before I decide if it's good or not 6 24.00%
4 0 0%
3 1 4.00%
2 0 0%
1-I hate it. should have done better.FAIL! 5 20.00%
0-words don't describe how much I don't care right now. 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #376
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
I love the look of Smallville's Mr. Freeze.
Same here reminds me of BTAS

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #377
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
The Batmobile in the new comic is closer to Burton's design.
It looks like a combination of that with Burton's Batmobile bodycasing mixed with The Tumbler wheels. And I love that Lois hijacks a police motorcycle to follow them .

It's entrance alone is a shout out to "Batman Begins" with The Tumblr panicking the police blockade .

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 10-20-2012 at 10:03 PM.
The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #378
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
It looks like a combination of that with Burton's Batmobile bodycasing mixed with The Tumbler wheels. And I love that Lois hijacks a police motorcycle to follow them .

It's entrance alone is a shout out to "Batman Begins" with The Tumblr panicking the police blockade .
I loved the winged ends on it, definitely an homage to Burton's era of films.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #379
Binker
Side-Kick

Are there more images of it? Because it looks, from that pic, more...of a mess, y'know?

EDIT: Nevermind, got the issue. Actually, I liked how the "S" has lead shielding for kryptonite protection from his heart; more and more BQM is making the suit more realuty based by showing that it's not just dress up, it's made out of things for reasons based on the adventures/missions he has.

As for the Batmobile: I see a bit of Burton in the front, the rest is the Tumbler design, but the extra tires in the front is from the Keaton-variant from the Child of Dreams manga. Here's a picture just in case:

Last edited by Binker; 10-21-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #380
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post

Cool

P.S Now that we have seen the Smallville Bat-Suit in action for a couple weeks now, what do Smallville fans really think of it?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #381
Binker
Side-Kick

BTW, was the Batmobile (hidden) yet appeared in the first chapter of the first issue of Detective? Because we all assumed the Batmobile was the tank Nightwing mentions in that issue. Or does this Batman have BOTH a Batmobile and a Bat-tank?!

Just the suit, or Batman in general...?

I went to Kryptonsite (the only site I know of where Smallville fans are) and when it comes to Batman in Smallville, I got surprised reactions.

One thread I read there had a post where the guy asked about how long "Detective" was going to be (the thread was posted back in August) because he felt the comic, even though it was a monthly comic that still does what monthly comics do (with digital release difference), he felt that Smallville was now becoming a Superman/Batman comic and instead would want continuing stories of guest characters from the show (i.e. Kara, Legion, JLA, JSA, etc) moreso than anything Batman-related. He even said the suit made him look like a robot.

The rest of the thread had a mixture of people feeling the same, and others questioning why fans disliked at best the idea of Batman in the comic. I felt there were more people liking Batman in the comic than not, though.

As for the issues; each issue has had rating polls on this site too, and I checked them out. On the Detective arc alone, the issues were given mostly positive reactions, with more of a mixed bag reactions from certain people only in the beginning parts. Again, these issues were the digital parts, not the full printed versions.

PS Some want to have Wonder Woman now in the comic, as well as suggesting episode titles for her debut: Amazon, Myths, Sensation (like Sensation Comics, since Detective was like Detctive Comics for Batman). But, that's what I got.

Last edited by Binker; 10-21-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #382
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Cool

P.S Now that we have seen the Smallville Bat-Suit in action for a couple weeks now, what do Smallville fans really think of it?
For me, I like the suit a lot more as you can see that rather than it just being a Man dressed up in tights as a Bat. Batman's Batsuit is similar to Iron Man's armor, where it has capabilities to combat any situation The Dark Knight might find himself in at any given time. I'd have love to have seen in done in life action tv series exactly as depicted in this comic.

I still don't like the Bat-emblem chest design but it's growing on me. The black faceplate mask Bruce wears over his face is bit much. I'd have rather see his normal face but again minor nitpick. I love the look of the cowl . The cape is fine and works well.

I love seeing two bat-vehicles so far
* The Batwing
* The Batmobile

I wonder if well see Nightwing on the bat-cycle that is designed to look like Nolan's Bat-pod?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #383
hithere144

I don't like the idea of Bats as relying heavily on his armor, he's not Stark. I also think that if WarnerB had their heads out of their collective heineys, they would have had a young Bruce Wayne visiting Luthor over a business deal early in the TV show, and had him training for his future and playing detective over some mystery.

hithere144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #384
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithere144 View Post
I don't like the idea of Bats as relying heavily on his armor, he's not Stark. I also think that if WarnerB had their heads out of their collective heineys, they would have had a young Bruce Wayne visiting Luthor over a business deal early in the TV show, and had him training for his future and playing detective over some mystery.
I actually feels the armor makes sense and I actually like it now that I've seen it action so to speak it's a mix of a modern day knight armor and resembles the Nolan Batman armor only 'Smallvillized' with thing like black face paint to help camouflouge himself and he is almost prepared for things like running into and fighting Superman, etc and to me it's no different from the movie bat costume.

Although I would have loved to see Batman and Clark/what's happening in this episode/arc team up on Smallville(especially post season 6) I think's it perfectly fine to see Batman as Clark's first Superman team up and this is better for me(Love to see this in live action some day).

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #385
smallville fan
Hero

I lol'ed at this scene, Batman Begins anyone?

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #386
Binker
Side-Kick

Did anyone forget tht #21 (of the digital series) came out?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #387
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Did anyone forget tht #21 (of the digital series) came out?
Yeah I was wondering why no one mention this comic as much anymore.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 10-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #388
Binker
Side-Kick

Okay, finally I have the latest issue (did everyone think this was a skip week? If so, double reviews next week (maybe)). Here we go: in our newest chapter of Season 11:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Upon dropping off his last passenger; a bus driver doses off in the middle of the street, only to be waken up by the Batmobile going through his bus. News stations cover the pursuit of the "murderer Batman kidnapping a wounded Superman" just as Lois and Ollie meet up (wondering where Batman is taking Superman) and Chloe is hacking into the traffic system so no one is hurt during the chase.

Inside the Batmobile: Nightwing comments on the stress she's feeling over Superman being hurt and Batman being chased, just as Superman tells Batman to call him Clark and Batman, relieved that Clark is still alive, asks him who to call to save him. Nightwing calls Chloe, who in turn calls a choked up Lois; Nightwing gives her the sitaution: Superman has four kryptonite bullets, none to the heart, but his vitals are fading. Nightwing, later, gives Batman Lois' message: get the kryptonite out, and then expose Superman to yellow sunlight. But as Batman says, he's already has his hands full.

A road block is set up, with cops surrounded, so Batman can't "go through it" like before, so he comes up with a different idea. Shifting the front tires to a "X" position, and firing the boosters from below, the Batmobile literally goes around the road block from above. The cops, and even Lois and Ollie, can't believe what they saw. A helicopter approaches, with a EMP on board, and Batman knows this and but can't do anything about it, until Ollie messages him that he can. Ollie simply "pops up" to the helicopter, and it goes away.

Nightwing takes control of the Batmobile, leading it outside the Leviathan ship. Batman performs the surgery inside the car, just as Lois arrives and she sees it happening. After getting the bullets out, Batman reprograms his vest and splash Clark with yellow sunlight, just as the police report that they lost the Batman. Chloe is relieved that it's over, but Batman and Nightwing respond that it isn't; they need to make sure that the authorites know it was Freeze and Prankster who killed Chill. Ollie agrees, but also asks for his lawyer to be called too (he's been arrested).

In parts unknown: Prankster and Freeze meet up, and Freeze comments on our heroes' "heroics." It is here that Prankster reveals his prank: the kryptonite bullets were homing devices, and they now know where Superman, Batman, and Nightwing are: Leviathan.
TO BE CONTINUED

Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #389
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
Yeah I was wondering why no one mention this comic as much anymore.
For me I wait until the printed issue comes out that way I can talk about that act III as one whole unit rather than a single weekly strip.

I will admit that panel with The Batmobile doing that stunt was wickedly awesome .

Old 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #390
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Okay, finally I have the latest issue (did everyone think this was a skip week? If so, double reviews next week (maybe)). Here we go: in our newest chapter of Season 11:

Upon dropping off his last passenger; a bus driver doses off in the middle of the street, only to be waken up by the Batmobile going through his bus. News stations cover the pursuit of the "murderer Batman kidnapping a wounded Superman" just as Lois and Ollie meet up (wondering where Batman is taking Superman) and Chloe is hacking into the traffic system so no one is hurt during the chase.

Inside the Batmobile: Nightwing comments on the stress she's feeling over Superman being hurt and Batman being chased, just as Superman tells Batman to call him Clark and Batman, relieved that Clark is still alive, asks him who to call to save him. Nightwing calls Chloe, who in turn calls a choked up Lois; Nightwing gives her the sitaution: Superman has four kryptonite bullets, none to the heart, but his vitals are fading. Nightwing, later, gives Batman Lois' message: get the kryptonite out, and then expose Superman to yellow sunlight. But as Batman says, he's already has his hands full.

A road block is set up, with cops surrounded, so Batman can't "go through it" like before, so he comes up with a different idea. Shifting the front tires to a "X" position, and firing the boosters from below, the Batmobile literally goes around the road block from above. The cops, and even Lois and Ollie, can't believe what they saw. A helicopter approaches, with a EMP on board, and Batman knows this and but can't do anything about it, until Ollie messages him that he can. Ollie simply "pops up" to the helicopter, and it goes away.

Nightwing takes control of the Batmobile, leading it outside the Leviathan ship. Batman performs the surgery inside the car, just as Lois arrives and she sees it happening. After getting the bullets out, Batman reprograms his vest and splash Clark with yellow sunlight, just as the police report that they lost the Batman. Chloe is relieved that it's over, but Batman and Nightwing respond that it isn't; they need to make sure that the authorites know it was Freeze and Prankster who killed Chill. Ollie agrees, but also asks for his lawyer to be called too (he's been arrested).

In parts unknown: Prankster and Freeze meet up, and Freeze comments on our heroes' "heroics." It is here that Prankster reveals his prank: the kryptonite bullets were homing devices, and they now know where Superman, Batman, and Nightwing are: Leviathan.
TO BE CONTINUED
Thanks for the spoilers, Blinker. I appreciate it. Yeah this comic sounds great. Superman is having great stuff out. I know how it sucks waiting for the print issue to come out now. The wait is killing me. But it's worth it in the end.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #391
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Oh...If Only...

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:53 AM   #392
Binker
Side-Kick

Where did you get that?!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #393
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Oh...If Only...

Whoa ! hold on a sec how'd you do that ?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #394
Binker
Side-Kick

Am'I the only one who knew and got the latest issue?
"waits a bit..."

Guess so. Oh well, in our newest chapter of Season 11:

Otis hands a partly burnt popcorn to Lex, noting that it is early, though it's never too early for entertainment as Lex says. Giving Lex alone time, he soon has a brief argument with Tess. Lex notes that Tess couldn't figure the typing out, and when Tess asks why he's in a good mood, he points out what's on the news: Superman has been shot, and Batman is on the run. Tess points out her death by his hands, a memory he does not have anymore, but Lex isn't angry over she did, as Luthors are "survivors" and she did what he would've done if the roles were reversed. Lex will now be strapped to his bed, perventing her from doing what she did again. He also notes that Tess might have a connection to Superman, as she hopes he's okay as she watches the monitor where his signal is (from the radiation Lex gave him).

Inside Leviathan; Clark wakes up with Lois by his side, where Lois reveals the world still thinks Batman killed Superman, and she can't help but be tempted by the huge story she's been given: Batman isn't a myth, and is Bruce Wayne. Barbara Gordon, introducing herself to the two, gives Clark some orange juice before he heads out to speak with Bruce, who is hard at work at the armory. Bruce asks why Clark hasn't destroyed Lex' satellite, but Clark points out Lex would build more, and that he prefers hope and inspiration over fear and brute force (in a way, criticizing Bruce's Batman). Bruce tells Clark that he's been having a hard time finding Prankster and Freeze, because Freeze needs to be in extreme colds to survive; Clark points out the Hobbs River as an idea, but the list is too big. Then Clark has an idea: use Lex' tracking from himself to read other types of radiation, like kryptonite. Bruce tries that, and then successfuly, finds the villains' location. Given Clark's weaknesses, and Bruce still being human who can't survive colds 40 below; Bruce reveals what he has built: armored suits for Superman and Batman to fight in. In order to still keep a low profile, the two heroes head out into the sewers with another one of Batman's vehicles: the Batboat.

In interrogation; Ollie tells the interrogator, yet again, that he was not helping a criminal escape but helping another hero who needed medical attention after being hurt by two other villains. The interrogator doesn't believe it, but then two agents enter and inform the interrogator that Ollie's representative has arrive with proof that Batman is not a murderer, Green Arrow is innocent, and the two men responsible are Prankster and Freeze. And who is Ollie's representative? His wife, Chloe.

At the dock near the Leviathan: agents of Intergang kill a dock worker, then proceed (heavily armed) to enter the ship, where Lois and Babs are the only ones there. At their hideout; as Intergang enters Leviathan, and Freeze prepares himself, Prankster says that Freeze's job isn't done yet, and double-crosses him by shutting down his suit using his own upgrades. As Prankster says, he wants to show the world what it really means "to get pranked."

TO BE CONTINUED

Old 11-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #395
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Cat staggs cover art.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #396
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Thanks for the info! I don't like the look of the armor(part of me thinks it's too cartoony/comic book as well as too soon for the Smallville world they were going for but I like the idea) overall I can't complain and have to give it a 3.5/4 out of 5.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #397
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Kevin west's pencils were awful to me. Ugh

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #398
Johnny
Side-Kick

I love how he drew the girls. Lois and Barbara were beautiful. Wasn't a huge fan of his Superman though. Not only because he didn't look like Tom, but because he looked 15 years older.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #399
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

To me, he also totally changed Bruce Wayne. Looked like the one from The Batman cartoon (which i love) but still, continuity man.

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #400
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Was that The Batskiboat I saw in this issue and is it just me or is the design based of "Batman Returns" ?